AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where's Wall-E (and other robots)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2010
Teesside, UK
As Amber just tweeted this i decided it deserved a repost here.
It is officially epic

and for those that want to be a little OCD-y(*) about it, i found this:

super quick edit, there is (was) a competition for naming all the robots. maybe a collective submission?

footnotes
(*) it should be called CDO, then it is in alphabetical order

Attachments

• U1GU1.jpg
    U1GU1.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 91
  • wall-enumbers1450.jpg
    wall-enumbers1450.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 91
Lydia_Deetz said:
Love it!

One question though, I saw the tin-man in there, he isn't actually a robot is he?

There is a Dalek in there too... not really a robot either.

The Tin Man would lead you to believe he's a golem. He is in fact basically a robot with a human brain however. He was originally human but after a curse was put on him for falling in love with a munchkin, he lopped off ALL of his body parts and had them replaced one at a time with the "tin" mechanical parts (can't be tin since tin doesn't rust). There was however a flesh golem created from his old parts (similar to Frankenstein's monster).
A "Dalek" is a robot that is controlled from inside by the real Dalek. Much the same as any Mecha is a robot. This depends a bit on how tough you define a robot, since some definitions would require it to be autonomous. The Dalek requires a driver, like a vehicle (can even be human) BUT so do a lot of things we consider robots (Robot Wars RC Robots) and even without direct drivers, many require a programmer.

Woody Allen from "Sleeper" (don't remember the character name) isn't technically a robot either - he's a human trying to pass himself off as one.

There is an impressive away from robots from a wide variety of geeky sources present in this pic though.

And I recognize far more than I probably should. ;)

Wow, great find Fenix/Amber :clap: - do you know the source?
(or the artist, I don't recognise the signature).
I can't believe how many are in there - there's even Metal Mickey (49) from a woeful British sitcom made early '80s (got the theme stuck in my head again, some things never go away however much you'd like them to).

And on the at-least-slightly-organic-robot list, you could add The Big Guy (59) - that was a robot with a pilot inside.

And 790 from the great sci-fi comedy Lexx (102) had parts of a human brain in his head which helped explain his pathological infatuation with Zev/Xev.

Totally made my morning :-D :dance:

Nice thread though... really great picture. Nice to see the cute little bots from Silent Running... great movie... Named Huey Dewey And Louie if I recall right...

.. and on that partly-organic theme, in Doctor Who the Cybermen are exactly that... human/robot hybrids... ;)

WickedTouch said:
Nice thread though... really great picture. Nice to see the cute little bots from Silent Running... great movie... Named Huey Dewey And Louie if I recall right...

.. and on that partly-organic theme, in Doctor Who the Cybermen are exactly that... human/robot hybrids... ;)

Moreso they're a robot built on top of an organic host. It's as human as a corpse and the robot merely takes advantage of the structures already built. That is if I convert a warehouse into office space, it's not really still a warehouse, I'm just using what was a warehouse. So it's a robot on an organic platform but I would hardly call it human.

Status
Not open for further replies.