AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When MFC has "slow nights"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xo_kris

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 14, 2015
California
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@HugKissKris
MFC Username
Xo_kris
how do you girls stay motivated? I'm having hard time the past two weeks with low tips. Usually I do pretty good but idk what's going on. Do you guys notice certain days are busier than others? Or personally for me, I notice I make more at the beginning of the month. I just need some opinions :)

• Hugs
Reactions: spankamber
Everyone has good days and bad days, sometimes I'll have loads of people in my room talking and tipping, other time I'll have no-one and it really encourages me to log off. My personal way of combatting this (and I know there's a few threads for handling slow nights, if you search for them) is to tell the members about my day, or an interesting story that happened recently. I find that a lot of the time people will become engaged in the story and chip in with conversation, leading to a change in topic and even more people joining in! It can be hard to work out what to say, but maybe write a list of good stories/things that have recently happened or topics that interest you before logging in incase it becomes slow?

Also, it tends to be busier for everyone at the beginning of the month because a lot of people get paid on the 1st or near the start of the month and so people are a lot more liberal with their money and tend to tip a lot more freely! :)

I set mild goals for myself mentally before I go on cam. Usually I'll have 3 goals in mind depending what traffic is like. For example, if i have 100+ people in my room and friends I'll go for my higher goal, if I have significantly less people in my room, I'll aim low. That way I don't put too much pressure on myself to meet crazy goals when it's dead. Takes a lot of the stress away.

Also, I know it's hard, but I try not to pay attention to making money and more aim for the countdowns I'm doing. If one countdown is taking too long, I'll make deals or change it slightly depending on the audience and see if it picks up then:)

I also try to never ever ever ever pressure people to tip me or complain about lack of tips, etc. People are there for entertainment and I think it just brings the room down when I put that sort of stress on it.

There will always be slow nights, but if you focus on having fun and making genuine connections with people, even a slow night isn't a night wasted. Who knows who could be watching and tip when they have the money or get to know you more!

Also I agree with the beginning of the month thing! Paychecks!

Hope it picks up for you soon babe! :kiss:

I'm not entirely sure if it works or not (I'm still super new) but when it goes quiet I tend to sort of think aloud about various things in my room. I find it difficult to know what to talk about when I'm literally just sat in a room by myself with nobody helping conversation along but occasionally I can find some kind of item of interest on my shelves that I can just talk about and sometimes someone will chip in and say something, at which point I can pounce on that for something to ramble about. Sometimes I'll also go on Twitter or Tumblr (making sure I can still see my MFC chat window) to see if there's anything on there I can also kind of think aloud about. Doesn't always work but it's worth a shot =p

I do try not to mention tips unless either someone's asking for something in particular (eg 'I'd love to have your panties' 'when are you getting that top off?' stuff like that) or I'm really close to hitting a countdown, so that I'm not begging for huge amounts or giving a hard sell on things people might not necessarily want. But I do say if it's getting quiet because at least talking is free =p I don't really call anyone out by name - I think that can be intimidating - but I'll occasionally just say something like 'there's so many people in here but it's so quiet! Come and say hi!' and usually 1-3 people will do that, 1-2 will continue to chat, and then sometimes one of those ends up being someone who'll come back and potentially tip later :>

"It's a Monday. No one gets paid until Friday."
"It's a Friday, everyone is out."
"Everyone is out Christmas shopping"
"It's tax season"
"It's summer vacation."
"I saw other models say it was slow."
"Why is it so quiet?" (and then proceed to say nothing)

There's no such thing as a slow season, as many excuses as there are.

"It's a Monday. No one gets paid until Friday."
"It's a Friday, everyone is out."
"Everyone is out Christmas shopping"
"It's tax season"
"It's summer vacation."
"I saw other models say it was slow."
"Why is it so quiet?" (and then proceed to say nothing)

There's no such thing as a slow season, as many excuses as there are.
The funniest I saw was "It's March Madness". Although I'm not a sports fan, maybe it's a bigger deal then I think it is.

Reactions: KatieRyan_
You will have slow days, okay days, holy shit this is amazing days and some days that you just don't know why you bother going on.....
But..... It all evens out at the end, you just need to go on almost everyday especially if you are a new girl. And don't log off for at least 4h even if it's slow. You want to get noticed. Tips come after you get noticed. To get noticed you have to entertain and have the ability to draw tips and gain regulars. You learn how to be better at this the more hours you spend online.

The best advice I've ever received is to completely ignore the cam score. You can have the best cam score in the world, but if you only log in 1 hour per week, you aren't going to make much money. I can't pay my landlord with my camscore, but those nickels from staying online for hours and hours add up.

All really good advice, and encouraging. I too have had uber slow nights, and its so hard to stay motivated. Just have to keep on and stay consistent. I sometimes compare myself to a TV show, if a new TV show comes on it wouldn't get much traction if it was only aired once every few weeks, but if its on every day or week, people connect with it, and tune in at that time everyday to watch it. WE are not much different, We are their TV show but better because we are interactive.

The funniest I saw was "It's March Madness". Although I'm not a sports fan, maybe it's a bigger deal then I think it is.

I think certain events actually do have a major impact as to who is online and who is not. The Superbowl is definitely one of them! Probably not every last little game though.

Reactions: AmberCutie
This is definitely something I've had trouble with. I could say the same as @CherryChu for what I try to do when it's slower, and I like @LenaSpanks was saying, I try to stay upbeat and think of the slow days as building my base! I'm an illustrator, so an idea I've been tossing around is setting up an easel with a drawing I've already got started and working on it on cam, since I've heard from a fair amount of people that skills are a draw? I've yet to try it though, I'm kinda worried that it would take my focus away from the room too much, or be found boring I guess

This is definitely something I've had trouble with. I could say the same as @CherryChu for what I try to do when it's slower, and I like @LenaSpanks was saying, I try to stay upbeat and think of the slow days as building my base! I'm an illustrator, so an idea I've been tossing around is setting up an easel with a drawing I've already got started and working on it on cam, since I've heard from a fair amount of people that skills are a draw? I've yet to try it though, I'm kinda worried that it would take my focus away from the room too much, or be found boring I guess
Involve your members. You don't have to create masterpieces; your focus needs to be on entertaining your room. If you have talent, so much the better. That will come through. Draw on the screen. Play pictionary. Do portraits for tips. Draw members' dicks if you have to.

Do you work primarily with pen and paper, or do you also work on the computer to do illustrations?

I ask because if you have manycams installed you could easily have your photoshop or whatever software you use in a window on your screen. Then you could draw something easily while on cam.

I was just watching another model do a sketch the other day. She started from a blank screen and went all the way through to finished product. All the while chatting...and complaining if she didn't like how something turned out and she had to erase it. :p But during that time, in addition to normal tips, she did a limited run raffle. When she got 20 entries she'd pull one name to get a printed out and signed copy of the drawing in the mail.

I have very little drawing skills, so I thought it was rather entertaining watching her. I'd say go for it.

Reactions: FreyaCinn
Involve your members. You don't have to create masterpieces; your focus needs to be on entertaining your room. If you have talent, so much the better. That will come through. Draw on the screen. Play pictionary. Do portraits for tips. Draw members' dicks if you have to.

@Servin I don't know why I hadn't thought of pictionary, but that's a great idea! I looked into it last night and rediscovered that online game iSketch and got sooo excited. I used to play that game all the time when I was younger, but it turns out it's no longer working on macs :( I'm really bummed. Though pictionary is definitely still possible.

Do you work primarily with pen and paper, or do you also work on the computer to do illustrations?

I ask because if you have manycams installed you could easily have your photoshop or whatever software you use in a window on your screen. Then you could draw something easily while on cam.

I was just watching another model do a sketch the other day. She started from a blank screen and went all the way through to finished product. All the while chatting...and complaining if she didn't like how something turned out and she had to erase it. :p But during that time, in addition to normal tips, she did a limited run raffle. When she got 20 entries she'd pull one name to get a printed out and signed copy of the drawing in the mail.

I have very little drawing skills, so I thought it was rather entertaining watching her. I'd say go for it.

@JerryBoBerry I do generally work with traditional media rather than digital, but another concern of mine was that the graphite would be too light to catch on cam, and not really show what I'm doing, so I'd probably work in pen and ink. But working digitally would negate that issue, I'll have to play around with it :cat: thank you both for the input!

@JerryBoBerry I do generally work with traditional media rather than digital, but another concern of mine was that the graphite would be too light to catch on cam, and not really show what I'm doing, so I'd probably work in pen and ink. But working digitally would negate that issue, I'll have to play around with it :cat: thank you both for the input!
If you're making the transition to digital, I'd suggest getting a graphics tablet like this one from Huion. Like this one. It's a lot cheaper than the Wacom ones and the company has a good reputation.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: JerryBoBerry
@Sevrin I've had a Bamboo for a few years actually, absolutely no way I'd do any digital work at all with just a trackpad, eeek. I have a basic proficiency with Ps, Ai, and ID, I just don't enjoy it as much as traditional media :)

@Sevrin I've had a Bamboo for a few years actually, absolutely no way I'd do any digital work at all with just a trackpad, eeek. I have a basic proficiency with Ps, Ai, and ID, I just don't enjoy it as much as traditional media :)
There are some surprisingly cheap document cameras on Amazon. No idea if they're any good, but in theory you could work that and your regular cam together in ManyCam for a picture-in-picture or split-screen kinda deal? Doing traditional media also gives you the option to raffle off the art.

I'm a less popular model. Say I'm stuck in a comfort zone. And I lost my mojo for a while.
So I know all about slow quiet nights. Try thinking outside the box.
I do mixed sentences using members names. This is really fun "have seen some names used?"
I also do guess what film this song is from. Or guess the song.
Mid weeks I do like a 'no tipping night' takes a lot of pressure off. And men never do as they are told.
Free mini quizzes, all alavailable over the Internet. Room can compete against each other for points. "Points = prizes"
Take pics and say I'll snap this to next tip of 'X amount'

Only Try things you are comfortable with doing. Don't do things out of your comfort zone just to fit in. It will show in your show. Have a back up plan if first plan goes to pot.
And be yourself x

I think it is really worth a try with setting up an easel:
1) one of the best ways to create regulars is to be unique, to have something they find only in your room

2) at the moment digital is the big thing, so to do something in an old fashioned way can be very interesting for some...

3) to tip artists is kind of common, fits nicely with MFC

So in my view give it a try, maybe you get orders for real paintings and make more money with your paintings on MFC than with your shows, you never know...

:)

I think it is really worth a try with setting up an easel:
1) one of the best ways to create regulars is to be unique, to have something they find only in your room

2) at the moment digital is the big thing, so to do something in an old fashioned way can be very interesting for some...

3) to tip artists is kind of common, fits nicely with MFC

So in my view give it a try, maybe you get orders for real paintings and make more money with your paintings on MFC than with your shows, you never know...

I haven't had much luck finding models to study from for this, so I'm also unsure about how the tipping for this type of thing, or really any self sustaining activity, goes. One recommendation I saw was to hold a mini raffle that day for the piece you're working on, but, if I'm working on an oil painting that is going to take me several weeks to finish, obviously that wouldn't work. Anyhow, I think I'll need to figure out how I'd want to run it before jumping right in without a basis for my plan.

But I'm definitely going to try it out, and I really hope I can find a way to make it work, because I'd really enjoy that. It'd be amazing if I built up to getting commissions ^.^

I haven't had much luck finding models to study from for this, so I'm also unsure about how the tipping for this type of thing, or really any self sustaining activity, goes. One recommendation I saw was to hold a mini raffle that day for the piece you're working on, but, if I'm working on an oil painting that is going to take me several weeks to finish, obviously that wouldn't work. Anyhow, I think I'll need to figure out how I'd want to run it before jumping right in without a basis for my plan.

But I'm definitely going to try it out, and I really hope I can find a way to make it work, because I'd really enjoy that. It'd be amazing if I built up to getting commissions ^.^

In my view first you need to establish how much you want to make from the painting.

Then I see 2 options : first a buy now price lets say maybe 50 000 tokens, if someone pays it he gets the painting

the second option is with Raffle tickets, lets say 1000 tokens each and 50 tickets and a draw when it is finished.

To avoid problems with expectations I would work with 2 paintings which you value equal, and the promise that one of them will be a Raffle prize and one available for pay now. So nobody feels cheated if someone buys a painting straightaway then the tickets are valid for the other one.....

Something like that...

I hesitated to post her here since she's not a member on ACF (that I can tell). But LeeLoo is a non-nude model who does drawing and painting on cam. She's talented, funny, and cute. However, she's been doing it a long time, so she would be able to give more input than we can. And hey, you might become best friends and cam together one day! You never know!

In my view first you need to establish how much you want to make from the painting.

Then I see 2 options : first a buy now price lets say maybe 50 000 tokens, if someone pays it he gets the painting

the second option is with Raffle tickets, lets say 1000 tokens each and 50 tickets and a draw when it is finished.

To avoid problems with expectations I would work with 2 paintings which you value equal, and the promise that one of them will be a Raffle prize and one available for pay now. So nobody feels cheated if someone buys a painting straightaway then the tickets are valid for the other one.....

Something like that...

Hmmm, yeah I'll be giving it some thought ^.^

I hesitated to post her here since she's not a member on ACF (that I can tell). But LeeLoo is a non-nude model who does drawing and painting on cam. She's talented, funny, and cute. However, she's been doing it a long time, so she would be able to give more input than we can. And hey, you might become best friends and cam together one day! You never know!

Ohh! Thank you!

У меня наоборот на начало периода всегда спокоен (((, и теперь я сижу здесь, и комната очень тихо, я не могу понять, почему

Status
Not open for further replies.