AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the purpose of kicking basic members?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2019
One of my friends that cam said she kicks any basic members out of her room. She constantly monitors while chatting and immediately kicks them. She has the option turned on to mute all basics so they cant chat anyway. I tried to tell her, that the users can just create a new account and hop back on, causing her to needlessly kick again. They can also just log off completely, and still view her cam as a "guest". She did not believe me. Is there something I'm missing?

Kicking is not banning. If they're kicked they can turn around and come right back in. Banning their account lasts however long the model decides. If someone gets banned and feels like creating new accounts every time then that's kinda sad with 1000+ models to chose from lol. Not only do they have to create a new account they have to refresh their VPN so they're coming in from a different IP. That's a lot of steps just to sit there and not have the ability to interact and probably get banned again according to her rules. In any case many model friends have told me it's flat out fun and stress relieving when it's slow, just randomly kick/ban someone that has zero chance of contributing anyway. Personally I find it funny as hell when they break out the ban hammer and start booting basics lol.

Upvote 0
Interesting that anyone would waste their time banning basics. Like I said, they can log out, and just view as guests anyway. I would think the more members you have in your room is beneficial, since it takes you up on the list of cams. Also spending that time watching for basics and kicking them could be spent on members. Members see what you are doing. And who is to say that a Basic won't join as a member? They could always decide to join but if kicked, that discourages them from ever joining.

Upvote 0
I would think the more members you have in your room is beneficial, since it takes you up on the list of cams.

I've never understood why people think 1000 people in a room, of which 800-900 of them are basics or guests, is a good thing. Seen countless times where one of the 'busiest' room at the time has a model making nearly no progress on her topic, while a girl with half the number of people is killing it because she's got premiums, not just basics/guests.

And who is to say that a Basic won't join as a member?

Meh, I'm sure it happens, but if you're going to spend money on a site just do it already. IMO if there's a basic that decided not to join a room as a premium because they got their fragile ego stepped on with a kick/ban for just sitting there doing nothing the room probably wasn't the right fit anyway.

The more I hear about this girl the more I like her. :haha:

Upvote 0
That sounds like an exhausting waste of time. I’d be too busy kicking people without tokens to make any tokens.

Upvote 0
Aren't they kind of shooting themselves in the foot by doing that though? The way I see it, the basics are only one step closer to becoming a premium member. They made the choice to make an account to begin with, so why wouldn't they maybe make the choice to go premium? They are obviously somewhat curious imo. So by booting them or banning them you are reducing your own potential income. Unless they are being annoying, keep them around to see if you can convert them into paying members.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't they still be able to watch from the lounge or from their friends lists, or even just incognito mode?

Upvote 0
It never makes sense to me that a person would go through the hassle of creating an account if they have zero intention of spending any money when they can just watch it without logging in or even registering.

Upvote 0
That sounds like an exhausting waste of time. I’d be too busy kicking people without tokens to make any tokens.

I'm not gonna lie, I've had quite a lot of fun with the 'ban a basic' tip option - probably more than I should. In fact I should probably consider therapy lol. But joking aside I'm told it can be quite therapeutic for a girl on a bad day :) . Yeah they're gonna get back in or change IPs or do whatever but it is what it is :)

Upvote 0
I'm not gonna lie, I've had quite a lot of fun with the 'ban a basic' tip option - probably more than I should. In fact I should probably consider therapy lol. But joking aside I'm told it can be quite therapeutic for a girl on a bad day :) . Yeah they're gonna get back in or change IPs or do whatever but it is what it is :)
I get that but after a decade in this biz, in my opinion, it is not worth it and tends to breed more negativity. Banning every single basic every day all shift, that’s just repetitive negativity and not good for business in the long run.

Upvote 0
Banning every single basic every day all shift...

I concur, somewhere in my line of opinions I kinda lost site of the fact that the original statement indicated such frequency. Forget what that does for business, not good for one's on mental health I wouldn't think. There's venting, and there's just wallowing. Well stated.

Upvote 0
It sounds like she got bad advice when she started her camming career and isn't interested in thinking things through. Lots of people have multiple accounts. She might be kicking a whale unawares.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.