AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bawksy

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 3, 2010
I'm tired of good models with shitty cameras. I just don't understand why a professional cam whore can't shell out $50 or $100 for a reasonable webcam. If you're a brand new model, and are just wanting to test the waters, I can understand starting out using just the webcam built into your laptop. You'd make a lot more money with a good camera, but a start's a start.

Popular girls who have been around for months and make decent money have no excuse. Case in point, XxXChelseaXxX. Very popular model, crappy camera. Today I noticed that she was online with a friend, and they had two cams going. So I took a screenshot of each cam to show the difference.

In the picture below, notice how on the left, the lighting in place (smart idea) causes Chelsea's face to be all bleached out due to the shitty camera. On the right, the lighting allows you to clearly see both girls, with no parts bleached out, and not too blurry either.

Every time I get pissed off at a model for this reason, I'm going to post a new entry in this thread.

Attachments

• cams.png
    cams.png
    846.6 KB · Views: 5,600
Pinkee's camera isn't terrible, but it needs an upgrade. Notice how the colors are bland and how all the lines are pixelated like in her hair or on her hand.

Attachments

• Pinkee003.jpg
    Pinkee003.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 5,475
PiperBelle, here's another one. Everything in her room is a blurry shade of yellow/brown.

Attachments

• PiperBelle08.jpg
    PiperBelle08.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5,441
Faerie, your camera is hideous and you should be ashamed. It's hard to capture it here, but the worst thing about your camera is the terrible motion blur. You shake around in group shows, and we can't see shit, because it all becomes a blur. Even when you're not moving, your camera is still decently blurry, and it has pretty poor contrast.

From your pics here http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=102, we know you're a pretty girl. How about buying a webcam that shows off your beauty?

Attachments

• Faerie02.jpg
    Faerie02.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 5,470
Now here's a success story. CassidyBaby used to have a mediocre camera, as shown here:

At the time that pic was taken, her camscore was stable around 2000, and had been there for a while.

Since then she's upgraded her camera, and her camscore is now around 4000 or 5000.

Notice how the colors are better defined now.

Attachments

• CassidyBaby57.jpg
    CassidyBaby57.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 5,480
  • CassidyBaby03.jpg
    CassidyBaby03.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 5,476
Reactions: Lovelyhills
Abby, your color is good, but notice how your nipple is one giant blur. I'm going to place the blame on your camera for that one.

Attachments

• AbbyTaylor019.jpg
    AbbyTaylor019.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5,430
KittySpanks, formerly known as AidenVael, is pretty cute. She also has the second hottest sex vid of any I've seen of a MFC model. Unfortunately her cam causes her skin to bleach out, and it's got kinda bad motion blur too.

Attachments

• AidenVael001.jpg
    AidenVael001.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5,420
Nice breakdown Bawksy. This is a hard hitting expose of the shitty cam problem plaguing MFC. May I suggest a follow up piece on shitty sound quality.

Models did you know proper mic placement can translate into cash for you?

Reactions: Vice82
I'm not sure if Amylove is still around, but a camera that makes everything Sepia tone? Come on.

Attachments

• AmyLove010.jpg
    AmyLove010.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5,393
  • AmyLove000.jpg
    AmyLove000.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5,394
Lighting is pretty important too. Great cameras can look good in low light, and shitty cameras will bleach out with lots of light, but mediocre cameras look SO much better when you use enough light. Check out the difference between the pics below.

Attachments

• BuniBuni023.jpg
    BuniBuni023.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 5,414
  • BuniBuni022.jpg
    BuniBuni022.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 5,408
Reactions: Vice82
I wouldn't call these girls "top models", but it's an example of a shitty, bleached out cam, and it's kinda funny.
:lol:

Attachments

• SquirtParty01.jpg
    SquirtParty01.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5,393
Comrade_1917 said:
May I suggest a follow up piece on shitty sound quality.

It's hard to screencap sound quality in order to post it in this thread :woops:

One thing to keep in mind:

Sometimes, it's not camera quality, but cam setting that are the problem. When I first started, my cam was horrible. Turned off everything auto kept it from blurring, so no auto-focus, no face-tracking, none of that. Then I messed with the white balance, lighting, and those bars, and voila, a MUCH better picture. Nowadays, I have to adjust the white balance based on whether I'm using the overhead lamp or not (it makes me look yellow if I don't x.x).

If you EVER see my cam being shitty, let me know so I can mess with the settings. I unplug it and turn the program off between every cam session, so it's not uncommon for the exact same settings to not work the next time...

Also, model side doesn't look the same as your side. Having gone into my own room as a basic I can say, DAMN that was a different picture.

#1 advice to all models who have been told your cam is shitty: take a moment to play around with your settings off of mfc and find out what setting does what to the picture. ESPECIALLY if you already have the logitech 9000 (from any of their series), since that really is the best.

bawksy said:
Comrade_1917 said:
May I suggest a follow up piece on shitty sound quality.

It's hard to screencap sound quality in order to post it in this thread :woops:

Yeah and it would mean you'd have to spend less time watching MFC with the girls on MUTE!

This thread is really cool, thank you for taking the time, Bawksy. :love4:

LadyLuna said:
Sometimes, it's not camera quality, but cam setting that are the problem.

I've always wondered about that. One time I was complaining to Mellanny about her poor image quality, and she insisted she had shelled out $1000 USD for her camera, and that it was top quality. I couldn't understand why her cam looked so bland. I guess someone needs to go play with her settings for her. To this day, her image quality is less than stellar.

Reactions: Jessica_Fox
Cassidy Nicole said:
Yay! Im a success story! HAHA! It does look soooooooo much better!

What did the new camera end up costing you anyways?

I'm trying to prove that it doesn't cost much to get reasonable image quality.

bawksy said:
PiperBelle, here's another one. Everything in her room is a blurry shade of yellow/brown.

I just had a chat with PiperBelle, and she insists that she hasn't upgraded her camera. But she does have more lighting now. What a difference it makes.

Attachments

• PiperBelle15.jpg
    PiperBelle15.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5,308
Reactions: Lovelyhills
Also, model side doesn't look the same as your side. Having gone into my own room as a basic I can say, DAMN that was a different picture.

Oh damn, I might have to see what my cam looks like from my premium account. My cam looks great from my side but sometimes the guys say it's not so good. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: creativedreamer
Here's yet another top model who's got the same kind of image problem as XxXChelseaXxX. Notice how when viewed with her webcam, her skin is all bleached out and desaturated.

Kristy's camera is actually worse though, because she has a HORRENDOUSLY low frame rate. It's so bad that when she talks, sometimes you can't see her lips move because the image updates so infrequently. She also has a Pinkee-style low-resolution image that causes pixelation along lines.

Now, some of the color issues might be due to poor lighting. Note how in the next picture, Kristy is well-illuminated, and her color looks decent. What the light doesn't fix is the low resolution of the camera.

Attachments

• kristy.jpg
    kristy.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5,339
  • kristy2.jpg
    kristy2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 5,337
bawksy said:
Here's yet another top model who's got the same kind of image problem as XxXChelseaXxX. Notice how when viewed with her webcam, her skin is all bleached out and desaturated.

Kristy's camera is actually worse though, because she has a HORRENDOUSLY low frame rate. It's so bad that when she talks, sometimes you can't see her lips move because the image updates so infrequently. She also has a Pinkee-style low-resolution image that causes pixelation along lines.

Now, some of the color issues might be due to a lack of poor lighting. Note how in the next picture, Kristy is well-illuminated, and her color looks decent. What the light doesn't fix is the low resolution of the camera.

The input I can give for Kristy is that it's certainly lighting. The way she's all washed out is because the only light in front of her is coming from her computer monitor. Since she's making a big push to be high in Miss MFC this month I may actually write to her and recommend she invest in the Logitech and a few cheap lamps before the month goes much farther. It could make all the difference.

Thanks again for these posts, Bawksy. Even though I'm sure the models don't love having their bad quality images up here, it really should be a good wake-up call and I think these posts are made with good intentions.

Yeah even if she fixes the lighting situation, better resolution and frame-rate will help a lot.

I told her before she needed more light and I got scoffed at. Sheesh, I was just trying to help. Maybe she'll listen to you Amber. :) Lighting is absolutely the most important part of this job- and it can be a bitch to get perfect- but when it has been worked out, it makes a world of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.