AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Who the Hell Have You Seen Live?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive seen so much live music but mostly electronic acts I dont think yall care about. Some of the better known ones are:

Daft Punk
Bassnectar
Wu Tang Clan (well Wu Massacre, but close enough)
Snoop Dogg
Carl Cox!!!!!!'
Crookers
Phish
The Black Keys
Gene Ween
Theivery Corporation
Wiz Kalifa
Ween
Nas
Damien Marley
Pretty Lights
Diplo
RJD2
Bonobo

Oh I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. I used to see at least one show a week. I was such a nut.

Armin Van Burren
Pretty Lights
Le Castle Vania
Benni Benassi
Markus Schulz
Kaskade
Deadmau5
Calvin Harris
Alesso
ATB
Gabriel and Dresden
Nero
Crizzly
Porter Robinson
Steve Aoki

Probably A LOT more EDM artists, but this is what I could think of off the top of my head!

Nirvana, Tool (1993), New Order, Shellac, Slint, Sonic Youth (1992), Violent Femmes, Silverchair x3 (not by choice mind you lol), Santana, Dire Straits (yawn), Fugazi, Tortoise, Will Oldham, Evergreen, The Flaming Lips, The Jesus Lizard, Ween, Hole, Beck, Pavement like 4 times, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr, Mudhoney, Rage Against the Machine (1993)
About a couple thousand others lol
I went to the UK for a few months in 1993, wrote in a little book all the bands I saw while I was there - was over 600

If you've not read it yet, I reckon you'd dig the book "Our Band Could Be Your Life". It chronicles a bunch on the late 80s/early 90s post-punk/hardcore/indie bands that threatened to get big in the run-up to Nirvana (Black Flag, Dinosaur Jr, Husker Du, Sonic Youth, Fugazi, Mudhoney, Replacements etc.).

mynameisbob84 said:
If you've not read it yet, I reckon you'd dig the book "Our Band Could Be Your Life". It chronicles a bunch on the late 80s/early 90s post-punk/hardcore/indie bands that threatened to get big in the run-up to Nirvana (Black Flag, Dinosaur Jr, Husker Du, Sonic Youth, Fugazi, Mudhoney, Replacements etc.).
Sounds good, I'll have to check that out - hopefully it doesn't send me into a spiral of remorse and nostalgia tho lol. I met the guys from Fugazi, Ian McKay wouldn't let me smoke backstage because it was 'bad for the kids to see it' lol. Also had birthday cake with Sonic Youth (was Kim's birthday), I have a Goo t-shirt with stuff written all over it and signed by them. Lee Ranaldo drew a picture lol.

Jupiter551 said:
I went to the UK for a few months in 1993, wrote in a little book all the bands I saw while I was there - was over 600

600 bands "in a few months"! :eek:

Jupiter551 said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Sounds good, I'll have to check that out - hopefully it doesn't send me into a spiral of remorse and nostalgia tho lol. I met the guys from Fugazi, Ian McKay wouldn't let me smoke backstage because it was 'bad for the kids to see it' lol. Also had birthday cake with Sonic Youth (was Kim's birthday), I have a Goo t-shirt with stuff written all over it and signed by them. Lee Ranaldo drew a picture lol.

You bastard!

:? Um, wait. I think what I meant to say is I'm very jealous :)
McKaye sounds like such an awesome dood from everything I've read about him. Minor Threat are in the book too so there's a whole bunch of stuff about McKaye in there. He refused to let any of his albums sell for more than $10 and he had similar guidelines in place for the live shows to prevent kids from getting ripped off. The cops used to shut his shows down a lot in the 80s, so whenever that happened, they'd always relocate to wherever they could and finish the shows.

In order..

Aerosmith was my first concert with my parents
Backstreet Boys was my first concert of my own devices
New Found Glory and Good Charlotte
Blink 182 and No Doubt
From First to Last
Bad Religion and Rise Against
Bunch of random hardcore and indie bands.. circa survive and coheed and cambria ishh types, including those
Brand New
Gym Class Heroes and Streetlight Manifesto
Connor Oberst and Wilco
311 and Snoop Dog or was it Slightly Stoopid and Snoop Dog? Maybe both, I've seen Snoop twice.
Deadmau5 and Armin Van Buren, not together.
Skillex

Way more but I can't really remember the little bands names.

Lynyrd Skynyrd
ZZ Top

..... Yeah I suck :( Missed every Disturbed, Metallica and A7X show in my immediate area.

I won't bother with a full list as my memory bank access system ain't the best. Majority of gigs I've seen have been at Glastonbury or other festivals. A friend said a few days ago "Spinal Tap would be awesome live", I agreed - had to call him the next day and confirm they are awesome live, after a flashback to the show.

Cream of the crop that springs to mind:

Buddy Guy - I was welling up
Daft Punk
Neil Young
David Bowie
Cypress Hill
Jeff Mills
Public Enemy
Kris Kristofferson
DJ Pierre
Green Velvet
Rolf Harris

Favourite live show moment was sitting with a few thousand people on the grass watching James. On the cry of "Sit Down" everybody stood up, for about three minutes & then sat back down.

edit:

Cast deserve a mention. I thought I knew one or two songs and wasn't very keen on them. Turned out I knew pretty much every song they played and hearing them live instilled far more than the casual dislike I once had.

Reactions: LucyGoodtimes
Top of my head: shitload of Dead shows, Clapton, Allmans, George Clinton/P-Funk, Burning Spear, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins, Jimmy Cliff, Crystal Method, Beach Boys, Koko Taylor, Cake, Goldfinger, G.Love & Special Sauce,

Wish I was lucky enough to have seen GNR when they were at their peak. This show is epic! Love how much fun everyone is having, all the songs are note perfect and after watching totally see why girls threw themselves at the band esp Axl and Slash.

Majority of the music I've seen live has been local bands. Support local music! Lol. But I've seen GWAR live once, and OMG it was amazing! Haha So much fun! I've also seen Circa Survive(which is byfar my FAVORITE band!) I got to meet Anthony Green, I got his autograph twice(phone case, and setlist), and I got a pretty cute picture with him! haha! I'm kind of obsessed :p I also saw Rx Bandits, VooDoo Glow Skulls, and The Slackers. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: VeronicaChaos
Cher- My very first live concert. Saw it with my Uncles. Yes, they're gay! LOL
Fleetwood Mac
Metallica
Tom Petty
Sonny Kenner
Ray Charles
The Urge
Dr. Zhivegas
Leon Redbone
Aaron Neville
Alison Krause
JD Mcpherson

WOW :eek:

All of these lists are so impressive!

My first concert was my dad's when I was 4 >.<

but my first big concert was Britney Spears with my dad's ex wife :pukeleft: for my 12th Birthday

I saw the very briefly popular band Not By Choice, at a youth festival in 2003, got to meet them and they signed my purse for me (incase they one day became ultrafamous) and also the cute, really good smelling drummer gave me a hug! At 13 with no self-esteem, I died!
3830236664_2b9db9f04c.jpg
, i didn't really listen to the music, i was just staring at the drummer :drool:

Then my friends dragged me to see Panic at the Disco in 2006, I enjoyed to no name opener bands then I did them lol

and the concert I was the most proud of to attend was VAN HALEN! (2007) Shitty seats, didn't matter music was awesome! Damien Marley :h: and some other shit band opened for them. Wish I could've gone back in time to see a concert with both David Lee Roth & Micheal Anthony playing on the same stage. Wolfgang just had no expression to his playing.

not very many here :(

Colin James
Henry Rollins

passed on System of a Down because I thought the tix were too much

RogueWarrior said:
Altamont? Really? The West Coast debacle that was headlined by the Stones and had security run by Hells Angels?

I'm curious, do you have any good stories?

just saw this, roque.....
no...i don't have any good stories about it, unless you wanna hear just how bad it was (the music was great, but it was badly planned and poorly run....a table hastily set around jagger's "sympathy for the devil" as the centerpiece, which just HAD to be presented at sundown....never mind that two groups had cancelled and a helluva lot people had 90 minutes with too much time on their hands).....if i was given the chance to ask one person one question, near the top of my list would be asking jagger wtf he was thinking...or what it felt like to play lucifer during the creation of hell.
i grew up with free concerts by the dead, jefferson airplane, janis joplin, the youngbloods, richie havens, etc in golden gate park....it was music for the people.....while it probably had some commercial value to someone, it never crossed our minds that it mattered.
altamont changed all that.

I've never been the concert planner more of the concert tagalong so mines short and weird.. which I'm saddened by cuz I used to be the biggest music nerd...

Destiny's Child (pre Beyonce doin her own thang oh and BBMAK opened ahaha anyone remember them?)
Mobb Deep
Alice in Chains
Velvet Revolver
The Fray
The Black Crowes

Emilie Autumn!
Voltaire
Glee... >>;;;

I want to see Amanda Palmer, though,

RogueWarrior said:
bob said:
csn&y
jackson browne
grateful dead
altamont
janis joplin
doors
country joe macdonald
santana
jefferson airplane
tom waits
ravi shankar
the band
chambers brothers
smokey robinson
arlo gutherie
joni mitchell
the byrds
mamas and papas
the youngbloods

haven't been to a concert in 20 years :shhh:

Altamont? Really? The West Coast debacle that was headlined by the Stones and had security run by Hells Angels?

I'm curious, do you have any good stories?

Me too!!! My Uncle was there but he will not talk about those days... I think he is too ashamed to admit he does not remember them (he used a lot of drugs).

My live shows as best as I can remember:

Phish '03 break up tour at Alpine
Pearl Jam headlining for Tom Petty ( I was a fan of both which is why I bought the tickets, but it was funny to see how many were there for either or)
Tool (Maynard faced the back of the stage the whole time...)
That 1 guy ( may be considered marginally famous but you should really check him out, he is a one man band with a home made instrument)
Boombox
Pretty Lights
Robby Kreiger
Bob Wier
Alice Cooper x2
Roger Waters- Dark Side of the Moon Tour (easily the best show I have ever been to)

Phish '09 Reunion Tour at Bonnaroo (also where I saw the following bands)
Bruce Springsteen
Beastie Boys
Al Green
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
MGMT
Snoop Dog
Lauren Hill
NIN ( announced it they were finishing tour in Europe and disbanding :( )

Dave Matthews Band
John Brown's Body
Boombox
Pretty Lights
Widespread Panic

The Black Keys x3 (I won free tickets to one of these shows, such a great moment and story!)
Kings of Leon (sucked live)
The Shins (also suck live)
OK GO
Portugal the Man
Primus (sucks-cause only a true Primus fan would know this :)
Metallica
Phish again at Outside Lands
Along with many other shows at that festival that I cannot recall every single one at the moment)

Most Recent:
The Pixies - small cities tour (they were freaking amazing played all of Doolittle and some B side tracks)
Diamond Rings
Twin Shadow
Menomena
Easy Star All Stars
Roger Waters- The Wall Tour

Guess those are the ones that stick out in my memory the most :) I am interested to know what you guys would say is your most memorable show!

Kid Cudi (amazing)
Justin Bieber (don't judge me, I have a little sister!! haha)
Rihanna (she was terrible)
Katy Perry (did not want to go, but it turned out to be awesome!)
Usher & Akon (reeaaalllyyy did not want to go, but it was alright. Usher really can sing!)
Bombay Bicycle Club (meh)
Two Door Cinema Club (twice.. the first time was the best!)
Awolnation (terrible live)
The Naked & Famous (amazing live!!)
Young The Giant
Coldplay (AMAZING)
Foster The People (got blackout drunk so I don't remember sadly)
Imagine Dragons (best concert I've seen, by far) - I got to meet the lead singer and have my picture taken with him
Walk The Moon - Went to see them this weekend and they were amazing! I met the lead singer & got a pic, and I got a pic with the hot bass player who called me cute!! :dance:

And I'm going to go see Mother Mother next month.. oh and Said The Whale too!

AngelaAmazing said:

Pearl Jam headlining for Tom Petty ( I was a fan of both which is why I bought the tickets, but it was funny to see how many were there for either or)
That 1 guy ( may be considered marginally famous but you should really check him out, he is a one man band with a home made instrument)
Boombox
Pretty Lights
Robby Kreiger
Bob Wier
Alice Cooper x2
Roger Waters- Dark Side of the Moon Tour (easily the best show I have ever been to)

Bruce Springsteen
Beastie Boys
Al Green
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
MGMT
Snoop Dog
Lauren Hill

Dave Matthews Band
John Brown's Body
Boombox
Pretty Lights
Widespread Panic

The Black Keys x3 (I won free tickets to one of these shows, such a great moment and story!)
OK GO
Portugal the Man
Metallica
Along with many other shows at that festival that I cannot recall every single one at the moment)

Most Recent:
The Pixies - small cities tour (they were freaking amazing played all of Doolittle and some B side tracks)
Diamond Rings
Twin Shadow
Menomena
Easy Star All Stars

Guess those are the ones that stick out in my memory the most :) I am interested to know what you guys would say is your most memorable show!

Great list, bb :thumbleft:

Although I'd disagree about The Shins sucking live. I saw them earlier this year and thought they were really good. Also, Nine Inch Nails are apparently gonna be touring again next year. I wouldn't mind seeing 'em again :)

mynameisbob84 said:
AngelaAmazing said:

Boombox
Pretty Lights
Robby Kreiger
Bob Wier
Alice Cooper x2

Bruce Springsteen
Beastie Boys
Al Green
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
MGMT
Snoop Dog
Lauren Hill

Dave Matthews Band
John Brown's Body
Boombox
Pretty Lights
Widespread Panic

OK GO
Portugal the Man
Metallica

Most Recent:
Diamond Rings
Twin Shadow
Menomena
Easy Star All Stars

Great list, bb :thumbleft:

Although I'd disagree about The Shins sucking live. I saw them earlier this year and thought they were really good. Also, Nine Inch Nails are apparently gonna be touring again next year. I wouldn't mind seeing 'em again :)

Yes I should have clarified that I saw them at an outdoor venue and the sound was really shitty so I would be interested in seeing them indoors! Also I would love to see NIN again and his new band How to Destroy Angels!

not in order because I have such a hard time remembering who I say, never mind when hahahah
backstreet boys
eric's trip
kanye west
lady gaga
red hot chili peppers
why?
black lips
andrew jackson jihad
blonde redhead
bright eyes
feist
crystal castles (although it was such a bust! short set, the worst really)
deer tick
edward sharpe and the magnetic zeroes
mstrkrft
of montreal
and others, but I really have the worst memory ever, oops! and unfortunately not a lot of artists come to my hometown :(

seeing Paul McCartney tonight!!! I am so excited for it!!!!

AngelaAmazing said:
Yes I should have clarified that I saw them at an outdoor venue and the sound was really shitty so I would be interested in seeing them indoors! Also I would love to see NIN again and his new band How to Destroy Angels!

I need to listen to some more HTDA. I think all I've heard so far is the EP they put out a few years ago. NIN were pretty immense when I saw them. They cheat a little in that they have a backing track they play to, but the combination of the stuff on the backing track and the stuff they're playing live gives them such a huge sound that it's well worth it. And Ladytron were in support when I saw 'em too. Which was nice :)

poca_ said:
seeing Paul McCartney tonight!!! I am so excited for it!!!!

I'm jealous :) I saw McCartney play two songs when he came onstage for the encore of the Springsteen gig I was at earlier this year. They played "Saw Her Standing There" and "Twist and Shout" and it was awesome (even if the police did pull the plug half way through their second playthrough of "Twist and Shout" :naughty:). I would like to see McCartney solo though.

LucyGoodtimes said:
Wabi_Sabi said:
Cream of the crop that springs to mind:

Public Enemy
Green Velvet

Wabi you've seen PE and Green Velvet?? Jealous!! How was Green Velvet?!?

Seen him 4 or 5 times but most of the time he was DJ'ing, he's top notch either way but when he's got all his widgets instead of just decks he's the bee's knees, one of the few dance guys I've seen who get more worked up than the drug addled crowd. He's DJ'ing here tonight and I can't make make it which is a bit shit :(

Wow some of you have these really long lists
I kinda feel like a poopyface

I saw Peter, Paul and Mary twice before Mary passed away :)
Even got to bring her flowers on stage once. :)
Loved it!

Reactions: Nordling
I have seen: (Not in order)

Madonna (x2)
Prince (x2)
Harry Connick Jr
Pixies
Third Eye Blind (Excellent)
Blink 182
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bjork