AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

why do people keep asking to be my mod

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2018
www.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@softnipple
MFC Username
softnipple
I've had it happen a lot recently, I have it on my tip menu for a high price, and they ask to be my mod for FREE, and when I tell them how much it is they say 'but i can help you out' you can start helping me out by tipping me lol. So what do they get out of being a mod in my chat?

I think a lot of dudes are on a power trip about it,hope to get free stuff or have way too much freetime. They like a sense of being more connected with you without having to pay for it if they're highly insistent about modding. Chaturbate (if that's the site we're talking about since thats the only one I can think of that has mods) seems to breed these types of members who overstep and fancy themselves as industry experts and take a weird hierarchy about their mod status. When I was active on CB I think I only had one long time regular mod for me occasionally because I knew him for quite some time and trusted he wouldn't become unhinged/jealous/creepy/controlling.

On a side note: I'd recommend not making mod status something one can tip for. From my experience *& many others, a lot of whale tippers can be insanely controlling and use $$ to get their way about things and run your room how they want it.

Unless your room is insanely busy, or you're doing a lot o oil/cum/etc shows and you can't be at your keyboard all the time, it really isn't worth having a mod. As Carmita mentioned, it's a power trip for many of them. IMO, too many downsides to having moderators.

If they're really willing to help, they'll stick around, be regular tippers and add to the room.

This is coming from a member, not a model.

Unless your room is insanely busy, or you're doing a lot o oil/cum/etc shows and you can't be at your keyboard all the time, it really isn't worth having a mod. As Carmita mentioned, it's a power trip for many of them. IMO, too many downsides to having moderators.

If they're really willing to help, they'll stick around, be regular tippers and add to the room.

This is coming from a member, not a model.

I was about to post how there is absolutely no reason to have a room mod. None. Especially on Chatutbate when you can make bots who can silence key words. Haha.

I do a lot of oil shows and sometimes my chat can get busy and I have never thought "hmm I wish I had a mod so I can ban this fucker. But my hands are too messy *whammy noise*." No, I either ignore them or tell them to shut up. Or even crazier, I touch my keyboard and mouse with my gross hands. Because when you do oil it's impractically impossible to not make a mess.

Mods are worthless and stupid to have. Don't have mods. Other bigbox camsites don't have mods and we function just fine for years.

You could do the ehotalove approach and say if you tip me enough I might make you mod if I feel like it, but never do.

I was about to post how there is absolutely no reason to have a room mod. None. Especially on Chatutbate when you can make bots who can silence key words. Haha.

I do a lot of oil shows and sometimes my chat can get busy and I have never thought "hmm I wish I had a mod so I can ban this fucker. But my hands are too messy *whammy noise*." No, I either ignore them or tell them to shut up. Or even crazier, I touch my keyboard and mouse with my gross hands. Because when you do oil it's impractically impossible to not make a mess.

Mods are worthless and stupid to have. Don't have mods. Other bigbox camsites don't have mods and we function just fine for years.

I should've worded my post a little more on the against side than I did. I have yet to see a point where a model absolutely needs a mod, even during a "wet" show. Most of the mods, and even "room helpers" if you will, I've seen tend to make the room a bit odd due to power trips or answering before the model can.

When I was typing out my response, I was thinking of how a couple of models have commented that it's been helpful for them during shows or when it gets crazy. So, was attempting to address both.

You could do the ehotalove approach and say if you tip me enough I might make you mod if I feel like it, but never do.

Great idea!

Those kind of people usually just want to feel like they are important to the model. Personally I think mods are great as long as you've identified a need/want in your room that you think someone could help fulfill, and that you are the one carefully selecting them, not just picking someone because they asked for it or tipped you for it. Thinking of my own room for example, even though I can normally keep up with chat well I often miss things when the room gets really busy, and there are often topics/questions I'd rather someone else deflect than having to do it myself.

@Mila_ talked about what she does when her room gets busy. Just switch your chat settings, it's easy and change is automatic.
Now when I first log on just people with tokens can talk. When the room gets busy and I'm doing a show if people are out of line I change settings so just people that tipped me can talk. There's another setting I never had to use, but if you're dealing with thousands of users you have a great option too. Allow chat for people that tipped you that day. Easy peasy! Screw the power tripping dudes asking to mod. I even blocked word mod and moderator from my chatroom.

When I was typing out my response, I was thinking of how a couple of models have commented that it's been helpful for them during shows or when it gets crazy. So, was attempting to address both.

nothing wrong with playing devil's advocate. i'm sure it has been helpful to those models in the moment. im not doubting that. but i don't think its smart to hand off control to a member when it should be to model's responsibility. especially with bots and like @AnaBee mentioned, there are settings to help manage your chat. i find having to rely on mods is lazy. i recommend all models dumb their mods.

also creates this weird ego. most feel like they are the spokesman to the model. hell, how some of these models allow their mods to come on public forums and discuss any issues they maybe having on cam is intrusive and should never ever be their responsibility boggles my mind. of course that is if they find out if they are.

shit though, if i was starting fresh with no ethics and young i would go onto chaturbate and act like some cute pathetic damsel in distress and start collecting whale mods. i would play dumb as fuck all the way to the bank stroking the cb mods egos.

shit though, if i was starting fresh with no ethics and young i would go onto chaturbate and act like some cute pathetic damsel in distress and start collecting whale mods. i would play dumb as fuck all the way to the bank stroking the cb mods egos.

more often than not, members stop tipping once you mod them. great business model though XD

Status
Not open for further replies.