AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You have now entered...the Mindfuck thread.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one I used to think about a lot as a teenager ...

Light from the sun takes around 8 minutes to reach us. So, when you see the sun in the sky, it is no longer actually in that place - it has moved 8 minutes onwards in its journey. You're looking at where the sun was 8 minutes ago.

This also relates to everything you see even here on earth. When you're next talking to a person, realise that what you see with your eyes has already happened. It is all in the past.

When you look at the stars, you are looking waaay into the past. The sky is a veritable time machine.

:-D

• We shed our skin cells every 35 days
  • Most of the adult skeleton is replaced every 10 years
  • The average age of a fat cell is 10 years
  • Our neocortical neurons, the cell type that mediates much of our cognition, are produced prenatally and retained for our entire lifespan

Attachments

• 1025490_477419679011113_927566469_o.jpg
    1025490_477419679011113_927566469_o.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 66
Dolicky said:

Light from the sun takes around 8 minutes to reach us. So, when you see the sun in the sky, it is no longer actually in that place - it has moved 8 minutes onwards in its journey. You're looking at where the sun was 8 minutes ago.

This also relates to everything you see even here on earth. When you're next talking to a person, realise that what you see with your eyes has already happened. It is all in the past.

When you look at the stars, you are looking waaay into the past. The sky is a veritable time machine.

To take this a little further... it is impossible to live in the present. All of our senses take time to travel and be processed by our brains. We are always living a little bit in the past, milliseconds maybe, but it is the past. :think:

Reactions: AwesomeKate
Just Me said:
Dolicky said:

To take this a little further... it is impossible to live in the present. All of our senses take time to travel and be processed by our brains. We are always living a little bit in the past, milliseconds maybe, but it is the past. :think:

maybe you are living in the past, but it's already tomorrow in Australia

God said:
i had some classwork proving math theories

the last one the teacher gave us to prove was "chances are, if your parents didn't have children, you won't either"

Fallacy.
My parents didn't have any children that lived and I have 3 kids.

maybe the wording should be "birth mother"

Am I arguing with God?!?!? oh noes

Status
Not open for further replies.