AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What to do when no one talks to you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy_

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 19, 2017
Hey girls.

So I'm still trying really hard at this, and invested money into it already on lights and gear. So yesterday I cammed by my pool. It was risky cause my neighbors. So how I had it set up was like this...

PM 50 | ASS FLASH 50 | SPANK 60 | TWERK 70 | TITS 75 | NIP SUCK 125 | TOY SUCK 200 | *** 2000 *** TOKEN COUNT DOWN to run NAKED to the pool and RISK getting caught !!!! 250 change outfit.

Okay so I only made it to 1850 for the countdown and I was online for 4 hours!! Things I did while I was online was blow up my pool floatie, talk about random stuff. My problem seems to be that no one tips me or talks to me. I had maybe 54 people max in my room yesterday at it's height but there was a big model doing a cum show who had 3,000 people in her room. I did get 4 privates but thats it.

My question to you is, what the hell do you do when you're first starting out when no one talks. I have a hard time coming up wth stuff to say. It would help if I was at least topless but then no ne would tip... but no one is tipping anyway. I dance around a little ask people how they are... with no response... it gets frustrating. The more people just watch and don't talk and dont tip the more frustrated I get.

Any advice on what to do when people aren't interacting?
Thanks lovelies.
:h:

• Hugs
Reactions: BonnieWildfire
From what you shared; your topic and rates, and your gorgeous pics. I wonder if was the time of day, or maybe audio not the best possibly? There are so many variables. It seems you have the right idea, hang in there keep plugging you will strike gold.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
From what you shared; your topic and rates, and your gorgeous pics. I wonder if was the time of day, or maybe audio not the best possibly? There are so many variables. It seems you have the right idea, hang in there keep plugging you will strike gold.

Thank you so much! I'm trying but nothing bums me out more than people who don't even say hello... howdy, aloha even! lol Just looking for some ideas of things to do when no one wants to speak up. I hate ghosts!

I'm having the same issue. I know my computer is a little slow, I'll hopefully be getting a new one soon, which may be part of my problem as far as the comments showing up delayed in the chat box and me just answering them a tad slow. But when absolutely nobody is talking I either lip sync or change positions on my bed or just talk to myself in general. Though I am interested in other peoples advice as well. I think so far the hardest part of camming is dealing with the boredom and entertaining people at the same time.

*be careful on getting caught. legally you'd be in a world of hurt. sex offenders list for public lewdness or $100? also may get evicted. /grandma audri

----
unfortunately, there isn't a magical way to get people to tip. if that was the case, i think we all would retire.

time of day, duration on cam, quality of stream, personality, a niche, more pics to show your body off so they know it isn't photoshopped, interactive show types, quality of your show. Just to name a few

I've learned to talk to myself. Just go over funny stories or things that happened to me that day or topics/shows/music I like. I think until a member is more comfortable with you and your room they might not want to talk about their day or how they're doing. BUT talking about things other people could be interested in can almost always strike up a conversation. Remember they're there to watch you and learn about you, sometimes they don't really want to answer direct questions about themselves.

Sometimes it just won't happen either, and that's okay. Everyone has dealt with a quiet day, it's normal from time to time.

Usually a model will talk to her room as a group, not individual members until that individual member invites a reply. As you get more regulars, and they get to know you better this can change a bit. This means that you will have to entice out any chat, usually by talking about yourself a lot. If you get the participation, you will increase the chances of tipping.

From a member perspective, for those who spend, we get called out to spend on a model very often. Almost every model assumes that we have and endless pit of tokens to spend. Almost every model assumes that we will add tokens for them the moment that we say hello. In many model rooms, you can't give a compliment without being pushed to spend. This is why the silence.
Ironically by being silent and just watching we show a similar disrespect to being called out by treating models we like as a TV channel in the same way that they can treat us as an ATM.

The best starts seem to begin with compliments/ comments about your last time on, and what you want to do with this shifts show. The pool show should have given you so much to talk about and chances to include your room.
Off the top of my head you could have included something like ... "I came up with this plan, but didn't even test the water, what if it's too cold, I might scream... should I test it or risk screaming? What do you guys think?" ... "I think I should test it... toe test? wet my hair and flick it? splash test?" ... "My skin is so hot now after pvt, want to get me wet now before I cool down? I'll get naked at 500 if you can get me there in 10 minutes"

If you find yourself lost for chat, just talk about anything, whatever comes to mind. Make sure that conversation leads back to your show every now and then to let your members know that you care about it.

Usually a model will talk to her room as a group, not individual members until that individual member invites a reply. As you get more regulars, and they get to know you better this can change a bit. This means that you will have to entice out any chat, usually by talking about yourself a lot. If you get the participation, you will increase the chances of tipping.

From a member perspective, for those who spend, we get called out to spend on a model very often. Almost every model assumes that we have and endless pit of tokens to spend. Almost every model assumes that we will add tokens for them the moment that we say hello. In many model rooms, you can't give a compliment without being pushed to spend. This is why the silence.
Ironically by being silent and just watching we show a similar disrespect to being called out by treating models we like as a TV channel in the same way that they can treat us as an ATM.

The best starts seem to begin with compliments/ comments about your last time on, and what you want to do with this shifts show. The pool show should have given you so much to talk about and chances to include your room.
Off the top of my head you could have included something like ... "I came up with this plan, but didn't even test the water, what if it's too cold, I might scream... should I test it or risk screaming? What do you guys think?" ... "I think I should test it... toe test? wet my hair and flick it? splash test?" ... "My skin is so hot now after pvt, want to get me wet now before I cool down? I'll get naked at 500 if you can get me there in 10 minutes"

If you find yourself lost for chat, just talk about anything, whatever comes to mind. Make sure that conversation leads back to your show every now and then to let your members know that you care about it.

This is fantastic! I did a lot of that but didn't get wet or into the pool. I was sitting in the patio area where you can see my neighbors windows so they can tell that there is risk. Closer to the pool its a bit more secluded and only one house that has two levels on the other side of the street behind me and few houses down can see. BUT for sure my neighbors can hear me. I did some out door privates but I'm sure someone could have heard me. LOL I should move the privates inside for sure next time or be quiet.. though I am soooo not quiet! I love dirty talk! lol

Thank you for your reply this is very helpful! I'll go on tomorrow morning and test this out the next time do offer a pool show. Though I enjoy being in the sun and around my pool everyday in the summer, I don't want that show to get old, I should offer it as a treat. ;)

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Hey girls.
Thanks lovelies.

- Talk about what tattoos I am going to get. This gets me to move around, stretch and show my body.
- Stand up and do some hula hooping
- Do some 'toy arrangements' so a few of them are artistically displayed in shot. Like actions figures! Room browsers can see them and I think more likely to stop for a while.
- Take a 10 min break
- Stay off my phone/computer!
- Talk about the music that is playing and the shows I have seen
- Masturbate...yeah, shows get me very horny
- Draw something on my whiteboards.
- Chat to my Husband, he is always in the room during a show

I sing. I compulsively sing when I'm happy, and I sing when I'm bored, so it happens a lot on cam. I'm a consistently good singer and my regulars like it, but I do worry that it drives people away sometimes cause it gets repetitive. I'd only recommend singing if you have some training (formal or informal) under your belt, though, as it can wear your voice down.

I run a silly room, so I also do things like make faces at the camera til someone talks, speak in different voices (I'm particularly proud of my Harley Quinn and creepy 6-year-old voices), stick suction cup dildos on my chest, and ramble about interesting sex facts. I have a few stock conversation starters like "who's your favorite superhero?"

And if all else fails. . .

Thanks lovelies.
Ok Hannah, to be clear, I'm not a model so take my answers from a members perspective.

I briefly watched you recently, for three brief times(less then a few minutes each time) with you near the swimming pool with the inflatable raft. I joined first just before you went to a private, then you came back after 10 minutes or so(not sure exact timing as I went to another room) and then you went to another private that was very short (you said something about maybe the person ran out of tokens), then after a while (could sense your frustration of the lack of room interaction) you went offline.

Each time you go into a private, the room members have no idea how long you are going to be, from 1 minute to 30 minutes or more and so most wonder away. Such as start watching another models room(as multiple rooms can be viewed at once on MFC), go to the toilet, get something to eat or drink, open another tab on the browser and visit other pages on the internet etc. So don't expect much response at first when returning from a private, it most likely will take many minutes for members to return to watching you even if they appear online in your room. If you have a good technique for increasing room numbers, such as some sexy camera panning around your body, applying it after returning from a private would be good timing, both to get new viewers and give existing viewers time to realise you are back. More thoughts below.

To answer, "any advice on what to do when people aren't interacting?" In addition to much of the good advice above, I suggest asking "the room" an open ended sexy or naughty question, such as many of those found in the "have you ever/never have I ever" cards, both to answer about themself and to guess about you.

Can comment on that. Gorgeous? Absolutely! Peak time US. Great audio, and good confident clear voice. Great location by the swiming pool with excellent natural light.

Feedback for Hannah. One thing I noticed in my brief and perhaps not representative minutes of watching you was you went very fast, not giving time for the sexual tension to grow, as @Kickaz would say, (paraphrasing)"the biggest turnon comes from that organ between the ears - the imagination".

If someone tips for 'tits', don't just open your bra and show your tits in 2 seconds straight. Work on spending time to create sexual tension, something like carefully teasing around the bra, maybe running your hand over, pushing your cleavage up, walking over your breasts with your fingers, opening your bra but covering your nipples, showing your side boob etc.

Then talking about your sexual background, don't quickly rattle off lots of facts in quick succession "I've had a threesome". Take your time, pose questions, "Have you guys had a threesome?", "did you enjoy it or would you enjoy one?", "Do you think I've had a threesome?" "would it be all girl, one of each or two boys?" etc, open opportunities for the imagination.

I sing. I compulsively sing when I'm happy, and I sing when I'm bored, so it happens a lot on cam. I'm a consistently good singer and my regulars like it, but I do worry that it drives people away sometimes cause it gets repetitive. I'd only recommend singing if you have some training (formal or informal) under your belt, though, as it can wear your voice down.

I run a silly room, so I also do things like make faces at the camera til someone talks, speak in different voices (I'm particularly proud of my Harley Quinn and creepy 6-year-old voices), stick suction cup dildos on my chest, and ramble about interesting sex facts. I have a few stock conversation starters like "who's your favorite superhero?"

And if all else fails. . .

HAHAHA Awesome! I sing and am silly too, but still it was silent today. Tough, I'm not much of a singer, but thats totally okay by me! lol if they want me to stop I have options! MWAHAHAHAHA! :h:

Ok Hannah, to be clear, I'm not a model so take my answers from a members perspective.

I briefly watched you recently, for three brief times(less then a few minutes each time) with you near the swimming pool with the inflatable raft. I joined first just before you went to a private, then you came back after 10 minutes or so(not sure exact timing as I went to another room) and then you went to another private that was very short (you said something about maybe the person ran out of tokens), then after a while (could sense your frustration of the lack of room interaction) you went offline.

Each time you go into a private, the room members have no idea how long you are going to be, from 1 minute to 30 minutes or more and so most wonder away. Such as start watching another models room(as multiple rooms can be viewed at once on MFC), go to the toilet, get something to eat or drink, open another tab on the browser and visit other pages on the internet etc. So don't expect much response at first when returning from a private, it most likely will take many minutes for members to return to watching you even if they appear online in your room. If you have a good technique for increasing room numbers, such as some sexy camera panning around your body, applying it after returning from a private would be good timing, both to get new viewers and give existing viewers time to realise you are back. More thoughts below.

To answer, "any advice on what to do when people aren't interacting?" In addition to much of the good advice above, I suggest asking "the room" an open ended sexy or naughty question, such as many of those found in the "have you ever/never have I ever" cards, both to answer about themself and to guess about you.

Can comment on that. Gorgeous? Absolutely! Peak time US. Great audio, and good confident clear voice. Great location by the swiming pool with excellent natural light.

Feedback for Hannah. One thing I noticed in my brief and perhaps not representative minutes of watching you was you went very fast, not giving time for the sexual tension to grow, as @Kickaz would say, (paraphrasing)"the biggest turnon comes from that organ between the ears - the imagination".

If someone tips for 'tits', don't just open your bra and show your tits in 2 seconds straight. Work on spending time to create sexual tension, something like carefully teasing around the bra, maybe running your hand over, pushing your cleavage up, walking over your breasts with your fingers, opening your bra but covering your nipples, showing your side boob etc.

Then talking about your sexual background, don't quickly rattle off lots of facts in quick succession "I've had a threesome". Take your time, pose questions, "Have you guys had a threesome?", "did you enjoy it or would you enjoy one?", "Do you think I've had a threesome?" "would it be all girl, one of each or two boys?" etc, open opportunities for the imagination.

I'm happy you gave me these notes! I agree with yo, theres so much going on when online I am for sure figuring it out still but will slow it down and tease more. It's weird, I take my time in the stripclub when I dance and get to know my clients and tease them but for some reason online I feel rushed. I think it's fear of them thinking they won't get what they tip for. I need to get over that. Thank you so much!

Welp, when no one talks to me I move on to different room.
Oh, that wasn't directed at me?
Very well, carry on.

I did not read the other comments, but I will dance, smile, pretend theres people talking to me (SM has invisible users) and pretend I'm being complimented and turned on. Sometimes I'm a little playful and call them out by name and ask them why they're giving me the silent treatment. That's just my personality with it, it gets people typing sometimes hah

Reactions: Judy_
Peak time US.
Correction. The peak time during a weekday are evenings EST right through to late PST. When I watched Hannah it was right at the end of her session, that was about 6pm EST. So the early part of the session, assuming it was several hours wasn't peak. During peak hours typically there is a improved tipper to viewer ratio.

Last edited:
Correction. The peak time during a weekday are evenings EST right through to late PST. When I watched Hannah it was right at the end of her session, that was about 6pm EST. So the early part of the session, assuming it was several hours wasn't peak. During peak hours typically there is a improved tipper to viewer ratio.

Ahhh Ive been trying around 10am - 3:30pm then pop back on later at night around 9pm PST till 2 or 3am.

I was on today it was really slow so I just kept popping off. Though I would have loved to stay and played...

Thank you so much! I'm trying but nothing bums me out more than people who don't even say hello... howdy, aloha even! lol Just looking for some ideas of things to do when no one wants to speak up. I hate ghosts!
hi, I start camming on the first and I have your same concern and you are gorgeous! I can't believe you're having any trouble at all. Can I ask what times you're on and if anything has changed this week?

https://profiles.myfreecams.com/LoonaScandi

Watching her the other day, was blown away by how she handled it (though to be fair, she is established, not new and trying to get herself known).

Paraphrasing: "Ok guys, I have so many watching, but only 3 of you are chatting and tipping. So if nothing is happening, it looks like I am going to have to go".
She did it while beaming, smiling the whole time. It came across as a gentle scolding from a kindergarten teacher. One of the most pleasant things I have ever seen.

https://profiles.myfreecams.com/LoonaScandi

Watching her the other day, was blown away by how she handled it (though to be fair, she is established, not new and trying to get herself known).

Paraphrasing: "Ok guys, I have so many watching, but only 3 of you are chatting and tipping. So if nothing is happening, it looks like I am going to have to go".
She did it while beaming, smiling the whole time. It came across as a gentle scolding from a kindergarten teacher. One of the most pleasant things I have ever seen.

Aw well hopefully it catches on. lol ;) thanks for watching babe :h:

hi, I start camming on the first and I have your same concern and you are gorgeous! I can't believe you're having any trouble at all. Can I ask what times you're on and if anything has changed this week?

Usually Monday - Thursday 10am - 4pm-ish. :) Maybe I should try nights again and day.

Wow all this great comments :)
I agree with taking the time to create sexual tension.

Regarding the boring times and what to do when the room is quite and not being interactive... I would say.. relax. I know it is hard. You have a billion things running in your head. Wondering why is it so hard for people just saying hello, or maybe the other things you could be doing off cam and use that precious time. But force yourself to feel good and calmed.
Just deep breath, close your eyes and smile. It looks sexy and it will make you feel better.

Before i used to be really stressed when coming online and facing a quite room. And i started talking and talking. But forcing things is almost always way to obvious and it doesnt look good. If it makes you a bit more comfortable to start being quite, do so. Maybe type in a notepad and that could make other people thing u are chatting in pm. And some min later when you feel more comfortable you can start singing a bit.. then maybe talkinga bout your day as if you were talking with a friend. Then maybe stand up and dance slowly a couple minutes..
This works for me, specially on those slow days.
What im trying to say is make sure you have a good time and feel comfortable, either being sexy or talking. It is evident when someone is forcing a "fun" time, it makes the person look desperate, and that's never good. Fake it till you get it ;)

Hope this helps :)

I'm having this problem too, but I've only cammed a hand full of times. People say TALK, be sociable, which I try to be, it's actually one of the things I'm looking forward to (having regulars who will always have something to say) because I really do enjoy the social aspect of it. It has been hard though to know upwards of 50 people are watching you and none of them have anything to say except the occasional "you so sexy" before being silent again.

I have no problem talking about anything and everything nor do I really have trouble thinking of topics, and I enjoy making others feel included by asking open ended questions, but sometimes I almost wonder if it actually annoys people to see me just sitting there talking, because when I stop doing the sexy dancing or whatever, and sit to take a breather and talk that's when people start leaving *sigh* but teasing endlessly with no tips is also discouraging

It always boosts my confidence when people tell me I have a cute/adorable personality or that I'm interesting, because I remember I'm doing something right, some people just like to watch :p

I had this same exact problem last night, and logged off after 30 silent minutes but then went back on (with encouragement from a more experienced model friend) and 1) a really well established model came into my room to say hi from twitter which was amazing. and she tipped! and 2) an old regular came in and tipped (and not a whole lot, mind you) and chatted and I gave him all the charm and flirting I could muster. It didn't change the room dynamic by that much but at least the silent newer members in the room got to see how my tipping regulars are treated.

I made $20 in 4 hours last night which is brutal but I'm just trying to think about building a customer base right now, I know it's gonna be slow for awhile but I do think if I stay consistent it'll build up. Good luck to everyone!

So much good advice on here already!

I've been there and it sucks, what I've learnt is to keep myself occupied - if I have raffle tickets to write or if I was going to do some offline work for my profile etc I will do bits and bobs and talk about it while I do it because then I get excited and they can see I'm not sitting getting frustrated etc and it means I'm still using the time productively. Just make sure to communicate to the room and keep trying to involve them and say hey to anyone stopping in etc.

It's also a good time to play games, you are wanting people to get involved and it's like being the first one on the dancefloor - nobody normally likes to be that person so you've got to make the atmosphere a bit less intimidating maybe play some hangman and do a low token tip for a guess of a letter and say since we're by the pool I've done a holiday destination word or something and then all your asking is people to tip 15t say to play along and join in. Get the chatroom building up a bit.

It's managing the situation, it's not their fault if no-one is chatting but it is our room so we have to still make it feel as welcoming as possible because you never know who is going to just drop in, there's been times like where you were and I've thought I just want to log off but have stayed and then a regular has came on or someone random starts chatting and you're like "
Yaaaaaaay! How are ya!? It's been so quiet so thanks for chatting you wee legend" how special are they gonna feel because they've just make you smile y'know? Like a wee knight in shining armour haha.
Try not to let the situation get to you and remember - if you log off, you're making $0 but if you stay on and keep yourself going - you honestly could have the best shift you've ever had - you never know!

if you stay on and keep yourself going - you honestly could have the best shift you've ever had
I think the scariest part of this is knowing that if you do indeed make no money your cam score will go down. If it weren't for the cam score, I'd spend a ton more hours online consecutively just chatting and having a good time, even if it's with myself and silent viewers lol I guess it's just how it goes

Yeah I also kinda feel like unless people are gonna find you via your camscore like if you're top 100 and showing up on the homepage, camscore doesn't quite matter as much as just being really consistent and building up a regulars base at first. Does that make sense? Like I think a lot of the girls who are really crushing it just spend a lot of time for a long time on cam, maybe tanked their cam score at first but it probably pays off in the long run.
At least that's what I'm telling myself, went back on just now and did $100 in 4 hours which is better than last time at least- I'm trying to come back after a break after only about 3 months and the hustle is REAL. $>Camscore for me though, at least at first.

Good luck!
xoxox

maybe tanked their cam score at first but it probably pays off in the long run.
There must some truth to this, have you seen Sunhiee's schedule? 12pm to12am EVERYDAY, 12 hours EVERYDAY. That girl hustles and she's #4. When i first started coming to MFC she was always on and I was like, does this girl ever sleep? how is she always on?? Obviously it pays off.

• Hugs
I think the scariest part of this is knowing that if you do indeed make no money your cam score will go down. If it weren't for the cam score, I'd spend a ton more hours online consecutively just chatting and having a good time, even if it's with myself and silent viewers lol I guess it's just how it goes

I do totally understand where you're coming from as I had the same thoughts when I started and was trying to balance the pros and cons but I remember reading like honestly, don't worry about camscore...and honestly...don't!
The only thing that it dictates is the place on the site, for your niche of people that ideally would be in your room - they'll be looking for you anyway, so make sure to use your tags etc. A lot of guys say they found me because they had only UK models set or seen blowjoblips tag or something over "I was just scrolling and came across you". If you look at social stats and see how much traffic and passers by you'll see all the opportunity you have and it's about what you're doing in your room, people want consistency because they are working visiting you into their lives so you've got to potentially take the hit to gain a few regulars and then you can build it up. But I promise you it's more advantageous to be online with a lower camscore than infrequently on with a higher one.
I keep track of my camscore for reference and enjoy seeing it grow however it doesn't dictate whether I stay online or not, it did when I first started out but I learned quickly that was a mugs game yano.

There must some truth to this, have you seen Sunhiee's schedule? 12pm to12am EVERYDAY, 12 hours EVERYDAY. That girl hustles and she's #4. When i first started coming to MFC she was always on and I was like, does this girl ever sleep? how is she always on?? Obviously it pays off.

Yeah if you're on and getting tokens then it really doesn't matter how many hours you do because it'll just keep growing so it gets to the point where if you build up your following, you can work as much as you like and your camscore will only get better.
I honestly think the best advice is have your target for what you NEED for living costs etc and then your target for ideally what you'd like to make. Get on as much as you can to hit your minimum target, mix up your shows/content/games etc if it's difficult to hit and then by doing that you will build your room up. If you aren't hitting your minimum target then maybe it isn't for you. I still work to that this day but honestly camscore is just a number, do not play tit for tat against it haha bypass giving a fucks about it and wait for it to catch up with you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.