AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do camsites disallow being intoxicated on cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't consent when you're intoxicated.

IMO thats the biggest reason...... along with poor decision making.

mfc doesnt seem to care in the slightest lol i drink there all the time as do many other girls

Reactions: SoTxBob and Mira_xo
I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with

becoming over intoxicated and passing out on cam. Traffic will suffer on a cam site full of unconscious models.

No, I'm pretty sure it's consent.

Cause you know what you can do when you're passed out, or over intoxicated for that matter.....

Consent.

Consent is a beautiful thing. I think we could suffice with that information.

Cause you know what you can do when you're passed out, or over intoxicated for that matter.....

Consent.

Consent is a beautiful thing. I think we could suffice with that information.

I didn't say consent doesn't play a part. But, you also have to consider it's banned for solo models as well. There aren't really any consent issues if I'm physically alone in a room by myself.

I didn't say consent doesn't play a part. But, you also have to consider it's banned for solo models as well. There aren't really any consent issues if I'm physically alone in a room by myself.

You don't have to be in the same with some asshat that is asking you to shove a champagne bottle up your ass to be unable to consent to doing it. If you're by yourself and your drunken self decides to oblige that request.... thats you having no consent to doing something. you're viewing things very unilaterally here. Broaden your perspective!

I have to disagree simply because from a legal perspective I doubt a site like chaturbate cares enough to posture up on your behalf like that. Especially for something you did to yourself while drunk. Although I am no legal expert.

I have to disagree simply because from a legal perspective I doubt a site like chaturbate cares enough to posture up on your behalf like that. Especially for something you did to yourself while drunk. Although I am no legal expert.

nope. it's consent. you have to consent to any type of show, usually intoxicated people are unable to coherently give consent. also they might do something totally against the rules because their thinking is impaired.

I think all of the reasons listed above are good reasons for forbidding intoxication. Obviously consent is #1, but the potential for just passing out or getting unruly and making the site look bad is still a valid reason. I once saw a camgirl who was just drinking and angrily rambling - no sexual content, no privates - and it looked reeeeally bad and probably drove a few customers away.

That last line might be true - if you were alone in your room and not interacting with another human being. But you are interacting with many human beings with camming. Physical location has nothing to do with it. If you are too drunk to consent to sexual acts with a physical partner, then you are also too drunk to consent with online partners. I mean... You have seen the vultures who swoop down to prey on new girls, right? The vultures swoop down to prey on drunk models too, and try to push them to do things that are past their sober-boundaries, simply for the member's benefit.

Also, I don't care about legal perspectives when it comes to consent. The law is so fucked up. A guy can literally get caught raping a passed out girl, and the law says it's okay. It obviously isn't. So judging consent based on legalities isn't the best things, imo. Are the cam sites covering their asses? Probably. Is it a rule placed by their payment processors? Maybe. But I think that saying it is purely for legalities is a little too simple, and dismisses the actual moralities that are supposed to be behind the legalities.

Drunk humans cannot consent to sex acts, whether these acts take place on the Internet or in person. People will definitely try to take advantage of a drunk cam model.

Consent is important whether or not someone is physically with you or watching you over camera. You can force someone to masturbate, or take advantage of their inebriated state to make them do what you want them to. Just in the way that some members try to blackmail models into doing what they want. They are not physically touching them, but they are gaining sexual reward by using force.

It is a very difficult road to navigate on whether anyone would be to blame in this situation, because a member could be indirectly taking advantage of the models current physical condition which causes her to not be fully in control of her decisions. The member might not be aware of this. Not dissimilar to if a prostitute were being trafficked and forced to see clients by a pimp, but the clients were unaware of this. The prostitute is being raped/forced to consent, but where does that leave the client who has taken advantage of the situation?
Bringing alcohol and excessive inebriation into the mix complicates matters and I can see why camsites would not want consent to ever be questioned. It's a matter with so much grey in it that it is impossible to navigate. The cam model chooses to drink alcohol and put themselves in that position by getting on cam, but then there are certain acts that a model would not ordinarily perform.

I came on cam with two of my friends years ago while we were drinking at my place. Neither of them had ever cammed and wanted to see what it was like. One thing led to another and people kept tipping us. We didn't really do much, though one of my friends got very excited and at one point said "X amount of tokens and I'll dildo myself!", to which I put my foot down (much to the disappointment of the members). She was very drunk, she was getting excited by the attention and the tokens. But I know that she did not want to do that, and she never would have said that had she not been drinking. She came to her senses after I said no and thanked me, but the guys in the room were still trying to pressure her into it and started tipping for it. I could have seen how had she not been with me that they could have taken advantage of that and forced her into doing it.

It is easy to say "but they aren't in the same room!" as an excuse to say that the person behind the camera couldn't be forced. But peer pressure when you're on screen can be pretty intense, especially if you aren't used to it. Let alone if you weren't in a consenting adults frame of mind.

So yes, I imagine it is largely due to consent and the sites making sure they cannot be held liable. I could see there is also the possibility, due to the nature of the work, that they don't want to be accused of encouraging girls to drink. If girls are encouraged to be intoxicated on camera then there are likely a whole load of things to worry about, addiction, death, consent etc. So by having a flat ban you basically eliminate that risk.

Chaturbate doesn't allow drinking on cam at all, even if you're over 21. I've drank on there before, but I was discreet about it and drank a mixed drink out of a non see-through cup. Also, I once got a warning for drinking on cam when I wasn't even drinking-I was stone cold sober and drinking an energy drink. lol Grays on there are report-happy, and their policy is warn/ban first, investigate later.

I see girls drinking on MFC all the time and I drink on there as well. I don't think SM has any rules against drinking either.

I don't think SM has any rules against drinking either.

They do. You're not supposed to be drunk, high, drinking, or smoking weed. That doesn't stop anyone from having a discreet mixed drink, or wine in a coffee mug, however. If you can't see what's in my cup, I can't get in trouble, especially if I'm composed and don't seem drunk.

It's nice being able to openly drink on MFC, though. I've been tipped for appreciation of the type of beer I was drinking before.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
They do. You're not supposed to be drunk, high, drinking, or smoking weed. That doesn't stop anyone from having a discreet mixed drink, or wine in a coffee mug, however. If you can't see what's in my cup, I can't get in trouble, especially if I'm composed and don't seem drunk.

It's nice being able to openly drink on MFC, though. I've been tipped for appreciation of the type of beer I was drinking before.
Does SM permit non-alcoholic wine?

It doesn't matter. You can PRETEND to be drunk and get in trouble. The core issue is the ASSUMPTION of intoxication. The sites are private companies and not the government they don't need due process to take an action. I know a SM model that got a warning taking 'shots' from a vodka bottom full of water.

We are talking about the same site that will ban you for calling a member 'daddy'.

I don't know why you'd want to drink it, but it's still wine, so probably not. Same with non-alcoholic beer. I personally don't get drinking non-alcoholic alcoholic drinks, if I can't have booze I'll go for soda, juice, or water, but that's me.

We are talking about the same site that will ban you for calling a member 'daddy'.

Even if said member has "daddy" in his username, which a ton do. I just call them "D", but that annoys them, because they WANT you to call them "daddy" while chatting so they can get off for little/no money. Sorry, dude, take it somewhere it's allowed.

I think it's also good to note that this rule originates with the payment processors. Adult payment processors set the majority of rules that sites, be it cam or clip or members only, must follow.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

Oh ok, good to know, I didn't know that about SM! I've openly drank beer and mixed drinks on there before, but I've never been really hammered on there. I didn't get in trouble, but maybe I just got lucky. Thanks for the info! :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.