AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

WTF AM I DOING WRONG. GAH.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnySpike

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 27, 2012
Milwaukee, Wi
profiles.myfreecams.com
so, i started on cam4, and went to MFC because I thought the tips would be better... I have been on MFC for about 2 months. When i had the "new model" label I did okay, i think I made about $70, but now, nada, zip, zero, nunca. I have broadcasted 8 times and have NOT GOTTEN A SINGLE TOKEN. I tried started out with clothes on and setting a goal to get naked, Ive started out with top off and had a goal for a dildo show, I have an HD cam, awesome lighting, and i am myself and show my personality. I dont get what im doing wrong... how long does it take to actually make money? I have set a schedule and stuck to it... I just dont get why I cant keep people in my room. On a good night i have a whole 3 people and 5 basics/guests watching. does it take this long to get into a groove? or am i missing something?

Yeah, everyone can read this section, but I think Amber will probably move this thread to Models Only for you when she gets a chance.

In the Models Only section, the START HERE thread (near the top of the page) is a great place to start reading to get tons of info. :)

by all means, feel free to move to the 'secluded inner sanctum,' but had u posted there first, a few of us reading this that actually are responsible for tipping wouldn't have had any clue you were even on...
:whistle:

Im not sure what you are doing wrong since I've never seen you on cam. It does take a while to build up regulars and such. I wouldn't feel too bad though. MFC has been tough for a lot of people lately. Not sure whats going on, but the last 2 months have been the slowest I have had in the 9 months I've been camming.

Get a Twitter account for your MFC
Advertise yourself on here
Ensure your links to your profile on here work

I wouldn't worry about it too much at the moment, it does take time to build up but you must ensure you make it as easy as possible for folk to get to you!

Reactions: 1 person
Could be that too many women are camming anymore. When I started coming to MFC there was around 600 models around on off-hours and maybe 850-900 at peak hours. Now, at 11am on a friday there's 1,150 models online. It's madness. I can only assume it's just taking away business from older models and making it even harder for the newer models since well... More models will keep coming, but tippers stay the same or decrease :lol:

Have you tried different sites? I messed up ALOT when i first started camming, I thought I had to be like every other model. I moved to a different site and started being myself, after that the tips started rolling in. Not a lot of models are like me and that sets me apart, I do off the wall shit and say crazy things and I'm the exact same way IRL. Guys say all the time "Wow, you're crazy as hell but I like you!, You're funny and REAL"

Your hours are all over the place.

If someone found you and didn't favourite you, it would be hard for them to find you again. You might also be off the front page with a cam score of ~500, so only your regulars will find you.

Also send the live feed and twitter notices, as It really helps me with catching up with models I don't see online much.

Since Feb 17, you've been online on 5 different days and spent 12 hours online. I think you should try a little bit more before conclude that MFC isn't for you ;)

That being said, your camscore might be a big obstacle, unfortunately.

im not exactly a fabulously successful cam model on mfc butttt i would say

have a plan of some sort. go look at diff girls profiles mfc is all about creativity most guys dont come to mfc just to jack off and leave. most of the very successful ladies have all sorts of vids/pics for sale, some sort of weekly game routine, raffles or a special section of their profile dedicated to their best and coolest regulars. you dont have to straight up steal ideas but it could give you inspiration.

have a a schedule. stick to it as close as possible like other people said make a twitter and let people know when you are coming on, what your doing that night and if you cant make it.

also yeah the models only section will be your friend you wont even need to ask the answers are all in their just root around.

if all else fails. leave! mfc is not the only place out there to cam and do well there are a ton of other sites. i way overstayed on mfc fearing the new and i make way more money on another site now. i still cam on mfc sometimes but if things arent going good i know i can log off and go make my rent money elsewhere which is a good feeling.

BunnySpike said:
how do you make the links in the signature work?

[ url=your url here ]Link[ /url ]

Without the spaces, around each of your links.

mine looks like this:

Code:
[b]Exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. And happy people just don't kill their fanbase.

* * * [url=http://ladylunasplace.adultforumhost.com/][color=#0000BF] Forum[/color][/url] * * * [url=http://twitter.com/#!/EveMatteo][color=#BF0000]Twitter[/color][/url] * * * [url=http://http://ladylunasplace.blogspot.com/][color=#8000BF]Blog[/color][/url] * * *
[/b]

Please remember: [url=http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb06/egos.aspx]Text is easy to misinterpret[/url]

Everyone who uses MFC should read the [url=http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Rules_and_Guidelines]MFC Rules[/url].

I messed up a lot when I first started, I was trying to find my groove. It dropped my score wayyy low. So I had stopped camming for a bit, dropped about 65+ lbs, found these forums (TY AMBER!!) and just read about mistakes as well as watched other cams to see what made the room tick.

I'm slowly building up my regs and some really nice people too, I'm not too worried about my score anymore because I know it may take a little time to dig out of the hole I put myself in, but hey hard work is what pays off!!

To the OP though before I ramble and get side tracked, just hang in there it will get better in the long run! :-D

Reactions: ricky ray
BunnySpike said:
so, i started on cam4, and went to MFC because I thought the tips would be better... I have been on MFC for about 2 months. When i had the "new model" label I did okay, i think I made about $70, but now, nada, zip, zero, nunca. I have broadcasted 8 times and have NOT GOTTEN A SINGLE TOKEN. I tried started out with clothes on and setting a goal to get naked, Ive started out with top off and had a goal for a dildo show, I have an HD cam, awesome lighting, and i am myself and show my personality. I dont get what im doing wrong... how long does it take to actually make money? I have set a schedule and stuck to it... I just dont get why I cant keep people in my room. On a good night i have a whole 3 people and 5 basics/guests watching. does it take this long to get into a groove? or am i missing something?

Not all cam sites are equal, as you have learned, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with traffic, but how the site is made to run.

I don't know about Cam4, but MFC is a site that pulls in extremely high traffic where models have to put a lot of focus on entertaining members and guests until someone decides to tip them or pay for a private show. MFC advertising has such a high emphasis on members not having to pay models to get sexual content that we usually have to rely on regulars to meet our goals. This means that without having members that enjoy your personality and style, that will be on often and spend time in your room, you could have a very hard time making it on MFC.

I think MFC places a lot of emphasis on personal connection. There are thousands of gorgeous and talented models who work there, and without being able to represent yourself as a person it can be tough.

Other websites, like Streamate, focus more on sexy shows with less connection or relationships to people (and in fact SM makes it very difficult to have a virtual relationship with members)

It all depends on where your talents lie. If you are skilled at connecting to people, maintaining a strong presence and have the ability to be very active, MFC can be great; otherwise, I would look for another website. IMO it is good for a model to be a member of a few different sites.

MyCamgirl said:
That being said, your camscore might be a big obstacle, unfortunately.

Oh, ick, my camscore is way worst than hers. I spend way too much time on cam hoping I'll get someone interesting in to talk to me. Gotta fix that!

Reactions: LexieBlair
Status
Not open for further replies.