AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I've made a search engine :)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamModelTools

Banhammered
May 23, 2019
Hello all,
during the last year I developed a new type of website, at least I think so 😆
It is a search engine for referring webcam shows.
It has a fulltext search and gives potential users and guests the opportunity to find the matching show for their needs.

I know it is not near to perfection, but I do my best to improve it every day.

Up today the database holds more than 1.4 million cam perfomances. I use the official interfaces of the major platforms, such as Chaturbate, Stripchat, Bongacams etc.

Since yesterday the automatic announcements of actually started shows is working and gets pretty neat view counts.

The site supports access from a desktop device and has a pretty nice mobile interface too.

https://xooxle.me
is the place where this huge amount of data is stored and accessible to the public.

Please give it a try and if you find it somehow useful I would love to get shared everywhere you think it might fit.

Suggestions, ideas and critics are much welcome.

Thanks for watching out.

Reactions: Fiestry
Hello all,
during the last year I developed a new type of website, at least I think so 😆
It is a search engine for referring webcam shows.
It has a fulltext search and gives potential users and guests the opportunity to find the matching show for their needs.

I know it is not near to perfection, but I do my best to improve it every day.

Up today the database holds more than 1.4 million cam perfomances. I use the official interfaces of the major platforms, such as Chaturbate, Stripchat, Bongacams etc.

Since yesterday the automatic announcements of actually started shows is working and gets pretty neat view counts.

The site supports access from a desktop device and has a pretty nice mobile interface too.

https://xooxle.me
is the place where this huge amount of data is stored and accessible to the public.

Please give it a try and if you find it somehow useful I would love to get shared everywhere you think it might fit.

Thanks for watching out.
Google colors in that combo are copyrighted - just fyi. I know this cos I wanted to include them in something and decided against it - they are sue happy.

Reactions: CamModelTools
Thanks for that information and for that I really consulted their documentation. And you are right! Even if my biz is located in the jurisdiction it would be better to avoid any hassle with them.
Coloring of logo will be changed asap.

Thanks for your heads up :)

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Repaired ... changed the colors slightly to some matching offset colors ... as long as I dont use the exact colors I should be safe. Thx again for the hint.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
I checked it out on mobile. The jumping magnifying glass was more than a little reminiscent of whack-a-mole and knocked a few points off my willingness to click any further through the site.

Just a tiny little tip: on Stripchat you can see a model's birthday by hovering over the model's age in the bio. I noticed since a model I visit there has the birthday listed as "guess : )"
I realize it's not polished yet, but looks okay on desktop so far!

ETA: the search function isn't very forgiving. I tried searching for the partial name of models I know, but nothing came up. DM me if you need examples ...

Reactions: CamModelTools
I checked it out on mobile. The jumping magnifying glass was more than a little reminiscent of whack-a-mole and knocked a few points off my willingness to click any further through the site.
So you think that animation is more annoying than funny ... thanks for your input ... will consider removing it ;)

Just a tiny little tip: on Stripchat you can see a model's birthday by hovering over the model's age in the bio. I noticed since a model I visit there has the birthday listed as "guess : )"

ETA: the search function isn't very forgiving. I tried searching for the partial name of models I know, but nothing came up. DM me if you need examples ...
I know that the birthday is available on the site. Because I am only reading their official API I dont have access to all details ... and I dont scrape the sites for any legal reason.

Thanks for your input on partial model name ... you can circumvent the problem by simply appending * at the end of the partial name et voila you will find them. This works only as a wildcard at the end of the search string.

E.g. ... ambercu does not find a single show, but ambercu* does :cool: ... maybe I will extend the search to be generic by default ... which might list somefalse positives ... hahahaaaa

Reactions: CheeseMoon
So you think that animation is more annoying than funny ... thanks for your input ... will consider removing it ;)
I didn't find it funny at all, no. :) I'm pretty much in the camp that websites should be clean and streamlined with key aspects placed directly in the user's natural eye path. I've done quite a few test panels where users were asked to navigate a site and software/cameras tracked their eye movements to determine where they looked first and last and not at all. It's interesting stuff.

Wow, there's something adult-webcam-themed that we agree on 100%.

I didn't find it funny at all, no. :) I'm pretty much in the camp that websites should be clean and streamlined with key aspects placed directly in the user's natural eye path. I've done quite a few test panels where users were asked to navigate a site and software/cameras tracked their eye movements to determine where they looked first and last and not at all. It's interesting stuff.
So I removed that annoying lens animation ... please check it out ...
I am by no means an UX designer ... my comfort zone is more backend and database ... hahahaa ...

And thanks for your guiding me and the site to be more usable. You input is much welcome!

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81

Now the search is more generic and searches with partial model names without the need for using wildcards :cool:

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Wow that's pretty cool! I think it's nice that you're open to people's feedback. A lot of people come here with ideas but double down every time someone has criticism.

Putting myself in the shoes of a member looking for a show, it looks like a very good tool. I tested it out and it seems to work well too. And I like the name.

I would consider to partner up with a web designer though. A more polished look would give a better first impression to those who are not familiar with your project.

ETA- I think you could include more categories maybe, so one could search for, for example, anal in the MILF category. And there could be the option to select search categories on the main page. If there is one, I cant see it. I can only pick categories when redirected to the results page, meaning i have to do a search first to have access to it, if im not mistaken.

Last edited:
So I removed that annoying lens animation ... please check it out ...
I am by no means an UX designer ... my comfort zone is more backend and database ... hahahaa ...

And thanks for your guiding me and the site to be more usable. You input is much welcome!
Much better!! 😀

Wow that's pretty cool! I think it's nice that you're open to people's feedback. A lot of people come here with ideas but double down every time someone has criticism.

Putting myself in the shoes of a member looking for a show, it looks like a very good tool. I tested it out and it seems to work well too. And I like the name.

I would consider to partner up with a web designer though. A more polished look would give a better first impression to those who are not familiar with your project.

ETA- I think you could include more categories maybe, so one could search for, for example, anal in the MILF category. And there could be the option to select search categories on the main page. If there is one, I cant see it. I can only pick categories when redirected to the results page, meaning i have to do a search first to have access to it, if im not mistaken.
Thanks for praise :)
I depend on critics, because I only have my own view on how I would use such a tool. The main idea behind all this was to have the ability to search for performers who provide something I am searching for. For finding what I am searching for I always had to visit at least all the major camming sites and use their searching system. And on most of them the results are not really what I was looking for. And on a lot of sites there is no real search.

I asked some models I am friends with for their ideas etc. and that site is the result. Additionally I run several cam aggregator sites using readymade scripts I have an in-depth view on the backend. I know how to collect the data the legal way. And I do all to respect the limits a performer might have ... like country blocking etc.

Sure, I want to earn money with it ... so all is done by using all of the available affiliate progams ...

Now to your idea to make the filter functions available on the main screen ... I have already considered that. And I will definetely implement it during the next days. It's also a great idea to introduce some more filtering options. But I have to admit that I do not really know how to implement that in a mobile friendly way. Any ideas regarding this are much welcome! But if one wants to search fpr special categories or fetishes the user can include this also in the search string .... this search is a fully indexed fulltext search ... so if a performer offers it the engine will find it.

It's unfortunate this user proved to be of the shady (or at least ignorant of rules) type and was trying to sell CB accounts. Please click any links in this thread with caution. This user's project(s) is not endorsed by ACF in any fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.