AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What new laptop should I go with?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Alien

Cam Model
Oct 8, 2015
Seattle
www.instagram.com
Twitter Username
@dream__alien
Tumblr Username
dreamalien-mfc
MFC Username
Dream_Alien
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/426641/Dream_Alien/
Hi ladies!

So I shut my laptop on my lipstick like an IDIOT last night and screwed up the screen! It was running poorly anyways, but still is frusurating when needing to cam!

I always usually go with Toshiba Satellites, and I wont do Windows 8 computers (dont like how they were set up!)

Do any of you have reccomendations on a good laptop you would reccomend for camming?

Thanks!

Big part of it is going to be a general budget range. Almost every maker out there sells some great ones and some crappy ones. Usually the old adage is true, you get what you pay for. My general advice is always stay away from everything at walmart, cause those are always crappy ones. Always. Don't let anyone else tell you about that great computer they bought at walmart, they don't know computers. Walmart always sucks for computers!

Personally I like using Newegg to shop for computer parts and such. I may not end up buying there, but they have an excellent site for narrowing down what you want and then comparing different models at various prices.

This for example is their new laptops with Win 10 or Win 10 pro that also have built in webcams priced from highest to lowest. But if you scroll down on the left you can limit it by the price range you're willing to go, screen size, cpu speed, customer rating, and so many more features.

Once I get a general idea of the ones I want, and can afford, from there then I look those models up on other sites to price compare.

It's great for seeing what you can get for the money you're willing to spend.

I was going to suggest NewEgg as well, damn. Woot is another good resource for cheap computers, if you don't end up buying from them it's still a nice place to get some ideas as to what you'll be getting for the money you spend.

The type of computer you get really depends more on what you need rather than the brand or whatever. I need a lot of processing power from my computers because I do a lot of video editing/rendering, gaming, and photoshop-intensive things. I'll usually focus on getting a good quality processor and a lot of RAM (my current desktop has an Intel i7 and 16GB) over hard disk space or variety.

Reactions: Dream Alien
Any Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 computer can be upgraded to Windows 10 til June or July, you shouldn't limit yourself to that

Reactions: Dream Alien
Big part of it is going to be a general budget range. Almost every maker out there sells some great ones and some crappy ones. Usually the old adage is true, you get what you pay for. My general advice is always stay away from everything at walmart, cause those are always crappy ones. Always. Don't let anyone else tell you about that great computer they bought at walmart, they don't know computers. Walmart always sucks for computers!

Personally I like using Newegg to shop for computer parts and such. I may not end up buying there, but they have an excellent site for narrowing down what you want and then comparing different models at various prices.

This for example is their new laptops with Win 10 or Win 10 pro that also have built in webcams priced from highest to lowest. But if you scroll down on the left you can limit it by the price range you're willing to go, screen size, cpu speed, customer rating, and so many more features.

Once I get a general idea of the ones I want, and can afford, from there then I look those models up on other sites to price compare.

It's great for seeing what you can get for the money you're willing to spend.

Thank you so much! I completely forgot about that site! Yeah why does Walmart always attract so many people but their stuff is just shit?

Yeah I didnt limit myself! I just got a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 10 Im so happy with it! And it was in my price range! Now to re-download all my music and programs!

Definitely happy with it after camming last night too, it made by Logitech webcam seem more HD! Totally nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.