AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wonder Woman casting

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 23, 2013
They've cast a Wonder Woman to be in the Batman/Superman movie. Her name is Gal Gadot, who was in the Fast & Furious movies.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/12/04/g ... der-woman/

tumblr_lqjtn2ojSK1qg7emfo1_500.jpg

Personally I'm not pumped, perhaps it'll turn out well but it seems like they're just shoving Wonder Woman into this movie that's about the two guys and trying to do an Avengers-esque group thing when that hasn't really been established. I am a big Wonder Woman fan, though, so I am super skeptical.

What do you all think?

I was kind of hoping they'd pick someone who looked a little stronger, who'd be tough but awesome. Hmm, she looks like a twiggy twig. But conversely, I shouldn't judge this chicks ability to play a strong lady by her body type. Maybe she'll prove us wrong? I'm with you on hoping they aren't just putting Wonder Woman in there for the tits. :? Need moar awesome ladies.

Alice_93 said:
I was kind of hoping they'd pick someone who looked a little stronger, who'd be tough but awesome. Hmm, she looks like a twiggy twig. But conversely, I shouldn't judge this chicks ability to play a strong lady by her body type. Maybe she'll prove us wrong? I'm with you on hoping they aren't just putting Wonder Woman in there for the tits. :? Need moar awesome ladies.

Yeah, throughout the casting process, all of the rumours going around based on who they were auditioning seemed to be about supermodels. That seemed kinda weird to me seeing how Wonder Woman is a warrior and depicted as physically having super visible, big muscles. I'm hoping she'll bulk up like they get the guys to do, I feel like it's important both for the character and for depiction of women in general that she's not waif-like.

I was thinking too that maybe they'll just bring WW in at the end as like...a hint towards a next movie, or something. So maybe she'll have a small part in this but it'll be leading into something bigger.

This is the same movie that has Affleck playing Batman right? Shocked.

However, I will reserve judgement.

When Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker, I thought it was a terrible casting (as did most of the internet), and I turned out to be WAYYYY wrong.

Strictly based on physical appearance, she's not a good Wonder Woman choice. But who knows.

I am curious if she is a good actress....... But that aside - looks wise I think she fits the more modern day depiction of Wonder Woman if she will just go lift some weights. The new 52 WW is very fit with a skinny waist.

I just hope she can act.....

Alice_93 said:
Just a thought as to all of the 'stronger' aspect comments.

Played Wonder Woman for four years...........

Attachments

• wonder_woman.jpg
    wonder_woman.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 253
  • carterww.jpg
    carterww.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 253
JerryBoBerry said:
Just a thought as to all of the 'stronger' aspect comments.

Played Wonder Woman for four years...........

Yeah, and those lame plastic Star Trek phasers were super-cool state-of-the-art back then too. :p

Women with well defined, toned muscles were also frowned upon back then and viewed as very unladylike.

Times have changed, thankfully. :)

I'm a wonder woman fan. I hate that in a world where there are very few roles for strong, curvy woman and most actresses are stick thin that a role that is known for being a girl who's really curvy they decide to pick a girl who's really skinny. As much as I don't have any issues with skinny women, I believe roles should be true to the person. It's like picking a really skinny lanky dude to play superman. It'd be ridiculous and so is this. It's not like these films tend to have amazing acting anyway, so they might as well get the look right.

Isabella_deL said:
I'm a wonder woman fan. I hate that in a world where there are very few roles for strong, curvy woman and most actresses are stick thin that a role that is known for being a girl who's really curvy they decide to pick a girl who's really skinny. As much as I don't have any issues with skinny women, I believe roles should be true to the person. It's like picking a really skinny lanky dude to play superman. It'd be ridiculous and so is this. It's not like these films tend to have amazing acting anyway, so they might as well get the look right.

That's how I feel too, there are so few roles for muscular, buff women and it'd be great to see one that really hinges on her physicality to go to someone who fits it more. It'd be like auditioning male models for Superman.

I'd never heard of Gina Carano, or Aria Giovanni but their looks seem very fitting. I thought about Jessica Biel, too.

I haven't seen Gal Gadot act so I can't comment much on that aspect, though! I hope it's like Heath Ledger or Anne Hathaway where they end up really surprising me (and not like awful Amy Adams).

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
One thing with muscles is they can be built up. I think more it'd be good to pick a woman who was decently built but naturally has the curves/stronger physique and then get them into building their body up to really fit the wonder woman role of strong/big arms, shoulders and legs, massive tits and wide hips and a tiny/toned waist. Though this girl possibly could surprise us all and build her body up a whole load, she still naturally has a very slight build and small hips and boobs, I don't really know how they could get around that. Wonder woman having those curves and the strength is largely what she's about. Maybe this girl will surprise us all, but she will still never physically fit the role unless she does some sort of transformation and they somehow manage to do some crazy camera angles.
One of the reasons I love wonder woman is because she is like the ultimate womanly woman whilst still having so much strength. To see a beauty queen who conforms so much to the ideals that men and hollywood created kind of shits all over what wonder woman represents in my opinion. I mean cool she's been in the army and everything, but there are loads of roles that suit skinny army girls.

I have this book.

Ulgwj6l.jpg

This has always been my favorite style for depicting WW.

She is beautiful and curvaceous but can still obviously put a boot in your ass. (like below) While avoiding looking like a She-Hulk wannabe.

hOUdN9o.jpg

That said, I think if Olivia Wilde beefed up a little she could work it. Or maybe Eliza Dushku...

I maybe a little biased though. I have a hefty lady bone for both of them :shifty:

Lol I saw on twitter someone had commented on her being wonder woman wondering if she can do a good american accent and mentioning he thinks her accent is french... Made me laugh seeing as Wonder Woman isn't actually American and I think that was part of the thought process for giving her this role, and of course, that if someone does a tiny bit of research they'd know she's not french... But apparently all accents are French or American right?

I am curious to see if a girl that lean can build her body up that much. I do have my doubts as she's already been some form of gym trainer and still maintains a size zero physique. There are different types of training, but this girl isn't just skinny, she's minuscule! She'd be great for so many other roles, but here was an opportunity to really change the body image the media are constantly presenting to us. A chance that all the teenagers would see a totally different type of form being attractive. Instead all they're going to see is a slightly muscular skinny girl with tiny breasts and hips. Something that is already a look that is around the media. As they have a whole year to train I would have liked to see a girl who's naturally bigger/curvier built to train up. It'd have been far easier and more effective to find a girl who even naturally has some fat (god forbid) on her seeing as they'll be working whoever takes the role to body builder extremes anyway.
It's depressing as this is one of the first roles where a genuinely strong woman can be presented (both physically and mentally) and they pick a girl who still looks physically completely inferior to any man. Wonder woman should be able to look like she can rival Superman. It's like however much women fight to be seen as not completely incompetent, the media throws in a "strong woman" who looks like a kitten. To be fair on this girl she is 5ft 8 and probably can kick ass, but she is still a tiny, light person, and even if she gains 20 pounds of pure muscle she will still be a tiny, light person.

Reactions: Gen
Isabella_deL said:
Wonder woman should be able to look like she can rival Superman.

Like this! :mrgreen:
rOgo7po.jpg

But I agree with you completely on all accounts!

ETA, this is the New 52 Wonder Woman that Katerina mentioned! I would argue that Gal Godat does not look like her personally but that might just be me!

I kind of want to rent The Fast & The Furious movies now to check this lady out, although they aren't really my cup of tea. :think:

ww_zpsc1b7fefa.jpg

galgadot_zpsc6fa4f8c.jpg

I'm not saying that there aren't other women who would be much better, but I still think that she could look like Princess Diana/ Wonder Woman..... Specially with movie magic. I would have preferred they use someone who looks more thick - which could have been even a size 3 compared to this woman, but I think what we should be focusing on is can she act? I have never seen the fast and furious movies past #1. I can put aside the look a bit more if she can have the strength of personality that Wonder Woman possesses.

In that picture she looks like she could actually pull it off as she actually looks like wonder woman (still a skinnier version, but slightly better), but in that picture she doesn't look anything like how she looks in any of the other pictures. The picture doesn't look remotely like her!

Reactions: KaterinaPryde
Isabella_deL said:
In that picture she looks like she could actually pull it off as she actually looks like wonder woman (still a skinnier version, but slightly better), but in that picture she doesn't look anything like how she looks in any of the other pictures. The picture doesn't look remotely like her!

I know! I was surprised when I saw this picture yesterday, after seeing all the other pictures of her. Just goes to show what a good photographer/movie magic can do to someones appearance.

Reactions: Gen
I'm interested to see her act! Like you said WW has such a distinct personality that it'll be awesome if they can capture it. I'm nervous but excited, hahaha.

Reactions: KaterinaPryde
I'm glad they did not cast Gina Carano. While, yes, she was an MMA fighter, she can't act for shit. If you've ever seen Haywire, you would agree. Just not good. And, really, it comes down to the writing. Man of Steel was an ok movie, not a great Superman movie, but the same guy did cowrite the Nolan Batman films, so hopefully he gets it right the second time around. And, really, I'm not so much a WW fan, as much a fan of some of the people who've written her. Unless it's the Justice League Unlimited cartoon WW, then, yeah, ok, both?

KaterinaPryde said:
Isabella_deL said:

I know! I was surprised when I saw this picture yesterday, after seeing all the other pictures of her. Just goes to show what a good photographer/movie magic can do to someones appearance.

I'm still not convinced that pic is her. Was looking through pics of her and all of them look like her except for this one which looks nothing like her. Maybe it's just the angle, but sadly it'd be hard to capture that angle throughout an entire film!

Isabella_deL said:
KaterinaPryde said:
Isabella_deL said:

I'm still not convinced that pic is her. Was looking through pics of her and all of them look like her except for this one which looks nothing like her. Maybe it's just the angle, but sadly it'd be hard to capture that angle throughout an entire film!

Third picture down on this article http://www.barnorama.com/gal-gadot-of-f ... -the-rise/

Isabella_deL said:
KaterinaPryde said:
Isabella_deL said:

Her hair is fluffed out and her left arm is along her thigh which hides how skinny it is. Plus lots of post manipulation to make her darker, or she Just had a tan.

Ronda Rousey is about the build I would like. I have a thing for girls with big shoulders and biceps. If Jennifer Lawrence was a little older she would be perfect.
6zlecf8.gif

tumblr_mdfu11LAOI1rpfztqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzow9aYEgz1qejer8o1_500.jpg

The article is from Empire Online

Fast & Furious veteran Gal Gadot was recently annouced as cinema's first fully-fledged Amazonian extraordinaire, Princess Diana of Themyscira, who you might know best as Wonder Woman. She'll be part of Zack Snyder's DC superhero mash-up due out in 2015, tentatively called - by the internet, at any rate - Batman Vs. Superman, if only because we've been promised some Supes (Henry Cavill) on Bats (Ben Affleck) battles.

Speaking to an Israeli journalist (as picked up by Batman-news.com) in her native Hebrew, Gadot was keen to defend her casting, which has been causing some consternation amongst die-hard fans of the original comics. Here, translated, is what she had to say:

Where were you when you heard the news that you’d been cast as Wonder Woman?

"I was just on my way to shooting in Los Angeles. I landed in New York on a connection flight when my agent, Hadas Lichtenstein, called me. She says to me, 'Wonder Woman!' And I’m like, 'What?' 'The role is yours! And it’s a secret and the news is not yet announced and you can’t tell anyone...'"

"I’m saying to her, 'Are you serious?' Then we both scream! Now I'm on a plane from Israel to New York and I can’t make loud noises, and so I lean on a window, bending down to my legs, and just try to understand it all."

It’s been said that you’re too skinny for the part. Wonder Woman is large-breasted, is that going to change?

"Hmm. I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book', it’d be problematic."

So you’re not going to gain a little weight and start eating carbs before filming begins?

"It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regimen – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu... I’ll gain body mass."

The rather blunt journalist didn't really dance around the problem most fans have with Gadot in the role: her physique. Fortunately, the actress was more than willing to stand her ground, and as Batman Vs. Superman isn't out until 2015 - and it's not clear how big a part Gadot will have in proceedings - there'll be a decent wait to see how things pan out.

I decided to investigate what female fighters look like, then I got distracted and forgot why I was doing it. Anyway here are some random pictures. I guess as long as Gal Gadot lives in a gym until filming starts, she can put on enough mass to look the part.

gKD1ILJ.jpg

CxpZRmu.jpg

h5SpvMa.jpg

pt4gPZT.jpg

G97fFSl.jpg

4xDS3tX.jpg

PlcCtOT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.