AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why I Quit Patronizing Cam Sites

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
I joined Mfc a while back and remained an active member for about 6 months or so. After that time, however, a number of factors caused me to stop my patronage of Mfc and cam sites altogether. From the time I joined Mfc, there was one aspect that I really enjoyed, the ability to talk to models privately and to exchange email with them through the site. (I know I am an odd guy anyway because I was really looking more for female companionship than I was to "bust a nut.") Because of this, I avoided the ladies at the top of rankings, preferring girls with a cam score around 500 or so, as I knew that I would be unable to become good friends with a young woman having several hundred guys in her room. Oddly enough, I soon found that almost every single girl with whom I formed a friendship just happened to be from Romania. It wasn't that I was looking for Romanian girls. However, they all had characteristics that I like very much: dark or black hair and brown or black eyes. (Yummy. :p )

As I came to be closer to some of these girls, though. I began to hear more and more of the truth about their life and the conditions under which they worked. I realize that it cannot be universally stated that cam models do not enjoy their work, but, in my limited experience, this really seemed to be the case. Most of my friends were doing cam modeling because it was the best paying job they could find in their country. They may have been comfortable being nude on camera and even performing to some extent, but, in the end, various circumstances made them feel miserable. I suppose that their personal feelings began to really affect me. Soon, I felt guilty, as if I were exploiting my friends, even if they all told me that they really enjoyed having me around since I treated them as women and not like pieces of meat. (Just as an aside here, I would add that after a while, all of my private sessions turned into opportunities to give my friends a break or to try and add a little romance to their situation. I even tried to do what I could to make them feel loved and appreciated when we were together. I never asked them to do anything and told them to do only what they wanted. So, I was really a good patron to have. :p If you never had a private session with me, then you really missed out. :lol: )

I remembered ACF from the days when I was still a regular at Mfc. I was always content to remain a guest in the shadows, reading what everyone else had to say. I thought I really needed to share something, though, with the wonderful young ladies who are willing to give a little bit of their time to guys like me. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! You guys are the best.

Some of you may be wondering why I left these sites if I feel this way. Well...I said at the beginning there were numerous reasons. Besides feeling like an exploiter, I also have serious health issues. Fortunately, though, I am still in contact with almost all of my Mfc friends off site through IM and Skype. And, I still occasionally help my friends out when they need it. Now, however, they get 100% of what I give as opposed to having to share a cut of the money with a studio. It is really a win/win situation for us both. :-D

Sorry for writing a book...but I am a writer. So, I cannot help but be verbose. :lol: Again, please let me reiterate in closing, cam models are the best. Thanks!!!

Thanks for the chance to view things a little differently. I always appreciate someone explaining their view on things... :thumbleft:

Reactions: Lir75
It's awesome that you have people in your life who make you happy. Just be aware that many camgirls are pros at separating members from their money, particularly the nice guys who genuinely want to help out and be a good friend. Not saying every model is this way, or that your friends are, just that a significant portion of them will tell you anything to increase their paychecks/camscores. In my 3 years using MFC as a member I've heard every sob story in the book, and most of them are fake. It's sad, and it makes the rest of us look bad, but it happens all the time. If you enjoy camgirls, there are plenty of us who fit the bill (dark hair/eyes) who aren't being exploited at all and will give you attention even when you can't tip. You don't have to support exploitation just to enjoy camgirls anymore than you have to support pedophilia when you want some street meat. :twocents-02cents:

Pretty much as everyone else has said thanks for sharing & it's interesting to see someone leaving a cam site, not out of anger or extreme depression involving a model parting them with their cash. Then again maybe this explains the long time members who are ragey as hell about any cam girl whether they know her or not and probably would NEVER leave a cam site permanently, haha.

Trust me, I learned quickly that this is a business and that there are cam models quite adept at separating members from their money. :lol: Some cam models are, in fact, master manipulators. And, I admit, men are very stupid and allow themselves to get played by the young lady who learns how to push his buttons or stroke his ego. So, I feel compelled to add that any funds going to said friends is purely voluntary on my part and not solicited at all.

I also know that I am not really an exploiter of women by patronizing a cam site. Leaving was just ultimately a personal choice. I do not want to become so jaded that I begin to objectify women. I truly love women. I find their company better than men. In so many ways, I relate better to them. As one friend from Mfc told me, I am too sensitive to be a guy. :p Even so, I can assure you I am not gay or a woman masquerading as a man. (Not that there would be anything wrong with that. :lol: ) However, if ever I began to see any woman as just existing to service my whims, then I would loose something very special. And, I don't want to loose that.

I really admire the ladies that do this. You have to be so strong. Even if I had the right "equipment" to be a cam model, there is no way in the world that I would be able to do it. It just seems to reinforce the "truth" that women are stronger than men when it comes to everything that is not of the body.

Drinks_N_Dreams said:
Jupiter551 said:
The point is he's sharing his personal experiences and views.

There should be some reason to do so. It's a random story with no conclusion. This isn't a personal blog.

and it is Amber's forum where she decides what constitutes a topic or not... so what's your point? :roll:
You may not see a "the take away message from my experience is...", but that doesn't mean his post is invalid does it? :think:
The forum is "Random discussion" and people are commenting about his post so :D

If you'll note, this thread is listed under "Random Discussion." This certainly qualifies. :) But, yes, I do understand that this is not a personal blog. I had but two goals in starting this thread. First, I simply wanted to express my admiration to cam models as well as thank them since theirs is an emotionally (and, potentially, physically) taxing job. I think I made that clear. Second, and more importantly, I wanted to provide an alternative explanation as to why some guys leave even though they interact well with and enjoy various models.

I know I am not alone in this because I had my bros to whom I was also close and with whom I would hang out in the rooms of different models. (The models like to call these relationships, "bromances." :p ) I know of one who decided to leave for reasons similar to mine. It may be hard for you to believe, Drinks_N_Dreams, but sometimes a model will become close to one of her regulars. (No, I'm not implying "true love" as that is not what this industry promotes. However, there can be love between the two like that which exists between friends.) I spent every single day with some of them, talking to them for hours, perhaps their entire "shift." I became a confidant and shoulder. Sometimes, a model would even ask me to be a bouncer to help get rid of some obnoxious guy from her room. On one occasion, a model did so by telling all of the guys in her room that I was her husband. :lol: (I was in a position to spend this much time with them because I was undergoing chemotherapy and unable to work. I thought I'd share that in the event that someone mistook me for one who is independently wealthy. :mrgreen: ) After I left, I continued receiving communication from most of them asking when I was coming back. (Actually, I still do.) It was hard for me to tell them that I was not, and they did not take the news very well.

Here, then, is the "conclusion" to this story. Some of us do not grow tired of the models or become pissed off by them, thereby quitting the site like a spoiled brat taking his ball and going home. Therefore, a model should not conclude that she did anything to drive away a faithful regular. And allow me to reiterate, a faithful regular. Other guys will come and go all of the time. Indeed, her friend may have left her because of his respect for her and to ensure for the sake of them both that he did not begin to mistake the love existing within their friendship as something more. Just my :twocents-02cents: for a random discussion.

I am sorry, Drinks_N_Dreams, that you did not find the discussion titillating. I noticed that there is actually a category for fiction here. I was thinking of contributing some of my hot stories. Perhaps, those would be more to your liking. ;) Until the next time we meet within this forum, I wish you good health and a great day.

there are times I am a little horrified to be associated with a site and industry that broadcasts victims of exploitation and - i've heard sex trafficking.
I understand why you left.

WHoever suggested MyGirlFund sounds right on the money - its a very different cam site you should check it out.

Reactions: Lir75
Paris_Lee said:
so why dont you just start patronizing girls on this forum who actually enjoy what they do, or you know at the very least girls in english speaking countries like us, aus, etc.

save you quite a bit of drama IMO.

I hope that it did not sound as if I had the impression that there were not ladies who genuinely enjoyed cam modelling. I realize that there are, and think that it is awesome. I apologize to anyone who may have thought that I saw all cam models as victims. I was basically sounding off about my own personal situation and the models that have become my friends.

I'm sure you are probably right about model selection, too. :lol: Coming from a guy, it sounds like a lie, but, I cannot interact with a model on such an intimate level without investing a lot of myself emotionally into her, even if the investment is only a couple of hours a week. If my health were better, and I allowed myself more opportunities to pursue what I am looking for in real life, then I likely would have never even visited a cam site in the first place. Therefore, I think that even if I were spending my time with a woman from the US or Australia, I'd still have to end up walking away for the sake of us both. :p

I have looked into mygirlfund and am considering it, since, as it has already been suggested, that is probably more my speed right now. I just have so much drama going on right now and I'm not looking to dump that on anyone else or to have my online interactions with my friends colored by momentary issues that hopefully will resolve themselves soon. When that happens, I might come back. I emphasize, "might."

I found my time with cam models well-spent and appreciate the way in which my friends met my needs during the time I patronized them. I enjoyed very much the interaction when I and that special young woman "clicked." Frankly, as a man, a member of a gender stereotyped as lacking sensuality, I continue to be surprised by how satisfying "virtual" can be. Initially, I did not understand what a model meant when she told me she could feel "it;" that is to say, the connection and sensation that stemmed from the story that I had built for us both during our private time. Now, however, I do, and can even honestly say that I feel "it," too. I guess I discovered that the mind is the greatest sexual organ each of us possesses.

Though, as I stated, my real life opportunities have been limited (mostly because of my own choice), I can say that my real life "encounters" have been enhanced by what I allowed my cam model friends to teach me, enhanced for me and, more importantly, my partner. So then, rather than perceiving this unique industry as being, exclusively, the potential exploitation of a model, I would have to ultimately conclude that this arrangement can be quite beneficial for those with the right attitude about it, whether model or patron.

For this and many other reasons, I will cherish this brief period in my life as something that has been very special. Therefore, I continue to thank you all and sing your praises. :-D All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.