AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what systems do you have?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got a PS4 on launch day and vita, now I'm waiting for Megaman X4 to be released as the PSN PS1 classics.

PC and 360, I'll be getting the newest consoles down the road once I can afford them. I would be PC all the way with a controller for certain games, but damned exclusives make me buy consoles I don't even want!

DuoShi said:
My Genesis power adapter cable gave out. Made me sad. I have emulators instead.
I found the box I put most of my Genesis stuff in when I was getting my room ready to be painted, the only part that was missing was the actual console. I have all the games, cords, and controllers, the console's either in the garage or a storage unit so it's probably been melted beyond usability long ago.

What I used to have
Blue Gameboy Pocket (dismantled for funsies
SNES (gave to a friend on her birthday)
Sega Genesis 3 (traded to GS)
Green Gameboy Color (gave to a friend whose parents wouldn't let her have video games but our crew was on a classic Pokemon binge and she was left out)
PS1 (gave to a friend for her bf's birthday cause he wanted to play Castlevania)
Black GBA SP (donated by my grandfather)
Dreamcast (sadly donated by my grandfather)
PS2 slim (lens broke like literally all the broken PS2s on Ebay)

What I have:
PS2 (bought after the slim died since its my 2nd fave behind DC)

What I wanted:
Xbox (for Shenmue 2)
Gamecube (for Skies of Arcadia 2 and Baten Kaitos)
N64 (for Star Fox and Pokemon Snap)
Sega Saturn (for some Sonic games)
Gamegear (for more Sonic games like Knuckles Chaotix)

What I still want:
Dreamcast (fav system but it's gone, plus the Hello Kitty special editions for show and maybe the black sports edition for collectors sake)
3DS (for Pokemon black and ORAS)
PSVita (for Japanese VN games)
Wonderswan colour (for the only good Digimon games)
PS3 (backwards compatible only, which is hard to find)

I'm mostly about the WSC and DC. Other ones I don't think there's enough games I want for them.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
SenaLuna said:
I'd actually just stick with your PS2 unless you're mainly getting it as a collector's item, since the sound emulation for both PS1 and PS2 games was pretty terrible on mine (the 60GB launch model), and it died after only a couple of years, which apparently isn't that uncommon of an occurrence.

But, yeah, the Dreamcast is awesome; I want one as well.

I donated all my old systems away. All I have left is an Xbox and Xbox360 (modded and unmodded, so the modded one has tons of emulators).

SenorBanana1 said:

SenaLuna said:
Dreamcast (sadly donated by my grandfather)'
(...)
Dreamcast (fav system but it's gone, plus the Hello Kitty special editions for show and maybe the black sports edition for collectors sake)

My friend had a dreamcast and I think it was the best system ever. For years we played the hell out of that thing through highschool and our first couple years of university. Many a high and drunken night was had in front of that thing. It was some of the best nights (and worst) nights of my life. :crybaby:

SenorBanana1 said:
SenaLuna said:
I'd actually just stick with your PS2 unless you're mainly getting it as a collector's item, since the sound emulation for both PS1 and PS2 games was pretty terrible on mine (the 60GB launch model), and it died after only a couple of years, which apparently isn't that uncommon of an occurrence.

I picked up mine about a year after launch, didn't notice anything particularly bad with the sound on any of the PS1/2 games I played on it, but it did die after a couple of years.
For what it's worth.

SenorBanana1 said:
SenaLuna said:

It's primarily for space conservation. Having had 4 different systems all plugged into the TV in my basement when I was a kid (dc, snes, ps1, ps2s until I started giving them away), the area behind the tv looked like it had been attacked by a giant squid. BWCP ps3 means there's one less system to contribute to the cord armageddon. One of my HS friends still has her bwcp model and I think it still works? At least it did in 2011 when I was living with her and she got it around launch time. Though I know the lens on the PS2 slims had a limited lifetime so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a faulty part in the PS3s as well...

All these console companies trying to one up each other in graphics and features but has anyone tried to reduce cord chaos with a Chromecast-like wireless HD transmission to the tv yet? Or is that not possible?

Dreamcast was way before its time. It's really unfortunate that it died so soon and a lot of this generations "gamers" hardly even acknowledge the system or Sega.

DC was also one of the best systems for fighting games and it also had some great platformers. Both genres are only popular in "cult" format now, sadly. :(

The Sonic franchise died after DC too, a lot of the newer games are just... gross. :pukeright:

SenaLuna said:
It's primarily for space conservation. Having had 4 different systems all plugged into the TV in my basement when I was a kid (dc, snes, ps1, ps2s until I started giving them away), the area behind the tv looked like it had been attacked by a giant squid. BWCP ps3 means there's one less system to contribute to the cord armageddon. One of my HS friends still has her bwcp model and I think it still works? At least it did in 2011 when I was living with her and she got it around launch time. Though I know the lens on the PS2 slims had a limited lifetime so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a faulty part in the PS3s as well...
It's actually just an inherent design flaw with the cooling mechanism in older PS3s, which essentially makes any one you get a time bomb. The cooling got completely redesigned later on, so the Slims and later don't have this problem.

Essentially, I think it'd just be a better idea to just stick with the two systems (all models of PS2s and PS3s work with PS1 titles, the former actually being better than a PS1) rather than a system guaranteed to fail at some point not far in the future, but I totally understand the appeal of just the one thing, yeah.

Reactions: hapa74
SenaLuna said:

I have a 60 GB PS3. I loved using it for PS2 games. (I didn't notice any sound issues. *shrug*)

But like most fat PS3s it eventually cooked itself to death, although mine lasted longer than many. (They have woefully inadequate cooling systems, with dumb design that does not move the air in the right place to actually do much of anything useful. The solder that holds the CPU & GPU to the motherboard actually gets hot enough to melt.) I did repair mine after it first got the yellow light of death. (The repair involves a lengthy disassembly process followed by a careful heating of the motherboard with a heat gun followed by lengthy prayer while you put all the pieces back together again. The idea is to remelt the solder and hope that it settles back into the right place. On my second try I got lucky and it worked.) My repaired PS3 worked for a while (around 2 months) before cooking itself again. :(

I still have it, and I keep saying that I'll get around to fixing it, but I went out and bought a slim PS3 a week after the 60 GB one died the second time. And now I have my old PS2 hooked up to the TV again. (I haven't actually turned on the PS2, although at some point I should get around to playing Persona 4.)

I started off with a NES, my fingers developed 'Track and Field-itus' quite quickly, how many of you cheated and put a sock over your hand to try and tap A and B faster, you know who you are.

After that I had a Amiga 1200, man that was good, Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder and Superfrog were probably the games I played most on that.

Moved on to a PS1, which I still have, occasionally break it out for my Final Fantasy 7 fix.
Later moved onto a Gamecube, stop laughing, I still have it and at the time was perfect, playing Mario Cart Double Dash with three friends was a huge amount of fun, along with the mighty Resident Evil 4. I decided to buy a Xbox, the giant first gen one, just cause, it was on Ebay for about £60 with a tonne of games.

After that, I moved on to PC, not that interested in a PS4 or Xbone, although I really want to try 'Destiny' for a bit. :-D

SNES - only have CT, FF6, Super Mario carts for it.
PS3, Slim PS2, PSOne (broken) Wii (modded + eternal HD for roms) Annnnd then there's the pack-rat boyfriend with these if that gives you an idea. (sadly no need for most of this stuff due to modding the wii/xbox)

Ignore the mess... was looking for a camera charger.. and now am doing some de-tangling. *cough*

This did just give me an idea for a nerdy bondage photoshoot. :think:

Attachments

• 20150127_190427.jpg
    20150127_190427.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 32
used to have a gaming computer but that crashed and i lost everything and it hasent worked right since

but from oldest to newest i have

Odyssey2 (was my dads but he left it so i took it)
NES
SNES
N64 (had to replace the one my sister sold)
Playstation and PS2
xbox, xbox360, and a xbox one.
Wii (but i left it at my moms so my nephew has something to play with... i never use it)

and i still have all of my games for them.

for handheld i just have the original bulky gameboy, gameboy color, and gameboy advance. and for some reason non of my games for them save anymore.

Reactions: battle_kitten
In total I think we have in my house:
2 3DS
1 DS
1 Gameboy advance
2 PS3
1 Wii
1 SNES

I think its about that time to trade in the 2 PS3 & Wii, just because I know if I wait any longer they will have very little trade in value then they already do. But one thing stops me & thats my skyrim save files.

Wow, I thought I had posted in this thread already, I guess not!
N64, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU, 3DS, PS3, and PS4

I think my original NES is laying around someplace too. I've found the cartridges so far ("Mike Tyson's Punch Out" anyone?).

just my pc, nicknamed "the 90's" due to the horrible sound my hard drive makes combined with my sound amplifying case. my house in the states was burgled, they left the tv and ps3 (which was new at the time, though better hidden in my entertainment center, more cables too) but stole my N64 plus entire game collection ;_; i wish they had taken the more expensive stuff.

Almost forget handhelds count too! I have an N3DS as well ^_^

• Hugs
PS4, PS3, PS Vita, X-Box 360. Also have a laptop and desktop but I wouldn't trust either to run anything made in the last 5 years or so properly. And I have a Kindle and a smart phone, which I guess can play games too.

I had a Nintendo 3DS and sold it but now regret it so might pick up one on the cheap at some point. I also sold my Wii but wouldn't mind a Wii U.

I have a SNES, Genesis, N64, PSP, Wii, 3DS XL... && das it. I used to have a Sega Game Gear, but I sold it back int he day like an IDIOTTTT. fml.

Ugh, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, DS, 3DS (still have my original gameboy), PS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita, XBox (orig), and Atari 2600!

I cranked out the NES the other week and tried Megaman 2.... and fuuuuuuck that game is so hard.

I have an N64, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 3Ds (needs to be fixed though currently), Xbox360 and I also play stuff on PC/Steam/GOG

I'd like to get an SNES again and a NES too though I'm thinking of holding off since I'm broke/ want to get a proper crt TV so that I don't have to deal with the lag of my HD TV on the older games. I mean it effects newer stuff too but it's really bad. Also those games just look so much better on a monitor that they're designed for ya know :)

Sega Genesis
Dreamcast
PS1
DS Lite
and Steam on here if that counts for anything. Usually I can just cover up the fact I'm too broke for a new system by saying I'm "old school":p
But me and my fiancee plan on adding a PS4 to the collection in the next couple months, and I've been dying for the new 3DS.

Mostly xbox 360, I'll buy an xbox one when the price drops in a year or so...... what? why are you laughing? Oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Status
Not open for further replies.