AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some MFC members have difficulty moving on from a model leaving?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive seen some MFC members dwell on their favorite model being gone for well over a year after she left. Whats the reason for this?

I am one of those guys. It has been over three years since the camgirl I joined MFC to see retired. As for why I dwell on her, I would say it is because I have nothing but happy memories to go back to. The friendly conversations and what not that would up lift my day. And I miss talking with her, I feel like I essentially lost a friend that never got to say goodbye to properly. With all that said, I hope she is happy living life to the fullest now.

I feel like I essentially lost a friend that never got to say goodbye to properly. .

This would be my assumption. The engagement between Model and Member is going to create some strong bonds, even though they are both there for the obvious reasons. Yes- there are more limitations on the relationship becuase of the nature of Camming and the adult industry, but that isn't going to take away the connection for some people.

The members are losing a friend.

It’s hard for us too when our favorite members move on. This is especially true on sites like MyFreeCams, since it’s a very social atmosphere where even your favorite regulars are probably tight with one another, and may even be on a first name basis.

People like repetition, pattern, it's very easy to make habits when an activity is re-inforcing.

Like an old friend who's moved away, passed on, or is no longer a part of one's life for various reasons. You miss them, and the times you've spent together.

There's some models who have left for whatever reason, and I've missed them. But, at the same time, I wish them well and hope that whatever they are doing now they are happy.

All a part of life to have people enter and leave at various times.

like everyone said before: you lose a friend... sometimes you do get to say goodbye, and sometimes you don't. Have come to meet a lot of wonderful people on the various camsites, and most of them are doing other things now. I hope they are happy and healthy. But I do miss them.

Reactions: Useful-Title
you lose a friend... sometimes you do get to say goodbye, and sometimes you don't.
I'm trying my best to ease my members into the thought of my leaving very slowly. I've been mentioning for a long while now that I'll probably at least quasi-retire after my 10 year cammiversary. I don't plan to drop MFC cold turkey, so hopefully my gradual fade off will help them cope. :)

I'm trying my best to ease my members into the thought of my leaving very slowly. I've been mentioning for a long while now that I'll probably at least quasi-retire after my 10 year cammiversary. I don't plan to drop MFC cold turkey, so hopefully my gradual fade off will help them cope. :)

I think it's cool to see models expand their horizons and venture into other areas rather than just camming. There's a couple of models who have been doing it for a couple of years, and I applaud them for doing so. Not because I want to see them get out of it, as that is up to them. But, rather, having multiple streams of revenue for in case camming eventually dries up or they have to get out of it for various reasons. Whatever you decide to do, when the time comes, I hope you're as successful there as you have been in camming. :)

How come every time I see @AmberCutie post something like this my inner two-year old comes out? “No, no, no, nooooo!”

Ugh, I know eventually it will happen...but yeah...even long goodbyes are still a “goodbye”. And I am going to stop there before I start crossing into “creepy follower” territory.

She left camming suddenly and unexpectedly after three years. I'm lucky to still be in near daily contact with her but it was and still is something I have a hard time dealing with. Things aren't the same anymore. I laugh less and I miss her laugh.

• Hugs
Ive seen some MFC members dwell on their favorite model being gone for well over a year after she left. Whats the reason for this?

Ah the feels. This thread reminds me of when I was 18 and just got into taking various cam models private. Honestly it's a pretty bad feeling when a model moves on. Yeah I've known from the start models are there for my money and I'm there for their booty/sexiness but inevitably, I think both model and member do initiate a bond of sorts, however superficial it may be. I remember some models in particular who were such a delight to play with on various camsites like chaturbate who really took a lot of stress off my mind.

I am one of those guys. It has been over three years since the camgirl I joined MFC to see retired. As for why I dwell on her, I would say it is because I have nothing but happy memories to go back to. The friendly conversations and what not that would up lift my day. And I miss talking with her, I feel like I essentially lost a friend that never got to say goodbye to properly. With all that said, I hope she is happy living life to the fullest now.
Honestly this really makes sense. If I had someone that I spent a good amount of time with just suddenly leave it would be hard. I think that it sucks that there isn't closure for a lot of guys, but I also understand it from the models view as well.

Why do some people miss their favourite TV show when it ends?

People "stay" with a model if they enjoy the room etc. You get into a routine, it becomes, for want of a better word, part of your life. Whether you're friends or not, the interaction and the time you've spent in there becomes a habit, that routine, something you partake in, the comfort blanket of predictable interaction.

Remove it, you miss it. It's fairly simple.

Just found Amber's forum a few weeks ago and I've been waiting until I had something to actually say before I joined. Seemed like a good one to start with.

When I joined MFC ~10 years ago, I never would have guessed bonds could be made 'via the internet'. Now to be completely honest the closest friendships I've made have expanded to include phone calls, texts, maybe the occasional Skype hangout, and in some cases even CASUAL meetings. But it started with a click, which I never would have expected. These have been dear friends and I'm blessed to have continued those friendships even post MFC retirement. That won't be the case with all the model friends I've made on MFC, but that doesn't make them any less of a friend in my mind, and I'll miss dearly, just as I would any other friend whose path is no longer running parallel to mine.

There's 10,000 reasons why some models and some members never allow THAT level of friendship to be built. But don't kid yourself. Whether it's via all those means I indicated above, or whether it's just via those few hours a week through a monitor, friendships can be made.....and missed. As for the dwelling, should you ever find yourself in that close of a friendship with a model (if you chose to, please don't think I'm sounding derogatory there), you'll understand it quite well ;)

Reactions: Smores
Status
Not open for further replies.