AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

when members call you 'bb'

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
In regards to how some models aren't fond of being called bb & such other names, a model gave her own explanation to why it bothers her

Roughly from the convo, this is what i remember...

It feels like she’s not seen as a real person with any character.
It feels like members want to own her
She also said something along the lines of, “If you don’t know me, don’t give me pet names because we don’t have that sort of relationship.”

As models, what are your thoughts on being called bb and other pet names, and if any of the above reasons resonate with you...

I am very against pet names such as bb, baby, sweetie, hun.... strangers or otherwise for almost the exact things your model friend listed.

The mushy names with no real reason or story also step over my comfort lines and into the "too close" or romantic zone. I am not anyone's baby, sweetie, hun or darling. I am strippertron.

I really don't care at all when someone calls me bb. I don't think it implies ownership and I don't find it dehumanizing. In general the BB guys are the ones who pop from room to room going "skype bb? feet bb? hi bb show tits bb" so the only part about it that bugs me is that most of them just kind of ruin the chat flow with their dumb questions. I swear, even if you said ``yes we skype right now, bb` they would leave, haha.

The guys who make me feel a bit dehumanized are the ones who are like "omg, you are the most beautiful girl, I love you so much, you're perfect, etc" when they've just walked into your room. Like what? You don't know me. You say this to all the bbs.

But I am a big fan of pet names. This can be bad in camland because I naturally want to say things like `I love you!` or call everyone love/babe/darling and I know not everyone is into it, and I don't like worrying that someone will take it to mean I love them in a super serious way.

I really don't like it, for all those reasons. I don't tell guys that because I'd never have any air in my lunges, but it does irk me. I've seen girls write in their SM profiles, "IM NOT YOUR BB!" and I should probably do that. The worst one IMO is sweetie, ew. That one feels so dehumanizing. No man in my personal life has ever called me sweetie.

Plus, it's dumb. Like, my name is three damn letters. Just call me IVY. Doesn't take that long to type it.

Oh, and when guys come in your room and the first thing they say is, "WOW!" then go on about how we're the most beautiful girl ever blah blah blah. It's so clearly insincere and unoriginal. Those guys almost never get shows too. Do they expect tits & ass just because they say we're 'so lovely'? Compliments don't pay my bills.

HA. I just realized. Right now I'm wearing a shirt that says, "I'M NOT YOUR BOO" with a little ghost on it. Thanks Target, I'll for sure be caming in this today. :haha:

I grew up in the Midwest and the South, where it's normal to call anybody and everybody things like "hon" and "darlin'." Pet names don't bother me, but laziness of "bb" by leaving off the 'a' and the 'y' does. I'm over the initial annoyance towards it that most models get in the beginning. It's I feel a sort of inside joke to most who've been in the camworld long enough. However I get huge amounts of head hurt when I see it used unironically.

In particular, when I see someone calling a woman who is not someone he is involved with baby, bb, babe, etc. I think... What am I, in some old b&w Frank Sinatra or James Cagney or Humphrey Bogart movie? And when they call a woman "hun" versus "hon," I think they're calling the model an ancient member of a a barbaric tribe that swept through Europe destroying cities for fun. :) Unwanted terms of endearment are just creepy.

I like replying to "bb" with "I'm not ammunition". It doesn't bother me, though, it's just an accepted part of camland. On the other hand, I really dislike the actual pet names. I don't like them in real life, either. I have a name, call me that, dammit!

When I first started on some cam site and saw "bb," I was like wtf. Lol.

I've spoken to a guy friend about the whole "hun" and "dear" thing. I've seen on Facebook the way he uses it with people (and with me a couple of times), and it comes off condescendingly.

:) Unwanted terms of endearment are just creepy.

To give more context to the convo, another member defended the word 'bb' in stating how it's meant to be (in so many words) endearing or a show of affection. He also mentioned that if a model were to call him pet names, he'd feel all sorts of warm tinglies, then questioned why there's no reciprocal feeling.

In response, the model explained (roughly translated) women receive compliments from men quite often, and some men give the vibe that those compliments are an attempt for sex, which she finds creepy or obnoxious. I think it was also mentioned the emptiness of receiving hundreds of the same supposedly "endearing" words. Whether that member understood from those explanations was beyond me.

Tagged:
@JoleneBrody @GenXoxo @Poison_Ivy21 @CrazyCatLady @Ann_Sulu @Dani Picas @SaffronBurke @Songbird_Shelly

i actually love pet names irl, and there are maybe a couple i don't mind on cam (princess is always acceptable, lmao)
if a guy calls me bb it makes me 90% sure he won't tip/will be annoying soon so if i see bb i prepare for them to say something stupid & get silenced lol
i use bb myself a lot ironically just because it's so funny and pretty much everyone in camland get's how annoying it is by now :haha:

I just don't take them seriously...but I like the idea of
"Show token bibi"
I think I'll steal this bit for awhile thank you for the idea!

In regards to how some models aren't fond of being called bb & such other names, a model gave her own explanation to why it bothers her

Roughly from the convo, this is what i remember...

It feels like she’s not seen as a real person with any character.
It feels like members want to own her
She also said something along the lines of, “If you don’t know me, don’t give me pet names because we don’t have that sort of relationship.”

As models, what are your thoughts on being called bb and other pet names, and if any of the above reasons resonate with you...

I think one of the main reasons i don't like the whole BB thing,is because Its like the see you as an object of some sort.
And for one where did this whole BB thing ever start? Its kinda degrading and also rude way to address a model .And further more its unprofessional and annoying

I have plenty of regulars (on SM) who call me BB so I don't really care. I mean if some dude is like "show pussy now BB" I will ban him. But if a guy is like "BB you're so hot, wanna do a JOI in pvt?" I'm like "yes indeedy!"....and then we go pvt and all I get is "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm". Hahahahaha cracks me up.

I grew up in the Midwest and the South, where it's normal to call anybody and everybody things like "hon" and "darlin'."

Down south here; it's basically a given but I never got into the habit.

I always thought BB originated from habibi, not baby. How did I not make this connection. Wow.

Strangely enough, on Streammate, paying dudes often use bb, while "babe" and "baby" are a sure sign that they're not going to spend a dime.

It's only half because I instantly tell them "I'm not your baby, call me by my name". The other half is because they're the "I want to get to know you/date you" dudes.

Double standard alert: I grew up in the South, so I frequently say sweetie, darlin', sweetheart. You know, all of those cutesy names. Usually it's when someone is being nice. BUT when a guy says sweetie, sweetheart, or honey, they automatically sound like a condescending prick. ESPECIALLY if it's before some kind of "advice" or after the word "oh." As in, "Oh, sweetie, ...."

Down south here; it's basically a given but I never got into the habit.

I always thought BB originated from habibi, not baby. How did I not make this connection. Wow.

Well habibi is Arabic for darling...and that's how the rumor got started that everyone who says bb is potentially a terrorist. :facepalm:

Double standard alert: I grew up in the South, so I frequently say sweetie, darlin', sweetheart. You know, all of those cutesy names. Usually it's when someone is being nice. BUT when a guy says sweetie, sweetheart, or honey, they automatically sound like a condescending prick. ESPECIALLY if it's before some kind of "advice" or after the word "oh." As in, "Oh, sweetie, ...."

Oh yeah, want to sorta reiterate what I said. If someone say "Hi sweetie!" I'm good. If someone say "Ok, now listen hon..." I prepare to grit my teeth. For me that works that way with both genders, but I had a constantly correcting mother (who was oddly enough not from the South) growing up lulz.

This is a little bit old, but to me I see it as a lazy way of objectifying someone masked as affection. I don't really say anything about it because it's too exhausting, but it kind of gives me an easy shortcut to analyzing the behavior and personality of said member. I treat members how they treat me, so if someone comes in calling me "BB" typically they're objectifying me so I kind of objectify them back. I do this so it doesn't emotionally bother me, as they see me as a product and I see them as a consumer. On the other hand, if this is someone who doesn't buy anything and just does the whole "Flash bb" "Feet bb" I can't help but either get a little pissy or just kick them. Because THAT bothers me to the core.

Reactions: mutantdonut
Does anyone actually know what a Hun was? soooo not sexy :p

To answer the question though, the bb thing irritates me as much as any other text talk does, but i get it, if you are typing one handed im not going to spell check you.

• Funny!
Reactions: Sevrin
Does anyone actually know what a Hun was? soooo not sexy :p

To answer the question though, the bb thing irritates me as much as any other text talk does, but i get it, if you are typing one handed im not going to spell check you.

Well just like bb/bae/bay it's a misspelling of a longer short word. In this case though, the word is honey.

any thoughts on "qt"?

Status
Not open for further replies.