AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what services would be valuable for cam models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyRider

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 4, 2017
Hi there! I've been cam modelling for awhile now. I'm really loving it and have had lots of experiences - from privacy issues to tech fails. Each time I pretty much came here to ask for advice because I found it really hard to find another place - Yay for ACF!

OK so I'm now looking into setting up services to help newer models. From what I've looked at most agencies that provide stuff charge models a commission of earnings. I think this is outdated and with the technology that exists nowadays it would be possible to provide many services for free (plus most cam sites offer affiliate programs which would provide some revenue) or low cost by providing the services digitally.

Here are some things I could looking at offering (based of my experiences of stuff I would have wanted)
1. Cam sign up - select the sites you want to be on and enter your info - we take care of the process for you (no charge)
2. Show designs
3. Bio design
4. DMCA takedown notice issuing
5. Data analytics to help you decide when to cam and on what site

The idea would be that if you used 1. the we could provide 2 and 3 to you for free and 4 and 5 at a lower cost. This would be because we were making some revenue from the cam sites affiliate program. Alternatively if you just wanted to purchase our services you could do that.

Thoughts? Are the services we are looking at providing valuable?

I'm going to be honest and say that there's a reason companies charge for this. All of the things you mentioned take time. More time than you think it will. Profile pages can take a while, especially on markup heavy sites like MFC--hell, I'm a programmer but I'm putting off doing everything that I want to because I hate touching CSS and HTML, and I know what I want to do will be, at least, four hours of work. That's just for the bare-bones of what I want. Add to that the cam site sign up, typically those are very detailed, from the TOS to the split to whether the site is private based or social based, that's gonna add time itself. Plus, I think the actual model should be the one doing the signing up, personally, since they need to know that stuff inside and out.

The services are valuable, but free or lower cost is underestimating the amount of time all of this will take. How much is your time worth? How much do you make on cam? How many hours will this take away from your camming? How long does it take to generate the analytics? Are you charging per month or a one off? How many clients will you need until you start cutting a profit from it versus how much it eats into your shifts? How many clients will you have until you need to hire another person?

Do you have a link to your design work?

Since your service number one aims at girls that want to start work on cam, how will these girls even find your service in the whole world wide web? The other services aim at more established girls. New girls are probably not even aware of dmca issues as an example.

I have the feeling most newbies sign up just so and see where it goes before doing any greater research or no research at all. In order to find you and your service, they would have to really easily find you.

So in order for this to take off, in my opinion you would need some kind of cooperation with the camsites, who might link to your service during the sign up process. Not sure if this is realistic, but if you can achieve this, then this thing will surely fly.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen and Cherry Bomb
You've been camming less than a year, you still are a new model yourself bb. I don't feel this should stop you from making cam related companies but i think more time would help you see the value or lack of in some of your offerings.

This sounds so well intentioned but there is honestly little value I would see in most of your offerings. There is totally always a need for some things though!

I would absolutely never trust any third party to sign up for a cam site for me with all the sensitive info required. To me it would scream scam. Not only that if it's not a studio signing up i believe gals have to sign forms and scan them in/digitally sign still? Anyone who is too lazy to do their own sign up shouldn't be camming and i feel like this service is ... Useless? Sketch?

I am not sure what you mean by show designs? Like cam show? Planning cam shows for someone? Information like that is available free, and shows typically aren't one size fits all so as a planner you would have to find out a lot about the model and i don't think it would be worth your time, not sure how you would even successfully do a thing. The info is out there for free so idk any benefits of this and i feel like your time spent wouldn't be worth it for you either.

This has already been brought up. Not to mention this is a market that is filled so you'd have to be competitive in some way.

There are a few really good companies that do this. It's expensive because it's a time consuming process. You would have to have something these other companies don't or be boss at marketing.

I am not even sure how you would go about this. This is something most of us can do on our own and since cam hours and niches are so variable I don't know how desired such a service would be.

I am just commenting on the fact that someone giving you, a third party site, their personal information to sign them up with a site would look sketchy, and I wouldn't do it. Identification with legal names and addresses would have to be shared with you which isn't smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.