AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What makes a successful model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2011
I was thinking about some of the models that came and went (no pun intended...)

I'm trying to pin point on what makes a model successful

1) Pretty face. It helps in the initial 'draw', but doesn't seem to be the deciding factor in the long run.

2) Nice body. Again, helps to draw people in, but I'm not sure about the long run.

3) entertaining. Helps keep the masses around, but doesn't always help with getting them to fork over tokens.

4) Thick skin to help deal with the trolls and get through the meager token times.

So the models that have been in the business for a while what do you think is the most important trait, or does it come down to an X-Factor?

Also, keep in mind when I say successful I don't have a token amount, suffice it to say successful enough to keep her camming for a while when its a source of income and not just something she does for fun.

Nothing really makes a successful model exactly, everyone has different types. There are certain patterns in model attitudes that seem to be popular, but at the same time there are other models who are equally as popular who have completely different attitudes.

A pretty face and a good body are definitely pluses and will help get a foothold in the industry, but they are not the be all and end all.

It's not dissimilar to real life, sometimes there are girls that loads of dudes want yet you can't really understand why as they're not necessarily that pretty and aren't always particularly nice or interesting people. Sometimes people just have some form of charisma that attracts the opposite sex. Working out what makes a successful model is like questioning our entire biology and why anyone does certain things.

I think what a lot of members do is they visit rooms that they particularly enjoy and see those sorts of models and the different levels of success in the models they like and then think it's all black and white, when they never bother visiting a whole load of other successful model's rooms.

For a member to even get a vague understanding of this they would have to literally visit every single model's room who's in the top 100 every time they're online, get to know each one on a personal level and see what she offers her tippers in terms of content, interaction etc. And then you'd be able to get some sort of idea of what goes on outside the room and the work each model is putting in. You'd also see how models who you usually wouldn't visit would work.

For me, say last month I did the top 100, a large part of my tokens came from a fairly small group of people, some of these were new tippers, some of them old tippers, but I made some tokens from the "masses", but not all that many. Which I think means that although I initially attracted tippers with my room, the reason they came back and continued tipping were also about my off site interaction and them personally feeling my company was worth it.

You might as well ask the question "why do members tip?" well fact is, there is no same answer. All members tip for different reasons.

With successful models you've also got to remember that sometimes they rise and fall, they may not have changed anything they're doing, but the whims of the members might have changed, and as their camscore drops, it's harder to get more viewers. Sometimes models who've been camming for a long period of time suddenly start becoming really successful, they're not doing anything differently really, but they've started getting the right exposure.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
From a members perspective. I have followed and been a regular in the rooms of a couple of models since they were new. I have seen their cam scores climb and nose dive then climb back up. The only real difference that I can see between when they are doing well and when they are not is the amount of time they put in. When they get aggravated and frustrated they keep logging off or not logging on at all. Their score dips and they get more aggravated and frustrated, cam less, score drops more, on and on. When they put in the time on cam consistently, their score climbs, more people pass through their room, more opportunity for groups and privates to happen. more regulars showing up, more return visitors. I'm not saying its just as easy at that but it is something I have noticed. :twocents-02cents:

All those things that you mentioned plus consistency, professionalism, flexible creativity and time spent on the site.
A girl that has spent years to build her fanbase and brand(time)
She logs on on a regular basis (consistency) (sorry being lazy won't make anyone successful)
She delivers what she promises(sends packages, vids pictures to ppl that pay) and doesn't just take tokens and run, or shows no interest for the room (girls texting on their phone the whole time they are on cam)
Every room is busy and slow (even the top models have slow days) they lose big tippers, but as long as they are creative and know how to adjust to the bad times, success should last.
For example model xyz is top 20. She is smiling, happy and very energetic when she gets tipped big tokens. The moment she looses the big tippers she gets cranky and starts cursing the room. Her energy is negative and so are her tokens.
A successful model would use her creative way to get new tippers or have a plan b if plan a fails on cam and maintain her success. (I call it flexible creativity because she can think on the spot)

Status
Not open for further replies.