AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Whatsapp Changes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Anyone know how long Whatsapp has been allowing "business accounts" to be setup by users?

Last night, a model that I have been visiting for a few months now asked me to add her in Whatsapp. After adding her number to my contact list while we were still chatting on the cam site, I sent her a "hello" message in Whatsapp. At the top of the Whatsapp window, I saw "business account" briefly display under her name as she replied to the "hello" message. I'm guessing that it is probably a phone provided by the studio where she works, but she told me that it was her personal phone and that she had no idea why I would see the "business account" message under her name.

Has anyone else experienced this? Bug perhaps? Or is it an actual new feature that Whatsapp has implemented that individuals can use for marketing reasons or some such?

a whatsapp business account allows you to have two separate whatsapp (i.e. 'phone) numbers on the same 'phone - one uses the normal whatsapp app and the other number uses a separate whatsapp business app. i suspect the number that she has given you is not her 'main' whatsapp number but one that she has created solely for giving to users. many models do this, obviously for security/personal reasons

a whatsapp business account allows you to have two separate whatsapp (i.e. 'phone) numbers on the same 'phone - one uses the normal whatsapp app and the other number uses a separate whatsapp business app. i suspect the number that she has given you is not her 'main' whatsapp number but one that she has created solely for giving to users. many models do this, obviously for security/personal reasons

Ahh, so there are two different versions of the app then. Would it be safe to assume that if a user is using the business version of the app, that their phone is using dual-sim technology in order to have two different numbers? I didn't think that an app could just magically generate(or use) a second number as you seem to imply in your reply...??

Ahh, so there are two different versions of the app then. Would it be safe to assume that if a user is using the business version of the app, that their phone is using dual-sim technology in order to have two different numbers? I didn't think that an app could just magically generate(or use) a second number as you seem to imply in your reply...??
You don't need the sim you just need to be able to receive the text message some how, google voice for example.

There are plenty of studios that use personal whatsapp on behalf of the models rather than the business version so don't assume you aren't talking to some hairy chested studio monitor named Raul just because it's a personal whatsapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.