AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some models hide their camscores?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For various reasons:

I don't like that awful number staring me in the face every time I go to view/edit my profile. Also, I don't want other people seeing it and assuming I suck...or them using it to try to justify not tipping me what I require for a flash, etc. I also don't want people constantly reminding me (in front of everyone) that it's low or that it's dropped since the last time they looked at it. And I guess you could say it's one less thing for any trolls to be able to talk about (if they don't even know what it is).

Last edited:
For various reasons:

...Also, I don't want other people seeing it and assuming I suck...or them using it to try to justify not tipping me what I require for a flash, etc. I also don't want people constantly reminding me (in front of everyone) that it's low or that it's dropped since the last time they looked at it. And I guess you could say it's one less thing for any trolls to be able to talk about (if they don't even know what it is).
I have seen this justification so many times, it does seem like the best reason to hide it.

I'm usually on Chaturbate and Streamate and don't do much MFC. I assume camscore is strictly a MFC thing? When I am on MFC I sort by #people and large preview because it is the closest to what I'm used to. Wish I could also add HD but I never found it to be an option. Excuse me for my naivete but when I first read about camscore I thought it was some strait up BS. What is wrong with sorting by # of viewers like every other service as default? This tells me most of what I need to know right from the beginning.

Then I'll make my own determination from the lobby based on the preview. If the room looks poorly lighted or otherwise dark I won't bother no matter the number of viewers, camscore or anything else. If I detect any kind of lag I am also out. To this day when I read the description for what camscore is I get the impression it's for people who don't what what they are looking for, and its somthing MFC invented to be different than the other services. If it's primarily based on tokens earned than that score can be bought.

If It were up to me I would want everything sorted by quality of the video feed, minimum lighting standards, then popularity of the room which generally best measured by # of viewers.Sorry for my rant but I never understood or liked Canscore and never used it as a tool to sort models.

What is wrong with sorting by # of viewers like every other service as default?

Streamate doesn't sort by number of viewers. Personally I don't think sorting by room count is any more fair than camscore, in fact it seems easier to cheat/scam. But I don't personally know what I think the best or most fair way to sort is, haha.

I can kinda see why a model would want to hide her camscore (doesn't want members judging her one way or another because of it) but with MFC - and I guess this is a shortcoming of the "hide your camscore" feature more than anything else - it's only ever "hidden" for as long as it takes a member to look at the models either side of the model hiding their camscore, to know within a few hundred points what their camscore is.

If It were up to me I would want everything sorted by quality of the video feed, minimum lighting standards, then popularity of the room which generally best measured by # of viewers.Sorry for my rant but I never understood or liked Canscore and never used it as a tool to sort models.

Indeed, SM / CB sound like the right cam sites for you ^_~

Reactions: AlyssaMuze
I hide mine just because I dont want members to see it. and think less/more of me... I keep track of it myself though...

I don't hide it anymore because I lost all my cares for mfc.

When I did hide it i did so because I was compulsively checking it and using it as measure of progress. Camscore doesn't pay bills sooo.

It also used to make me sad.

But. Now no cares so I can't be bothered.

I don't hide it anymore because I lost all my cares for mfc.

When I did hide it i did so because I was compulsively checking it and using it as measure of progress. Camscore doesn't pay bills sooo.

It also used to make me sad.

But. Now no cares so I can't be bothered.

You....you still love me though, right????

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
I never really cared too much about the camscore, but sometimes members do. I've even seen some wait and do a big tip, then get mad or upset when the score doesn't change as much as they wanted it to.

I turned mine off because I like focusing on the here and now of my room.

I hide my cam score because mine is low that's the reason I hide it .if in the future if my cam score goes up then I'll put it back up on my profile .lately I haven't been getting to many viewers and I think the reason is they saw my cam score .they probably thought that she's not worth it but if they took the time to say hi and contribute to my goals that I'm doing in my room they would know I'm a fun gal .also the whole cam score system can make me or other cam models depressed when it's low

Last edited:
Reactions: yummybrownfox
My camscore is in the gutter right now so I've hidden it because it's been thrown in my face after asking to be tipped for a flash. Ugh. I'm pretty much done with MFC until september as long as I make minimum payouts by the end of the month lol

Reactions: yummybrownfox
My camscore is in the gutter right now so I've hidden it because it's been thrown in my face after asking to be tipped for a flash. Ugh. I'm pretty much done with MFC until september as long as I make minimum payouts by the end of the month lol

I'm with you on that, and it helps a little, in my opinion, to just keep the damn thing hidden. And MFC isn't a main site for me anymore either...just an occasional thing.

I hid it once I saw a bunch of members talking about how they don't go into rooms where a girl has a camscore below 1k. Since then, my camscore has gone above that, but it still makes me feel put on the spot knowing members are judging me and my abilities for that stupid number.

I hid it once I saw a bunch of members talking about how they don't go into rooms where a girl has a camscore below 1k. Since then, my camscore has gone above that, but it still makes me feel put on the spot knowing members are judging me and my abilities for that stupid number.

That's so ridiculous. :rage: Why the heck do these dudes put so much importance on camscore? Honestly the camscore system is messed.

A lot of people assume a model with a camscore below 1k has ~something wrong with them~ that contributes directly to it. Whether you like camscore or not it is the most obvious and consistent rating system a member has access to to see whether you are a "good model" or not. With over 1000 models online at any given time members cant realistically be expected to scan through without narrowing it down at least a little and if we don't have an obvious fetish or specific requirement to thin the numbers then there isn't much else we have access to.

Also being very blunt; there is a lot of correlation between the quality of models, physically, personality-wise and how good they are at their job, within the bracket of camscore they are in. Members get very comfortable staying in the brackets where they have most success and it can be hard to break that kind of habit on the off-chance that they find a model they really like who has a lower (or higher) camscore than they're used to

That's so ridiculous. :rage: Why the heck do these dudes put so much importance on camscore? Honestly the camscore system is messed.
99% of the time, its just blowing smoke to get attention or to justify stinginess. In my experience, anyway. Usually the same type who have to "see feet first, then I tip" or any variation thereof.

Camscore has become one of those necessary evils. MFC needed a way to order the rooms on the homepage and chose to use camscore as it basically defines the rate at which a model is making tips. I think it would be better if it was dropped entirely from being on model profiles though and not visible to members anywhere on the site, but only visible to the model herself from within her model admin. At least it would stop them getting grief from members who were giving a constant running commentary every day on whether it was going up or down. :stop:

Reading this thread I see that I have become obsessed with my camscore. When I first started out I watched my cam score drop to 500. I would laugh a little bit since I knew the average was 600, but I was sad. I figured mfc was similar to college and if you just stick with it and hold on for the bumpy ride you will be sure to graduate eventually. I saw one of my most favorite models post "dont call yourself a cam girl til you have done it for 3 years" (or something like that). Further affirmation that you just gotta stick with it and success isnt instant.

I'm glad that I was not quickly discouraged, because the past month has been really fun. But perhaps I need to take it down so I can focus on whats important instead of checking it everytime someone drops a fairly decent tip.

What I absolutely hate about it is, is I cant just go in my room and relax and hang out with members. That everytime I get on there has to be a goal and a stop time when I notice it falls too low. I feel like it has to be "showtime."

Also being very blunt; there is a lot of correlation between the quality of models, physically, personality-wise and how good they are at their job, within the bracket of camscore they are in. Members get very comfortable staying in the brackets where they have most success and it can be hard to break that kind of habit on the off-chance that they find a model they really like who has a lower (or higher) camscore than they're used to

I disagreed with the bolded part. No, I don't think there is any correlation between those aspects of differing models in the same camscore bracket. Obviously, right now you're thinking, "Oh, Iris is just mad cause I'm saying that she's the same as other 2-4k camscore models, but not as [sexy/entertaining/hard-working/deserving] as models in the 8-10k bracket." Nah, that's not it. I'm saying that there's no correlation for the negative connotations (if your camscore is low) OR the positive connotations (if your cs is high). Having a high camscore does not necessarily mean that you are more beautiful/entertaining/hard-working than lower models. Having a low camscore does not necessarily mean that you are less beautiful/entertaining/hard-working.

Having a higher camscore simply means that you have a combination of hard work and luck. Yes, putting in longer, more entertaining, energetic, and creative hours on cam gives you more chances at being lucky to 'be found' by one/multiple members who will boost you into the next bracket. Yes, it IS going to be difficult.

But don't listen to the advice that I bolded in red above. That logic makes it seem like you are doomed (or blessed) to stay in the bracket you're in. Fuck that. Camscore is a fickle mistress. You'll see highs and you'll see lows. But don't compare/contrast yourself against other models (in a good OR bad way) and feel like you'll always be where you are. Speaking as someone whose camscore has ranged from 9k to 1k, just remember, you are only as "good" of a cammodel* as you think you are.

*or person in general, if we're being philosophical.
cs.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.