AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A member convinced a model.... (true?)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So that title is a little clickbaity but hopefully you read and it's not completely wrong.

I was in a room and a member convinced a model to keep refreshing her room to help her get traffic.
(She usually has over 100 - 200 people but the past couple of weeks, like a lot of models, seemingly has only a fraction of that (this week she says she has been only had 40 - 50).
Sometimes it definitely does seem/feel like if a model refreshes, it does help a little. So I think this is why she thinks he is right.

Personally, I am not convinced though.
So, he has managed to convince her to install an Auto Refresh for her Browser. He suggested having it set to 1 minute - so her room would auto-refresh every 60 seconds. She admits to not being tech savvy. She is not one to use pc/laptop for anything else. She had to have him/us walk her through how to add a Chrome Extension, for example. She asked "maybe I should do every 5 mins?" to which he (the member) was all "yes yes" but I managed to persuade her NOT to do it that much (if she is insistent upon using one) because it will most likely scare guys away. They would be thinking that either she or they have a bad connection, (constantly in and out of the room). Can you imagine that? I don't even think 15 minutes is short enough, I think at a minimum, it should be 30 minutes IF she wants to do it.

So my curiosity (but I am sure I know the answer) is this question:
is there any truth in what this guy is thinking? He says lots of other models use it/do it to gain more traffic.
I am not seeing how this would help. But maybe I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for replies - heck, just to let me know if I am not being the dumb one, or if I am.

Edit: Just to point out 2 things too, since she installed this:
1) He thought it was already refreshing and asked about it - I had to point out to him no, it has not refreshed yet... he will see her leave and join again. SO maybe that shows you a little about how much knowledge he has.
and
2) He is now convinced it HAS worked and he has helped her a huge amount, because she went to 140 users. Nice right? But why? She got naked, fingering her pussy close to cam. lol nothing to do with a refresh.

Anyway haha

Last edited:
No clue on a refreshes effects on standings and not something as a member I really am concerned too much about. Only time I'm ever concerned about a model refreshing her room is when there's an issue with her stream and my refreshing doesn't resolve it. Then, I'll send a small tip with note letting her know.

Upvote 0
So that title is a little clickbaity but hopefully you read and it's not completely wrong.

I was in a room and a member convinced a model to keep refreshing her room to help her get traffic.
(She usually has over 100 - 200 people but the past couple of weeks, like a lot of models, seemingly has only a fraction of that (this week she says she has been only had 40 - 50).
Sometimes it definitely does seem/feel like if a model refreshes, it does help a little. So I think this is why she thinks he is right.

Personally, I am not convinced though.
So, he has managed to convince her to install an Auto Refresh for her Browser. He suggested having it set to 1 minute - so her room would auto-refresh every 60 seconds. She admits to not being tech savvy. She is not one to use pc/laptop for anything else. She had to have him/us walk her through how to add a Chrome Extension, for example. She asked "maybe I should do every 5 mins?" to which he (the member) was all "yes yes" but I managed to persuade her NOT to do it that much (if she is insistent upon using one) because it will most likely scare guys away. They would be thinking that either she or they have a bad connection, (constantly in and out of the room). Can you imagine that? I don't even think 15 minutes is short enough, I think at a minimum, it should be 30 minutes IF she wants to do it.

So my curiosity (but I am sure I know the answer) is this question:
is there any truth in what this guy is thinking? He says lots of other models use it/do it to gain more traffic.
I am not seeing how this would help. But maybe I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for replies - heck, just to let me know if I am not being the dumb one, or if I am.

Edit: Just to point out 2 things too, since she installed this:
1) He thought it was already refreshing and asked about it - I had to point out to him no, it has not refreshed yet... he will see her leave and join again. SO maybe that shows you a little about how much knowledge he has.
and
2) He is now convinced it HAS worked and he has helped her a huge amount, because she went to 140 users. Nice right? But why? She got naked, fingering her pussy close to cam. lol nothing to do with a refresh.

Anyway haha

No, that should do nothing. the model is using obs right? so shes just leaving and entering her room while the stream keeps going? I don't think that will do anything

Upvote 0
No, that should do nothing. the model is using obs right? so shes just leaving and entering her room while the stream keeps going? I don't think that will do anything

Yes, exactly this (she uses OBS). Even if it wasn't OBS she uses, I still can't imagine it affecting traffic and/or placement. It seems too... bizarre and it'd be a bug if so. It'd be too easy to manipulate.

Upvote 0
Yes, exactly this (she uses OBS). Even if it wasn't OBS she uses, I still can't imagine it affecting traffic and/or placement. It seems too... bizarre and it'd be a bug if so. It'd be too easy to manipulate.
if she didnt use OBS it would temporarily bring her to the back of the CB list on every refresh

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou
Upvote 0
if she didnt use OBS it would temporarily bring her to the back of the CB list on every refresh

Back meaning bottom, right? Just making sure.
She said as a last resort she will try not using OBS (her suggestion, not me at all). So this will be good for me to tell her to turn that refresh off for definite

Upvote 0
Back meaning bottom, right? Just making sure.
She said as a last resort she will try not using OBS (her suggestion, not me at all). So this will be good for me to tell her to turn that refresh off for definite
yeah, last page

Edit: refresh without obs still temporarily stops broadcast right? havent tried it in a long time but i assume it does.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Doesn't refreshing reset their "online" time shown (CB-centric comment only) though? I know one of my followed models will sometimes do this as she feels a bit down seeing she has been online for 2 hours and has only 300 people in the room, where if it shows she has been online for 1min and has 300 people it appears more favourable?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Doesn't refreshing reset their "online" time shown (CB-centric comment only) though? I know one of my followed models will sometimes do this as she feels a bit down seeing she has been online for 2 hours and has only 300 people in the room, where if it shows she has been online for 1min and has 300 people it appears more favourable?

Without obs it will but models that are a tie with their positional score are sorted by time online. It won't make a difference with 300 people obviously because you shouldnt be tied with a bunch of people but if you had say... 0-9 people that extra position might help.

Reactions: jekster
Upvote 0
Without obs it will but models that are a tie with their positional score are sorted by time online. It won't make a difference with 300 people obviously because you shouldnt be tied with a bunch of people but if you had say... 0-9 people that extra position might help.
I assume you can also stop-start stream in OBS... But is this even legal by ToS?..

Upvote 0
I assume you can also stop-start stream in OBS... But is this even legal by ToS?..
if a models position is tied with another model then the model whos been broadcasting longer gets the better position. There is no positional advantage to stopping then starting your broadcast only a disadvantage....... unless the obs server is acting up and causing you to lag something awful or disconnect.

Upvote 0

The models I know/visit don't really care so much about that, as they have their set hours/schedule they will work, and are possibly in/out of PVTs, which of course affects this greatly.

Reactions: jekster
Upvote 0
Here, I would only be suspicious of this plugin.
could you check it and could you see if it is an honest one ?

Refreshing the stream (stop/start OBS) could set her invisible on the user follow page and on CB pages during a while so, I would say 'just don't' :/
Refreshing the chat so often can only make it weird seeing the model going out and in.

Also, she has to stop a while to reset the "online time", a single refresh is not enough, and I don't think that she would fell down in the bottom of the placement. I saw models still high placed when restarting, a day after a good show.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Recently? As far as I know that shouldn't be able to happen anymore unless perhaps it ended in a private I don't actually know the details of the limitations on returning from a private and getting a positional bonus.

oh, maybe not so recently yes
anyway, she would gain nothing in refreshing imo

Upvote 0
The extension is a legitimate and safe one in the Chrome Store. It's one I have used before - i think he just used the first one that came up in the search.
As good and nice as he may have been to try and help her and other models, I don't think he and others like him realise that they are having the opposite effect, or at least not trying to understand things. They just see someone else do it then think "it must be good and work because other models are doing it". When I have even the tiniest bit of doubt (or in this case the opposite - I thought it was wrong but had that little niggle in my mind wondering "is it?") I try to ask those who may know, and try to have reason and discussions about it to figure it out. Unfortunately, some of these people just "go with the flow".

Upvote 0
I had a guy tell me that two weeks ago. He did not spend energy on asking me to install an auto refresher, but I did notice if It is dead after a few hours, I refresh and it helps gain more traffic.

He said the algorithm is because it is number of users and length online, and if you have users and less online time, it makes you seem popular and will help get you on the front page. I never have been on the front page, ever, but in the BBW tag, i can almost get to the top.

When i cam, i solidly cam for hours at a time and can try this one day without refreshing if you'd like me to test it :eek:

Reactions: Mila_ and NotYou
Upvote 0
Mb there is actually smth to refre restarting stream?.. I haven't tested yet... and actually somewhat afraid that this can be seen as some unspoken violation of system abuse... but when I initially start stream after some short time I always get initial "user wave", and then it's pretty quiet until next wave. I'm sure those users aren't my followers, because I'm a new camboy and I don't have many(200). This observation can be in base of the restarting logic, but this should be definately pretty easy to counter for algorithms(like promote model on startup only if previous stream ended more than # hours ago)...

Mb one day, I'll actually try, to see what happens, if I restart after some short time after getting a "user wave", and post my observations...

Upvote 0
xD I may have found a clue while respawning an old profile ^^

The member who advised the model may broadcast as a hobbyist.
When refreshing, he falls down at the end of the classment, where brasilian models pick their viewers and get them in his room.

This can work too for rooms who are not highly placed. When members search in the deeps of pages, I can figure that they try or from the 1st one or from the last ones. (doing so, they become visible by the other end) :/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.