AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do members and sometimes camgirls constantly say "welcome back" ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
May 11, 2016
Why do members and sometimes camgirls constantly say "welcome back" ? Saying "welcome back" when a cam girl goes off cam for a minute or two seems really odd to me. If you went on a date and your date left the table to use the bathroom or powder her nose and you said "welcome back," she would think you are a weirdo. Sometimes I hear the model say "you don't need to say welcome back" but most times everyone is saying welcome back. It just seems so bizarre to me. Is there a reasonable explanation ?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Nick ...all seems bizzare to you becouse u sound as a bizzare person :) I say welcome back to the guys i saw before in my room and in most cases they tell me they are amazed that i remember them ... i have a friend working on my room when im not on and i tell her look : this guy that spent money on u yesterday is back ..talk to him ... wich guy? she cant even remember the guy that took her in pvt one day before , atttention is important for people in real life and on cam too ... When some guys telling me welcome back while i just loggin i feel really greatfull that they are waiting for me to come back to support me .

Why do members and sometimes camgirls constantly say "welcome back" ? Saying "welcome back" when a cam girl goes off cam for a minute or two seems really odd to me. If you went on a date and your date left the table to use the bathroom or powder her nose and you said "welcome back," she would think you are a weirdo. Sometimes I hear the model say "you don't need to say welcome back" but most times everyone is saying welcome back. It just seems so bizarre to me. Is there a reasonable explanation ?
Lighten up mate, it's just a bit of harmless fun. :rofl: Fun... y'know, the reason we are on these websites. For me, in the room I visit, it is a combination of good manners and exaggerated fun / silly humour, because yes, saying "welcome back" when someone has just returned from a bio-break or similar is a bit silly, but that is the point. And by the way in real life I am just as likely to say "welcome back" In a similar situation (So, yes, I may well say "welcome back" when someone returns from the restroom)

Why not add a bit of extra awks and ask "How was your poo?" I find thats a really fun way to keep a conversation going on a date. Works like a charm, everytime!

Out of courtesy to the cammer, unlike IRL they have no way of knowing who is still actively watching and in chat mode, the 'Welcome back' lets them know. IRL I might say it if the time at the bathroom/smoke break/whatever takes longer than expected, but in general I expect they can see that I am there...and awake.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I do think it's a tad silly. Just seems like one more thing that members will say/do (instead of tip), and expect the model to reply with a thank you. :p Like okay, dude...you're acting like I just got back from a trip to The Bahamas. 😂 I just ran downstairs to grab a cold Calypso Island Wave lemonade out the fridge. Settle down.

When a non-tipping member would announce his reentry to my room every single time his shitty internet kicked him off, he'd say "I'm back"...and I'd just dryly be like "Okay....."

I never mind it. In the days of AOL if someone typed AFK into chat and came back everyone would say welcome back. It's polite, let's the model know people were anticipating her return. Certainly better than saying BRB and watching the entire room leave.

Last edited:
Often it's an automatic response. If you are in a room with very few viewers and the model is talking then it's polite to type "brb" if you need to go do something so you don't leave her talking to herself. Usually I follow that with "back". Often the automatic response from the model is "Welcome back".

And the whole thing is flipped around when a model leaves for a bit, returns and says "I'm back".

I can't believe I went to the trouble of typing a post to explain how common decency works.

It's a friendly thing to do. I love it as a cam model, it means they see that I've returned and I have their attention.

Saying "welcome back" when a cam girl goes off cam for a minute or two seems really odd to me.
Then just don't do it. Simple as that.

It's a friendly thing to do. I love it as a cam model, it means they see that I've returned and I have their attention.

Then just don't do it. Simple as that.
And then there is the polar opposite which I saw last night. Model is clearly not there at the moment (camera pointing at empty bed).

Membername has entered the room
Membername: Hi bb
<5 second pause>
Membername left the room

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he usually only visits wizards who cast invisibility spells, or Hobbits with rings of power.

Erm, I kinda have said sometimes welcome back to people in real life after they've gone to the toilet.
It's just a polite thing to say as in they enjoy their company and they're still wanted around.

With webcam girls again it's just saying we r happy they're back and enjoy their company.

Also as a member yeah it does mean something when u return to a girls page and she remembers u. It does make u more likely want to become/remain a regular.

Reactions: bamdicted
I'm not sure if it's a ploy or not when guys are talking to an empty room. "If you were here I would have tipped!" kind of thing. It's something that crosses my mind occasionally.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Hmmm sometimes we joke by saying things like "oh my what a sexy chair! Open bobs bb?" Shit like that just to kill time and maybe stop some others from leaving.

Heck remember a guy who stayed in a room just because we were playing I spy.

Nick ...all seems bizzare to you becouse u sound as a bizzare person :) I say welcome back to the guys i saw before in my room and in most cases they tell me they are amazed that i remember them ... i have a friend working on my room when im not on and i tell her look : this guy that spent money on u yesterday is back ..talk to him ... wich guy? she cant even remember the guy that took her in pvt one day before , atttention is important for people in real life and on cam too ... When some guys telling me welcome back while i just loggin i feel really greatfull that they are waiting for me to come back to support me .
I keep notes so I know there name n I always say welcome back stranger followed by there name
I never mind it. In the days of AOL if someone typed AFK into chat and came back everyone would say welcome back. It's polite, let's the model know people were anticipating her return. Certainly better than saying BRB and watching the entire room leave.
I remember being young speaking on my house computer . My parents insisted we keep in the living room. I would log on to like long Beach teen Chat and it was the a/s/l. The good old days. Now I'd probably been kidnapped . But back then just a bunch of young adults trying to have fun. Did any of you guys have party chat lines ? You would call a number for your city n then a bunch of people talk at once

Did any of you guys have party chat lines ? You would call a number for your city n then a bunch of people talk at once

omg my friends and i did one night at a sleepover when we were 10. we were too nervous to speak but oh boy my parents banned me from the phone for like a year after they got the phone bill for that month lol.

im pretty sure they were talking about dave matthews band. super milk toast.

I'm not sure if it's a ploy or not when guys are talking to an empty room. "If you were here I would have tipped!" kind of thing. It's something that crosses my mind occasionally.
He was grey so I doubt it. I think he was just fucking thick.

Reactions: Vixxen81
We only had one friend who had the internet at home in around ‘97 and we’d head over on a Friday night to talk to people on ‘World’s Chat’.

a/s/l euuwwww so creepy now I think about it.

Last edited:
Did any of you guys have party chat lines ? You would call a number for your city n then a bunch of people talk at once
OMG YES! this was a thing where I live too!! and someone would always go "Any nice girls on the line ready to party!?" it has literally become a meme for my generation and the one older than mine

Parent worked for a telecom in the 90's, we had AOL before most households did, back when you paid for it in increments. I'd sneak the laptop into my room and be online from midnight until about 4 AM.

It wasn't sexual at all, just a bunch of strangers learning the land. It wasn't until Facebook became a thing that I remember everything taking a hard left turn into the wide world of sex. That's basically when I stopped logging into all of it and didn't get back into it until 2013 when I found Chaturbate.

If 18 year old me had known that's where the internet would go and it be legal and profitable I would have taken a ton of videos and pictures of...everything.