AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reward points and Tokens question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2018
I have a model friend who has no idea about how to see a members reward points or tokens, i know we can hide tokens, but where does she look to see them? ty

I can only comment regarding Chaturbate... But I suspect it wouldn't be any different in other rooms.

No one, except the owner of the account can see how many tokens a person has.

A model on CB does have the option to list the people in her room by the number of tokens they have (its in the options under the COG wheel to set this). This will show in descending order who has the most tokens.

I have heard that some models will 'park' an account in the room with a set number of tokens on it and use that as a reference. While they can't see the token amount still, they could see anyone who has more than "X" tokens in the room.

In MFC, there's a way for a model to see how many tokens a member has. Same with rewards points. To which, members can hide them from the model. They can either fully hide the amount, or it can be done in a low/medium/high scale. However, I'm a member, so unsure about the interface.

I would say if the model doesn't know, she should do her research either on MFC FAQ. Or, she join and ask here. Especially since it's her way of making money

Reactions: AussieCosplay
We just click on the members name and it pops up as a little mini profile. Pretty hard to miss

I can only comment regarding Chaturbate... But I suspect it wouldn't be any different in other rooms.

No one, except the owner of the account can see how many tokens a person has.
It's definitely different on MFC, I know it isn't clear but per past posts the OP is on MFC.
We models CAN see how many tokens and reward points a member has unless he has specifically gone into his settings and made it so they are "hidden" or "approximated."
In MFC, there's a way for a model to see how many tokens a member has. Same with rewards points. To which, members can hide them from the model. They can either fully hide the amount, or it can be done in a low/medium/high scale. However, I'm a member, so unsure about the interface.
yah that
We just click on the members name and it pops up as a little mini profile. Pretty hard to miss
If a model clicks a member's name while she's broadcasting, it pops a little info panel up about them. It'll either show they have x amount points and tokens, or "low/average/high" if they've selected approximate, or "hidden" if they've selected that option.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
All she has to do is click on the member's username and the info will show up in a little box on the screen. It should be directly to the right of the list of members she has on her friend list. Of course if a member has them hidden, she won't be able to see them.

That said, she should be mindful that just because someone has 0 tokens in their account doesn't mean that they won't spend unless they're 0/20's who have been on the site for years or something.

I would say if the model doesn't know, she should do her research either on MFC FAQ. Or, she join and ask here. Especially since it's her way of making money

On MFC, a model can only see how many tokens or reward points a member has if he has those number visible. I believe that amount is set publicly by default but can be changed at any time. If the member chooses to hide one or both, they can show up as "Hidden" or with other values that suggest a number, I think it's "Low," "Medium," and "High" although I am not sure what exact numbers give those values.

Missed the 15 min cutoff to edit...

Going off of this...what on earth are those reward points for?!

The rewards points serve a few different purposes. There are group rooms where members can chat while watching a model of their choice, or watching whoever shows up randomly. There's one for all members, one who have a minimum of 1000 points, and then the 10K club. I've never seen the 10K room, but those are going to be the bigger spenders of course. The one for all members is pretty much a cesspool. The 1000 one is not as bad. I think the points were something like for every 200 tokens purchased, you got 20 points.

Reward points can also be helpful to models. If someone has 0 tokens and only 20 reward points and they've been on the site for years, I know that they only spent once ever to get around the basic/guest block that most models have for their chat room. If I have a few people asking about a private, I'll give more attention and answer questions with priority to the one with more reward points because the chances that the 0/20 is just wasting time with no real intention of going private is extremely high. Of course there are plenty with high reward points that do this too, but it's a lot less common than the 0/20's doing it.

To add to your post about member reward points. To be specific we get 1 reward point for every $.80 spend on buying tokems. If a member doesn't have them hidden you can see how much money he has spent on tokens since he first started the account you are looking at. Hope this helps understand a bit better. This info can be used to determine if someone is a possible good tipper for you.

Reactions: angieivy
  • Helpful!
Reactions: MDouble00
You are correct but most of us pay $.08 per token, those who buy smaller amounts pay a cent or two more.

200 Tokens for $19.99
(~$0.10 per token)
550 Tokens for $49.99
(~$0.09 per token)
900 Tokens for $74.99
(~$0.08 per token)
1875 Tokens for $149.99
(less than $0.08 per token)
3775 Tokens for $299.99
7575 Tokens for $599.99

here is the actual breakdown. in general anyone who tips well will always pay around $.08 per token purchased.

Reactions: angieivy
The lowest we can buy tokens for is about 7.5 cents
Thanks! I knew I was using the points info correctly to gauge how much of my time I give someone, I just wasn't sure entirelu how members use those points.

The lowest amount we can pay per token is about 7.5 cents and that's if you buy in the quantities above where it says 8 cents or less. There are a good tool to use as a model because you can tell if somebody is trying to talk a big game, but just because somebody has high reward points doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be a Big Tipper. It's just an accumulation of all the money they spent on tokens since they started.

Last edited:
The rewards points serve a few different purposes. There are group rooms where members can chat while watching a model of their choice, or watching whoever shows up randomly. There's one for all members, one who have a minimum of 1000 points, and then the 10K club. I've never seen the 10K room, but those are going to be the bigger spenders of course. The one for all members is pretty much a cesspool. The 1000 one is not as bad. I think the points were something like for every 200 tokens purchased, you got 20 points.

There's really no difference between any of the lounges. I have only been in the different lounges a time or two, and it was more than enough for me.

Reward points can also be helpful to models. If someone has 0 tokens and only 20 reward points and they've been on the site for years, I know that they only spent once ever to get around the basic/guest block that most models have for their chat room. If I have a few people asking about a private, I'll give more attention and answer questions with priority to the one with more reward points because the chances that the 0/20 is just wasting time with no real intention of going private is extremely high. Of course there are plenty with high reward points that do this too, but it's a lot less common than the 0/20's doing it.

That's the biggest benefit of the "rewards points", in that it may help the model determine the likeliness a member may tip or be legit in going private. I quickly learned to block these stats. It might be a detriment to me in terms of if I was trying to go private with you, based off of you're saying you use it to help determine if you will or not (just going off numbers, not what the member is like). But, it's pretty rare for me to go private with a model, unless I've known her for a while.

However, from a member perspective, they provide absolutely no purpose. About the only "benefit" a member gets is font and colour change of text, and the ability to change our names. Oh joy....

Thank you , A Model friend messaged me last night randomly just venting to me, She said a member wanted to buy her snap for 200 instead of 400, She noticed quicky he had over 700 tokens. She said you seems you have 700 tokens, he called her a WITCH and left, I Swear dudes think there at a YARD SALE everything half off lol. thanks again

Reactions: Diana_Devil
You are correct but most of us pay $.08 per token, those who buy smaller amounts pay a cent or two more.
That's why I corrected the comment, because not everyone pays the same per token. It's the way that MFC would explain it, and it's just simpler to stick to points per tokens.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I would agree Amber however there's only very few ways that you actually pay $0.10 per token. So to say one point for every 10 tokens Isn't really accurate, it is for only a very few who choose to buy a very few number of tokens. Not trying to get into a major debate just wanted to clarify. What I posted came directly from MFC when I go to buy tokens and it clearly shows the breakdown.

So to say one point for every 10 tokens Isn't really accurate,
It absolutely is. MFC tells you you get 1 point per every 10 tokens you buy. It doesn't matter how much you pay for each token.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 2.12.06 PM.png

I would agree Amber however there's only very few ways that you actually pay $0.10 per token. So to say one point for every 10 tokens Isn't really accurate, it is for only a very few who choose to buy a very few number of tokens. Not trying to get into a major debate just wanted to clarify. What I posted came directly from MFC when I go to buy tokens and it clearly shows the breakdown.

You're making it waaaaaay more complicated than it needs to be, my dude.

We can't do shit with 'em. :(

I see MFC has finally changed their wiki entry. It used to say something to the effect "we will be adding exciting new things you can do with rewards points."

But now it's changed.

For every 10 tokens you purchase, you will receive 1 Reward Point.
As you get more Reward Points, certain options and features on the website will become available to your account, and we will do our best to offer you priority personal member support for any issue that may come up.
Models are able to see your Reward Point total unless you hide it in your "My Account" privacy settings.
Your Reward Points never expire and never get used up. We look forward to offering more features that will utilize Reward Points.

To answer JigglesJane question, The main use of reward points now for members is simply a depressing reminder of how much money you've spent on the site.

I see MFC has finally changed their wiki entry. It used to say something to the effect "we will be adding exciting new things you can do with rewards points."

But now it's changed.

To answer JigglesJane question, The main use of reward points now for members is simply a depressing reminder of how much money you've spent on the site.
What, you don't want a new font color?!

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Pretty much. The only thing you really unlock with them is new fonts and the ability to change your name.

The thing is though, a lot of people love the whole aesthetics changing, even with simple things such as font colour, font type etc
A lot of guys love to stand out - but then it's also the same with everything (including gaming, being the biggest). People will happily pay a fortune to look different. I never understand it. I am the kind of guy that will happily look like the default character in a game etc .

The thing is though, a lot of people love the whole aesthetics changing, even with simple things such as font colour, font type etc
A lot of guys love to stand out - but then it's also the same with everything (including gaming, being the biggest). People will happily pay a fortune to look different. I never understand it. I am the kind of guy that will happily look like the default character in a game etc .
I am a fiend for cosmetic upgrades in games, on forums, etc. :)

The points required to change fonts was pretty fucking low. Fuck the last "perk" MFC gives you is to the shitty ass Lounge10K when you get over 10K points. Not a fucking thing when you hit 100K. I'm not expecting the world. But, if they give some kind of reward at the lower levels, they really should figure something out for the higher levels. I don't even recall if I got a nice "Thank you" email for hitting it.

The points required to change fonts was pretty fucking low. Fuck the last "perk" MFC gives you is to the shitty ass Lounge10K when you get over 10K points. Not a fucking thing when you hit 100K. I'm not expecting the world. But, if they give some kind of reward at the lower levels, they really should figure something out for the higher levels. I don't even recall if I got a nice "Thank you" email for hitting it.

I guess it's just as pointless as model's leaderboards but then, guys love those too. It's just the fact of "knowing" and being able to see. But I definitely do think proper rewards for stuff definitely.
I wish CB did some stuff or heck, just added more stuff to the premium option.

Once I learned I could do it, I've always chose to block all my points and tokens from view. Now maybe, I'm just not an asshole, (well really I'm probably an asshole) I just don't go out of my way to be one to people. As long as I tip and interact, and even if I don't really tip more than a handful of tokens. I've never been questioned or had a model say anything about my tokens/points not showing. Which has "tin foil hat conspiracy member" has always made me think they still can see approximations on us LOL.

I know it is probably not viable for MFC, but I would much rather get some token rebates or something for all my points. As opposed to just getting access to "lounges" which as another member mentioned are all basically the same. Or the bonus options for name/font/color changes. Granted I do change up my font color as much as possible.

I just think that if I'm regularly buying something from a site, there is no harm in giving me some bonus that I can actually use for the people I like watching on the site. I order enough pizza, chipotle, noodles, etc. I get $ off my next purchase or a free side etc. Why can't after XXX tokens MFC is all here are some bonus tokens.

And if that does happen. I must have never spent enough in 8 years which doesn't feel likely or I have and just it was so long ago I forgot.

I guess it's just as pointless as model's leaderboards but then, guys love those too. It's just the fact of "knowing" and being able to see. But I definitely do think proper rewards for stuff definitely.
I wish CB did some stuff or heck, just added more stuff to the premium option.

The difference between model leaderboards and rewards points for members, at least on MFC, is that models who place in the top 1000 get a bonus.

@MDouble00 I've felt the same in regards to placement of members in regards to points/tokens even with hiding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.