AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Yellow Wall Etiquette?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

If you are tipping a model during a yellow wall, which response do you like most?

• Thank every single tip

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Thank every tipper (multiple times but spaced out)

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • General thanks "Thank you to all of my tippers!" every minute or so

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • General thanks only at the end of yellow wall

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other (Explain below)

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ComicOzzie said:
I had a yellow wall incident on Saturday that I have never experienced before and I would like feedback from models and members on how you would have handled it.

I was in a model friends' room and we had just completed a countdown for a shower show. (Yes, I was one of the tippers.) At that point, a member announced he was going to begin a 1 token yellow wall of 500 tokens. (Yes, that's 500 separate tips of 1 token each.) He proceeded to do this for the next 40 minutes and finally stopped after so many members complained. (At that point, he had tipped 350 times.) The model clearly did not want to offend him, but finally begged him to stop.

Comments?

I definitely wouldn't have complained about that. I mean, it probably shouldn't take 40 minutes to get them all out, but still - a tip is a tip and that's a damn cute way to do it!

Reactions: ComicOzzie
ComicOzzie said:
I had a yellow wall incident on Saturday that I have never experienced before and I would like feedback from models and members on how you would have handled it.

I was in a model friends' room and we had just completed a countdown for a shower show. (Yes, I was one of the tippers.) At that point, a member announced he was going to begin a 1 token yellow wall of 500 tokens. (Yes, that's 500 separate tips of 1 token each.) He proceeded to do this for the next 40 minutes and finally stopped after so many members complained. (At that point, he had tipped 350 times.) The model clearly did not want to offend him, but finally begged him to stop.

Comments?

What's the point? The model already knows the amount she's being given, there's no mystery to the wall or anything. He's just decided to spend 40 minutes doing something that could have taken him 10 seconds and annoyed everyone in the process.

ComicOzzie said:

Comments?

I really can not decide if what the member was doing was right or not without being in the room and seeing what else was going on. If a lot of people were tipping then it was an annoyance, but if he was the only tipper then I do not see the big concern about it. If you were the model what would you put up with for $25? If I was the model I would have turned off the tip noise and let the money roll in at the pace the dude wanted to give it to me at.

I have been in several rooms and saw freeloaders complaining about the tip noise distracting from there enjoyment of the show they were watching for free.

ComicOzzie said:

Comments?
I would have asked the dude to at least make it increments of 10, that would still be a decent sized wall, get all the tokens to the model and be a hell of a lot quicker/less annoying in the process.

I think I would've turned the sound off and taken my shower.

But since I wear glasses, everyone understands that I won't be able to read anything while I'm in the shower anyway, so comments/tips/private/group- everything gets ignored until the show is over.

ComicOzzie said:

Comments?

Not a big deal. The best solution would have been for the model to simply turn down her volume. That way the guy could have kept going.

Now, IF, the model doesn't mind then the other members complaining don't mean crap to me. I get complaints about tipping two tokens all the time. I actually do it on purpose for several reasons I won't go into here. I find the members who complain about it the most usually never tip ANY. So their opinion carries no weight with me.

Premiums that complain about low token tips, or the volume of them, telling me I should just tip it all at once simply have no creativity. I tell them to tip and show me how it's done. Show me up I dare you. :p I have that opinion because I've tipped a few two token tips in my day. One time for a models birthday I tipped her 2 token tips continuously for the 8 hours she was on cam. I earned my emote. (After a couple hours they get use to it)

Attachments

• 3526306c.jpg
    3526306c.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 130
The only real annoyances from a yellow wall are 1. the noise (which obviously I could just turn down in my sound mixer on windows) and 2. missing chat due to the wall scrolling my screen so fast. Sometimes my room can get pretty talkative, and I already miss some lines of chat, so if a yellow wall/rain went on for quite a while and chat was still persisting, I'd probably miss a lot more.

That being said, I really appreciate DO token rain and yellow walls, ESPECIALLY when it encourages others to join in. I don't set a minimum tip amount nor turn my nose up at 1 token tips, but if it was going on for 40 minutes (like was described in the previous post) I may feel a little perturbed at it. I appreciate that I am getting that many tokens, but it could have a negative effect on everyone's overall enjoyment of the room. We all know that a model's success is a group effort, so turning off other people in that possible group is not a great thing.

Every model will have her preferences. If your favorite model's happiness and enjoyment are important to you, I think asking how she feels about it is a good idea (or try it a couple times and see what the feedback is like.)

AmberCutie said:
I don't set a minimum tip amount nor turn my nose up at 1 token tips, but if it was going on for 40 minutes (like was described in the previous post) I may feel a little perturbed at it.

The 8 hours I mentioned wasn't a solid yellow that whole time. It was every few seconds or so, basically ensuring she had a tip on her screen at all times the whole day. And she was happy about it. She was getting a lot of other tips that day too so mine more blended in than interfered.

JerryBoBerry said:
AmberCutie said:
I don't set a minimum tip amount nor turn my nose up at 1 token tips, but if it was going on for 40 minutes (like was described in the previous post) I may feel a little perturbed at it.

The 8 hours I mentioned wasn't a solid yellow that whole time. It was every few seconds or so, basically ensuring she had a tip on her screen at all times the whole day. And she was happy about it. She was getting a lot of other tips that day too so mine more blended in than interfered.
I was mainly referring to

ComicOzzie said:
to begin a 1 token yellow wall of 500 tokens. (Yes, that's 500 separate tips of 1 token each.) He proceeded to do this for the next 40 minutes and finally stopped after so many members complained. (At that point, he had tipped 350 times.) The model clearly did not want to offend him, but finally begged him to stop.
Since it sounded to be pretty continuous for the full 40 minutes. I guess it would depend on my mood that day as well as how the room was reacting to it, but I have a feeling that might get a bit monotonous.

mynameisbob84 said:
What's the point? The model already knows the amount she's being given, there's no mystery to the wall or anything. He's just decided to spend 40 minutes doing something that could have taken him 10 seconds and annoyed everyone in the process.

This.

All tips are good, and I'd hate to complain about it and then be known as an ungrateful model who's picky about how she receives her tips, but at the same time that noise gets annoying (my son's asleep in his room next door, and I'll have to turn down the volume and ask everyone else in the room to turn down their volume too, I guess), and what's the point of doing that? Is it just for the satisfaction of knowing that his tips took over the entire screen? Like Yeah, I'm the mothafuckin' man! That's ALL ME all over her computer screen...ALL ME...YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! :character-beavisbutthead: Or is it because he thinks spreading out several tips of 1 token - instead of one big 500-token tip - will get more applause and more of an OMG! reaction? *shrugs shoulders* I'm not gonna question him about it though. (I remember tipping a SM model tips of $5 Gold a few times in a row, and she was like "Why are you giving me small amounts? Why don't you just tip it all?," and I didn't care for her diva-like unappreciative tone, so I never tipped her again after that...)

Recently I had to spend quite some time going through my MFC Mail, because I had SEVERAL pages worth of 1-token offline tips, and I wanted to deduct the total from my room topic. It took me a while to figure out the total amount he had tipped. :? I was still happy about the tips, though part of me was thinking Really, dude??? LOL. I still sent him an enthusiastic 'Thank you!' MFC Mail though, because it's still a tip which deserves a thank you.

The_Brown_Fox said:
I'll have to turn down the volume and ask everyone else in the room to turn down their volume too, I guess.

I never have the tip noise turned on while I cam, primarily because most of my regulars do like to do small yellow walls. And the sound comes from YOUR mic, Fox, so you wouldn't have to bother telling anyone else to turn it down. :thumbleft:

As for the walls... I enjoy them. Usually a wall will last anywhere between 1 minute and 2 hours. However, I have had regulars (ones who tip, not just freeloaders) complain about not being able to chat. I understand this. When there is only room for chat every other line, it is easy to overlook someone's post. Which causes people to get annoyed and leave. So essentially, if you are going to wall a girl (not Cask of Amontillado-style, hopefully), do it in small bursts. Get out 10 tokies at a time, then wait about 5 minutes to do it again. It will give her time to interact with others, AND it'll give you that attention. If you just do them the whole time, you'll essentially be making her lose WAY more money than your couple hundred tokies. Think before you act, even if your intentions are good.

I think if the guy in question had announced beforehand that he was going to tip 500 tokens it wouldn't be as fun. Kinda takes away the mystery of the thing, no? I would much rather he just do it and be like "ohmygod that's 500 tokens" rather than have him announce it first.

But then again, what do I know? I've never had a yellow wall. :dontknow:

Reactions: LadyLuna
"Other"
How someone shows their appreciation varies from person-to-person, and that's one of the many things that make any model "unique".
Some giggle, smile sweetly, and say "Thank you ______ !", but not for every. single. tip. (which would seriously disrupt the vibe of the room).
Personally, when I run a 'Wall, it's to see it make it all the way to the top of the screen because I like seeing my name in yellow and I'm just as addicted to hearing that little tip-chime as everyone else. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.