AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

possibly scammed by model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2011
Hi, I wasn't sure whether or not to create a new thread or add this to the "pet peeves" thread but here goes ; ;

i reckon i have been scammed by a girl on mfc she asked me to tip a large amount of tokens up front , just to be able to take her true pvt. So i duly tipped , and when i went to take her true pvt, her screen kept going blank and it would then say "model is in a pvt show" . She kept telling me that she wasnt sure why it was doing that and i tried several times but to no avail. To check it wasnt my end, i then went into truepvt with x2 random models for a few seconds, and it worked fine. . I told the model this and she then suggested , that instead of the pvt, shell make me a custom video of exactly what i wanted in the pvt and shell send me the download link to me via mfc email. She even took my twitter name as she said that she would dm me on there once she had sent me the link.
That was over a week ago ago and you guessed it. nothing .

i had sent her several mfc mails. messaged her on twitter and even messaged her on her manyvids ( i have premium account so was able to message her directly and knew she had seen the message ) page and....no response. she hadnt even read my mfcmails.

So , I figured, maybe she had been very busy, too busy to get online/on cam . However , yesterday i got a notification via her twitter that she would be going live on cam but on another site . I registered on that site and went into her chat , and politely asked her about the video and what had happened ,, the look on her face when i gave her my username was priceless , like "oh shit, i need to think of some excuse quickly " she then claimed that she had sent me it ( which she hadnt and mfcmail confirms it ) , she then said that shell send it right away to me . i checked and indeed she sent me a link , but alas, the link did not work and just gave me an error message telling me to ask the sender to reupload the link as not correct . I told the model this and she just said shell reupload it and send me the new link in a few hours.
She then suddenly said to the room that she would log out of that site and go to mvlive . naturally i carried on the conversation with her there , and she asked me to send her another mfcmail to arrange a day for the pvt and she would respond via mfcmail . i did that.
that was 24 hrs ago and nothing.
I have only now noticed this model has been mentioned several times on this forum for not delivering what members paid for ( also seen her mentioned on several other sites , i wished i would have known about her antics before i tipped ) . From what ive been reading about her, definitely looks like she wont deliver her end and i got scammed HARD.
I have kept it polite so far but i am starting to get more and more irate at the thought that some models are happy to basically steal from us.
Can anyone advise what can be done , if anything ?

Contact MFC support with all of this info.

thanks for your reply but yes, i already did this and mfc may aswell not have a "support" service for paying members. they are about as helpful as a chocolate teapot! they refuse to get involved and pretty much told me tough. they are essentially condoning this behaviour.

thanks for your reply but yes, i already did this and mfc may aswell not have a "support" service for paying members. they are about as helpful as a chocolate teapot! they refuse to get involved and pretty much told me tough. they are essentially condoning this behaviour.

Are you British by any chance? I use that saying alll the time haha... in all seriousness though it sounds like you’ve pretty much done all you can! I think the only thing you can do now is either keep trying and hope you get it or use it as a lesson learned. As for the model it sounds like she’s done this to quite a few people! Maybe add your experience to the thread about her and hope others don’t experience what you have.

Reactions: markofire

Seriously? I thought MFC was better than that.

update, she responded, she said that she would send me a working link ( she hasnt ) and she then said to arrange a specific date and time frame for the pvt. basically, i said today anytime between 3pm and 5pm pacific time would be perfect, to which she agreed. . so here i am 20 minutes till that time runs out and............obviously, she hasnt logged on , hasnt reponded to my messages. lol.

Last edited:
Seriously? I thought MFC was better than that.

Sometimes, MFC support is good. Other times, you might as well bend over and let them fuck you raw with a coarse rat tail file.

That being said, I believe someone here has stated they've had good luck getting refunded if they show screenshots of all communications.

If she had scammed all these people already, no harm in mentioning her name. At least perhaps you can prevent someone else from being scammed.

If she had scammed all these people already, no harm in mentioning her name. At least perhaps you can prevent someone else from being scammed.
I beg to differ. The last time a member named a model here on who was scamming, Mila and I got attacked by some batshit crazy bitch on Twitter and accused of shit we would never do.

not sure whether to name her yet or not although I can confirm , as you probably guessed, she didnt turn up to do my pvt show yesterday.

It is a catch 22 because i really want to either receive what i paid for or get a f**cking refund but i am worried about jeopardising my chances of either by not giving her a chance to redeem herself. The thing is, i realise based on whats happened so far , its unlikely the shell deliver what i paid her for. I guess im just finding it difficult to accept that a cam girl of her stature ( yes she is very popular ) with such big following , and comes across as being such a nice person and genuine is quite happy to literally STEAL from people.

Just to be clear, make no mistake, doing what she is doing, and what scammers like her do, accepting payment for something and not delivering said thing , is stealing , no better than a common thief stealing money from your wallet or a company who doesnt deliver an item you have paid for.

To call her a despicable human being would be an understatement.

I can pm you her name if you wish , but just not sure to put her name here in this thread or not.

not sure whether to name her yet or not although I can confirm , as you probably guessed, she didnt turn up to do my pvt show yesterday.

It is a catch 22 because i really want to either receive what i paid for or get a f**cking refund but i am worried about jeopardising my chances of either by not giving her a chance to redeem herself. The thing is, i realise based on whats happened so far , its unlikely the shell deliver what i paid her for. I guess im just finding it difficult to accept that a cam girl of her stature ( yes she is very popular ) with such big following , and comes across as being such a nice person and genuine is quite happy to literally STEAL from people.

Just to be clear, make no mistake, doing what she is doing, and what scammers like her do, accepting payment for something and not delivering said thing , is stealing , no better than a common thief stealing money from your wallet or a company who doesnt deliver an item you have paid for.

To call her a despicable human being would be an understatement.

I can pm you her name if you wish , but just not sure to put her name here in this thread or not.

I wouldn't call her out here, for various reasons. But, I would encourage you to do what I had mentioned previously about taking screen shots of all communications with her on MFC, Skype, text, or any other means you have discussed this with her, and forward to MFC. The reason for this is that it documents to them what has happened, and when. They may not refund your money, and deduct it from her. But, they may put it in her record and if enough violations occur by others doing the same, she could be banned from the site.

Like you said, it is stealing. It's no different than shitty members scamming models. Doesn't make it fair, or right, because good people (models and members alike) get fucked over by shit like this.

Just document all you can, send it to MFC and chalk it up as being a lesson learned.

Ya got beat. It happens. You're making it worse on yourself by stressing over it. Plus, your time is valuable too, so every minute more you put into this just compounds the loss. Suggest you just take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.