AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HELP! I cut my hair & now i'm making no money!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olivialuxxx

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 10, 2011
Guys, this is a universal yet HUGE effect on models when this happens, and it happened to me!
i have been on myfreecams since april, and get online about 10 hours a week. i make about $500 a week on average and have been making more in these last few weeks.
i decided to cut my hair from shoulder length to a pixie cut, and i got online for an hour and half an made about a 1/4 of what i usually make! i had the same amount of people in my room, but barely anyone tipped!

what should i do? am i able to delete my account and start fresh as a new model that specializes in having short hair? should i buy a wig? i need your advice!

thank you!

Why don't you make a game of it? Either high tipper or raffle winner gets to chose what you do with your hair. Have an assortment of hats (silly, sexy, regular) and dollar store neon wigs. Make sure the option "stay as you are" is on the table, that way you might be able to gauge if your regs see your new hair style is the problem or not.

You can have a lot of fun and hopefully at the same time see what your room really thinks.

Reactions: FoxyRoxyX
Don't worry about it, MFC has been the suck this week from everything that has been seen. and form the pics on your profile, it has been on the short side all along and if you went much shorter, you would be in the realms of nrrrd and she's damned sexy too, sooo IMHO you are in good company with the short hair.

Maybe post some current pics for us to see the difference and give us a decent idea when we can catch you online and get some in person comments.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/OliviaLuxxx is her profile if I grabbed the right one for comparison.

Like everyone else has said, this week has sucked dicks (as well as the summer in general). Coming from a girl who for the past 4/5 months has had REALLY fucking short hair (now a mowhawk...kinda) I'm sure it's not that. I made no less than what I did before & just had to deal with idiots who think any chick with short hair is automatically "a man hating lesbian" or "obviously a dude".

Eh, I'd say it has nothing to do with your hair. Two of my fav model crushes have pretty dang short hair, one even recently shaved her head completely. Keep your chin up.
Things have been rough for a lot of us lately :)
You know, there are actually some guys that PREFER short hair? :D

wow guys! reading your replies has helped so much!
i talked to my friend who also cams, slept on it and wokeup and have a different perspective now. i think i just psyched myself out yesterday. by all means i think my hair is IRL hot (hahaha) but under MFC circumstances i think it's a little misunderstood and too edgy ... this is the photo i had my hairstylist work off of

4Rihanna%252525252BHair%252525252BSpring%252525252Bfor%252525252BSummer%252525252B2010.jpg

i think it's completely sexy! i think it shows off more of my face and exposes my clavicle.

if the lack of tokens yesterday is solely based on guys being broke, then that's a sigh of relief. i didn't have my true paying regulars on yesterday anyways...

i would have posted this in the models-only section but i wasn't approved by ambercutie yet to do so and couldn't wait for your guys' opinion much longer! HA!

I doubt its your hair, August has been my worst month. So I really think it's the time period, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Be confident in yourself, I am sure it looks great!

Wigs can definitely be cool and change up your look, I say go for it! However I am pretty sure a guy will find a chick hawt whether she has long hair, short hair, or almost no hair.

It's all about the tits and ass, remember? lolll

I feel you hon! I had shoulder length hair but usually on cam I would wear extensions. Then I made the decision to buzz my hair because I was done with all the maintenance and work it took to keep up my hair up. I wore it on cam and got a TON of compliments on it from my friends and regs but no tips, I tried it out maybe two more times until I decided to just buy some wigs for camming and now I'm back to making about the same. Occasionally I'll cam without the wigs (like for a shower show) but most of the time I wear one. I do LOVE my short hair though and probably wont be growing it out anytime soon :-D

Here's a pic of before and after :-D :

Attachments

• 112-676-506-688-1991934.jpg
    112-676-506-688-1991934.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 481
  • the new me 2.jpg
    the new me 2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 481
Ivy_Rose said:
I feel you hon! I had shoulder length hair but usually on cam I would wear extensions. Then I made the decision to buzz my hair because I was done with all the maintenance and work it took to keep up my hair up. I wore it on cam and got a TON of compliments on it from my friends and regs but no tips, I tried it out maybe two more times until I decided to just buy some wigs for camming and now I'm back to making about the same. Occasionally I'll cam without the wigs (like for a shower show) but most of the time I wear one. I do LOVE my short hair though and probably wont be growing it out anytime soon :-D

Here's a pic of before and after :-D :

Wow. You are super gorgeous with both long and short hair! I'm jealous!

Reactions: CamillaJay
Ivy_Rose said:

you look so good with both styles. and thank you for posting, i'm glad someone has a similar story.
i've worked twice since i posted this and i haven't been affected by my hair. that night i was online when i first cut my hair just happened to be a bad night on MFC (it was a late sunday night, assumingly majority of ppl who have money to spend are asleep by then to prepare for the work week and the unemployed ones with no money have the luxury to stay up late on a sunday night! ahaha)
my friend is working on a few other sites. she told me she's not making as much money on them, but the privates are more regular and she doesn't need to wait around in public as much. should i divvy up my time on other sites to make more money?

Heya, I too at times have felt that my ability to make money has been affected by my hair... a little over half a year ago I did a bob with straight-across cut bangs and it felt like my token earning plummeted. I've had short hair since, but I've recently gotten extensions and sometimes cam with them, it's fun to just mix it up. I found some really good tutorials on YouTube about how to custom make your own clip-in extensions and it was super super cheap, I was able to make two sets of varying length for about 50 bucks, which is cheap in comparison to buying them pre-made. Maybe give it a try if only for experimental fun, and remember no matter what your hair will grow back ;) :thumbleft:

From the other perspective, I prefer girls with longer hair. The longer the better. If I know you, I wouldn't care too much. Shorter hair wouldn't stop me from tipping Amber BUT it might make me pass on your room to begin with.
That said it, you didn't say your room numbers were dropping, just your tip values. Which I would guess has more to do with it just being a bad month like others have said. Schlmoe has a great idea to try if you really want to experiment though.

Reactions: schlmoe
I just made a mental list of all the girls I see frequently and they all have longish hair, so my answer tentatively is yes, some of us might be that shallow. I don't intentionally shun girls with short hair, but I do appear to be more attracted to girls with longer hair.

Members like you for the body type you have/had when they first found you. This is why most top girls don't change their look.

No matter how many times you tell them, they'll always think your body belongs to them in one or more fashions and will try to mold you/keep you how they want.

Now, you can make new fans and learn from this experience and not "change" again, or you can find fans who accept that you might change in the future.

I've had this happen again and again, with tattoos, piercings, hair, whether it's from dying my hair, mohawks, cutting my hair, shaving the sides of my head, that I'm getting implants, etc etc, that's just how it is.

Welcome to being a camwhore ;)

This is one of the reasons many girls just do it a few months at a time or only do it once. Some people won't let others control them even slightly.

Reactions: olivialuxxx
This is show business, and once you sell one image of you, you have to expect that not everyone will like it if you change. A lot of fans didn't follow Madonna when she stopped being the Material Girl, and they weren't all guys. Others became new fans once she changed. One model I know when from dreadlocks to this, and even though I thought it was a better look, a lot of her old fans did not.

That said, things are pretty bad on MFC right now due to the scary economy. If your fans are sticking with you and not tipping as much, you are in the same situation as a lot of other models who did not make any changes at all.

:twocents-02cents: I have witnesses a lot of 'haircut backlash' on here before. Recently, Csysy got hair extentions after a brief stint with shorter hair. A russian girl that had butt length hair also got a pixie cut and got damn near zero in tips and her room was almost empty. She got a long wig and her room was back to 'normal' in a few days. Men are fickle bitches when it comes to their image of sexy.
This is a visual medium and sadly most men I know have the image of long hair as preferable....

That said, its probably also a bit of a shock if they weren't expecting the change. You also cant lay it all to your hair.... summer has sucked big time tip wise for many girls this year on MFC.

Reactions: camstory
i must admit seeing long hair cut short makes me sad. Long hair is such a great feminine thing...
But back to the topic i would expect it is summer first.
For my point of view that does not only mean i was on vacation and had only mobile access to the internet i was also spending all my spare money on other things than tokens.
And that might be the same for most members with family.
Additionally it is finally very hot here and that makes me lay on my bed gasping for air and not getting horny...

I new before chopping mine off that most guy's prefer longer hair so I was prepared with a couple of wigs beforehand. Especially since it was such a drastic cut. It may be easy to just cut your hair or make any other image changes in real life but when it comes to camming us girlies have to think twice before we decide to make even the smallest change.

FasterMike said:
I just made a mental list of all the girls I see frequently and they all have longish hair, so my answer tentatively is yes, some of us might be that shallow. I don't intentionally shun girls with short hair, but I do appear to be more attracted to girls with longer hair.

Us males are creatures who respond more readily to visual stimulation above others, be it great eyes, perky breasts or beautiful long hair. It is not everything though and having a great personality as well… that will be what seals the deal. However I concede that even subconsciously we do have looks at the top of the list of things we like about the ladies, so if that makes us shallow we are guilty as charged!

Personally, I will hold my hand up here and admit a long time love for women with long flowing locks. The three girls I regularly see on MFC all have hair way down past their breasts… one has butt length hair which is absolutely awesome and very sexy. I know that this stems from being involved with a girl I dated in school, who had beautiful, straight, waist length silky black hair. Ah happy days…

Ivy_Rose said:
I new before chopping mine off that most guy's prefer longer hair so I was prepared with a couple of wigs beforehand. Especially since it was such a drastic cut. It may be easy to just cut your hair or make any other image changes in real life but when it comes to camming us girlies have to think twice before we decide to make even the smallest change.

Now, that being said there are always exceptions to the rule. Even as a lover of long haired women, I was most impressed by the very sexy baldness of the late Persis Khambatta in Star Trek: The Motion Picture… I have to agree she was sexy and hot on screen and with no hair at all! All depends on the head shape as well I guess. Long haired women usually have greater volumes of hair on top which can disguise any cranial bumps and lumps (we all got ‘em !), which a shorter style can maybe expose or exaggerate… something to consider.

P.S. Ivy_Rose you look absolutely stunning with either long or short hair… wow! You have nothing to fear about going with a shorter style… you still look great. ;)

:twocents-02cents:

I like short hair but most of the models I like have long hair. If I like something usually doing the opposite will make you more money so you may want to consider getting a wig to see if it helps you.

with it now being a good 4 or 5 work sessions with my new hair:
i either get compliments OR people say "oh you cut your hair" and don't say anything else.

it's tough, guys. i have such a strong sense of self & accomplishments in real life and i realized i can't let how the MFC world will affect it. i came onto MFC thinking i could add individuality instead of mold into what the protypical MFC cam girl should look like, and i need stick to it. what i NEED to do now is change my photo to a more current one :D

I absolutely adore long hair and I wish I could grow mine long naturally but sadly, I wasn`t blessed with hair that would ever grow long and look anything but ridiculous. My hair is so fine.

Anyway I just wanted to say that short hair can also be just as sexy if not more sexy. I am not sure why, but a lot of the women I am sexually attracted to have short pixie cuts. It`s not a masculin thing to me, because I like girls to be a little on the girly side. I just think it can be really sexy... But regardless, as long as you like your hair, you can rock it and everyone else will learn to love it because it`s on YOU :)

Reactions: olivialuxxx
Long hair is a sign of youth. How many old ladies do you see with hair past their shoulders? I look at the pictures of Ivy Rose, and she looks like she aged 15 years when she lost the hair. Also, short hair can sometimes make you look like a bull-dyke. You might be a bull-dyke, but remember, most of your customers on MFC are men. Put on the illusion that they want to see, and you'll make $$$.

I'd buy a wig. I was a bit sad when d0m shaved her head, but then she wears wigs most of the time, and I can't even tell.

Attachments

• dench.jpg
    dench.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 213
  • jennifer-aniston.jpg
    jennifer-aniston.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 214
Looking at the August miss MFCs for most recent pics section on their profile, all 19 of the non-anonymous models have shoulder-length or longer hair.
Some considerably longer.

Of the winners pics, there was one with shorter hair - Crazysysy, and that was only slightly above the shoulder.

Out of the top 75 most popular rooms, of models that did not seem to be actively in a show and the preview had hair visible, two had shorter than shoulder-length hair.

Of course, this doesn't mean that a model wouldn't be equally popular with a shorter haircut, but I diddn't expect it to be quite so striking a result.

Growing up, my adoptive father always wanted my hair to grow, while my mother was always pushing for shorter haircuts. I always said "around my shoulders please". It was usually split, half the time, longer, half the time, shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.