AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Trolls on chaturbate—-why doesn’t cb do more to control them?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gia666

Deactivated Account
Oct 29, 2019
I have an issue with abusive trolls on cb. Sure you can ban them, but they come right back in under different user names. I was talking about my sick cat the other day, and a troll came in under the name “microwaveyourcat”. and posted that was a way to solve the issue. Seems they are getting sicker and meaner. One troll has created over 30 accounts to keep coming back. I reported 15 of those to cb on 2 occasions, and they do nothing, despite sending me a response saying they will take appropriate action.

I resorted to only allowing users with tokens to chat, as the trolls are grey. However, I have some nice greys I enjoy chatting with.
Why doesn’t cb at least require an email or ban IP addresses to make it at least harder to create fake accounts for trolling?

Go in your chat tab and transform the Ban into permanent ban.
Other user suspected to be the same will also be banned. (I think that they can check it from ip and also credit card informations surely)

Report to support, they help as they can. I could get ride of one (before this permanent ban was created) with the help of support

But if they hide their ip using a proxy and don't buy tokens, this is difficult to detect.

Upvote 0
Requiring a mail address to make an account totally gets my vote though.
That wont even slow down the abuse though and based on the limitations on the number of follower emails a person can receive im guessing they want to cut back on emails and no one can really blame them for that because of how ridiculous anti spam measures are getting.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
That wont even slow down the abuse though and based on the limitations on the number of follower emails a person can receive im guessing they want to cut back on emails and no one can really blame them for that because of how ridiculous anti spam measures are getting.

Personally, I think it would slow the process for a lot of trolls. If they MUST verify an email address in order to post in a public chat, they would have to signup and make lots of emails. Obviously, if they get banned from one account that uses an email, that email should get banned by default. Personally, this is something I have been suggesting for a very long time and don't see how it would not at the very minimum slow down the process.

Another thing to help slow down the trolls would be to make it so you can only be signed into one account at a time. As it stands right now, I can be in 10 accounts in 10 different tabs at once. Theoretically, I could be a really annoying troll and use this to my advantage.. create 10 accounts, and spam on all of them all almost instantly. Other sites I go to, log you out in all tabs if you try to switch so I am unsure why CB can not do similar. Granted, I do find having this as an option (to be logged into 2) to be very useful too (as someone who doesn't troll).

Upvote 0
Personally, I think it would slow the process for a lot of trolls. If they MUST verify an email address in order to post in a public chat, they would have to signup and make lots of emails. Obviously, if they get banned from one account that uses an email, that email should get banned by default. Personally, this is something I have been suggesting for a very long time and don't see how it would not at the very minimum slow down the process.

Another thing to help slow down the trolls would be to make it so you can only be signed into one account at a time. As it stands right now, I can be in 10 accounts in 10 different tabs at once. Theoretically, I could be a really annoying troll and use this to my advantage.. create 10 accounts, and spam on all of them all almost instantly. Other sites I go to, log you out in all tabs if you try to switch so I am unsure why CB can not do similar. Granted, I do find having this as an option (to be logged into 2) to be very useful too (as someone who doesn't troll).

there is a near endless supply of domains dedicated to temporary email addresses and hell for the really lazy people theres also a ton of phone apps to generate temporary emails as well.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Then blacklist the most notorious of these providers from being used for cb accounts.

Each one adds domains on a regular basis, that would be quite the effort to keep up with then of course you got the whole privacy factor going where a person doesn't want their significant other to know they are browsing CB. If its someone that keeps coming back saying the same thing add part of it to the all in one bot custom word list so they end up talking to themselves. I would just turn off greys though....nice greys, the only nice greys are new users, the rest of them are people that can constantly watch models struggle without contributing.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
Actually now that I think about it more there could be way more options given to the model to control the room for example there could be a "require verified email" to talk in chat or even region block options that only prevent grey chat or subnet grey silences, suspected vpn/proxy grey silence, that type of stuff to give more power to the model.

Edit: i'd still recommend turning off greys though :giggle:

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
The occasional troll will do all that? I don't think so. And if a mail address is already too private, how will that user ever buy tokens?

Upvote 0
Find all kinds of throw away mail adresses. We're talking about the casual idiot troll here, who does this for fun.

A user who is too afraid a mail address gets found out by the wife, will 100% have the same or more trouble buying crypto or hiding buying a pre paid card. Does buying tokens not require a mail address?

I don't see any reason why an mail address that is not a known throw away address to register is a bad thing. If the only reason "against" it is that it can be beat, that's not enough.

Upvote 0
it's easy to create email address.
If they have to buy tokens, at least they have to give up some cash.

Upvote 0
I can't remember what site it was but one I registered at a few months ago, in order to even register, I had to supply my card info just so they could do one of those checks and take $1 out and put it back in a few days later. I think a check like that could be perfect. Unfortunately, the reality is, that CB wants to keep the whole thing simple and fast for EVERYONE, so they draw in more viewers. So I doubt they will ever do any of this stuff, which is very sad.

I had to report a troll for a model once (her former mod that she demoted because he was just one of those to sit there, not talk, not do ANYTHING). As soon as she did this, despite him being "her friend" for 3 years!!! he was extremely horrible, vile and just rude to her in public chat. Eventually, she did silence and ban but he kept coming back on new accounts. He literally registered on HUNDREDS over the space of 6 months or more. She is busy working on 3 websites and so she made me mod to silence his ass. I would be able to silence him INSTANTLY before he even spoke. His "location" was always the exact same, he didn't verify any emails so he didn't get banned automatically. He was a 42 yr old guy, from US. It was just sad and annoying that someone could troll a model (and a genuinely lovely and kind one at that, who she genuinely thought he was a friend). But the fact he could so easily do it.
My point is that he was (luckily) a really dumb troll. Eventually, I did have to report him to Punker Barbie, who did have him dealt with and ALL of his accounts/IP banned from the site. I can't begin to imagine how many other models he was trolling like this... All because he was no longer a red name in a room for a model he knew for 3 years and was "friends" with.

But it should never have to come to this and models should have much more control for things and be able to put a stop to it much sooner.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
I can't remember what site it was but one I registered at a few months ago, in order to even register, I had to supply my card info just so they could do one of those checks and take $1 out and put it back in a few days later. I think a check like that could be perfect. Unfortunately, the reality is, that CB wants to keep the whole thing simple and fast for EVERYONE, so they draw in more viewers. So I doubt they will ever do any of this stuff, which is very sad.

Could be streamate...
They never had my application due to that. I never give my cc on anything without an invoice ^^
so, CB is just perfect.

being Troll and knowing at the same time how to masquerad his Ip requests 2 different mental hability...
definitively, Ip ban should work for trolls ^^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.