AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where will you be on August 21st?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintilla

Cam Model
Mar 15, 2012
Arizona
www.lintilla.net
Twitter Username
@Lintilla
Streamate Username
LintillaTaylor
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/57755/LintillaTaylor
I determined that I'd be somewhere along this shaded line for the solar eclipse back when I was still a little girl:

usa_eclipse_map.jpg

So I've literally been waiting decades for this. You'd think I'd have planned better, or at all, but... I'm a last minute type of person. Based on weather probabilities, I'll be heading most likely to the NW. I'm saving up these next few months, and possibly also going to get my driver's license again before then (I let it lapse when I didn't need to drive for years in Chicago). I like the idea of road tripping better, even though I'm pretty far away in AZ, just because I don't really trust plane and car rental reservations. I mean, have you seen Seinfeld or recent news? Betting on a clusterfuck there. I also don't want to spend thousands on a hotel room. I'll figure things out somehow! There are some campsites still to be released. I'm considering many options...

Anyone else planning to be inside that stripe? Any of you already live there or nearby? And if so, how much are you listing your place for on Airbnb :p I imagine I'll be crying like a stupid baby sometime between 11:30 and noon MDT, how about youuuuuu?

ETA: Seinfeld sketch, for anyone not familiar. I expect a lot of this sort of thing to happen. That and I've already read about people who've had their early hotel reservations cancelled when the hotel realized they could charge 10x more...

Last edited:
Wow? Thanks for posting this! I have relatives in Columbia, SC that have really been on me to visit; I might just take them up on the offer for posting the 21st. It looks like the Nashville vicinity, however, would be closer for me. How about an ACF/solar eclipse meetup? ;) lol

Some of my friends are planning on driving up from the SF Bay Area to Boise Idaho to see it. I'm planning on joining them. I had to laugh when I saw the price for the Boise, Idaho Howard Johnsons Airport for Aug 20. $199.99, normally $50. My friend booked it probably 4 months and as he said, this was not my first choice, just all that was left.

I remember we had one here like 10-15 years ago when I was a kid. At school we all made little pinhole cameras and got some solar filters so we could go out to the playground and watch the projection or look at it without going blind. It was pretty cool, I remember them saying it was a once in a lifetime thing and there wouldn't be another one for like 100 years or something. I guess they lied.

I actually made plans for this almost 6 years ago myself. I remember a partial eclipse when I was a kid and how cool it was. Even your own shadows changes shape. I have a place already setup for the last 3 years and have wielders masks purchased for viewing.

My parents' house is actually located exactly on the line to the the fullest view of the total eclipse. I suspect I'll be working that day, but if I can manage a day off, I'll be making a trip there for sure.

I remember we had one here like 10-15 years ago when I was a kid. At school we all made little pinhole cameras and got some solar filters so we could go out to the playground and watch the projection or look at it without going blind.

There was a partial eclipse when I was in 6th grade during our class camping trip. We drove several hours north, where it was even less impressive. And even so, instead of making pinhole cameras or something with us, they made us go inside so we wouldn't look at the sun and hurt our eyes! WTF!? So disappointing.

I have a big camping trip planned, my out-of-state bestie and I are meeting up in another location for it. I'm so excited!

I'm still really thinking about trying for a camping trip. Kind of a crapshoot whether I'd be able to get a site. I guess I have... three days to decide if I'll try :p Otherwise I have family in Alberta, and maybe I could fly there and drive with them not AS far south instead of a longer way north. I live in the dark red zone...

QSLPhB_WnIyp4pFrjQPvLw6fNplXD09Iog6dgovs9lY.jpg

oooo It IS TIME for the 2017 solar eclipse! I remember back in the early-mid 90's they were talking about what the 2017 eclipse was going to be like on the ABC affiliate news station. Man, time flies. When I was living in California, there was a pretty full solar eclipse in 2012.

I'll be in Germany at that time, eating pretentious chocolate, cured meats and driving that autobahn.

Status
Not open for further replies.