AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Who the Hell Have You Seen Live?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2011
Major acts only please. Yeah, I know, they may be regionally famous, the best band you've ever seen live, etc., etc. But lets keep it to acts that have received a reasonable level of success and are relatively know. :-D

I've seen quite a few, and thinking about it, it has gotten to be quite an impressive list (although surely not as impressive as some).

In no particular order:
Aerosmith (3 times)
Metallica (5 times)
Van Halen (w/Hagar twice)
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Santana
Eagles
Ted Nugent
Queensryche (3 times)
Bon Jovi (as an opening act)
Poison
Ozzy
Pantera
Anthrax
Dio
Megadeth
Rush
Triumph
Scorpions
RATT
Dokken
Iron Maiden
The Who
Pat Benatar
Melissa Etheridge
Kenney Chesney
Lady Antebellum
Miranda Lambert
Bad Company (OK it really wasn't Bad Company at that point, just the guitarist and the name, no Paul Rodgers, so it really shouldn't count)
Jimmmy Buffett
The Beach Boys

Of course I left off most of the opening acts because they never quite got to that level.

Reactions: Daniella_Lixx
System of a Down
Powerman 5000
Kid Rock
Korn
Metallica (2 times)
Corrosions of Conformity
Blue October (2 times)
Evanescence
Seether
Three Days Grace
Finger Eleven
Lit
Breaking Benjamin
Saliva

They're a national band now, but still aren't hugely known, Shakodi. :)
Bands that are known nationally-Pillar.
I mostly stick to local stuff and the grunge garage band scene. :D

Ministry
Danzig
Bright Eyes
Blue Man Group
TONS of indie bands that came through town and stopped to stay at a little venue here.
There's more, but those are the ones worth listing.

Man... I need to make an effort to see more live music. It just sucks living in a small town and having to drive a minimum of 4 hours to see anyone worth spending the money on.

A lot of these I'm not proud of. For some of them, I was young and impressionable (Lordi? Green Day? Avenged Sevenfold? WTF was I thinking?). For some of them, I was simply at a festival and sitting through them in order to stay close to the stage for the next band (Lostprophets, Killers, Nightwish). But here be a relatively comprehensive list of all the bands I've seen live. I dug up my festival programs and went through them. Some of these bands, I'd completely forgotten seeing until the program jogged my memory. Some of them were shit, but many of them were great...

The 5,6,7,8's
50 Cent
Alice In Chains
Tony Allen
Alter Bridge
The Answer
Apocalyptica
Arcade Fire
Arch Enemy
Art Brut
As I Lay Dying
Ash
Auf Der Maur
Avenged Sevenfold
Babyshambles
The Bays
Bjork
Aloe Blacc
Black Sabbath
Blackalicious
Bloc Party
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Buck 65
Coheed & Cambria
The Coral
Graham Coxon
The Cure
The Darkness
Dave Matthews Band
Deftones
Dinosaur Jr
Dizzee Rascal
Dragonforce
Dropkick Murphys
Dwarves
Editors
Elbow
Errors
The Fiery Furnaces
Fishbone
Fleetwood Mac
Foo Fighters
Fozzy
Franz Ferdinand
Fuck Buttons
The Futureheads
Gallows
The Gaslight Anthem
The Glitterati
The Go! Team
Goldie Lookin' Chain
Green Day
Guns N' Roses
Hot Chip
The Hours
Hundred Reasons
Billy Idol
Iggy & The Stooges
Iron Maiden
Keane
The Killers
Korn
Lacuna Coil
Ladytron
Larry Graham & Graham Central Station
The Libertines
Lordi
Lostprophets
Marilyn Manson
Imelda May
MC5
Megadeth
Metallica
MGMT
M.I.A
Modest Mouse
Mogwai
Morrissey
Motorhead
Nightwish
Nine Inch Nails
No Comply
The Offspring
Orange Goblin
The Others
Pixies
Placebo
Prince
The Prodigy
Queen Adreena
Queens Of The Stone Age
Rage Against The Machine
Razorlight
Reel Big Fish
The Research
Ringo Death Starr
Henry Rollins (spoken word)
The Roots
Roots Manuva
Slayer
Slipknot
The Smashing Pumpkins
The Streets
System Of A Down
Tinie Tempah
Tool
Trivium
U2
Underoath
Vampire Weekend
VHS Or Beta
The Wedding Present
The White Stripes

B52s
Cheap Trick
Travis
Black Dahlia Murder x 10 (dated a dude from another band they toured with not as a fan)
Misfits (just Michael Graves version) with
DI
Agnostic Front
Balzac
The Damned
The Bangles

mynameisbob84 said:
A lot of these I'm not proud of. For some of them, I was young and impressionable (Lordi? Green Day? Avenged Sevenfold? WTF was I thinking?). For some of them, I was simply at a festival and sitting through them in order to stay close to the stage for the next band (Lostprophets, Killers, Nightwish). But here be a relatively comprehensive list of all the bands I've seen live. I dug up my festival programs and went through them. Some of these bands, I'd completely forgotten seeing until the program jogged my memory. Some of them were shit, but many of them were great...

Deleted the list for readability purposes. Knew someone would have a more impressive list than I. Kinda figured it would be you. We have obviously different tastes, but I do see some overlap. The one you've seen that I am truly jealous is Fleetwood Mac.

Rock on, my friend.

Forgive me, I am country music girl growing up in the south and all...

Kenny Chesney (twice)
Toby Keith
Sugarland (twice)
Brad Paisley
Brooks and Dunn
Big and Rich
Jason Aldean
Reba
Uncle Cracker
Tim Mcgraw
Rascal Flatts
Hinder
Papa Roach
Saving Abel
Nickelback (best concert EVER! More like a party than concert)

I had tickets to see Aerosmith a few years ago, when he decided to cancel half his tour, unfortunately the tickets I had were one of the shows that got cancelled )=

Kings of Leon x2
Snow Patrol
Shed 7 x3
Ian Brown x4 (former lead singer of the Stone Roses)
Chris Helme
Oasis x4
The Twang
The Doves
Editors
White Lies
Dizzie Rascal
The Libertines
Miles Kane
Stereophonics
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
James Brown :dance: (supporting the above!)

Very very English list :lol:

ElaySmith said:

=

No need to ask for forgiveness. As oxymoronic as this may sound, in my opinion country music rocks. In fact, in a couple of weeks I'm going to add Brad Paisley to my list (along with The Band Perry and Scotty McCreery).

This thread is meant to be a celebration of live music and enjoyable concerts, not a "pissing contest" to see who has seen the "coolest" or "most relevant" artists.

Hell, I'm a "redneck rocker" from Texas. From Miranda Lambert to Metallica and everything in between, all is good.

Reactions: ElaySmith
RogueWarrior said:
ElaySmith said:

=

No need to ask for forgiveness. As oxymoronic as this may sound, in my opinion country music rocks. In fact, in a couple of weeks I'm going to add Brad Paisley to my list (along with The Band Perry and Scotty McCreery).

This thread is meant to be a celebration of live music and enjoyable concerts, not a "pissing contest" to see who has seen the "coolest" or "most relevant" artists.

Hell, I'm a "redneck rocker" from Texas. From Miranda Lambert to Metallica and everything in between, all is good.

Indeed, I'm a late-twentysomething Britpop kid from England but I love a bit of country,

My dad was always listing to country (and randomly Meatloaf :think: ) and it greatly influenced me and my music tastes, although now predominantly liking the genre I grew up with and can identify with I have time for all sorts

Nothing worse than a music snob, in my opinion! Theres merits in all music, except Dubstep :lol:

Reactions: RogueWarrior
This is by no means a comprehensive list and the Big Country December 31st 1984 gig at the Edinburgh Playhouse comes out tops... a fantastic show where over 3300 fans made the place MOVE! Best New Years Eve party ever. :-D

AC/DC (1986)
Alice Cooper (1986)
B.B. King (1985) (1986)
Big Country (1983 - March & Sept) (1984)
Black Sabbath (1986)
Blue Oyster Cult (1985)
Bon Jovi (1985)
Camel (1982)
Chaka Khan (1985)
Chris De Burgh (1986)
Chris Rea (1985)
Commodores (1985 - Feb & Sept)
Daryl Hall and John Oates (1982)
David Bowie (1985)
Dio (with Queensryche) (1984)
Dire Straits (1982) (1985 – July & Dec)
Elton John (1985)
Eric Clapton (1985)
Eurythmics (1983)
Foreigner (1982) (1985)
Gary Moore (1980) (1983) (1985)
Gary Numan (1983)
George Benson (1985)
Go West (1985)
Hawkwind (1985)
Ian Gillan Band (1980)
INXS (1986)
Iron Maiden (1983) (1984)
Jackson Browne (1986)
Joan Armatrading (1985) (1986)
Judie Tzuke (1982) (1985)
Kiss (with Bon Jovi) (1984)
Level 42 (1985)
LIVE AID (1985)
Madness (1981)
Magnum (1985)
Marillion (1983) (1985)
Meat Loaf (1982) (1983) (1984) (1985) (1987)
Midge Ure (1985)
Nazareth (1981)
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (1981) (1983)
Ozzy Osbourne (1986)
Paul Young (1984)
Peter Gabriel (1983)
Queen (with Heart) (1982) and (1985)
Rainbow (1983)
REO Speedwagon (1985)
Robert Plant (1983) (1988)
Sade (1984) (1985 – twice)
Saxon (1983) (1985)
Simple Minds (1981) (1982) (1983)
Status Quo (1984)
Steve Hackett (1981) (1983)
Sting (1986)
The Electric Light Orchestra (1981)
The Everly Brothers (1984)
The Hollies (1985)
The Jam (1982)
The Moody Blues (1984)
The Police (1981) (1983)
The Pretenders (1981)
The Stranglers (1983) (1985)
The Temptations (1985)
The Who (1981)
Thin Lizzy (1983)
Tom Waits (1985)
U2 (1985)
Ultravox (1981) (1982) (1986)
Wasp (1986)
Whitesnake (1980) (1981) (1983) (1984)

Reactions: LilyMarie
I don't ever really get the opportunity to see bands.
I've seen Backstreet Boys, KoRn, Evanescence, Flyleaf, Combichrist.
Probably a few others I don't remember who's names escape me.

Satanie said:
I don't ever really get the opportunity to see bands.
I've seen Backstreet Boys, KoRn, Evanescence, Flyleaf, Combichrist.
Probably a few others I don't remember who's names escape me.

I totally forgot about Backstreet Boys....I saw them around 98'ish, when they were really popular and I saw Britney Spears around 2000. Gosh that seems like so long ago! Can't believe I forgot to add them to my list!

2004: Pink - I had the chance to say hi to her before the concert, which was AMAZING. It was a surprise, and little 13 year old me started shaking and stuttering like crazy when I realized what was going on.
2006: Taking Back Sunday
2006: hellogoodbye
2007: My Chemical Romance
2010: Owl City
2010: A Fine Frenzy
2011: The Naked and Famous

I know I'm lame. But my favourite bands never come here, even though I'd pay a lot of money to see them live :(

Let's see, saw Korn live back in the 90s. Won tickets to that. It was so hot in the place, they opened the doors, and it did nothing. And it was snowing outside.

Almost saw Foo Fighters a few years later from, again, won tickets, but I was too tired, and passed out, and I gave my tickets to my friend.

Then, last year, saw Foo Fighters on their first night of their tour. Was firstly deafened by Motorhead. Then had 3 hours of straight Foo. Had my face rocked the hell off. Kicked myself even more for missing them in the 90s. But it was in the same place as Korn, and there were heat strokes in there, at 120 degrees, soooo.... a light kicking myself.

Almost saw Puscifer in Decmber last year, but my truck broke down, so I sold that ticket. Poopy.

This seems to be mostly a list of almosts. I hardly ever go to concerts. Not sure why, suree enjoyed the hell out of the Foo concert, even if Motorhead did blow my eardrums.

Not to say Motorhead was bad or anything, but they are THE LOUDEST BAND ON EARTH. Certified as such, even. Ridiculous.

infected mushroom twice
beats antique
bassnectar three times
skrillex
the crystal method twice
saw a little bit of m.i.a ( i now facepalm when i think of this. mia and bassnectar were playing at the same time at a festival and i was dumb enough to choose bassnectar over mia because it was my first time seeing him. his performance was great but mia isnt an easy performace to catch while im sure i will see bassnectar at least twice more without even trying. )
glitch mob

Im likely older than the average age here, but the concert that made me realize that I was too old for this shit was NIN opened by Jim Rose's Traveling Circus. We had floor seats and got to wander around and hang out with the crews etc, but as soon as NIN came on, everyone in the stands poured down to the floor and it was one long mosh pit, fights and survival of the fittest. I couldnt tell you one song they played because i was beating someone or getting beaten. Im more sit on the lawn at Great Woods type of fan now.

Let's see...

Static X
Powerman 5000 (2 times)
Rehab (2 times)
Tech N9ne
Alice Cooper
Cheap Trick
Lynyrd Skynyrd
REO Speedwagon
Tesla
Trapt
Reverend Horton Heat
Nashville Pussy
Hed PE
Breaking Benjamin
Opeth
Puddle of Mudd
Theory of a Deadman
Darude
Infected Mushroom
Wolfgang Gartner (bout to see him again soon)
Utah Saints
Adam F
Doorly
Manufactured Superstars
Skrillex
Incubus

Annnd going to see Faderhead soon
also, Justice ^_^

Mostly metal shows, last show I went to was in 2009. :sad7: Makes me sad, because I love live metal gigs.

3 Inches of Blood
Aborted
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
At The Gates
Behemoth x2
Black Sabbath x2
Cannibal Corpse
Carcass
Children of Bodom
Chthonic
Dimmu Borgir
Dragonlord
Dublin Death Patrol
GWAR x2
Heaven and Hell
In Flames x2
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest x2
Lacuna Coil x2
Lääz Rockit
Meshuggah
Ministry
Motorhead
Municipal Waste
Nile
Ozzy Osbourne x2
Repulsion
Slayer x3
Soilwork
Strapping Young Lad
Suffocation
Suicidal Tendencies
Superjoint Ritual
Testament
The Haunted

Reactions: Daniella_Lixx
Backstreet Boys
Dope
Mushroomhead (like 5 freaking times)
Psyclon 9
Frontline Assembly
Dimmu Borgir
Enslaved
As Summer Dies
Static X
Otep
Down
System of a Down
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Label Society
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
Lamb of God
Lacuna Coil
Hatebreed
All that Remains
Strapping Young Lad
Behemoth
Devildriver

There might be more but Id have to think some more :)

In (mostly) order:

The Moody Blues (first concert!)
Weird Al
Mindless Self Indulgence
TOOL
Modest Mouse
Of Montreal
Bassnectar
The Toasters (x2)
Voltaire
David J (x2)
The Slackers
Star Fucking Hipsters
Starfucker
Fucked Up
Slow Poisoner
They Might Be Giants
Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Authority Zero
Voodoo Glow Skulls

Hopefully in 2012 this list will become much longer...

Reactions: Jolene
My list is limited for a few reasons, I don't like going to concerts by myself and my friends and I have very different taste in music. That and a lot of concert prices were just crazy to me, Rammstein was down in Illinois last year and the cheapest tickets for clearly not the best seats in the house were still over 200 dollars. That and a lot of bands I'm into either broken up, or died before I was old enough to go to a concert, or just simply never knew Wisconsin existed when planning a tour.

Seen GWAR plenty because thats the one band my friends and I can agree on seeing and have not paid more than 25 dollars to see.

I saw Dropkick Murphy's for 10 dollars at like a 200 person max venue, still one of the funnest things I've ever experienced. I was alone at this show, so the time in between bands sucked and I spent most of my time near the merchandise table- was fun though because all the bands were just hanging out near the back anyway so did get a chance to have a brief conversation with everyone there, and buy some shirts I've never even seen available everywhere else that I still wear 10 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.