AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Whats your favorite romance film?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen any.

Are you asking just for the sake of asking? Or, are you inquiring because you want to see some? Throw a little more context out there... ;)

Reactions: Gen
Backdoor Sluts 9 it makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2.................. oh wait you don't mean that kind of romance films my bad!:hilarious:

• Funny!
Reactions: jujoji and EspiKvlt
Backdoor Sluts 9 it makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2.................. oh wait you don't mean that kind of romance films my bad!:hilarious:

There's romance there. ;)

If we're talking about "kissing" movies, The Princess Bride is the greatest romance film ever made.

I like how critic Mark Cousins attributes "romantic" to films that seek to fill your senses, and evoke a sense of awe, in the same way that Romantic painting had done in the early 19th Century. It makes a ton of sense, and helped me to come to the realization that, for all the talk of photography, it's actually the essential step across the threshold to motion pictures that allowed for a true transition away from and a replacement for monumental painting. It really is no accident that painting began to move quickly toward abstraction in 20th Century Modernism, coinciding with the rise in popularity of the movies. Critics have been talking about this at least as far back as Walter Benjamin, and it's super interesting.

At any rate, in relation to the question posed by Guy, a strong argument could be made that just about anything produced by Hollywood in the last 100 years could be considered a romantic film. Heck, even without the academic terminology twisting, the Hollywood formula, and its influence on narrative formulas throughout the world, generally includes elements of romance, and in that way, even the most bombastic action flicks could be counted as romance. That's why the other greatest romance movie ever made is The Fifth Element.

I'm also pretty partial to Love, Actually even though I have to skip past one of the most horrible and stupid "nice guy" scenes ever shot -- Rick Grimes Holding Signs.

Reactions: JickyJuly
So, @Guy you never really did answer
I do sometimes just randomly think of something and decide to make a thread about it because I like having discussions with people on here. However, based on what @AmberCutie told me in another thread, I now realize that me doing that is causing more harm than good.

I like having discussions with people on here.
Discussions need to go two ways, @Guy. That means you need to participate — don’t wait for people to ask you your own opinion on the topic. You should be the first to answer your own question in the threads you create. That gets the ball rolling and let’s people see that you’re participating, too.

For example, in this thread, you could say that you haven’t seen any and are looking for recommendations. Maybe add what made it pop into your head. It’s a small thing but it would make a big difference for the posters here to feel like you’re engaged.

My favorite was “I Hired a Contract Killer” from 1990. It’s about a guy who fails in committing suicide, hires a hit man and subsequently falls inlove and finds meaning to life. The only problem is that he can’t call off the contract.
It’s still funny and human, and touching after all these years. The complete opposite of the over talkative “When Harry Met Sally”, for instance.

Last edited:
I do sometimes just randomly think of something and decide to make a thread about it because I like having discussions with people on here. However, based on what @AmberCutie told me in another thread, I now realize that me doing that is causing more harm than good.

It's fine if something does pop into your head. But, as Gen mentioned, if you like to have discussions you need to add your part of it as well. Otherwise, it's more of a polling to see what others say and is what has prompted many to say it feels like you're gathering info for marketing purposes.

Gen gave perfect examples of starting off a thread with the first post in it. So, won't get into that or what Amber said.

As for me, "The Princess Bride" will always be the top romantic film of all time. If @zippypinhead is going say "The Fifth Element" is a romance film, then I'll say the "Bladerunner" and "Cherry 2000" are as well. ;)

As for me, "The Princess Bride" will always be the top romantic film of all time. If @zippypinhead is going say "The Fifth Element" is a romance film, then I'll say the "Bladerunner" and "Cherry 2000" are as well. ;)

All great romance movies. Don't let the bullets and blood and explosions fool you -- these are all movies about men finding love.

I'm a bit of a sucker for a romcom. Hands down my favourite ever one is The Wedding Singer.

So, I'm going to throw this into here...

My favourite Tom Clancy novel "Without Remorse" is being adapted to movie. No release date yet, as they just cast Michael B. Jordan to play John Clark.

I love the princess bride as much as the next girl,but if we are talking all-time favorite romance movie I have to go with Ladyhawke.

I love the princess bride as much as the next girl,but if we are talking all-time favorite romance movie I have to go with Ladyhawke.

Damn... There's one I haven't seen in a long time! Probably Rutger Hauer's best performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.