AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Will i ever need to provide my ssn for chaturbate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021
Hi i just passed the age verification and i would like to start working asap but will chaturbate hold my earnings hostage if i don't provide them with a ssn? When will they ask for one if ever?

Hi i just passed the age verification and i would like to start working asap but will chaturbate hold my earnings hostage if i don't provide them with a ssn? When will they ask for one if ever?
You’ll need to fill out a tax form which, yes, requires SSN.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
  • Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Ok thank you will i.have to do that before my first "paycheck" or just when taxes are due to be filled?
They’re not going to pay you until your tax information is filled out. (And no I don’t work for CB but this is a general thing about legal work in the USA).

Upvote 0
What if i don't live and won't be working in the US? I live in Mexico
Other countries have similar laws in place. Are you brand new to the work force or what? Cam work is legal work, in order to get paid you have to sign up properly. It isn’t like mowing someone’s lawn or babysitting your cousin and getting paid in cash.

Upvote 0
....just click the link I sent? if you aren't a US citizen or resident you chose that box and then it doesn't ask you for a SSN because you wouldn't have one.
Or that.

It just bothers me when people want to sign up for a job and don’t know how to go through the process legally for wherever they live. (And I assumed since they asked specifically about their ssn that they are US residents.)

Upvote 0
If you're being paid into a back account in mexico you won't need to provide a SSN. If you're being paid into a US bank account you'll need to put in your SSN.

If you're an american citizen living and working in mexico you'll still need to pay american taxes on your earnings though i think.

Upvote 0
Or that.

It just bothers me when people want to sign up for a job and don’t know how to go through the process legally for wherever they live. (And I assumed since they asked specifically about their ssn that they are US residents.)
Because there's no way somebody can be a US citizen but not a US resident, right. And its absolutely unheard of for anyone to have dual citizenship to. Yeah people bother me to when they wanna reach out to peers on a forum and actually ask a question to gain better understanding of what situation their getting into right. Ugh people are so annoying

Upvote 0
If you're being paid into a back account in mexico you won't need to provide a SSN. If you're being paid into a US bank account you'll need to put in your SSN.

If you're an american citizen living and working in mexico you'll still need to pay american taxes on your earnings though i think.
Thank you! Exactly what i needed to know.

Upvote 0
Because there's no way somebody can be a US citizen but not a US resident, right. And its absolutely unheard of for anyone to have dual citizenship to. Yeah people bother me to when they wanna reach out to peers on a forum and actually ask a question to gain better understanding of what situation their getting into right. Ugh people are so annoying
Had you provided info on your situation so we could better answer that would have been great. Instead your vague short questions made it sound like you’re just completely out of the loop about how legal income worked. And yeah that can be irritating as this is a job field where an epic ton of people try to jump in and earn a quick buck without the life experience to know how real jobs work.

Upvote 0
I'm just going to put these here...
exhibitA.png

exhibitB.png

The question of USA citizenship stays there regardless of what country you picked, its not easy to make a mistake on this form the most common problem to my knowledge that requires a W9 is a name mismatch but thats just based on what i've seen from discord chat/reddit/forums.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
Thank you! Exactly what i needed to know.
... cool but you could have been more specific. I'm not happy seeing you rip into folks who were trying to help without any specific info.

Also it looks like I was wrong and u have to provide it - which u would have known if u clicked the link cb gave u.

Upvote 0
Cool. Let's be a dick to those who have experience and those that may have info you want and aren't charging for it. Of course it's a forum, but you didn't give all the info needed to give an accurate response. You left out info that would have helped us answer your question. Onus is on you. You're new, we don't know a thing about you. A forum doesn't owe you any answers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.