AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What makes a popular model magic?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon_Omega said:
LilyMarie said:
Just a random little thing to support my theory... there's a Belgian model online right now, camscore 7711, speaks good English, is conventionally attractive. She's wearing a tanktop and she's been online for 16 minutes according to mycamgirl. There have been between 35 and 40 people in her room for the past minutes. :|

Could you PM me her name? Fom that description I'd say that this is a camgirl I wouldn't mind visiting sometime
Done :)

bsurs said:
LilyMarie said:
Just a random little thing to support my theory... there's a Belgian model online right now, camscore 7711, speaks good English, is conventionally attractive. She's wearing a tanktop and she's been online for 16 minutes according to mycamgirl. There have been between 35 and 40 people in her room for the past minutes. :|
On the other hand, a topic with "tip 9999 if u wanna help me with univ" and "30days skp(23456)" probably turns off a few potential viewers.
I'm not sure what makes you think the girl I was talking about had a topic like that.

LilyMarie said:
[...]
bsurs said:
LilyMarie said:
On the other hand, a topic with "tip 9999 if u wanna help me with univ" and "30days skp(23456)" probably turns off a few potential viewers.
I'm not sure what makes you think the girl I was talking about had a topic like that.
Because it's highly unlikely there was another model from Belgium with a camscore of 7711 that was on at the same time? You can even see her last room topic on mycamgirl.

bsurs said:
Because it's highly unlikely there was another model from Belgium with a camscore of 7711 that was on at the same time? You can even see her last room topic on mycamgirl.
Yep, I just took a look. Weird. That was definitely not the topic she had (yet) when I was in her room.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
LilyMarie said:
bsurs said:
Yep, I just took a look. Weird. That was definitely not the topic she had (yet) when I was in her room.
I was scanning when this model was mentioned, she changed the topic in frustration at the lack of action on getting topless. She then placed a countdown on room and soon took a decent true pvt (20/ 30 minutes).
Was not sure on how you were using her as an example, so didn't respond. She seemed fairly typical of most good models of that camscore to me (for a european model anyway). I could tell what makes her popular enough to hold that camscore (keep in mind room size is no indicator of what a model is doing behind the scenes either).

Ambers Troll said:
LilyMarie said:
bsurs said:
I was scanning when this model was mentioned, she changed the topic in frustration at the lack of action on getting topless. She then placed a countdown on room and soon took a decent true pvt (20/ 30 minutes).
Was not sure on how you were using her as an example, so didn't respond. She seemed fairly typical of most good models of that camscore to me (for a european model anyway). I could tell what makes her popular enough to hold that camscore (keep in mind room size is no indicator of what a model is doing behind the scenes either).
I only used her to support what I had said earlier, about how European models with relatively high camscores tend to have relatively few people in their rooms.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
LilyMarie said:
Ambers Troll said:
LilyMarie said:
bsurs said:
I only used her to support what I had said earlier, about how European models with relatively high camscores tend to have relatively few people in their rooms.

Can agree with that in general, with many exceptions of course. Think it is in part how the european community varies from more US/ Western cam culture. I suspect if you were to include private message/ chat action, the european models are spending their attentions there on serious regulars over the more unstable opportunities in free chat.

Ambers Troll said:
Can agree with that in general, with many exceptions of course. Think it is in part how the european community varies from more US/ Western cam culture. I suspect if you were to include private message/ chat action, the european models are spending their attentions there on serious regulars over the more unstable opportunities in free chat.
You should probably start watching some more European models that are not Eastern European.
"the european community varies from more US/ Western cam culture" - what is "Western cam culture"? :shock:

LilyMarie said:
Ambers Troll said:
You should probably start watching some more European models that are not Eastern European.
"the european community varies from more US/ Western cam culture" - what is "Western cam culture"? :shock:
That is what I meant, eastern europe vs west .... I am definitely asserting that there are big differences in rooms of these different 'cultures' and how as a member we are expected to behave. Neither is better or worse, just different.

Ambers Troll said:
LilyMarie said:
Ambers Troll said:
That is what I meant, eastern europe vs west .... I am definitely asserting that there are big differences in rooms of these different 'cultures' and how as a member we are expected to behave. Neither is better or worse, just different.

Seriously, the Iron curtain has fallen people. When are you going to stop judging people by where they have been born, East or West or South or North. Nowadays the culture is not made by ones national identity, it has progressed you know. I wonder how long will it take for these kind of mentalities to change or if they will ever change. It's kind of sad.

:handgestures-salute: Farewell ACF.

JordanBlack said:
Farewell ACF.
Aww man, don't leave. Not sure which stupid comment in this thread got to you. If it was SilentOnes, who gives a fuck what some ignorant American thinks. If it was Bobs dumb 75% comment, I can assure you that most members don't think or feel this way, no offence Bob. If you go, we will be losing one of the few good foreign model posters we have, so please reconsider.

funny how people are on about 'foreigners' as non-american, while to me, yóu guys are foreigners :p

aaaaanyway, how about we all agree you guys (members) give non-american girls a chance? ALL OF THEM! and we (non-american camgirls) agree to be more understanding about the (american) camsite memberscommunity that isn't thát open to non-american girls, but we can chance that! one for all, all for one!

(on a semi-related note, I know a lot, really a lot of members who consistently filter out american girls, so it goes both ways. obviously this group is much smaller then the americans who filter out european girls, but that's details)

Fay_Galore said:
(on a semi-related note, I know a lot, really a lot of members who consistently filter out american girls, so it goes both ways. obviously this group is much smaller then the americans who filter out european girls, but that's details)

That's interesting and somewhat surprising. Is it a function of language, (i.e. American slang, or southern accents is too hard to understand) or do they have a specific cultural complaint about American models? I know a fair number of non US members (although, they are all from Commonwealth countries, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia) and none of them do that.

PunkInDrublic said:
Fay_Galore said:
I know a lot, really a lot of members who consistently filter out american girls)
I do this somewhat often. Foreign women are just super attractive to me. Love accents.

Yes i do this also, i have found over the years that works best for me.

But language can sometimes can cause "funny" misunderstanding ,, but it is cool, Because we ( me and most Models) already know this will happen.

[
Seriously, the Iron curtain has fallen people. When are you going to stop judging people by where they have been born, East or West or South or North. Nowadays the culture is not made by ones national identity, it has progressed you know. I wonder how long will it take for these kind of mentalities to change or if they will ever change. It's kind of sad.

:handgestures-salute: Farewell ACF.[/quote]

I agree, The world is a much smaller place. But talking about where you are from is just part of everyday convo.

When i work in Europe, i get asked about where i am from,, i generally get a good vibe in bars and such. (i would hope my work colleges were ok with Americans) But like everywhere , people just judge,,, hell US is a big ass country we all are not A-holes...

i do not think Troll in this example, was trying to say negative things about European or US cam girl. I have noticed a strong preference to use PM with some of the countries. US cam girls will flip out if you pm to much in my experience..haha yes i kiss the boot ,,, but i am just typing what i experience.

also does bb mean baby,, like the term for affection in country music songs... if so ,,, i can not see why the bb jokes, Except for the,,,,,gets boring real fast,,, like ,, i am groot,, haha,, but really ????it pisses ppl off to be called baby,,

PunkInDrublic said:
JordanBlack said:
Farewell ACF.
Aww man, don't leave. Not sure which stupid comment in this thread got to you. If it was SilentOnes, who gives a fuck what some ignorant American thinks. If it was Bobs dumb 75% comment, I can assure you that most members don't think or feel this way, no offence Bob. If you go, we will be losing one of the few good foreign model posters we have, so please reconsider.

It was not one specific comment that got to me. It just seems that in most threads there has to be a negative reference about Eastern European models, here or in models only. I don't think any of these comments would be socially acceptable anywhere else, but here they are so predominant.

Hopefully no one on this forum goes around and says that all Muslims are terrorists or that all Germans are nazis and expecting the people of those countries not to be upset and hurt in real life.

This forum that Amber created is the best source of information for camgirls on the internet and models from that side of the world are quite likely to check it out, but few are going to stick around or even become active members if they see the amount of mean comments. I've been around since 2011 and I've been successfully ignoring all of it until now, but hearing members that I have admired sing the same tune as of those that I loathed for their ignorant views sort of put me off.

Also I'm not leaving, as Amber calmed me down :) And I'll go back at my blissful ignorance of anything related to other people opinions about Eastern Europeans.

Sorry for the thread delay.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Fay_Galore said:

That's interesting and somewhat surprising. Is it a function of language, (i.e. American slang, or southern accents is too hard to understand) or do they have a specific cultural complaint about American models? I know a fair number of non US members (although, they are all from Commonwealth countries, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia) and none of them do that.

I'm afraid it's the lather (lather? trying to use a fancy word here). What I hear is they don't care for american models because overall, compared to non-american models, they come off stuck-up or demanding. I've heard a member say that non-american models work harder for their tokens because of the lesser exposure they're getting. (going round in circles here ;) )
Just want to state I obviously do not agree with this statement, but it is a fact that non-american, even non-uk models have a lot less traffic.

and, I have heard yes, from multiple members direct who are filtering out european models because of the majority of eastern-europe models due to the high risk of studio-models, language barriers,etc.
again, NOT my opinion, just a fact. it happens.

different post, here's my personal experience:

This is what happened after I started using a UK VPN (not even an american one! just a UK one!)
I did nothing differently at all, just a VPN. Before I was categorised as european, now I show up with the UK girls. traffic has doubled
it is a sad thing.
I wonder what will happen if I go US ;)

oe93t2H.png

Grrrr wish I hadnt bothered reading this thread. Some of the sweeping generalisations about those of us who are non-American is a little tough to read...

Fay_Galore said:
funny how people are on about 'foreigners' as non-american, while to me, yóu guys are foreigners :p

And totally agree with this! I personally hate the word "foreigners" because I am so used to people using it to describe immigrants in a negative way and generally is used (not saying by everyone here) to describe those who look different and sound different to ourselves.

I know MFC is generally geared towards an american audience and that is where a lot of the models are also from but given that this forum and MFC both have plenty of models and members from other countries it might be more helpful to use the term "non-american" or "European" etc.... Its a similar oddity when members mistakenly tell me I must be American cos I don't have an accent (I'm Irish so not sure how that works :? ) but I have to explain everytime that funnily enough they do indeed have accents they just cant hear their own...

Fay_Galore said:
I'm afraid it's the lather (lather? trying to use a fancy word here). What I hear is they don't care for american models because overall, compared to non-american models, they come off stuck-up or demanding. I've heard a member say that non-american models work harder for their tokens because of the lesser exposure they're getting. (going round in circles here ;) )
Just want to state I obviously do not agree with this statement, but it is a fact that non-american, even non-uk models have a lot less traffic.

and, I have heard yes, from multiple members direct who are filtering out european models because of the majority of eastern-europe models due to the high risk of studio-models, language barriers,etc.

Thanks, later is the word you are looking for. Lather is the stuff on your face or legs after you put on shaving gel/cream.

That is entirely believable. I hear pretty much exactly the same thing IRL from Asian woman obsessed guys. "American woman are too high maintenance, too demanding,. I'm going to get a Filipino, Thai, or Japanese, (rarely Chinese or Korean) girlfriend/wife.". Looking at the differences in camscore between American models and everybody else, there is no doubt that non-American models work harder.

Reactions: Gen
Fay_Galore said:

Thanks, later is the word you are looking for. Lather is the stuff on your face or legs after you put on shaving gel/cream.

That is entirely believable. I hear pretty much exactly the same thing IRL from Asian woman obsessed guys. "American woman are too high maintenance, too demanding,. I'm going to get a Filipino, Thai, or Japanese, (rarely Chinese or Korean) girlfriend/wife.". Looking at the differences in camscore between American models and everybody else, there is no doubt that non-American models work harder.

Reactions: Fay_Galore
HiGirlsRHot said:
Fay_Galore said:

I think she meant 'latter'...

Fay_Galore said:

aaaaanyway, how about we all agree you guys (members) give non-american girls a chance? ALL OF THEM! and we (non-american camgirls) agree to be more understanding about the (american) camsite memberscommunity that isn't thát open to non-american girls, but we can chance that! one for all, all for one!

I agree, except I also don't see non-american cam models as being at any sort of disadvantage. maybe according to some comments but... i see no facts.

I'm late to this party but, am I a butthead or aren't the majority of models on MFC not American. If I click show only North America right now it says 167 models online, 859 hidden.

So... I assume... the majority of MFC models aren't american correct?
Why.. would anyone assume ...ever... all anyone wants is american models.. or if you're not american that non-americans are discriminated against on MFC.

Americans aren't the majority.. even the north america filter includes canada, and central america... so like... how is this is even an issue. I thought it was blatantly obvious you don't have to be american to be a magical cam model. (<---see what I did there, still on topic. :whistle: )

I still get people surprised that I'm American and of the impression that most cam models aren't, because they aren't. The majority when you use the filters, is the Europe/Russia one. Those areas show as having over 600 models online currently out of about 1000.

I'm seconding that calling all the non-american models "foreigners" is pretty dumb. Firstly because it's ignorant, but also because you're outnumbered and could get beat up. I also don't mock anyone from another country.

But also in a non ignorant way... Why would I ever be led to feel bad for anyone from Europe or Russia not getting enough attention on MFC. Since it seems statistically impossible! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
Why would people hate on europe/russia... since that's where most cam models seem to be from on MFC.
Europe/Russia makes up the overwhelming majority of cam models online at a given time.
Couldn't that mean they're doing something right over there...composing over half the online model population of a very &#^$(@ lucrative site.
maybe that's one of the magical factors.

BRB taking Russian lessons.

I think it's important sometimes on this forum to think outside the box as a member/model of cam communities for x amount of time and pretend you're joe schmo who just discovered cam models are a thing. I was recently at my boyfriend's house showing him MFC for the first time (take your SO to work day) and the majority of our tokens went to a Russian girl.. because she was really fucking cute and nice. And..uh.. not that many ACF girls were on at that hour. :shifty:
Lots of people still don't even know camming is a thing. Ipso facto most of the generalizations that go on about camming on here can sound absolutely batshit crazy pants sometimes. Lot's of people don't even touch those filters.

tbh If I were to make any assumptions or generalizations, I would assume many American site members would be more drawn to models of different parts of the world. Want what you can't have more, no? :think: And vice-versa. I know for me a large portion of members I've known that have been visiting me long term aren't American.

ETA: i started writing this post like an hour ago so my online numbers might be off... and then got sidetracked by pizza... mmm pizza.

Aren't the majority of top 100 models American? (I am.just guessing - I could be wrong - but it seems many of the top girls are from USA/Canada.)

If the vast majority of models are not American but the most popular ones are, you could either assume American models are just better (probably a bad assumption), or that there are disadvantages to being not American. I'd guess there are a multitude of reasons why but if the numbers are as we say, probably there are disadvantages.

LuckySmiles said:
I agree, except I also don't see non-american cam models as being at any sort of disadvantage. maybe according to some comments but... i see no facts.

I've seen two sets of facts. In the last several months somebody posted some statistic from mycamgirl.net. I don't remember the exact numbers but the one that stood out was the average (or perhaps median) camscore for American models which was like 1600-1800 vs median of 600 for the rest of the world.

The second thing is both Lily and Fay posted about the dramatic increase in room counts they've seen when they've used VPN to appear as American model. Lily's speaks pretty much flawless unaccented English (catching my typo latter not later) when I first saw her I thought she was from So Cal before reading her profile. She absolutely could pass as an American camgirl, unlike many of the model who lists US as their country of origin on their profile. (Hint if you are going to do this don't list your height and weight in metric measurements.)

So if she sees a spike in viewers when she isn't listed as a European, it is pretty clear there are a lot of guys who are screen out European models.

RE: Foreign models. I have NOTHING against foreign models at all, but I have to admit I do filter out models who are not from North America/UK/Australia, simply because I'm looking for models I can have a conversation with, and often there is a language barrier with Romanian, Russian, etc. models.

I'm confused, though, about what Lily was saying about being filtered because she DOES pop up on my front page, always. Perhaps it's because she lists her location as Turks and Caicos Islands (a UK territory)? I dunno. Is there an IP filter I'm not aware of?

It would seem the simplest way for MFC to fix this would be to have a filter based on spoken language rather than location.

HiGirlsRHot said:
So if she sees a spike in viewers when she isn't listed as a European, it is pretty clear there are a lot of guys who are screen out European models.

ok but that's like two examples though...out of how many people. that's all i mean about generalizations.
And mycamgirl... while I like it... has been known to be completely way off wrong from time to time with its facts and figures.

I see a spike in viewers when I log on in a different time then usual, or looking a little different or in a different location. I had over a hundred viewers one day because I was logged in in my yard. Which is generally a lot for me and my camscore in the 1500s
But I couldn't see the screen at all I'm not cute when I squint and I didn't make a penny with them :lol: big deal. :p

based on that you could argue that appearing to be from a different place than usual could help, not necessarily pretending to be american. Anything different seems to work sometimes.
And Fay said she listed herself as UK... that's not america.. i don't get how that counts.

idk. maybe mostly american girls appear to be in the top 100/250 currently but there's lots of girls that do well outside of the range and quite probably making the majority of.. the rest of the money? if that makes sense? I feel like it has to be the case. They wouldn't keep logging on would they?!
Also if you scan the current popular models and they seem mostly american but it also seems like a newer trend if you scan back to the earlier years it looks as though if that's the case it used to be more balanced in the past up in the top spots.

so maybe americans are a trend or overcame their minority cam model status against the odds. :lol: I don't know.
But it seems impossible. I would think non-american models must be make some kind of tokies if they are the overwhelming majority of models online... everytime I've ever looked at the site ever.

Firstly wanted to apologise to JordanBlack for any offense in posting the east/ west iron curtain style generalisation, it was only as a simplification.
Models are models no matter where they come from, they all want similar things of their members. How they go about it can vary quite alot. It is not a monoculture, and that is something as members we should take delight in.
Models from California vary from South Carolina/ Florida in the same way that models vary from Prague compared to Ostrava (Czech Republic). This happens due to culture, and that cam culture they learnt to be models from.
Comparing across national borders gets pretty complex especially in Europe. I would not say that it is mixed, it is diverse.
As members I see no problem being selective, we can afford to be. I would recommend that if you very selective try some travel every now and then.

JordanBlack said:
This forum that Amber created is the best source of information for camgirls on the internet and models from that side of the world are quite likely to check it out, but few are going to stick around or even become active members if they see the amount of mean comments. I've been around since 2011 and I've been successfully ignoring all of it until now, but hearing members that I have admired sing the same tune as of those that I loathed for their ignorant views sort of put me off.
I know that they do, and many have benefitted greatly from it. Those who cam in different ways actually get more benefit from ACF in fact.
Those that can be involved in forum chat, we should pay close attention to, it can work the other way too. On the down side I fear if everyone did we would create a monocultural cam community, how boring.
Models from certain regions are not poor in other model support, or less successful than those of this forum (this is often assumed here). I am sure that the ACF models only section could be greatly enhanced by these models, but only if they feel their views will be accepted. This should be of interest to all models here, and a little scary/ exciting for members of ACF models(depending on how their members approach risk).

Reactions: JordanBlack
LuckySmiles said:
so maybe americans are a trend or overcame their minority cam model status against the odds. :lol: I don't know.
But it seems impossible. I would think non-american models must be make some kind of tokies if they are the overwhelming majority of models online... everytime I've ever looked at the site ever.

See, I would reach the opposite conclusion. If the majority of models are non-American, then the Americans would stand out by virtue of being different, right?

Keep in mind, also, that you have to take into account the membership. It seems like the majority of MFC viewers are American, or at the very least, English-speakers. So if a lot of them (like me) don't want to visit non-English speakers, and then you add all the guys from non-English-speaking countries who WANT to see Americans, that makes a smaller pool for the, as you said, LARGE group on non-Americans to fight over. Essentially, the small group of American models are getting most of the viewers, and the thousands and thousands of non-Americans have to share the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.