AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When was the last time you went to church?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get dragged every Christmas when I visit my family. Sighhhh. They are religious and I just bite my tongue to keep the peace.

Aside from a couple weddings, funerals and baptisms/christenings (whatever they're called) I would guess it was about age 7 when I got dragged to a service by a friend's family after a sleepover.

The last time I was dragged to church was when I was forced into bible study by my grandmother at age 9. I was agnostic then, am still agnostic now, so it was really weird. My family know I'm agnostic now, and don't ask me to go to church with them anymore, even my hardcore born-again father.

Reactions: Val Vega
I'll pray for all of you hell-bent sinners this Sunday. :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo
I have taken my Nonna to Easter Mass since I was 17. That is the only time I go to church. Also it's nice because she brags to her bible study bitch friends that her granddaughter FROM FLORIDA flies up every year for Easter just for her while the rest of her disrespectful grandchildren never visit her. "They drive right by her house to go to the mall? Can you even? How can you do that to your own flesh and blood?"

They see her plenty, she is just a primadonna.

I have taken my Nonna to Easter Mass since I was 17. That is the only time I go to church. Also it's nice because she brags to her bible study bitch friends that her granddaughter FROM FLORIDA flies up every year for Easter just for her while the rest of her disrespectful grandchildren never visit her. "They drive right by her house to go to the mall? Can you even? How can you do that to your own flesh and blood?"

They see her plenty, she is just a primadonna.

As we say down here: bless her heart.

Invited to a baby dedication over the summer. About a year and a half ago I swore I was #done for good. I have cam models both to thank for helping me get free as well as those who encourage me to stay or at least keep in touch with it all. Right now tho, being non-religious has been the most freeing, most life changing, best thing that has ever happened to me.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Apart from a few weddings as an adult my school used to make everyone go to the town church each year to sing Christmas hymns so the last time was when I was 15-16.

I've never been to an actual Sunday sermon or whatever they're called.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Maybe 30 years. For some reason the church was important to my parents in my growing up reality. Never had the sense of community or spirituality that kept my parents involved. The best parts for me were when they passed around the collection plate (I thought it was funny) and the fashion show that took place as people lined up for communion---and then we got to watch who left after communion.

It always shocked me how much my dad yelled at me before (getting up on a Sunday at 6:00 to catch the early show) and after church (in the car going home). Never understood that, but we used to get donuts afterwards which ruled and made everyone feel better.

Totally gave up on religion when my brother got a car and, being the rebels we were, we'd dress up in ripped jeans (ala def leppard back in the day) and motley crue t-shirts and hang out in the back row of the church waiting for it to end and skipping out for a drive in that sweet smelling cutlass supreme two door. It also didn't help that priests were getting busted left and right for sexual stuff: fr. funkie, I remember that name from a rival high school because kids would say to watch out for him, after he got busted, like he was the boogyman "funkie is gonna get you." There was another priest at my parish that I actually kind of got to know cause he showed me some attention that got busted soliciting male prostitutes at a local park. I heard about that one when one of the cops that busted him told the donut shop I was working at (the priest was transferred out quick).

From what I saw, and maybe I just saw too much how humans try to go thru the motions in search of feeling good about themselves, it was just normal average people hoping that somehow taking part in a ritual would garner them some sort of acceptance in the community and maybe the afterlife based largely on how well they were dressed or gave monetarily for God. And they were led by confused people reciting sorta- interesting stories but not anywhere as cool as comic books. I think I met one or two really nice people while I sold newspapers outside the doors of church from six in the morning to noon, but for the most part, even though Jesus preached this or that, it just seemed really kind of like any organization I have been part of since.

Reactions: IndySolo
"I love her!" = bless her heart.

"I hate that bitch!" = bless her heart.

Ah, the South..
and the always fun "I love her to death but..." also known as there is about to be some Grade A, Premium Cut, USDA Choice SHADE being thrown.

I think when I was around 9 my Mom took me to midnight mass and I complained so much and fell asleep during it. We never went back after that.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving before my family visit ended. It was nice seeing familiar faces from 20 years ago and new ones that joined the church after I moved. Baptist church.

I was somewhere between 12 and 14, spent the night at my cousin's and her grandma insisted we go. All I remember was that it was during that angsty edgelord phase all kids go through (Nobody understood me! UGH!), and youth group just happened to be covering Revelations that Sunday. Heck yeah, fire and plagues!

That grandma can't stand me because I'm pretty open about my sexuality and defiled my body with the ash of the devil. Or something to make one little bitty tattoo sound bad. Again, heck yeah!

And AMEN to the "Bless her heart" thing. With a "Hallelujah" thrown in on top, for emphasis.

I swanny, y'all are gonna make me have church up in here. And not the revered canon of mass but rather the foot stompin', hand clappin', organ screachin', pastor hollering, sister Edna Jenkins falling out consumed with the holy spirit, full righteousness of any black AME church here in the south!

I might not be able to preach you satanic worshipping heatherns into heaven but, by gawd, I can sure try to scare the he'll out of you!

Sumbody gimme an "AMEN!"

The last time I was in a Mormon church I was 13, finally exposed to the "real world" and realized women had more potential than home and baby maker, this is also when I started to question my beliefs and stumbled onto paganism. The last time I was in a church in general was probably about 5 years ago, I don't mind going to holiday services with family, while I may not agree with their beliefs and teachings, I do enjoy the energy and emotions I feel in any sort of religious gathering.

It's been about 4 years. I grew up in a religious family, and when I became an adult I went to a string of churches trying to find one that matched my values and beliefs. After a while I realized it was all bullshit and called it quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.