AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What the Actual Fuck is Going On?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 27, 2023
I am reaching out in desperation trying to understand what has been going on recently.

I've worked very hard to get to a place on chaturbate where I was making a very decent living, suddenly with all of these new changes it has fallen off a cliff, I am struggling to have any traction. Hardly a soul chatting or tipping for hours and hours. I was averaging $300-$800 a night in tips, but more than that I was having a good time chatting with new people and regulars.

If this was a matter of viewers losing interest or myself losing popularity, I could at least understand. But all seems to coincide with the site changes, which is why I am reaching out for some kind of clarity.

Since these changes have rolled out, it is often 2 hours without a single chat. I'm struggling to hit my first tip goal of 80 tokens, the last few nights I stayed on at least 4 hours without hitting my second goal. I updated my profile, added my flag, whatever the site recommended to match the changes.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this? Has anybody else experienced a sudden, step decline?

I could cry, I loved this job but I'm getting to the point I want to say fuck it and quit.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Solution
So I can't delete this thread, but I'll give an update.

It's definitely the internet. Something about having less than ideal speed will now limit (at least my) room.

This was not just a slow week or bad engagement, we went from the best we'd ever done to complete standstill. After switching to hard wired internet, immediate back to normal.

Bitrate didn't change, nothing else seemed off. But turning off all wifi connected devices and using that hard connection changed everything!

So hopefully if you're having a really hard time picking up traction, this is something that could help.
Well you currently have 350 viewers and are receiving tokens with my quick glance, hopefully things are turning around! All the best :)

Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesnt.
We figured it out! Also Chaturbate should also be made aware of this, if they're not already.

We switched to wired connection for internet, then the room exploded back to normal.

Chaturbate, if you are reading this... something you recently changed affected visibility under different connection speeds. Bitrate on wifi is fine, everything looks normal from the outside. But for whatever reason some recent change made us lose visibility and it immediately came back with the better internet.

We've had it on wired connection for about 30 minutes and looking good. Hoping this sticks because obviously from my post we were starting to give up hope.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Highlander884
Upvote 0
If you've noticed shitty viewer count and a steep drop in the last 10 days or so, try switching to wired internet or turning off every internet connected wifi device that you're not using for streaming. We showed as normal bitrate and frame rate, nothing looked out of the ordinary. It definitely seems to be correlated.

Upvote 0
You are not alone! I never had earnings like you ,neither 300 people but from some time is just disaster. I sent few mails to suport if they didnt shadow ban me, bcause there was days when i had 1 anonyomous over 1 hour! Also many weird things happening. Monday evening: i started stream, color people started coming after first 5 mins,then 1 men started tipping, then he left and right after all guys left and stayed 2 anonymos. Im observing this from some time with some good days when is better but generally it is like you say,. My friend she had the same. She had 2-3-4 hundresd of people in her room and last times were days when she had 50 and she earned so few comparing to last years. Im in Poland and i noticed that when i start around 10 am , til 13 is a bit better, once i even hit 7 page (frist time from loooooooooooooooong time) and finally some new followers appeared but after 1pm is just like somebody turn off traffic button. Then i try around 20 and I sit in empty room. I dont know if its connected with amount of broadcasters online, no idea but i ended up registering on streamate 5 days ago and my first hour was 263 $, we cant get naked in free chat so those guys knows that is pay for play. Now i sit on 2 pages , somtimes 3 but mfc died for me totally- and im happy. If its lazy on cb, then always something on SM. Dont know in which hour you stream, but if you didnt try hours like eu morning time, u should, is way better

Upvote 0
You are not alone! I never had earnings like you ,neither 300 people but from some time is just disaster. I sent few mails to suport if they didnt shadow ban me, bcause there was days when i had 1 anonyomous over 1 hour! Also many weird things happening. Monday evening: i started stream, color people started coming after first 5 mins,then 1 men started tipping, then he left and right after all guys left and stayed 2 anonymos. Im observing this from some time with some good days when is better but generally it is like you say,. My friend she had the same. She had 2-3-4 hundresd of people in her room and last times were days when she had 50 and she earned so few comparing to last years. Im in Poland and i noticed that when i start around 10 am , til 13 is a bit better, once i even hit 7 page (frist time from loooooooooooooooong time) and finally some new followers appeared but after 1pm is just like somebody turn off traffic button. Then i try around 20 and I sit in empty room. I dont know if its connected with amount of broadcasters online, no idea but i ended up registering on streamate 5 days ago and my first hour was 263 $, we cant get naked in free chat so those guys knows that is pay for play. Now i sit on 2 pages , somtimes 3 but mfc died for me totally- and im happy. If its lazy on cb, then always something on SM. Dont know in which hour you stream, but if you didnt try hours like eu morning time, u should, is way better
I sincerely hope it's just the internet, because I love CB. I kinda feel like an idiot now if it was really as simple as my wifi and I wasted over a week for nothing. 😭

It is really weird because bitrate has been fine so we didn't even think to check.

Upvote 0
I sincerely hope it's just the internet, because I love CB. I kinda feel like an idiot now if it was really as simple as my wifi and I wasted over a week for nothing. 😭

It is really weird because bitrate has been fine so we didn't even think to check.
And about traffic. We need remember that is the time when people paying taxes and i see this on my regulars. I talk on DMs with some of my regulars and when i open dm history i see their current color. I was sure that they just left me and found another rooms to tip, but then i see that they are light blue from dark violet. I have regular who really likes me, he was starting from tipping me 2000 tokens after saying hi, sometimes up to 6000 and niw he barely tip 1000 but he stays for long time and tryin g encouraing others to tipping me, and he sent this tokens in small amounts to make it like something is happening on chat. I really see some guys do what they can but they cant do much,maybe bec of taxes, one will come and tip a little,, other will tip 1 ,and other will just gone until they can spend . Also i heard is a spring break in US, so its the time they travel with family etc. My friend she lives in most touristic city zakopane and she says hotels are just full. So people are having maybe small holidays vbefore easter. But well for me sucks from february so its also not explanation,. More i think its because of paying taxes

Upvote 0
And about traffic. We need remember that is the time when people paying taxes and i see this on my regulars. I talk on DMs with some of my regulars and when i open dm history i see their current color. I was sure that they just left me and found another rooms to tip, but then i see that they are light blue from dark violet. I have regular who really likes me, he was starting from tipping me 2000 tokens after saying hi, sometimes up to 6000 and niw he barely tip 1000 but he stays for long time and tryin g encouraing others to tipping me, and he sent this tokens in small amounts to make it like something is happening on chat. I really see some guys do what they can but they cant do much,maybe bec of taxes, one will come and tip a little,, other will tip 1 ,and other will just gone until they can spend . Also i heard is a spring break in US, so its the time they travel with family etc. My friend she lives in most touristic city zakopane and she says hotels are just full. So people are having maybe small holidays vbefore easter. But well for me sucks from february so its also not explanation,. More i think its because of paying taxes
Oh definitely, that's an excellent point. We debated if it was just tax season, or often it picks up around pay day or all the other normal ebbs and flows. But this was so extreme, it was like I had some of my best nights of all time, we were making more and more and more then all of the sudden almost nothing, suuuper slow rooms. I got super desperate and made this post, then like 20 minutes later thought of switching internet. 😅 I'm hoping tomorrow it's good again so we can verify that it was definitely the internet.

Upvote 0
For me first shift pretty good but i noticed 1 thing from some time. When somebdy start tip consistently then other people start coming. Me today few hours totlly nothing, then guy entered my room and started tipping slowly, then more and more and then bammm instantly 30 people from 5 before. Once i was telling about my suspicious to my regular,w were sitting 1 h only us and some anons and he said why so quiiet. I said: bc nobody tip and i said what i think and he said: lets see, and started tipping few times 77 and bammmmm insyantly 30-40 people;D and he said: shit ,this works haaha So is luck or no luck. I can sit for hours with nothig but when i hit 1 tipper, then it goes easy

Upvote 0
For me first shift pretty good but i noticed 1 thing from some time. When somebdy start tip consistently then other people start coming. Me today few hours totlly nothing, then guy entered my room and started tipping slowly, then more and more and then bammm instantly 30 people from 5 before. Once i was telling about my suspicious to my regular,w were sitting 1 h only us and some anons and he said why so quiiet. I said: bc nobody tip and i said what i think and he said: lets see, and started tipping few times 77 and bammmmm insyantly 30-40 people;D and he said: shit ,this works haaha So is luck or no luck. I can sit for hours with nothig but when i hit 1 tipper, then it goes easy
When those guys started tipping, did you start shows? Topless, ass, standing? If so then you are your own best promotion.

Guys can see all their follows on one screen so they know when one of them has something going on. And guys who stumble into a room by clicking 'Next' will stay longer if they see some action. The trick is to attract and keep the ones who tip, who have income or funds to keep buying tokens so they are not afraid to spend them.

There's lots of speculation about how CB ranks models on the index pages. Ranking by eyeball-seconds the way yt does would be easy and generally good for CB in general, to hold people on the site with shows they like. Practically speaking though most rooms have only a handful of viewers and eyeball-seconds wouldn't be sufficiently varied to do much. They would need to add other variables, like measures linked to token purchases. Or maybe they roll dice :)

Upvote 0
When those guys started tipping, did you start shows? Topless, ass, standing? If so then you are your own best promotion.

Guys can see all their follows on one screen so they know when one of them has something going on. And guys who stumble into a room by clicking 'Next' will stay longer if they see some action. The trick is to attract and keep the ones who tip, who have income or funds to keep buying tokens so they are not afraid to spend them.

There's lots of speculation about how CB ranks models on the index pages. Ranking by eyeball-seconds the way yt does would be easy and generally good for CB in general, to hold people on the site with shows they like. Practically speaking though most rooms have only a handful of viewers and eyeball-seconds wouldn't be sufficiently varied to do much. They would need to add other variables, like measures linked to token purchases. Or maybe they roll dice :)
Sometimes yes sometimes no, BUT! when i start doing show without tips on cb, bvecause somebody is tipping on MFC, on cb still nothing:D I can do show for 30 minutes, cumming, doing no matter what and if nobody tip on cb, but only on other page, cb still nothing;D Nobody new comes:) Thats why i was thinking i have shadow but, but when 1 person start tip consistently, i can only talk and i see more andmore people joining room

Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
Sometimes yes sometimes no, BUT! when i start doing show without tips on cb, bvecause somebody is tipping on MFC, on cb still nothing:D I can do show for 30 minutes, cumming, doing no matter what and if nobody tip on cb, but only on other page, cb still nothing;D
It's a really funny thing!! (maybe funny is not the right word, I'm not sure) but I have seen this so many times too!! it's as if one tip kick starts the tipping sometimes, but if it's on another side, it doesn't always work, people need to see it in the chat!!

(I actually use this sometimes in the room I moderate for, I will start trickle tip 15tkns at a time when I see a couple of purple and dark purple members in the room, and it actually sometimes make them tip and sometimes even bigger tips)

Upvote 0
It's a really funny thing!! (maybe funny is not the right word, I'm not sure) but I have seen this so many times too!! it's as if one tip kick starts the tipping sometimes, but if it's on another side, it doesn't always work, people need to see it in the chat!!

(I actually use this sometimes in the room I moderate for, I will start trickle tip 15tkns at a time when I see a couple of purple and dark purple members in the room, and it actually sometimes make them tip and sometimes even bigger tips)
I will tell you even more funny thing :D I noticed tips must be consistently even smaller like 15, 15 , 15 ,1, 1 but for few mins abd then people start come. I had something like men tipped 2000, 3000 and i started show and stgill not new viewers:D But find 1 -2 guys who will tip lower but longer, then i see people started coming and coming :D

Upvote 0
I will tell you even more funny thing :D I noticed tips must be consistently even smaller like 15, 15 , 15 ,1, 1 but for few mins abd then people start come. I had something like men tipped 2000, 3000 and i started show and stgill not new viewers:D But find 1 -2 guys who will tip lower but longer, then i see people started coming and coming :D
EXACTLY! it's the exact same observation I have made!!! and it kick starts others to tip

I have never understood WHY, just that it works.. (so if someone with more psychology than me knows the deeper understanding of this, please share it) my guess has always just been that people see someone tipping in and they want to see a show faster.. OR it's the underlying thing of some people imitates others a lot! (It can maybe also be some like to show they are "bigger" than other guys, and want to out tip?) (as you can see I have a couple of theories, maybe all of them are true for different people)

Upvote 0
Active tipping moved your room up on the pages. It's part of the algorithm for room rank, along with logged in users and fan club members in the room. Chaturbate does not shadow ban. :)

My room can be dead as a doornail but if one fan club member comes in and hangs my viewership instantly doubles. Two or more fan club members and it goes up even more. Add active tipping and suddenly I'm on page 2 for female models and page 9 for the whole site.

It is a known phenom that no one wants to be the first to throw a token down but someone has to do it. Once it starts others feel comfortable throwing in their tokens. Kind of a (and I hate this phrase but it fits) monkey-see monkey-do thing.

Upvote 0
Same exact thing that happens on SM.
That's why people who say "oh I'm just trying to settle in and feel the vibe of the room right now" annoy me so much. If everyone did that, nothing would ever happen, because everyone is watching and waiting on a "vibe" to start 🤦‍♀️

Be brave
Be the Vibe people lol

Upvote 0
Same exact thing that happens on SM.
That's why people who say "oh I'm just trying to settle in and feel the vibe of the room right now" annoy me so much. If everyone did that, nothing would ever happen, because everyone is watching and waiting on a "vibe" to start 🤦‍♀️

Be brave
Be the Vibe people lol
"Or let me just stay and vibe with you" :D Well then we will sit and vibing in empty room :DDDDDDDDD

Upvote 0
Had one guy tell me yesterday, "always same with you."

As in I'm sitting there (probably reading something here) and not doing anything. I told him if he wanted a different scene from me to...wait for it...TIP ME to do that thing he wanted. Then I permanently banned his stupid ass for never tipping me in 11 years.

I don't know what SC is like but a ton of models on CB constantly perform goals without getting the money first, which makes guys like him feel entitled to talk to me that way. Not having it, my dude. I will eat cat food for dinner before I kowtow to any man on that site.

Upvote 0
I don't know what SC is like but a ton of models on CB constantly perform goals without getting the money first,
I haven't had time to watch any other rooms, but I suspect this is the case.

Based on the number of entitled and rude men who I've had to ban since I started, it would make sense that that is probably what happens. I see so many biopics with full spread and penetration. I try never to ever do that, on token sites (I know it's allowed), but I keep explicit for any kind of show that is behind a paywall only.

I'm not an experienced enough token site model to know if that's wise. I'm doing it more for personal comfort and ethics/ values type reasons, not because I know I'd make more money that way. But if I did, that would be nice too.

The amount of social loafing and mooching that goes on is unreal. So I definitely have to put more work and energy into clearing my room there. There are good members once I kind of sift through that, and put that out there. That in and of itself is super draining to have to do, before any real entertainment even begins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It's definitely the internet. Something about having less than ideal speed will now limit (at least my) room.

This was not just a slow week or bad engagement, we went from the best we'd ever done to complete standstill. After switching to hard wired internet, immediate back to normal.

Bitrate didn't change, nothing else seemed off. But turning off all wifi connected devices and using that hard connection changed everything!

So hopefully if you're having a really hard time picking up traction, this is something that could help.

Upvote 0
Solution
I don't know what SC is like but a ton of models on CB constantly perform goals without getting the money first, which makes guys like him feel entitled to talk to me that way. Not having it, my dude. I will eat cat food for dinner before I kowtow to any man on that site.

It seems like this on most sites, unfortunately.

And I think so many guys realise/learn that there are a lot of models In desperate situations where every 1 token counts, and then they try to take advantage of that however they can, one of which is to wait for the model to get desperate enough to start getting naked and doing other stuff to try "encourage" guys to start tipping. This can sometimes work, of course, but from what I see, it just makes it continue to be the same - no one tipping or wanting to, or they may decide now to tip 1 token.

Upvote 0

And I think so many guys realise/learn that there are a lot of models In desperate situations where every 1 token counts, and then they try to take advantage of that however they can, one of which is to wait for the model to get desperate enough to start getting naked and doing other stuff to try "encourage" guys to start tipping. This can sometimes work, of course, but from what I see, it just makes it continue to be the same - no one tipping or wanting to, or they may decide now to tip 1 token.
I think that's fairly accurate from what I've seen. I've had guys ask me why they rarely see me naked and I have no problem telling them they would see it more if they tipped for it. Then the "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today," stuff starts so I kick them out. C'est la vies!

Upvote 0

And I think so many guys realise/learn that there are a lot of models In desperate situations where every 1 token counts,
Yeah I don't get how someone can get off knowing that the other person is being exploited and basically heavy handed by them. There's a real disconnect in this society, with this.
I get it, that a lot of people think we are not real people, because it's the internet.
But, fuck, that's so unhealthy, dehumanizing, and concerning.

I would never in a million years want to pressure someone to do something sexually that they were not 100% on board with, which is why I believe haggling has no place in this industry.
And why I have such deep distaste and revultion for these types of people who do that.

Upvote 0
I would never in a million years want to pressure someone to do something sexually that they were not 100% on board with, which is why I believe haggling has no place in this industry.
And why I have such deep distaste and revultion for these types of people who do that.
I used to really clash with this guy who clearly had the funds but he'd start by asking for something from the tip menu on the basis that he'd return and pay for it tomorrow. Next up was haggling about the price. Then he'd address all the other members in the room to ask us all to chip in with him for his preferred tip item. Then finally, when he'd exhausted all the bullshit he would tip for it.

Upvote 0
I used to really clash with this guy who clearly had the funds but he'd start by asking for something from the tip menu on the basis that he'd return and pay for it tomorrow. Next up was haggling about the price. Then he'd address all the other members in the room to ask us all to chip in with him for his preferred tip item. Then finally, when he'd exhausted all the bullshit he would tip for it.
Yeah I wouldn't tolerate that. First time he tried that shit he'd be blocked within about 30 seconds. For life.

Upvote 0
Yeah I wouldn't tolerate that. First time he tried that shit he'd be blocked within about 30 seconds. For life.
He tipped big. When others in the room reacted to his bullshit antics he would then tell the model that he was no longer tipping and it was the other member's fault because they disrespected him. He was a really toxic fucker.

Upvote 0
He tipped big.

so what, he's destroying the room. Like Vixen said; I'd rather eat cat litter...
Put him in his fucking place so he hopefully learns, and is a better person for the next woman and/or model.
That's the way I see it.

Most of the guys who are great, probably are that way because another woman or model got through to them before me.
So I try to do my part, and give back, by not accepting poor behavior either.

Upvote 0
And I think so many guys realise/learn that there are a lot of models In desperate situations where every 1 token counts,
It kind of comes back to this point though. These kind of guys often understand how much of a difference their tips make to certain models and act up accordingly knowing that she will be reluctant to ban him, or at least not for a while.

Upvote 0
It kind of comes back to this point though. These kind of guys often understand how much of a difference their tips make to certain models and act up accordingly knowing that she will be reluctant to ban him, or at least not for a while.
Yes, I get that. When I was a survival sex worker I still did the same thing though - turned them away.

So I get the mentality. I just think it's the wrong one. It's beyond obvious why some models put up with that.
I just think it's incorrect mentality and feeds into unhappiness, fast track to depression, and more of the same.
I believe most men like a challenge, and my experience has taught me, that that is correct.
But I just stopped by briefly, now I'm trying to inch my way out of the convo, so I can get back to work myself. Don't take it the wrong way. Time management.

Reactions: Wuggie and Vixxen81
Upvote 0

My shifts yesterday and today very very good too! On MFC also moved im surprised because MFC was totally dead for me:) Im happy and im hope it will stay like this :h:

Upvote 0