AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When your regulars leave the cam site...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's better not to get too attached to virtual friends, and that goes for everyone. It's a lot easier said than done, but there you go. At least you had some hints, making this a less than complete surprise, and you know that she is most likely okay and simply ending a chapter in her life.

:brohug

Sevrin said:
Yeah, it's better not to get too attached to virtual friends, and that goes for everyone. It's a lot easier said than done, but there you go. At least you had some hints, making this a less than complete surprise, and you know that she is most likely okay and simply ending a chapter in her life.
I saw the hints but didn't want to believe them. Especially after she kept my hopes up telling me she will be back. I know that I need to look forward and focus on myself now but thats frustrating hard when your fighting a depression.
Time will heal all wounds.

SilentLurker said:
I don't know what hurts more atm, that she did a clean break with that part of her life without saying goodbye or that I can never talk to her again. Probably both. And still I wonder if she is all right now...
It's the "without saying goodbye" part that makes it most difficult, even when there are hints that someone will be leaving the site soon. It's worse when the connection has extended beyond the site itself. It doesn't have to be a strong emotional connection either - it could be merely trading fun tweets or sharing a personal tidbit in an email.

Folks move on but it leaves behind a gap when there is no closure. I miss talking to a favorite model who left in February in the same manner. I couldn't offer any Best Wishes in her post-MFC affairs or deliver a Happy Birthday message this past Monday.

On the other hand, the memories of our relatively short (4 months) online encounter bring back lots of smiles. So that's where I prefer to spend my energy. :)

Brad said:
yossarian said:
One of the things that's really interesting to me about the internet in general is the way it's forced us to redefine who we call a friend. There's still this stigma about friends people meet on the internet rather than in person. I've known people who actually married people they met on the internet (on message boards and such) and they would tell me how it always raised eyebrows when they told people how they met, as though their relationship is somehow less valid because they didn't bump into each other in a Starbucks but rather met over shared interests at a long distance.

Maggy and I met on a message board in May of 2001. We married in June of 2004. Many thought we were nuts then and probably still think that.
:lol:

lmao! my gf is moving in next month and we met playing an MMORPG online

SilentLurker said:
Over the couple of months I grew more emotionally attached to her than I wanted to, but she helped me when my depression took hold of me and pushed me back on track. While talking to her I felt understood, something I hadn't felt in a long time.

I know exactly what you mean. MFC needs a giant warning label on it. Except that we'd all ignore it anyway, thinking it could never happen to us. :(

I'm with most of the other girls! I get attached to members who are around regularly and I've developed a relationship with (even if it's just on cam!) & I've had a few members who've just up and left and while it's sad I'm one of those models who will wonder if the worst happened or if you just got tired of it, I'd rather have a small message like "hey I'm just not feelin' MFC anymore, it's been fun!" and I'll high-five ya (virtually) on the way out. but that way at least I don't have all those negative scenarios running through my head.

And as a model whenever I quit for good, you guys will know it. I'll post a blog in advance, hopefully, & maybe even throw a fun going away party, but at least you guys will KNOW and won't have to wonder why one day I just stopped tweeting and camming.

It just kind of evolved this way for me.

I am purposefully not a regular in any room. I don't want to get too attached to a model. And if they ever became too attached to me? Who knows what inconceivable things may happen if I left? (sarcasm)

Would I like to know if a model with whom I have a good rapport and I visit on regular basis was leaving? Sure. It would be nice. But even though there is not enough to make it an apples-to-apples comparison, I equate it to the worklplace. People come and people go. Some you are closer with than others. Some have a big retirement and/or going away celebration. Some just stop showing up. And you kinda wonder what happened.

When an old thread is resurrected here, I tend to wonder what happened to some of the people who had posted and are no longer around. But not enough for it to make me lose sleep.

Not trying to sound callous, just telling it like I perceive it.

Reading many of these "left without a trace" posts gives me more incentive to never get emotionally attached. I usually tip anonymously and rarely hold a deep convo with the model. I also bounce around from room to room.

However, sometimes i frequent certain models, and then one day they've stopped coming around. From that point, can't help but wonder what happened to her or why did she quit the business. Then i move on to the next model.

Other than wanting a particular model or regular to return and reinvigorate the rapport already established, i guess the thing people all looking for is closure. Even if we've somewhat come to terms with that person leaving, we'd like to know the reasons as well as having one last good bye. Feels like the end of sad movie doesn't it?

It's especially easy for models to say goodbye to members, since all that is needed is a note on their profile. Members may or may not have an active profile ever, but almost every model's is left active after stop appearing on camera. I think I've only ever seen one model's profile that explained her departure.

Sevrin said:
It's especially easy for models to say goodbye to members, since all that is needed is a note on their profile. Members may or may not have an active profile ever, but almost every model's is left active after stop appearing on camera. I think I've only ever seen one model's profile that explained her departure.

I don't think it will be easy for me to say goodbye on MFC, because it has more of a "community" feel to it than any other cam site, in my opinion, and I've gotten to know a lot of good people on there. When I leave, I plan to announce it in my room, post it on my profile, post tweets, and use MFC's news feed feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.