AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Crying out loud

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell?? I've witnessed people crying on cam out of sheer joy because of a good day/large tip. I've seen people tearing up because of a sneeze attack. Crying is a kink, too.
What the fuck is this website doing.

Reactions: Miawallacexxx
Upvote 0
WTF? Sometimes people cry out of happiness when they get a huge tip! That's fucking ridiculous.

Is that a new rule? I don't remember that being in the rules when I cammed on CB years ago.

Reactions: Miawallacexxx
Upvote 0
Chaturbate twitter has been linked numerous times in that thread, but that have conspicuously remained silent on the matter completely.

I'm dissapointed from someone being banned over an emotion and the lack of any response from Chaturbate to date.

Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
Upvote 0
I think maybe @punker barbie needs to track down the "site administrator" who sent this warning and make them re-read the rules. Or fire them.

And if this IS an actual rule (which people seem to not be able to find), then the site should just put itself in timeout for being a dumb dumb.

Upvote 0
Been mulling this over, cause genuinely was flabbergasted, only potential reason I could think of why crying might be an issue is if they thought it might look as if broadcaster was forced in some way?

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Been mulling this over, cause genuinely was flabbergasted, only potential reason I could think of why crying might be an issue is if they thought it might look as if broadcaster was forced in some way?
Or some weird user could think that it was fake crying to cause pity and assimilated that with a scam :/ (i could read once this remark in a room) ?

Anyway, 'tears' 'cry' words seem absent of CB terms & conditions fortunately.
And "administrators" don't check a minimum before reacting ?

Upvote 0
I sent her the link to this thread when she was on last night. She had a good laugh and can't believe people are talking about it. :D
She was having a 'life moment'.

I'm going to play devils advocate here for a second... The 'admin' that gave her a warning probably thought he or she was doing her a favor by stopping her stream and said 'We hope this finds you well' in order for her to collect herself.

If you read what she said in her twitter post here.....
the'warning' helped her smile. As odd as any warning can make someone smile. lol

Mia (ChewyGinger)..... If you see this. I hope you are having a great Monday. :)
Never stop crying, it just proves we are human.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I think maybe @punker barbie needs to track down the "site administrator" who sent this warning and make them re-read the rules. Or fire them.

And if this IS an actual rule (which people seem to not be able to find), then the site should just put itself in timeout for being a dumb dumb.
CB has a history for suspending account's for things that arnt in the TOS. It seems that admins just wing it when it comes to what they think the TOS should be.

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
CB has a history for suspending account's for things that arnt in the TOS. It seems that admins just wing it when it comes to what they think the TOS should be.
I hate to post a laughing response to this but I’ve always thought the site was pretty silly in the way the do every damn thing that this just makes me giggle.

Reactions: xDollPartsx
Upvote 0
I hate to post a laughing response to this but I’ve always thought the site was pretty silly in the way the do every damn thing that this just makes me giggle.
It gets to a point where all you can do is laugh, I used to get suspended for the most random stuff, like at least 2 times a week, seems it's either not as much of a problem now or they decided to troll someone else. I got banned for not having my face on cam and at the same time cb was promoting a girl what wore a big burger on head so she wasnt showing her face...like how can you suspend someone for something your actually promoting. It's not like it was the whole show either, it's just kinda difficult to keep your face on cam when someone tips for a close up of your ass 😂 . I understood the reasoning on what they were saying in the email, it was basically, that if your face isnt on cam they cant verify that you are the person they verified to be on cam, but if it's a rule then write that shit down lol

Upvote 0
Slept a night over it. I'm not so sure anymore if this rule is as absurd as I first thought. Crying can have several reasons and not all of them are positive. In my studio days there were girls that broke into tears out of desperation and it happened on cam too. Our studio tricked us to appear on cam (recruiting us as hostesses, then putting us on cam instead) and the penalty for leaving the contract early was very, very high creating a no way out situation.
Also there's the emotional misery trick ("tip me so I feel better") too.
Personally I wouldn't turn my cam on when I'm in a state where I might cry. Tears of joy (happened to me too) are different of course.

Since I'm not a native in English: What does "We hope this finds you well" mean?

Upvote 0
Slept a night over it. I'm not so sure anymore if this rule is as absurd as I first thought. Crying can have several reasons and not all of them are positive. In my studio days there were girls that broke into tears out of desperation and it happened on cam too. Our studio tricked us to appear on cam (recruiting us as hostesses, then putting us on cam instead) and the penalty for leaving the contract early was very, very high creating a no way out situation.
Also there's the emotional misery trick ("tip me so I feel better") too.
Personally I wouldn't turn my cam on when I'm in a state where I might cry. Tears of joy (happened to me too) are different of course.

Since I'm not a native in English: What does "We hope this finds you well" mean?
I hope this finds you well is a kind of greeting you put in formal business correspondence. At work we sometimes write "Hello <honorific> <name> I hope this email finds you well" when we write international correspondence.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
"We hope you are doing well when you receive this message" basically.

Upvote 0
First, we’re happy to see a discussion about this issue. At a minimum it’s made us realize that we need to rework this message to our independent broadcasters. We’ve reworked our message to hopefully better explain the concerns. Without invading anyone’s privacy, typically what would prompt such a message is one or more concerned reports from the Chaturbate community that an independent broadcaster appears to be in distress. As an adult entertainment platform, making sure everyone on cam is a willing participant is of the utmost importance to us. Although crying can come from extreme joy, crying can also be an indicator that someone may be being forced to appear against their will so these types of reports are always treated as high priority. The CB team does the best it can to try to see if the person is truly distressed or just experiencing emotions like we all do. Sometimes that call isn’t so easy to make. The intention behind the message is important. We’ve reworked our message to hopefully better explain the concern.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.