AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What off-screen aspect of camming takes the most time everyday?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's mostly answering dmson Twitter, Skypes and snapchat. It is constant goes on all day and all night, to the point I need to turn off my phone for some me time.

I was never very active on social media and I discouraged contact outside of MFC but I used to do a lot of work off cam anyway: picking a goal and designing a strategy for the month ahead, planning the games I was going to do and any props I would need for them, shooting the photos and videos for the prizes, and making new images for my profile explaining what the month was about, writing the newsletter, finding songs for that month's playlist, etc. All of that would take A LOT of time. My mind was on camming 24 hours a day.

This year I quit MFC and switched to another site and found incredible joy in doing it. I no longer do monthly goals, compete for rank, I don't need a monthly strategy, newsletters or props. My perspective changed completely. I no longer work off cam and I focus only on having fun when I am on. I do think a lot about what I am going to do TODAY, but I don't treat it as a job anymore and I am having great success because I am much happier and relaxed than I used to be.

Video editing, rendering and exporting.

Planning promotions and make graphics for them.

I feel like being in Cam is 40% off what I do. Networking, promotion, advertising, and trying to come up with new fun things to do online take up the most time. But there's a ton of other stuff too. :hurting:

Reactions: Booty_4U
I spend SO much time talking to regulars on Kik. I feel like it pays off, though - every member I've put time into getting to know off-cam through Kik has stayed around long-term and continued to tip me consistently. Personally, it feels worth the time to get members a little more invested in me as a person. But, when you're keeping in touch with multiple members every day, it does turn into a huge time sink. Luckily they've all been understanding when I can't respond. I do enjoy it though, I'm a total homebody so it helps fill my need for social interaction without me having to leave my apartment. :p

I spend SO much time talking to regulars on Kik. I feel like it pays off, though - every member I've put time into getting to know off-cam through Kik has stayed around long-term and continued to tip me consistently. Personally, it feels worth the time to get members a little more invested in me as a person. But, when you're keeping in touch with multiple members every day, it does turn into a huge time sink. Luckily they've all been understanding when I can't respond. I do enjoy it though, I'm a total homebody so it helps fill my need for social interaction without me having to leave my apartment. :p

Sorry. I am not a model and don't really have anything useful to say for this thread. Just wanted to chime in on FayePotato's post. Offline communication for me is a big thing and I think one of the reasons I will tip more and offline tip more. Especially if the model is taking some time off, it's a great way to keep me invested in the model. Sometimes I will think about how much offline communication I had with a model and then realize that the model does this for many other members. I can appreciate that the offline communication for models who use it to be very time consuming and distracting. There are certainly days where I feel inspired to offline tip to fairly compensate a model for her offline time.

For me, it's filming/editing videos, off-cam conversations with members, and updating club information/graphics/etc. Usually in that order, but sometimes I switch it up depending on what people seem to be into at the time. I don't really focus on (public) social networking or marketing a whole lot, personally.

Reactions: Tilly
Actually the most time? Uploading videos. But that is something the computer does for me, and I can do dishes or be productive in some way at the same time. What occupies my attention the most is just conversations with members. Snapchat, Twitter, MFC DMs, Fetlife, its everyyyywhereeeeeee.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Crocheting or practicing music. I crochet hats/blankets/etc for people and I have a list of over 100 songs people have paid me to learn. Then, you know, the regular stuff like filming, editing, getting ready...

I don't sleep much.

Definitely video filming and editing and coming up with cool ideas/being inspired :)

Sometimes filming takes so long...the reason I don't have more videos is because I film something about 10 times, because I'm so displeased with the result. I end up re-doing things a bunch. Deciding on one idea takes...oh, weeks. It's absurd, but there it is. And getting the idea...:worried:

As of right now, it's studying and brushing up on the industry and various sites. Also, social media for sure.

I'd say planning shows and videos, and editing content. I'm not super great at just winging it, so I have a binder with games, shows, show ideas, and clip plans (as well as budgeting and a calendar/token goal calculation page). I'm always adding new stuff to it and tweaking shows based on their success and the response from the members :p

• Helpful!
Reactions: NekoMieow
Working out (if it weren't for camming I'd be a happy chubby face now), social media, and offline interaction. Last two take 4 hours a day taken from 90 days average, I keep track of it.

For me, there are a lot of things that go into camming outside of the physical act of logging on and being there. Getting ready, keeping groomed, picking out outfits, creating graphics and working on my profile all takes a lot of time. Creating new content, whether that may be playlists, photosets, videos, etc. and then editing and uploading those buggers. Staying active on various social media platforms like Twitter, and keeping up with emails as well as MFC mail. Snapchat also takes up a lot of my time, because I'm an extremely active/avid snapper. I also spend a lot of my free time in my head just trying to think up content deals and other reasons for people to tip me or be more inclined to purchase something.

Working out was a big one. Id do yoga in the morning then train for races in the afternoon/evening...and then the off site communication (which i LOVED!). But when i would offer pic sets or the random custom video... THOSE TOOK FOREVER to make, edit and send lol I have no idea how these girls do them daily!

ACF doesn't feel like work to me. It's "the watercooler," for lack of a better analogy. Without ACF and Twitter I would be incredibly isolated. I suspect I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I love when our significant others are like, "Are you on that forum again?" And then we look at them and get all defensive, "It's not just a forum! They're my frannnnnnnds!"

These days is usually researching on this forum and another one. I read all threads then read them again then follow links too.i ask questions.
I also come here when I feel lonely or bored with a cold when I can't go online.Also stripperweb another forum takes my time and these two forums are becoming my huge support. Am obsessed with finding info. I found info here also about banking, taxes , renting, mortgage and law, travel and tech info. I found book recommendations and I purchased them and am reading. And all this is about how to be independent and free free so I love that part.

Grooming and maintenance for me! I love makeup, so I never rush it + working out + nails + shaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.