AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What Pet Names Peeve You?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person that calls people by their actual names?

Nope. As I mentioned previously, I call someone by their name or how they are introduced to me. It's difficult for me to switch to a nickname. Though, I do have a couple of good friends who introduced themselves to me with their nickname, so that's what I call them.

Nope. I've had friends who exclusively go by nicknames, I still call them their actual name.

"Sweetie" is the one pet name that really gets under my skin. I think there's maybe like... one instance in which I have heard it used in a genuine manner, and that was by a total sweetheart of a waitress down down south. But I used to date a silly person who only used "Sweetie" when they wanted to be super condescending and patronizing. So now, I can't hear that word without feeling super annoyed right off the bat.

Reactions: Mira_xo
Unless you are my partner or my parents, you don't give me a pet name or a nickname. Makes me want to grind my teeth together until they break. I absolutely hate that; I don't know why, either, because I call people "love" a lot. Way to be a hypocrite, me.

Unless you are my partner or my parents, you don't give me a pet name or a nickname.

Yeah, that.

The WORST for me is the diminutive of my public name. There are three people on earth who are allowed to use it, and they're all too smart to try it.

The other worst is any pet name that any ex I'm no longer on good terms with called me. I will puke on you.

I really hate anything that amounts to implying I am less. So no infantalizing names. Condescension in general is a big no. I also hate being addressed in a way that implies my value is in my appearance. "Hey gorgeous" will not endear you to me.

If Lintilla is too hard to figure out how to say (it does not rhyme with tortilla) or too spacey, you can call me Taylor. Taylor is one of my "real" names. Guess which one! Or don't. But go ahead and use it. Go ahead and use any name I've introduced myself as. If you get to know me well or in person or it turns out we're related, that's when you can push your luck (and find out if I'll still kick you in the shin). Anyone I've just met can go ahead and use my name.

"Sweetie" is the one pet name that really gets under my skin. I think there's maybe like... one instance in which I have heard it used in a genuine manner, and that was by a total sweetheart of a waitress down down south. But I used to date a silly person who only used "Sweetie" when they wanted to be super condescending and patronizing. So now, I can't hear that word without feeling super annoyed right off the bat.

It's adorably cute when it comes randomly out of southern women to something you say that they like...

Never been a fan of ‘Babe’. When boyfriends have called it me in the past I’ve had to cut them off straight away. Nope Nope Nope :hungover: I dunno, it just makes me cringe when I hear it.

I like the models who in their bio say "don't call me this, that or this. Doing so will get you silenced or banned".
One model in particular hates all the variations of "bb" and "mom".

People on CB seem to be obsessed with those 2 specific ones, from what I have seen and I am not sure why.
Why "bb" I just don't get that one at all. I slightly understand the "mom" one; it's their weird fantasy.

Some of these names that guys use are suited for children not grown women. So the ones who say "hell no, don't call me that; I am a WOMAN" is great and I applaud :D

Why "bb" I just don't get that one at all

They're too lazy to type baby or babe, both of which are super easy to type one-handed.

Not so much annoying as mildly funny, but when I go into a models room, say hi and she responds with "hello handsome"
Flattering and all, but I have zero pictures or anything on my profile for you to judge my handsomeness.

My troll brain instantly thought of this

now-i-know-why-they-call-me-handsome-forever-alone.jpg

I'm gonna parrot everyone in this thread, but yes, I don't like pet names.

Almost every single pet name for girls is incredibly condescending coming from anybody but a close family member or SO.

The ones that irk me the most are sweetie/sweetheart/hun/hunny.

I am just curious at which (if any) pet names that guys call you, either in public chats, PMs, Privates, or whatever, really grind your gears and annoy you? It doesn't have to be for any particular reason why you hate it but I am sure we all have reasons though.

Pet names sometimes work in real relationships. I think to start calling any person you do not know intimately by a pet name is more often than not going to be a fail, and what is worse she won't tell you it is a fail.

My favorite model is a very smart and intensely private girl. If anyone in public chat ever asked her "are you a slut baby?" her public persona would say something like "maybe maybe" because she knows that saying "no" too often loses the customer. But her inner mind would be thinking "you are a complete bastard and I don't like you."

Consider a demeaning word like 'slut'. You cannot generalize when it will be exciting and when it will be insulting. To use that on my favorite model and for it to be exciting to her, I am pretty sure you would have to be three months into a very deep relationship with her. Anyone else she is going to hate for using that word.

Now consider a woman who is a masochist and is into humiliation. That's a polar opposite dynamic. Her whole personality might be built around getting cheap moments of excitement from the use of words like slut. But even for such an extreme individual, she gets to choose when that word is appropriate and when it has power over her. It is not her first name, and as a viewer on a webcam site you are on very thin ice.

You need to learn a lot about people before you start labeling them with words that have powerful impacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.