AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What makes a cam girl successful?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
State of Denial
Many of you who are models are also fans and followers of other cam girls. In your opinion, what are the qualities that make a model successful in this biz?

On the personal level, there are obvious characteristics like personality (to be "different" enough to set yourself apart without being too offbeat to the point of becoming an acquied taste that few acquire), a sense of humor (the ability to be self-effacing and able to laugh at themselves and others), etc. Looks certainly matter, but several of the most popular girls, while not at all unattractive, certainly do not fit the stereotype of what men typically claim they find attractive.

I think two qualities that help a lot are attentiveness and relentless self-promotion. The model who is attentive to her fans -- promptly answering e-mails and filling orders, greeting regulars amd newbies alike when they enter the room, tuning in on those individual personalities and remembering the quirks and interests of frequent visitors -- generates a lot of loyalty. The ability to multi-task under pressure is certainly a plus -- some models amaze me with their ability to keep the topic current, keep track of multiple intertwining chat threads, deal with PMs and public chat simultaneously, and manage a crowded room without breaking stride or losing their smile. And the model who can keep things fresh -- coming up with new ideas, games, stunts, themes on a regular basis -- has a decided advantage over girls that pretty much do the same schtick day in and out.

And it seems to me that the mega-models know how to promote their "brand" relentlessly through their profile and personal website, videos and swag, twitter updates, etc. I firmly believe that top echelon models spend as much time off-cam managing and promoting themselves as they do in front of the lens.

What qualities do you guys have to add, amplify, or agree/disagree with?

everything you mentioned is helpful but honestly its hard to pin down. when i first became a cam model i used to watch top girls all the time to figure out the magic recipe to success. turns out there isnt one. you can be banging hot with a lovely personality and still just do ok. i think what matters most is creativity and sticking to the schedule. im the worst about this. seriously it gets mentioned a million times here because its true. any new ladies listening in. stick to a schedule! it will be your downfall if you dont. when your regulars get used to seeing you at a certain time every night or other night and then you disappear for a week (or 3 if your me) they will be forced to move on.

It's less of a schedule, i'm learning - and more being regular.

I don't have a set schedule. But i'm on REGULARLY - and I keep everybody updated if I miss a day etc.

Schedule would probably help more .. but if you can be on regularly it will help too.

We are creatures of habit. I would think a set schedule and being on regularly is a big help to finding members who might become regulars.

In my personal experience, any model that I have become a regular in their room was due to them being on consistently the same times that my schedule allowed me to be on. Of course that is not everything that was involved, there has to be some attraction as well, be it personality, a fun room or looks. If they disappear for long periods of time or were not on the times I was that will certainly lessen the chance of me becoming a regular.

Remember that most members have regular schedules as well. Work hours, leisure time and time spent on the computer etc is generally pretty consistent.

Reactions: sexlace
I find that the most successful models that I watch are successful because they're actually enjoying themselves. The models that truly enjoy conversing with people, the ones that don't sound like an infomercial on repeat about what's going on in their topic, the ones that are just laid-back and smiling, having a great time, those models will always have new people wandering in and getting hooked. Nobody wants to see a cranky cam girl begging for tokens, right?

There's a lot to be said for being on a schedule, for being on regularly even if there is no real schedule but it's not everything.

I've found a lot of times that the people I consider my regulars keep an eye out for me because I can't cam regularly at the moment so that when they see me on, they come hang out. Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Reactions: SweetDee
"coming up with new ideas, games, stunts, themes"

I am a relatively new model, and never thought of this. What are some popular ones on M.F.C.?

I know it's already been said but I'll say it again, personality and consistency are the two things almost all successful models have in common.
Just be YOU! Don't try to act or be anything other than yourself. It comes off as fake and extremely cheesy unless you are some sort of Oscar award winning pro. Just talk to the people in your room like they are people and expect the same in return. I socialize with my fellas like I would if we were all hanging out at a party.
Nothing will make me leave a models room faster than over the top acting in public chat. It's just... uncomfortable.
Of course I'm talking about MFC public chat, roleplaying and other private show requests are different.

I find the term to 'be oneself' misleading. It almost implies that it's justified to hold onto poor character traits. I prefer the term 'being your best self'.

Successful camgirls tend to be:

Unique
Creative
Outgoing
Vibrant
Visually appealing
Happy
Open-minded
Patient
Appreciative
Empathetic (not necessary, but a good trait nonetheless)
Intelligent
Courteous
Motivated
Tenacious
etc.

These attributes all contribute towards being like-able, which in turn, has a strong correlation to being successful.

hornygods said:
Successful camgirls tend to be: [...] Empathetic (not necessary, but a good trait nonetheless) [...]
Personally, as a viewer, I'd say being empathetic is a big part of what separates a good model from a great one. If a model prioritizes her viewers over herself — if she's personally invested in them and concerned about them, or at least makes the viewers feel like she is even if she isn't — then an emotional bond will form between the viewer and model and will lead to more tips, more viewers, higher cam score, etc. If I feel like a model wants to talk to me and is interested in what I have to say then I'm probably going to tip her and come back. If she remembers me, I'll keep coming back. And from the way I've seen other viewers react in various rooms, I'd say other people respond to models this way, too, even if they're not aware of it. Everyone has their own reasons for watching cams (some more obvious than others), but at the most basic level it seems like the biggest tippers* are going to be ones who feel a personal connection to the model.

* Of course there are going to be the outliers here, the guys who tip 10,000 tokens to make an impression or get on a model's profile, but I'd argue that over time the guys who keep coming back to a model will end up tipping more than the guy who just wants to show off.

I'm no where near being a top model or anything, and I've still got a lot to learn I'll be the first to admit. But one thing I've noticed that successful models share is that they don't take any shit from anyone, and they don't come across as someone that "needs" your tokens. They stay in control of their chat room and don't let anyone else try to run things.

Also, being in a good mood while on cam is a must!!!!!

Reactions: Sheila_Jewel
Magic fairydust and a golden pussy with an asshole made of ivory. Those are the keys to success.

Red7227 said:
blackxrose said:
an asshole made of ivory.

That you can prolapse on command.

My preference is the other end of the digestive tract when it either has a big smile or is sucking a cock.
This is something I'll have to agree with you on. :) Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.