AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What Pet Names Peeve You?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Hi all.

I am just curious at which (if any) pet names that guys call you, either in public chats, PMs, Privates, or whatever, really grind your gears and annoy you? It doesn't have to be for any particular reason why you hate it but I am sure we all have reasons though.

For me, as a guy and someone that is not a model, the only name I would ever get called is "bb" which does annoy me.
I do dislike or get annoyed for some names that I see guys calling women. Not sure why exactly for all but for one or two I do.

"Darling" - This one I don't know why, but it annoys me when it's used for models.

"Duck" - This is more of only a English one to be said so isn't all that common but I have seen it plenty. I dislike this I think because my horrible and annoying neighbours growing up, used it all the time - also because of them, there are a few girl names I hate (Chantelle, being one - sorry lol).

"bb" - This one is obvious and it just doesn't sound nice/good, either.

Pet names I like are Bippy and Cicero. They are my cats.

Thats where pet names belong.

Most pet names are the cringiest of the cringy cringes

Babygirl. Kitten.

Yuck. Its insinuative of a daddy daughter relationship and it grosses me the fuck out guys sexualize this kind of relationship into something predatory.

Instant block, thanks but I have 2 dads that love me very much already, I don't need you.

All of them. Especially when dudes use them at the end of everything they say like it's freaking punctuation. I'm constantly pissing dudes off because apparently it's rude/mean/cranky/whatever else they accuse of to avoid saying that it hurts their feefees to tell them "I'm not your honey/baby/sweetheart/darling/whatever else" every time they say it.

Like, if your name is Robert, it's not rude to say "I go by Bob", but telling people to call me my name instead of a term of endearment gets their panties in a twist?

Hon/hun and Kiddo.

Will always sound condescending coming from anyone other than my Mom. She's the only one that I'll ever be ok with calling me those names.

Interesting to read the comments and to see most of you say that you don't like them, and I agree with you. I've never been fond of pet names or nicknames since most times it's too impersonal or negative in some ways. I always try to use the person's name, and expect same in return. Not like can't tell what a person (screen)name is at least. ;)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I don't mind nicknames....when i went through my really really slutty period many of the guys I dated had nicknames...because I didn't want to get too close...my husband was one of those...his nickname was princess

I try to call members by their screen names <sometimes I will shorten it if its something I can't pronounce> or even their real name if I know it and they don't mind being called by it.

I much prefer to be called by my full first name but I use a short version <that I actually never like to be called irl> when im promoting myself or in my cam room ect

I can't stand when people call me boo - it drives me up a wall for some reason. And baby, but only when they pronounce it "bay-bee" with the super defined syllables... I'm fine with babe or the derivatives.

Funny enough bb doesn't bother me because it just seems like an annoying auto-sig on my guys' posts.

I don't mind any of them when they come from regulars. Pet names should be reserved for those you know.

When strange guys come into my room or speak to me in real life outside of camming and call me pet names it skeeves me out. In real life I've learned a lot of guys do it to cause a feeling of familiarity with them or something. No guy ever messaged me on a dating site and called me baby or princess without immediately getting pushy.

But when regulars do it I don't mind at all because we already have an established level of familiarity so it feels natural.

Funny enough bb doesn't bother me because it just seems like an annoying auto-sig on my guys' posts.

If you don't go numb to bb, you go crazy. I don't even register it anymore.

If you don't go numb to bb, you go crazy. I don't even register it anymore.
I once vented to my sister about all the bb guys. Now its all she calls me. Im even Aunt BB to the nieces and nephews. Its was a pet name that kinda turned into a nickname Ive actually grew very fond of, plus it works with my legal name as well.

As far as pet names, I dont really mind them. Im even guilty of using them myself from time to time.

I honestly don’t mind any of them, except “mommy”. All others aren’t offensive to me, but my mod hates them. So he’ll kick users out immediately, even if I’ve told him it’s fine. I get it, bby or bb insinuates one handed typing, but I’ll take it as a compliment as it must mean I’m good at my job, especially if those guys are tipping. Only takes one hand to go that too. Lol

except “mommy”.
Oh yeah I don't dig that one either.

Some are saying it because I have huge boobies and they have some fetish with sucking boobs for milk (which I don't have, and it irks me to no end taht grown men don't understand the concept of lactation...) or because they think I am a "MILF" and I also don't have kids so I am officially not a M..ILF. RAWR!

Oh yeah I don't dig that one either.

Some are saying it because I have huge boobies and they have some fetish with sucking boobs for milk (which I don't have, and it irks me to no end taht grown men don't understand the concept of lactation...) or because they think I am a "MILF" and I also don't have kids so I am officially not a M..ILF. RAWR!
Lol. I am a MILF and use the hashtag, so it does invite the comments sometimes. But my regulars know that in no way am I offering some fantasy role play for them. I’ve had to turn down tons of pvts because of it. I can’t seem to manage the role play stuff, since I suck at acting. But that one is definitely a No No.

I honestly don’t mind any of them, except “mommy”. All others aren’t offensive to me, but my mod hates them. So he’ll kick users out immediately, even if I’ve told him it’s fine. I get it, bby or bb insinuates one handed typing, but I’ll take it as a compliment as it must mean I’m good at my job, especially if those guys are tipping. Only takes one hand to go that too. Lol

I like your mod without even know him/her.
He/She gets my approval :D

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
i used to be so annoyed by "bb." now everything in my life is bb. my plants. my cats. my mom.

i don't mind any pet names that come from paying clients. random guests tho? no. my name is kleo. mizz_kleo if ur nasty.

On the other side of that, I really like being called “babe”. Any guy that I’ve dated IRL I’ve melted for when they call me that. Lol. I don’t know why, but I adore it.

i love baby irl! *insides melt at the thought* babe annoys me though! i have no idea why. if a guy ever called me babe, i gave him a stank face :haha:

I prefer my name in all cases, but bb is the only one that irks me. It's just way too common and unoriginal. It's so damn bland, like unsalted potatoes.

IRL I like being called baby or babe and use sweetheart, hun, honey, babe, and baby a lot since I'm from the south.

EDIT: My subs call me Miss Thorne or Mistress and I usually ask everyone else to call me Silver.

I like your mod without even know him/her.
He/She gets my approval :D

I don't like it. To me, it's a mod with an attitude issue, enforcing rules as they see fit and going against what she says is okay. A mod does what the model asks, and if she says it's okay, the mod should abide by it even if they disagree. If they can't, boot the mod to the curb.

On the other side of that, I really like being called “babe”. Any guy that I’ve dated IRL I’ve melted for when they call me that. Lol. I don’t know why, but I adore it.
It takes me a while to overcome wanting to call someone something other than their name or how they introduce themselves to me. Even if it's a bit of a nickname, it's difficult. Just how I was raised.

i love baby irl! *insides melt at the thought* babe annoys me though! i have no idea why. if a guy ever called me babe, i gave him a stank face :haha:

My grandma calls me "babe" and she is the only one who is allowed to. Anyone else, NO, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED.

now everything in my life is bb. my plants. my cats. my mom.

I feel like this is an inevitable thing that happens in this job. My cats are my bbs.

I don't know. Slut kinda does it for me.

You'd be surprised how many guys think that's a pet name.

Actual petnames: Babygirl (Yuck), Baby, Hottie, Hun, Cutie. Pretty much anything other than Luna. Call me Luna.

slut, whore, bitch, yeah all the negative ones. Only ME can call ME a slutty whore! And unless I am in a pvt, I will never play with degreadation towards myself or the other person.

sweety, hunny, squishy(one fan kept calling me this wtf does it even mean) lol. I am ok with sexy or cutie tho..

Daddy

I mean WTAF? Models using it to refer to a member, members using it about themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.