AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

After 2 years going on webcamsites: Some things I can tell you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2020
Hi,

I thought i'd make this post, i'm in quarantine and have lot's of time) I found this forum recently and spend some time on it reading stuff)

I've been on webcamsites for 2 years now. Mostly chaturbate. I am a male, 40+ year old.

Here, let me give my opinion about some websites i know and used:

- chaturbate: i like it a lot, very simple, no bullshit, good support, very easy user interface, customizable, pretty fast, you feel like you are somewhat in control (pvt, pm, users in the room, clear token view when in pvt, can invite another user in your room to have a chat)

- stripchat: pretty good, fast, interface good, clear tip menu. Dislike: don't like 10 seconds free spy, pm is not really pm since conversations remain with profile and cannot be deleted. (studios can always read what you say to the model)

- livejasmin: fastest site, very well made, excellent support, the most professional site. Very expensive, less control, no good view of credits, no clue who is in the room, no window customization, everything is fixed by the website, everything probably heavily monitored.

- streamate: very good, professional, excellent support. The most expensive (i need to pay extra taxes in pvt), also less control no custom window size, no user names in room, everything probably heavily monitored.

- bongacams: never bought credits, but looks like site with much spam and very unclear interface, would not trust it much

- mfc: needs to be revamped, don't like interface, often have lag / bad stream quality, slow

- flirt4free: meh, don't like the interface, no control, pm unclear, something is not 'right' with this website, would not broadcast as model there

- camsoda: not very well made, less models, no good interface, would not trust it much, looks like it's going to be hacked sooner or later, would never broadcast as model on this site

- cams.com: bad, would not trust it, no control, not secure to me, would never broadcast as model

Personal additions about going on webcamsite:
- very addictive (especially the first year), very fun.
- not always easy to control the money you spend on the site (for me at least)
- many beautiful models are also uninteresting models, but one way or another you will find an amazing model)
- if you do find her, don't get attached too much, unless you really have what it takes to either: get together and share life, or friendship, or foreign country contact.

Get together in real life:

- anything is possible, and can be life changing
- model is really interested in you? Get her number without paying for it, and videocall her when she is not at work, but when she is at home.
- only meet with models irl if you are 100% sure they are serious about such a thing (i've met several users who took the plane and stood there alone because the model did not show up, even after texting outside of work for a while)
- if you fall in love, and have nothing but her webcam, prepare for a hard time) (not recommended)

Good luck and maybe i'll read an amazing story of you here some time)

streamate: very good, professional, excellent support. The most expensive (i need to pay extra taxes in pvt), also less control no custom window size, no user names in room, everything probably heavily monitored.

Happy you are having an overall positive experience! Only us models can see our room's member list. Is there a reason why you would like to see it? Also I do believe we aren't heavily monitored. Never experienced that type of behavior from them the seven years I've been on the site.

One thing that I don't like about Chaturbate that I recently found is that it saves EVERYTHING that a user sends, both public and private.

You can download your own here (limit of 3X per every 30 days):

I can understand some of the reasoning for why this may be but I still don't really like it. Not sure whether other sites do also and it's just not made available to users.

Reactions: DoD404
One thing that I don't like about Chaturbate that I recently found is that it saves EVERYTHING that a user sends, both public and private.
You get there only what belongs to you... only you and support can access it and it's rather a good thing imo.

ie You can see your private messages sent but can't see the responses from others (also others won't have your messages in their history), you can have your own content only. It's for you a way to dispute and defend if any other user reports you as ie being harassing, rude, scamming or whatever.
Also, if your account got unfortunately hacked, you (and support) can inspect the hacker's activity and understand better what happened.

other sites certainly have the whole history somewhere, it's better imo to have full access to your data, according to internet privacy laws I think.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Only us models can see our room's member list. Is there a reason why you would like to see it?

Well, it's just some more information. Regulars, big tippers i've seen before, assholes or weirdo's, sometimes i ask to disable spying depending on who is in the room.
I also like to see if someone is tipping her big at the moment, i won't bother her then (asking for pm for example), and i like to know if there are 50 people in the room or 5.

Usually it becomes kind of important if i go see a model often. To be blinded from the room, i don't like it. It's nice to have at least some insight, already enough is hidden and out of control of the user.

Reactions: Makko

You can download your own here (limit of 3X per every 30 days):

I can understand some of the reasoning for why this may be but I still don't really like it. Not sure whether other sites do also and it's just not made available to users.

I am typically a very private person, but I understand why CB does this and I am totally OK with it.

If you’ve ever read the 18+ agreement CB makes you click before visiting their website, they explicitly state that they comply with law enforcement when necessary. If anyone ever got sued or arrested for behavior that happened on CB, they’d have an easy time complying with requests for evidence. To me, that’s fair, because CB (and its competitors) assumes a lot of risk running this kind of business.

Making my info readily available to me via download is also nice, and a step in the right direction in terms of consumer trust.

Well, it's just some more information. Regulars, big tippers i've seen before, assholes or weirdo's, sometimes i ask to disable spying depending on who is in the room.
I also like to see if someone is tipping her big at the moment, i won't bother her then (asking for pm for example), and i like to know if there are 50 people in the room or 5.

Usually it becomes kind of important if i go see a model often. To be blinded from the room, i don't like it. It's nice to have at least some insight, already enough is hidden and out of control of the user.
see i disagree. i don't think it's necessary. and i dont understand how it gives you any control. only we can see who are higher up tiers in our room. even then us models don't know member personal rankings or how much the member set their limit as. a positive of not sharing memberlist on streamate, i don't have to worry about strangers stealing some of my regular names and trying to take advantage of whatever relationship the two of us have. every once in a while i will get someone trying to do this because a reg doesn't mark his chat invisible. last month i had someone try to do it with a reg who likes to look at my hairy armpits topless. that was fun. :giggle:

streamate doesn't do pms like the other sites. it's more email-like messages which can easily go ignored. if someone is tipping her on streamate in freechat, that shouldn't deter you from tipping as well. its a private based site. if she is in freechat, she is waiting for someone to initiate private or exclusive, or she is doing a gold show countdown (which is a group show people can tip a min amount into.) there are zero public shows unless its a $0 gold show, and only a few models run those.

on streamate very rarely there are 50 people are sitting in your room. ive been in the top rows for years, and i don't get that room count unless if i have a gold show going. streamate is more of a lurk and stroke site instead of chat centered. my room count is constantly going up and down, because there are lots of people clicking through.

Last edited:
I am typically a very private person, but I understand why CB does this and I am totally OK with it.

If you’ve ever read the 18+ agreement CB makes you click before visiting their website, they explicitly state that they comply with law enforcement when necessary. If anyone ever got sued or arrested for behavior that happened on CB, they’d have an easy time complying with requests for evidence. To me, that’s fair, because CB (and its competitors) assumes a lot of risk running this kind of business.

Making my info readily available to me via download is also nice, and a step in the right direction in terms of consumer trust.

As a longtime MFC user, I wish we could easily download our history: tips, PM's, logs, etc. But, is not possible

But, we can clear most of our history: chat room and PM logs, delete privates and a few other things. The only things we can't delete are tips and tip notes. Maybe a couple of things I haven't discovered yet.

Reactions: AmberCutie
- only meet with models irl if you are 100% sure they are serious about such a thing (i've met several users who took the plane and stood there alone because the model did not show up, even after texting outside of work for a while)
lol, this happened to a friend of mine in Las Vegas

As a longtime MFC user, I wish we could easily download our history: tips, PM's, logs, etc. But, is not possible

But, we can clear most of our history: chat room and PM logs, delete privates and a few other things. The only things we can't delete are tips and tip notes. Maybe a couple of things I haven't discovered yet.
It deletes it on your side, but not completely I believe. So the models you had PM logs with can still see the chat, etc. About 99% sure this is the case.

It deletes it on your side, but not completely I believe. So the models you had PM logs with can still see the chat, etc. About 99% sure this is the case.

Agreed, I'd think it only deletes it from the person's view who's deleting and not from the other side nor the servers.

Although, the interesting aspect will be with the new data privacy and ownership laws coming into effect, how they will handle them. I know a lot of companies are now going with the stricter of the laws on the internet just out of simplicity and not having to deal with multiple laws.

Although, the interesting aspect will be with the new data privacy and ownership laws coming into effect, how they will handle them. I know a lot of companies are now going with the stricter of the laws on the internet just out of simplicity and not having to deal with multiple laws.
Yep. Simply hiding your own data from you while "everybody else" can see it after you ask for it to be deleted, probably isn't going to get you standing ovations from EU citizens with regard to GDPR. Imagine if OnlyFans claimed ownership of everything you uploaded when you went and deleted your account ...

Agreed, I'd think it only deletes it from the person's view who's deleting and not from the other side nor the servers.

I know the laws are more focused on removing identifying (edit: "personal data" according to the pages I've read) information so name, ID, address sort of thing. It wouldn't cover basic interaction text, I don't believe. When the GDPR thing popped up we (ACF) just had to make a way to delete the person's login info and rename their account, but their posts remain. I would assume cam sites would need keep records of all interactions for legal reasons for a period of time.

Yep. Simply hiding your own data from you while "everybody else" can see it after you ask for it to be deleted, probably isn't going to get you standing ovations from EU citizens with regard to GDPR. Imagine if OnlyFans claimed ownership of everything you uploaded when you went and deleted your account ...
That law covers stuff that can be found in a "breach" but stuff that's posted publicly somewhere on the Internet isn't quite so easily covered. Things you type to another person or in an open forum (CB/MFC chat, or even here at ACF) isn't protected as "personal data".

data.PNG

Can members please stop assuming the majority of models will meet or give personal information out and if we don't we are sketchy? Cam sites are not dating sites. Giant pet peeves of mine.
Hah yeah in fact we are less "sketchy" if we don't give out our personal information.

It's a somewhat complicated subject in this context because ACF would probably eventually be useless if posts followed deleted users out the door, and further complicated by the media section here. But everything is anonymous here until it isn't. In a hypotethical case, it wouldn't be hard for a third party to take all the information I left here, combine it with other information and find out exactly who I am. GDPR legislation is supposed to give you control of your own information. Sounds easy, right?

I know the laws are more focused on removing identifying (edit: "personal data" according to the pages I've read) information so name, ID, address sort of thing. It wouldn't cover basic interaction text, I don't believe. When the GDPR thing popped up we (ACF) just had to make a way to delete the person's login info and rename their account, but their posts remain. I would assume cam sites would need keep records of all interactions for legal reasons for a period of time.

I'm not sure on the legal aspect of cam sites or even forums. I would think it follows some semblance of general business data retention which is clear as mud anyway. I've worked for companies which refuse to delete any data, and have logs and email that go back 20+ years. I've been at companies which do not keep email or logs longer than 90 days, and IM is max of 30 days. I know companies such as VPN/proxies don't keep any logs at all.

My understanding was that GDPR and CA's data privacy laws were supposed to give ownership back to the person who provided it. But, the CA law only covers data retained at businesses of a certain size and doesn't appear to cover small businesses, or sites which don't make a profit. I know some aspects of GDPR was supposed to be much more strict but don't know the level of details.

It's a somewhat complicated subject in this context because ACF would probably eventually be useless if posts followed deleted users out the door, and further complicated by the media section here. But everything is anonymous here until it isn't. In a hypotethical case, it wouldn't be hard for a third party to take all the information I left here, combine it with other information and find out exactly who I am. GDPR legislation is supposed to give you control of your own information. Sounds easy, right?

You and I both know that occurs now....

You get there only what belongs to you... only you and support can access it and it's rather a good thing imo.

ie You can see your private messages sent but can't see the responses from others (also others won't have your messages in their history), you can have your own content only. It's for you a way to dispute and defend if any other user reports you as ie being harassing, rude, scamming or whatever.
Also, if your account got unfortunately hacked, you (and support) can inspect the hacker's activity and understand better what happened.

other sites certainly have the whole history somewhere, it's better imo to have full access to your data, according to internet privacy laws I think.

Yes, at least they give you access to it.

If a studio account, they'd also have access to the model's messages. And in some cases it also could be used against them by Chaturbate, studio, or whoever else may get access. I know of a specific case where it was (the model acknowledged in a response that someone else without approved ID was visible on cam).

Yep, as I said I can understand why they might. But doesn't make me like it any more. I'd prefer that nothing at all is kept. May be of use if it is, but there's not any legal requirement to do so. Yes, they do bear some risk so understandable that they may want to for their own purposes.

In any case, just noting that this is done so that some who may not be aware are. Knowing whatever I send is recorded has made me more cautious about what I post sometimes.

Hah yeah in fact we are less "sketchy" if we don't give out our personal information.

Even in the vanilla side of the 'net, I'm very selective of who I give my personal info to. I understand wanting to know some aspects of who you interact with so can communicate on some level other than saying "Hey" to each other. But, I don't get the whole thing of people being focused on finding out who cam models are. Enjoy the fantasy for what it is. If a model decides to share beyond that with me, I respect her privacy and leave it at that without looking things up further.

Same. I've had users on StripChat friend me and ask questions about models they sense I am a tipping regular with. Must be some kind of chasing or gossip or trophy thing I'm too dumb to be into or know about. Fucking weird.

I've had similar happen to me on MFC in years past. Part of the reason why I locked my PM's down to friends only, and even then I only friend models. No longer do I friend other members due to this reason, along with being begged for tokens by other members.

I think part of it is the infatuation with them and whatever stalkerish sickness they have. Similar to how people get infatuated with celebrities. Truly disgusting.

Can members please stop assuming the majority of models will meet or give personal information out and if we don't we are sketchy? Cam sites are not dating sites. Giant pet peeves of mine.
Yes, it's crazy.. women can actually enjoy their own sexuality and make money without having the need to be owned, possessed or guided by a male. Camming is not all a secret rouse to get a guy in a relationship, because we're lonely, or lost, and need some douche to come to the rescue. It's crazy ?!?!?

OMG. Y'all should have never let us vote, who knew this would happen hahaha.

Women going crazy, showing their vaginas online, making money, and having fun! OMFG the scandal! Just when y'all thought we were 100% subservient, submissive, and completely dependant beings. Whatever's next?

Thank God we have men like you OP to write long, blathering online posts to enlighten us all about the cam world, relationships, and everything else. God knows we were all begging for some completely unbiased, fact based guidance. LMFAO!! Someone give him an award for his services to the cam community.. STAT! We've got a bonafide total Winner and intellectual heavy weight here! Praise the fucking Lord!

Last edited:
or give personal information out and if we don't we are sketchy?
You are not sketchy, privacy for models is the most important thing. And i certainly don't assume they will give personal information to me, nor do i ask them often.

Cam sites are not dating sites.
For me they are. Yes, better not to promote it but i think it's very exciting. It's about men going out with their fantasy they had on their screen. It's about seeing the real person behind the model. It's like meeting a celebrity from a movie.

because we're lonely, or lost, and need some douche to come to the rescue.
Just when y'all thought we were 100% subservient, submissive, and completely dependant beings
It's not about that..

Thank God we have men like you OP to write long, blathering online posts to enlighten us all about the cam world
I'm sorry for talking about it then, I thought i'd give my opinion since there is a whole thread about it here (i'm in love with a camgirl) with many stories. If it bothers some users or mods here, then feel free to delete it. )

You are not sketchy, privacy for models is the most important thing. And i certainly don't assume they will give personal information to me, nor do i ask them often.

For me they are. Yes, better not to promote it but i think it's very exciting. It's about men going out with their fantasy they had on their screen. It's about seeing the real person behind the model. It's like meeting a celebrity from a movie.
Not sure if you mean the "idea" of dating one of the models is the fantasy and how you view it which is why its exciting to you, which is kind of one part of the purpose of cam sites as long as it's known its just part of your fantasy and stays there... Or if you actually go to camsites seeking this type of interaction or connection as if it actually were a dating site....
Care to elaborate?

I'm sorry for talking about it then, I thought i'd give my opinion since there is a whole thread about it here (i'm in love with a camgirl) with many stories. If it bothers some users or mods here, then feel free to delete it. )

I'm guessing you never read any of those threads, and only read the titles? I highly suggest you read the threads, and you'll find that it's not what you think they are. Those are threads about men thinking they are in love with models and being taken advantage of.

Please read them.

Not sure if you mean the "idea" of dating one of the models is the fantasy and how you view it which is why its exciting to you, which is kind of one part of the purpose of cam sites as long as it's known its just part of your fantasy and stays there... Or if you actually go to camsites seeking this type of interaction or connection as if it actually were a dating site....
Care to elaborate?

Yes, please elaborate further.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

Maybe I should say it fucking louder since clearly you don't get it. Cam. Sites. Are. Not. Dating. Sites. There's a reason so many actual celebrities have restraining orders on fans that take things way too far. You literally have to agree to TOS that state this is not for meetups. Models get banned for that. Your fantasy isn't worth a model's source of income. If a model wants to proactively take that risk, whatever- that's on them. But you shouldn't join cam sites specifically to "see the real person behind the model" and try to attain a meeting. There's a reason we use personas, alter egos and fantasy. Because we don't want the real person to be available to members. Really not a hard concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.