AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wondering if anyone can help me

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2016
UK
I've just recently became a model for streamate, the traffic is really good and only being on it for a couple of weeks I've already made $200+. It's saying that my payments are on hold as they're waiting on my payoneer account being activated, but when i log into payoneer it says my account is activated.. ?

I've tried contacting support from both SM and P and I've yet to hear anything back? It's annoying me as I really wanna get the cash into my bank account. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Also I was thinking about just changing it to a check in the mail but after doing some research apparently they put their name and logo on the envelope and as I'm living with my parents I dont exactly want me being a webcam whore being public knowledge LOL. Does anyone receive checks? So stuck on what to do, the support at SM is truly awful

It's been a long time since I signed up with SM but they always say that new models are put on a two week delay, could it be that?

I received exactly one cheque that had the logo on it before switching to Payoneer, lol. But I did hear the logos have been taken off the envelopes, not sure if true or not.

It's been a long time since I signed up with SM but they always say that new models are put on a two week delay, could it be that?

I received exactly one cheque that had the logo on it before switching to Payoneer, lol. But I did hear the logos have been taken off the envelopes, not sure if true or not.

its not that i need the money but like I kinda need the money haha, I want to just switch to cheques but if they have the logo and streamate name on the envelope I can't do that :/

did you have any trouble setting up your payoneer account? my payments have been on hold for over two weeks and no one is getting back to me about it

Calling the models on this site whores might be why they don't want to help you.

He wasn't using 'whore' as a derogatory term. He was stating that he is a camwhore himself. And he doesn't want his parents to know. That's ok. Many of the models on this forum use terms like 'slut,' 'whore,' etc as a positive thing. There is nothing wrong with the word itself, it is merely a state of being. A job description, so-to-speak. All that matters is your use of it. Do you mean it as a negative? Do you mean that the 'whore' is somehow less of a person or less deserving of respect than other humans?

I'm not gonna lie, it took me years (even after I started camming) to fully grasp this concept. That there is no hierarchy when it comes to sexworkers or humanity in general. That one person is not less deserving of respect simply because of what they do/don't do.

Analogy time: A ditch-digger might also be known as a "trenching excavator." He has grown up to hear 'ditch-digger' as derogatory, but he loves his job. He is proud to be a trenching excavator. Now he doesn't mind when people call him a ditch-digger because that's what he is. He only minds when they say it in a haughty, superior way. If they're implying that his job isn't respectable, then he cuts them out of his life. But when he's hanging out with other 'trenching excavators,' they call themselves ditch-diggers, and it's ok. Because words don't matter, but the intent behind them do. Don't worry; I'll step off this soapbox now. I'm just trying to help teach others what it took me years to figure out.

tl;dr: Camwhore is a perfectly acceptable term to describe camgirls/camboys/models. Unless you mean it negatively.

its not that i need the money but like I kinda need the money haha, I want to just switch to cheques but if they have the logo and streamate name on the envelope I can't do that :/

did you have any trouble setting up your payoneer account? my payments have been on hold for over two weeks and no one is getting back to me about it

Streamate is on a 3-week delay. Meaning the money you made by cutoff of your first week might take a while until it's fully cashed out. It sometimes takes less, though. If I recall correctly, when I worked directly with Streamate, the cutoff is Saturday evening (when GMT rolls over into "Sunday"), and payments would be processed by the following Wednesday or Thursday (depending on payment method). When the payment goes in, you'll get a notification that your Payoneer card is loaded, usually by Friday. If you go with Global Bank Transfer, you'll get an email that a payment was sent.

I personally wouldn't switch over to checks right now. Not only can they get lost in the mail, but now that you're waiting on a different method of payment, changing it now might further delay payment and complicate things. Sometimes support is sticky, I'd send another message and be super specific and clear that your Payoneer account is activated fully. Make sure that the Payoneer account is fully set up, if you need to add anything to either site's info, and ask SM when they'll load payment. My guess is that they'll process your payment tomorrow (Wednesday.)

For the record, Streamate changed their business name to something more discreet. However, if getting any check in the mail from an unknown business is gonna raise eyebrows, just stick with Payoneer.

I suppose that if you say anything often enough you can rationalize it. I stand by my original opinion that calling someone a whore is degrading and misogynistic.

Hey there! Long-time check receiver here.

First, I would like to reiterate that changing how you receive payments in the middle of waiting on payments can totally complicate getting the payment you're waiting for, but new payments will just go through the new way.

Next, they don't put anything on the envelope itself. It's a plain windowed envelope showing the parts of the check which have your name and address and their return address. The company name that they put on the check used to be Streamate. Now, it's ICF Technology. They changed that... in 2012 I think (going based on which apartment I was in when I remember noticing it, and that I was about to move out of it, it would've been around summer 2012).

As to the checks getting lost in the mail, this is going to depend on where you live, and what the mail service is like there.

I live in apartments. I've always gotten my checks on Mondays (or Tuesday when Monday was a holiday), except for a few. In December 2012, one didn't show up until Friday. My best guess is that it went to the wrong mail box, and the person who received it simply put it back in the mail. That was the only check that had any issues at that apartment. In October 2013, I moved again, and didn't set up the mail properly, so the first Monday at the new place, the check didn't arrive. That check never arrived, and a few months later the amount was added to another check, like how they do if you didn't get the minimum the previous week.

Fast forward to my current apartment. I had a mail carrier who was very sloppy. Two checks didn't arrive until Thursday this past winter. One check arrived by the hand of a neighbor on Sunday, and she said she got it a few days prior, meaning it went to the wrong mailbox twice. A fourth one went missing, and the very next week a fifth one wasn't in my mailbox on Tuesday (Mon was a holiday), and my fourth missing check was still missing. I called the post office. My phone broke the next day, but I got the fifth missing check. Fourth one was still missing. I went to the post office to tell them that my phone was broken, and had to write out my complaint again, so it might have accidentally counted twice. I did put the reference number on it. We have a new mailman now.

I feel kinda bad about that, since I was just trying to give him a warning, not get him fired. Or maybe he quit after the warning.

Anyway, before this apartment, I would've said "Don't worry about it, I've almost never had a problem with them being lost in the mail", and it would've been true. Because one was a little late, and one was legitimately lost, but the legitimately lost one was my fault, and I try to avoid situations where a check being a week late isn't going to put my finances in trouble. Now I can only say my experiences with it. Out of 5 apartments and 3 states, I've only had major issues at this one. And the only check that never arrived, Streamate eventually noticed that it was never cashed and sent the money with another paycheck.

Do you mean that the 'whore' is somehow less of a person or less deserving of respect than other humans?
That one person is not less deserving of respect simply because of what they do/don't do.

Do you really mean this Iris? Do you honestly think that a person that sells their body is supposed to be respected as much as the Pope?

when they say it in a haughty, superior way

How ironic of you.

Do you really mean this Iris? Do you honestly think that a person that sells their body is supposed to be respected as much as the Pope?

Yes, yes, I do. I try to respect every person just as much as others (regardless of their job) until they give me a reason not to (like the way they treat others, if they're unkind, etc).

Just wanna cut in right here.. I don't understand why you claim calling someone a whore as a definition is derogatory but then go on to say that. You could be honestly asking her if she believes that, which in my opinion would be redundant because she's a sex worker so of course she's going to believe that. Or you could be asking it because you yourself don't think a sex worker shouldn't have as much respect as the pope. I mean it could be some other reason... but I just had to point that out because it confused me a bit. But I am totally open minded if you were intending on a goal I didn't mention. I'd genuinely like to understand.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
I stand by my original opinion that calling someone a whore is degrading and misogynistic.

Do you honestly think that a person that sells their body

You have a problem with a word that's "degrading and misogynistic", yet you have no problem with the exceptionally degrading and misogynistic concept that full service sex workers "sell their bodies". Nice contradiction with your own brain. Sex workers don't sell their bodies. They sell a service that they use their bodies to perform, much like a plumber or a janitor does.

As a former Catholic, I can say that at least some popes would agree that everybody deserves the same amount of respect as everyone else, regardless of occupation. "Hate the sin, not the sinner", "Love your enemy, do good to those who persecute you", and all that.

i would say any good person would deserve more respect as imo the popes usually suck

anyways i personally seriously dislike the word whore but if someone uses it to reference themselves then like who cares, they are comfortable with the label so it's all good.

You don't get to tell women how to feel about the word because 1.) you are a man so the word isn't used towards you derogatively/you can't reclaim it and 2.) you aren't a sex worker
idk why you felt your comment was necessary, especially since you didn't have any advice for OP and only derailed the thread

Two things.

First, yes every one is deserving of respect...until they show they don't deserve it. A long time when I was young there was a TV show where the main character was talking about a woman of ill repute (that was what was used at those times). Everyone else in the show thought of her as not a good person. The main character simply said, "She does not hurt anyone and she earns her own money to live life without stealing from others. Therefore her work is honorable." (paraphrasing there, it was decades ago) That philosophy kind of stuck with me.

And second I had to comment on your choice of the pope. That choice is very relative, VERY. Notwithstanding everything I just said, I was raised Fundamentalist Baptist. I can tell you every Baptist church I attended pretty much thought the pope is the devil incarnate. Baptist and Catholic religions are pretty much polar opposites as Christian ones can be. There is no respect there whatsoever. From their standpoint he's pretty much the most vile man on the face of the earth. So most likely if you were to ask your average Baptist they would tell you a person who 'sells their body' is a lot more respected than the pope. I mean not even a close competition.

why are you even on this forum? i think i smell a troll....

I really don't think he was trying to be a troll though, in his original post. I think he just didn't care for the term 'webcam whore', and it irritated him. I'm not a fan of the phrase either (despite the fact that, by definition, that's what we are), but I realize that a lot of cam girls use the term, so it's something I've just gotten used to hearing. By the way, we had a discussion on here a few years ago about this very thing...I had a different account back then. There even used to be a cam site called Camwhores (Site name's a bit crass for my taste, but whatever), though I see that it's now closed.

I think the posters you should be concerned about are the ones posting these "Help me find this cam girl..." threads the same day that they join...

Reactions: Gen
... If i'm selling my body then I'm making a really good return! Cos I've sold this ONE body to like.. lots and lots of people and never had it change ownership ..ever! It's still mine..every single minute of every single day. Go me!

I suppose that if you say anything often enough you can rationalize it. I stand by my original opinion that calling someone a whore is degrading and misogynistic.
Yes, because you are the almighty one. You, a man, decide what is misogynistic. You, a person who is neither a sex worker or a woman decide what sex workers and women can call each other.

You took away this post from OP. OP needed help, made a joke about being "a camwhore" and you have to be right about everything, so now this thread is about if 'camwhore' is an acceptable term to use.

Newsflash: the thing about opinions is opinions are feelings based, not facts based. If they were facts based, it would be a fact, not an opinion. And you're damn right I think your opinion is wrong. Don't fucking police OP for saying what they want to say in their own thread. Take your motherfucking OPINION and make your own fucking thread to talk about your opinion.

And now since we are so off topic: my opinion is that you should take yours and shove it, forcefully up your ass.

Sincerely,

A CAMWHORE.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hide in models only until someone else wants to pipe the fuck up about something they know nothing about and I get to release the fucking beast.

Yeah that's right, tesla. What the fuck do you know about being a sex worker? Go fucking jack off. Why the fuck are you even on this forum?

Reactions: AutumnDayKink
You don't get to tell women how to feel about the word because 1.) you are a man so the word isn't used towards you derogatively/you can't reclaim it and 2.) you aren't a sex worker
idk why you felt your comment was necessary, especially since you didn't have any advice for OP and only derailed the thread

To take this point a little further, not only do you not get to tell women how to feel about a particular word, you don't get to tell ANYONE how to feel about a title they give themselves. You don't get to tell a woman that can't call herself a cunt. You don't get to tell a man that he can't call himself a bitch. You don't get to tell a trans girl that she can't call herself a woman.

It is so far from your business, "it" might as well be opposing planetary poles.

EDIT I think what's okay to say are things like, "I don't prefer using the word X. I would rather not call myself or others X. I am uncomfortable with X word and would ask that you consider not using it around me."

I really hate to do this... it could be so misinterpreted...

Nikola's gender has nothing to do with the situation. I've seen plenty of girls try to tell other girls they shouldn't be okay with the word whore. The point is that NO ONE can tell anyone else how to feel about something. Why get more upset over it just because he's a man?

All that said, I personally don't like the term whore, but I can deal with it, as long as no insult was meant by it. And if an insult was meant by it, well, that person will not be welcome in my room, but it won't really bother me, as whore does loosely fit what I do.

eally don't think he was trying to be a troll though, in his original post. I think he just didn't care for the term 'webcam whore', and it irritated him. I'm not a fan of the phrase either (despite the fact that, by definition, that's what we are), but I realize that a lot of cam girls use the term, so it's something I've just gotten used to hearing. By the way, we had a discussion on here a few years ago about this very thing...I had a different account back then. There even used to be a cam site called Camwhores (Site name's a bit crass for my taste, but whatever), though I see that it's now closed.
i where only talking about hes secound post. this
o you really mean this Iris? Do you honestly think that a person that sells their body is supposed to be respected as much as the Pope?
if you are going to use a person in the christian religion, then lets see back on it, jesus hanged out with prostetudes, homeless people, and people from every walk of life...
im not a christian, but just pointing out that if you are seriusly going to use a figure like that then dont be ignorent..

I really hate to do this... it could be so misinterpreted...

Nikola's gender has nothing to do with the situation. I've seen plenty of girls try to tell other girls they shouldn't be okay with the word whore. The point is that NO ONE can tell anyone else how to feel about something. Why get more upset over it just because he's a man?

All that said, I personally don't like the term whore, but I can deal with it, as long as no insult was meant by it. And if an insult was meant by it, well, that person will not be welcome in my room, but it won't really bother me, as whore does loosely fit what I do.
Then I would never call you a whore. It's all about what you as a person are comfortable with - OP was obviously cool with calling themselves that and no one else can dictate how you refer to yourself. And you're right - I took it a little far to go with the man jab. I can respect that. There are plenty of male sex workers and this is more about SW than gender by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.