AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Your top 3 advises for a new cam girl/boy/ts!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I thought would be nice to have a thread where everyone can share their top 3 advises for a new cam performer based on their experience.

I start with the following:

1. Be active
2. Be positive
3. Be friendly
1. Be consistent with your schedule
2. Don't let members be pushy or rude to you to get what they want. YOUR HOUSE, YOUR RULES. If you let people get away with fuckery, it will never stop. Be clear with your boundaries and firm, too.
3. Don't compare yourself to other models. EVER. It's toxic and not the vibe. It's fine to peek in and see what the vibe of other people's shows are if you're looking for inspiration - then put your own unique twist to it - but it's NOT the move to lurk in other models' rooms and get really down on yourself because you're not getting tons of tips like they are. Everyone starts somewhere and everyone who's successful has a story of hard work to get there that's probably not known. Focus on making your corner of the universe special.

That used to be the case with Ohmibod, to a degree, but the Lovense toys have come a long way since then and the intensity and steadiness of the vibration is super. I am not someone who finds it easy to get aroused on cam by that type of thing.. I get very shy which interferes with the experience and yet with Lush I can. Also, the interaction makes it so much more pleasurable than doing it on your own simply because it’s unexpected.. twists and turns so to speak. If you have some time do give them a try I promise you will be positively surprised, the vibration is quite strong. That said I don’t insert it (personal preference) I use it as a bullet in my panties.
WOW.. I had no idea that it could give pleasurable moments. Should get it for myself. Thanks!

I'm saying this peacefully but that's this business main issue and the reason why audience and money have so massively dried these last few years. The whole industry (camsites, studios, camgirls) tend to only think from their perspective, totally ignoring visitors' one, who are basically considered as a bunch of lonely, deluded suckers and weirdos who need to be fooled and fleeced whatever the way.

Keep ignoring it and keep seeing people leaving and stop tipping. And keep seeing the job becoming more and more hard to stand.

This is not your daddy's industry anymore (pun intended). It is more and more maturing. The business, audience and cash have changed and will continue to change. Some of the advice I'm reading here were still somehow valuable for a girl who started a few years ago, but will be less and less useful for a new girl in the future.

And they come from a few girls who succeeded that way. But where are all the girls who failed following these advice (99%) ? You'll never hear about them. So don't think because it worked for you, that it is the universal business model. That might just be that people liked you. I've seen many girls doing pretty much the exact opposite and making boatloads just because they were cute for someone, which at the end of the day is all about..

What I’m talking about is industry as a whole, not individual girls who succeeded for whatever reason and are less and less numerous nowadays (or making less and less money).
look at these new girls who can survive their first 6 months and they're pretty much all from the same variety: professional adult entertainer putting the hours on cam to offer adult content, with more and more studio girls and less and less indies.

Remember when guys were jumping and fighting on new girls on MFC to be their new “friends” and teach the noob…?Now, there’s barely a new indie, their room is a desert and most of them retire within a month, none of the others who will really make a name for themselves to replace former top girls who have been leaving by grapes, after losing their whales… There must be a reason, as there must be a reason why there are still girls on Chaturbate, Streamate or Bongacams making great money with hot, hard show (many of them who started as softer girls).

The “camgirl effect” that used to mesmerize and fascinate guys just for the sake of being a “camgirl,” there on cam on a adult site has been vanishing. There are and will always be guys glorifying and worshipping camgirls, but overall the mass kind of woke up to focus more and more on content, independently of “personality”, whatever that's’s supposed to mean on a sex site.

What “being yourself” is supposed to mean anyway? Is an actor or a singer the same on stage than IRL? Would any girl saying that you have to be yourself would be so naturally friendly and smiling with bunches of random stranger dudes craving for their attention IRL, acting and reacting as they do on cam? Or would they tell them to got get fucked on the moon, calling their BF (oh wait, what BF?). Would these ladies ask their real life friends money for their birthday month, car, house, bills, *cough* health issues or to just to “make them happy...?” Of course, you're not yourself on cam, starting by your name. You're a persona.

And I have no doubt that lovense can bring some token in, just like I have no doubt that it is damaging at term and will keep turning people away from camgirls room, specially the most ressourceful ones. (you can’t by definition trust the ones coming in to evalute its impact).

I remember a couple years ago, ladies still making their money laughing and mocking in their room at these other “ridiculous, shameless girls” with their lovense clownery…" That’ll never be me, I’m better than that… I have standards."

Fast forwards to 2021, they all sporting one (or supposedly anyway), oh' ah'ing all around… Why? Because money’s been drying and you gotta find way… (Not like when lovense is connected, you can see that big pink light on top and hear big vibrating sounds, even in da vajay.

But hey… “Be yourself”.

Reactions: Mysterious Lady
And since I'm on a roll... Those weird, alien looking like, blue eye lenses that evey other girl is using nowadays and make them look barely human ..... "yes, yes, no shit that's my real eyes, you guys live blue yes, dontcha?

Now, come on.

If there's something you can't and should'nt fake, that's you eyes. Irony is people will always prefer your natural ones. Another example of why you should maybe sometimes try to see thing form their perspective. That's a detail (also maybe not so) but just another reason many people are stepping back.

Marlene Dietrich :
“I dress for the image,” she announced. “Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men.
The image?
A conglomerate of all the parts I’ve ever played on the screen.
When I was in The Blue Angel people thought that was me: they really thought that was me!

Be Yourself - the biggest lie ever told.
The biggest lie in the world is when people say 'Be Yourself' because i have a news for you - no one like the anyone's real self - who likes an honest, confronting, seemingly impolite person calling out the BS. Everyone has a mask on, even with their families; pretending to like the in-laws at times, visiting someone when all they want to do it is the opposite.

Read everything.
Without ignoring the facts.
You Choose!

Every decision you make, from your choices to how you respond to the circumstances of your life shapes your destiny and how your life will turn out.

21st century. - 2021

Nothing Is As It Was.​

We want and need everything, one click away!​

Last edited:
Reactions: NotYou
Ssomething came to my mind while I was storing my laundry (which is always very inspiring).

In any other industry, being very attentive to your always evolving customers will, tastes, expectations, trends… and adapting accordingly is essential. What was working in a business yesterday is not necessarily what was working today and will work tomorrow. Times change, people, change, businesses change.

And since you don’t necessarily get all that from your own little finger, that’s why they make studies, analyses and stuff to see what people want, are ready to pay for, why some don’t, always anticipating and thinking middle or long term to try to keep or reach new markets.

There’s no global vision and no middle or even short term thinking in the sex business. It’s everyone for their own ass, targeting as easy, quick and big cash as possible and using whatever seem to work at a t instant, even though that is actually not. And from that perspective, targeting suckers and delude guys check all the boxes.

Hell, you can even call it an industry if you consider that despite generating billion of dollars, and contrary to any single, random industry, there’s no such thing as even a little union (which could be very useful for your girls to stop being racketed by camsites and studios).

Anyway, not putting everyone in the same bag, but lots of people of this business have the arrogance and delusion to believe they know it all. They know better, they’re smarter than the rest of the world, which is a form of self empowerment I guess. No need to listen or try to understand to your audience, (reason why a site like MFC has so badly collapsed where girls who thought they succeeded there thanks the power of their brain suddenly lost half or 90% of the incomes, while they succeeded because of context and conjecture, not for structural reasons.

They didn’t or couldn’t adapt cos they didn’t understood or didn’t want to understand what was going on. Thing is what you’re judging from is people in your room… probably why some girls seem to think we’re all a bunch lonely, desperate suckers. What about guys who don’t enter rooms and don’t tip (outside of financial issues)? 95% of people on camsites don’t pay and not all are broke or cheap ass freeloaders. They just don’t like to be taken for suckers. Nobody likes (expect suckers).

And the more time passes, if nothing changes, the more audience and money will dry. Look at all the girls who change their schedule to try to see if there’s still money there. Many girls gave up with all these silent rooms full of freeloaders and smaller tippers.

You’d also have to take into consideration camsite demography and the fact that, the cam industry really started to boom in the early 2010s and that no matter what, just like camgirls members come and go, the potential new tipping members that a camsite always have to attract are more and more constituted by new turned or young adults. And by definition, that population is less ressourceful and more attracted by sex stuff than making soulmate or seeking ultimate glory in owning his little camsite cam baby.

Marlene Dietrich :
“I dress for the image,” she announced. “Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men.
The image?
A conglomerate of all the parts I’ve ever played on the screen.
When I was in The Blue Angel people thought that was me: they really thought that was me!

Be Yourself - the biggest lie ever told.
The biggest lie in the world is when people say 'Be Yourself' because i have a news for you - no one like the anyone's real self - who likes an honest, confronting, seemingly impolite person calling out the BS. Everyone has a mask on, even with their families; pretending to like the in-laws at times, visiting someone when all they want to do it is the opposite.

Read everything.
Without ignoring the facts.
You Choose!

Every decision you make, from your choices to how you respond to the circumstances of your life shapes your destiny and how your life will turn out.

21st century.

We want and need everything, one click away!​

Who was that guy who said once:" All the world’s a stage"? Ah, yes that Shakespeare dude.

That is even truer with social media and some people building their own deluded online cult there based on whatever trendy tells them they should be... A whole world of unicorns, artists and prophets with super profound thoughts about the meaning of life on their body who can't stop tweeting how you should be yourself and do whatever makes you happy. How fucking genius is that, never thought about it.

(Nothing against tats in a vacuum)

Now, that becomes freudian if you imagine a person living their own cult through persona on an adult site...

another three:

1: ignore every camsplaining members. you'll eventually learn that most have garbage advice that only is relevant to that member's camming preferences.
2: wear and express yourself however you want. if it makes you feel empowered, keep it up.
3: the industry isnt dying. don't listen to any rumors from people saying the industry has taken a dive. i have been hearing this for almost a decade, and it's still booming. if anything this industry is pretty volatile. that's why us veteran models are always chirping "learn to adapt."

Last edited:
A whole world of unicorns, artists and prophets with super profound thoughts about the meaning of life
You forgot poets . There are some super profound poets out there too... even on this very forum :giggle:
Don't forget to complain about them now also, while you're at it, with another one of your diatribes.

Last edited:
@MarkJanus Is there anything about cam models that you do like? Just wondering.....

I'm saying this peacefully but that's this business main issue and the reason why audience and money have so massively dried these last few years.
Doesn't seem to be drying up seems to be growing.

As for this thread, there is no doubt in my mind that the biggest cause of failure is the same exact cause of failure for any other work from home be your own boss scenario:

1. You need to have self-discipline

1) Ignore everything said by @MarkJanus
1) x2

2) Don't Bring personal data to anyone

3) Know your limits, know when you cannot broadcast, and have a free day at least (more if you do anal shows).

And with the lovense issue, I tell you in my personal case it feels good the vibrations, I'm born as a male, it feels good to me when some one tips, maybe it's for the g-spot it's in the prostate on males. It never had me make insta cum or something but feels good. I think it's more the interaction with some who it's tipping me and enjoying my show.

Don't tell my members, but I could have the Lush and Ferri going on high for my whole 3 hour stream and not react at all....

The Domi on the other hand... I'm obsessed with.

What would you think of the idea of a belt that holds the Domi in place without hands, so that tips would activate it by surprise? Would that be too intense? I think viewers would love the idea.

What about the idea of having the Domi mounted as the external vibrator, and synchronized with a Lush that is inserted?

I'm saying this peacefully but that's this business main issue and the reason why audience and money have so massively dried these last few years. The whole industry (camsites, studios, camgirls) tend to only think from their perspective, totally ignoring visitors' one, who are basically considered as a bunch of lonely, deluded suckers and weirdos who need to be fooled and fleeced whatever the way.
Where is the data to support your assertion that the webcam modeling business is getting smaller? I do not see that. What I do see is a demographic shift and a broadening of the base. So maybe a little bit less comes from the whales and a little bit more comes from the middle. A member here who has access to good data could fill that out for us.

The problem for models that I see is the competition is growing at an even faster rate than the market size. If you look on CB's new model tag during the European daytime, it is a non stop stream of new 18, 19, and 20 year old women (mostly Russians) trying to get "easy money" and entering the business in droves. That's a real challenge for models, particularly when men have the attention span of fruit flies and are always looking for the next new piece of fruit. (Sorry for such a crude analogy.) Even taking into account that 80% of them will fail and leave during the first three months, they get replaced by the next wave, and a lot of long-term model revenue gets tied up by these new entrants.

The rest of your post unfortunately reads like someone who is complaining about the good old days, and I am pretty sure there were never any good old days. There were just different days in the past, and the present and the future are not necessarily worse, just different. Personally, I have no problems finding some of the best-looking women I have seen, with interesting personalities and good intelligence, and I am often shocked that I am one of the only people in their room talking to them. I feel the only thing getting in the way of my own goals is me. I need to improve my conversational skill. I need to be a better man. I need to do a better job of understanding what a webcam model is and is not. I need to listen better and understand more. I need to get better at identifying when an interaction is pointless and learning to walk away faster when I realize that. I do not feel locked out from opportunity by any of the issues you discuss.

Where is the data to support your assertion that the webcam modeling business is getting smaller? I do not see that. What I do see is a demographic shift and a broadening of the base. So maybe a little bit less comes from the whales and a little bit more comes from the middle. A member here who has access to good data could fill that out for us.

The problem for models that I see is the competition is growing at an even faster rate than the market size. If you look on CB's new model tag during the European daytime, it is a non stop stream of new 18, 19, and 20 year old women (mostly Russians) trying to get "easy money" and entering the business in droves. That's a real challenge for models, particularly when men have the attention span of fruit flies and are always looking for the next new piece of fruit. (Sorry for such a crude analogy.) Even taking into account that 80% of them will fail and leave during the first three months, they get replaced by the next wave, and a lot of long-term model revenue gets tied up by these new entrants.

The rest of your post unfortunately reads like someone who is complaining about the good old days, and I am pretty sure there were never any good old days. There were just different days in the past, and the present and the future are not necessarily worse, just different. Personally, I have no problems finding some of the best-looking women I have seen, with interesting personalities and good intelligence, and I am often shocked that I am one of the only people in their room talking to them. I feel the only thing getting in the way of my own goals is me. I need to improve my conversational skill. I need to be a better man. I need to do a better job of understanding what a webcam model is and is not. I need to listen better and understand more. I need to get better at identifying when an interaction is pointless and learning to walk away faster when I realize that. I do not feel locked out from opportunity by any of the issues you discuss.
Everything that guy says is completely made up and inaccurate. I don't think anyone on this whole forum pays serious attention to him.
As models, we keep our own data and numbers. Literally, nothing he is saying is true.
Take me for example, I can track my monthly sales and traffic across all sites, the last 6 years (fully).
I'm not sharing any numbers in the public part of this forum, but trust me, his words are a comedy (but also kinda sad he's that personally bitter, and angry, however not my problem - his)

He is talking out of his Janus... again.

I wouldn't waste any time taking a word he says seriously, it's all just joke and comedy fodder.
I also wouldn't waste my time speculating on numbers etc. All of us (models) have access to our own numbers, sales, personal traffic etc etc. You guys don't. It's all imaginary ramblings, and pure speculation, on your guy's part, and I mean that nicely, but honestly.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I thought would be nice to have a thread where everyone can share their top 3 advises for a new cam performer based on their experience.

I start with the following:

1. Be active
2. Be positive
3. Be friendly

As a viewer, I think your top three list is spot on.

1. Be Active. It is entertainment, so there needs to actually be a show. That means you are doing or saying something that entertains people. What are your talents, and who is your target customer? Thing about those things and design show elements around that. The very top models are often like talk-show hosts: very verbal and very interactive with their audience. If you do not want your show to be about sex acts, then maybe think about wearing really sex outfits and doing a lot of teasing for tokens. But if you say nothing then at minimum it needs to be interesting to watch you.

2. Be Positive. I think that is great advice too. Some of these viewers just need a pick-me-up and need some positive energy in their day. If you see the model constantly frustrated and showing that in her expressions and words and actions, then it is easier to just find a new model.

3. Be Friendly. This is actually maybe the most important item. It amazes me that new models fail to understand that all of those purple members entering their room and saying "hi" are potential customers. Show them that you see them and that you welcome them. If it takes you three minutes to respond, he is already gone in most cases. Right or wrong, many members will just assume that you are too into your own problems and will never interact with them. So you need to welcome potential customers and qualify them as customers, or identify them as freeloaders if that is what they are. If they look like time wasters then you can back off the conversation.

I wouldn't waste any time taking a word he says seriously, it's all just joke and comedy fodder.
I also wouldn't waste my time speculating on numbers etc. All of us (models) have access to our own numbers, sales, personal traffic etc etc. You guys don't. It's all imaginary ramblings, and pure speculation, on your guy's part, and I mean that nicely, but honestly.

No one needs to rely on imagination to understand that the webcam modeling business is growing. This article discusses general market trends, and contains this quote:

"Laszlo Czero is the former CEO of jasmin.com and current consultant to streamate.com – two leading corporations in the field. He estimates that profits for webcam hosting sites will reach between US$2 and US$3 billion in 2016 alone. Cams.com affiliate Harry Varwijk estimates that profits yielded by webcam hosting will reach $10 billion by 2020. One of the most popular webcam sites – livejasmin.com – has 40m visitors a day, and has made its founder, Gyorgi Gattyan, Hungary’s richest man."

I am not trying to dot the "i" and cross the "t". But I am pretty sure with less than three hours invested, I could get enough data to validate or invalidate the above claims by industry insiders.

My point is only that he was making broad factual claims about the industry without presenting any data at all. And even a no-nothing imbecile like me can find enough data in two minutes to show he is wrong.

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
No one needs to rely on imagination to understand that the webcam modeling business is growing. This article discusses general market trends, and contains this quote:

"Laszlo Czero is the former CEO of jasmin.com and current consultant to streamate.com – two leading corporations in the field. He estimates that profits for webcam hosting sites will reach between US$2 and US$3 billion in 2016 alone. Cams.com affiliate Harry Varwijk estimates that profits yielded by webcam hosting will reach $10 billion by 2020. One of the most popular webcam sites – livejasmin.com – has 40m visitors a day, and has made its founder, Gyorgi Gattyan, Hungary’s richest man."

I am not trying to dot the "i" and cross the "t". But I am pretty sure with less than three hours invested, I could get enough data to validate or invalidate the above claims by industry insiders.

My point is only that he was making broad factual claims about the industry without presenting any data at all. And even a no-nothing imbecile like me can find enough data in two minutes to show he is wrong.
Well as long as you're disproving what he is saying, then fair enough.

Can I put in a request that you refute all of that BS he said about the way models view Members and Regulars too? That was more offensive, and potentially damaging to all the guys out here in public. Pisses me off, but I'm kinda busy RN, and not in the mood for his delusional garbage.

1. There is good money to be made in this industry, but sometimes it takes a lot of time, energy and creativity to find out exactly what it is that will make you money. Whether that means being the most authentic form of yourself you are comfortable with sharing on the internet, adopting a persona that is completely different from your real self, using a Lush, not using any toys at all, being hardcore/explicit, being non-nude, etc. There's a lot of paying members out there and they're not all looking for the same thing. Figure out what niche you fit well in and make sure it's not something that is too hard for you to personally keep up with, because burn out is real and it's a bitch. If something isn't working for you, don't be afraid to change it up to something else you are comfortable with. Don't feel like you need to go outside your comfort zone to make money.

2. This is going to sound harsh, but this industry is not suited for everyone. Sometimes, you can try and try. You can change up your shows. You can put hours into brainstorming and creating great content. You can spend hours upon hours online. You can be beautiful, creative, funny and charismatic. None of that guarantees success in the adult industry (granted, a lot of this depends on what your definition of success is). If that happens to you, it can be hard to handle. But just know, that this industry is fickle like that and it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you as a person. If you try everything you can and don't feel like you are getting out of it what you're putting into it, there's no shame in moving on to more fruitful ventures.

3. CREATE CONTENT. Obviously you don't have to do this if you're not comfortable with it, but I know my biggest regret in this industry is not making content sooner. It's such an easy way to make passive income and if you're on a site like MFC it's a great way to make tokens during your shows. And if you make content, post it on multiple clip sites. Don't feel like you have to stick to just one site. Diversify and put your eggs in more than one basket.

And a bonus one:

4. There's some members out there, like some of the members that have posted in this thread, who get overly obsessed with the cam model world and think of themselves as some sort of cam gurus because of the exorbitant amount of time they have spent on cam sites. It's best not to listen to them. You can watch something for years and years, but you will never have the experience to give the best advice like someone who has actually done whatever the thing is has. Yes, members can sometimes give interesting and helpful perspectives on certain things, but when it comes to how to best run your shows and business as a cam model/content creator it is best not to listen to them because almost all of the time they are going to put their own personal preferences into the advice to try to sway you to change up your show to what they like or they are talking out their butt to try to feel some sort of sense of superiority.

What would you think of the idea of a belt that holds the Domi in place without hands, so that tips would activate it by surprise? Would that be too intense? I think viewers would love the idea.

What about the idea of having the Domi mounted as the external vibrator, and synchronized with a Lush that is inserted?
There is a cushion that is made to hold a wand type of toy. It's a pillow with a hole in it. Search "hitachi magic wand pillow" and you'll see a bunch of options. The Domi is a little different than the old school Hitachi. Models tend to move it around more and it's unintentionally insertable. Side point... I have a model friend who didn't want the Domi, so I sent her one. After about 20 minutes with it, she was using it like it's a dildo.

There's also a harness that you can strap to a pillow. Do the search in Google, you'll see options but I think you might end up just holding it in your hand.

Attachments

• 41iQF3t7ByL._SL500_.jpg
    41iQF3t7ByL._SL500_.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
There is a cushion that is made to hold a wand type of toy. It's a pillow with a hole in it. Search "hitachi magic wand pillow" and you'll see a bunch of options. The Domi is a little different than the old school Hitachi. Models tend to move it around more and it's unintentionally insertable. Side point... I have a model friend who didn't want the Domi, so I sent her one. After about 20 minutes with it, she was using it like it's a dildo.

The only pillow type device with a Hitachi strap I could find is this one. It seems expensive for what it is, and I wonder how effective it would be. It is not very practical for use during a cam show. I was thinking of something that could hold a Domi and be very light and portable. Wherever the model goes, the Domi is there and ready to be vibrated by tokens.

Status
Not open for further replies.