AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

advice for what is correct in how to handle a video situation i want to cancel

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2020
MFC Username
knottykiki
HI there ! thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have a hard situation where i was approached to make a slime video for some one with clothes on . I set the price to $65. He paid. he did not talk about specifics other then that he wanted to see my slimed in 5 minutes with before and after photos.

As time went on I found out that it was to be 5 gallons of slime he wanted me to pour over my head. No way ! This is totally unsafe unrealistic. We agreed that i would scoop out of a bucket no big deal. As well i had no idea i was to be mixing this by hand. I should have done more research i fell like this is my fault.

Some days later he messages requesting that i sit with my knees up as close as possible to my chest. I explain to him I can not do this in the bath it will hurt my tail bone and make the whole experience painful and difficult. He says okay how about some photos. I agreed to try that but then he starts pressuring for them now. So on the spot i take 3 photos not realizing he needs me in the exact position he described as I thought he was only talking about having a knee fetish. SO i take 3 more. Now he has 6. He then says they are alright but can i please do this in the video. Once again i say I can not i will be sitting Indian style . I offer instead one knee up at a time i will pour before dumping on my head. He said ok.

Through out our interactions I have repeatedly told him I want to shoot the video my way as this slime is a first for me and very dangerous to be doing while worrying about postures and i do not have some one else who videos with me . no camera man.

He has asked for photos of me in the tub so he can see where my cam will be in comparison. I instead sent him to a video thumbnail that depicts what he will be seeing . As my computer needs to be away from slime. Its close by the way i know 100 percent this is decent . He knows i have one camera .

later he asks me again if i will have help videoing this. and that do i have 2 cameras. I ignored this hes starting to erk me . On top of this before i bought the slime i explained how he is giving me anxiety and i would like to cancel and retutn the money . He freaked out saying no everything is fine please. So i went ahead and bought it . I spent $30 of his money on it out of the 65.

Im getting to the point where i was once excited about this process and slimeing myself but now i just want nothing to do with it. It going take a shit ton of time to clean and with all of his messages hes taking lot of my time. I find him to be aggravating to work with and no matter how many times i answer he will "forget" and ask again or ask for photos again. I feel like im being played a little. I tried to cancel 1 times he said no itll be okay and to not be worried. I had another panic attack. I told him im getting more anxious again. once again he says all is well but now continues with this behavior. I have a visual spatial disability and i need to be more careful when doing new things for the first time which have told him again and again.

I feel like we are both at fault. Before accepting I should have asked for more specific details or he should have offered more details before telling me to set a price. I want to ask you what I should do now that i no longer want to work with him as the experience has been bad since .

Do you think Im responsible for sending back all of his money now that I am canceling? This means that i would be paying for the slime that i ordered with his money. As I agreed to something and now am bailing? Or do you think I deserve some compensation. I think i do for the photos and the time I have given into his fetish which hes clearly obsessed with. DO you think i need to pay back the money for the slime in the first place?

I want to be a good person about handling this so I appreciate you for reading this and replying. Thank you so much.

once again when this was presented to me the email read like this. " hi im interested in a video of you sliming yourself. how much for a 5 min sliming video with clothes on? He said he would pay for the slime to which i said i dont want him to have my address so i prefer he send money for it and i will order. I have shown him proof of purchase and actually it is to be arriving this week.

I always factor supplies into price, but that doesn't help you now obv. I think it's fair to charge for the photos and send his money back if the video idea makes you uncomfortable!
Thank you yes i did charege for the slime and bought it but now as i am canceling i feel like i owe him the money i spent. I did factor in now the endless emails where he is just trying to live his fetish and photos to a small amount of money .. thank you so much

Do you think Im responsible for sending back all of his money now that I am canceling? This means that i would be paying for the slime that i ordered with his money. As I agreed to something and now am bailing? Or do you think I deserve some compensation. I think i do for the photos and the time I have given into his fetish which hes clearly obsessed with. DO you think i need to pay back the money for the slime in the first place?

I would send his full payment and take the loss, a full payment of what he sent you because he originally paid for a video. If you ever feel you need to be compensated for anything extra, establishing compensation from the get go will make the transaction and communication clear. You don't have to say anything more than that it is becoming more difficult than you expected and can handle, apologize and tell him that you will be providing a full refund.

Technically not a complete loss since you have a product being shipped to you which you could use to record a clip or video to sell :)

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you so very much agree that is the responsible thing to do. I have refunded him with a e mail as well and kept a tiny portion for the photos he has been given for hi knee fetish. he got 6 .Safe to say i learned how to do better the next time around. I need to ask more questions.

also littlelei your name and photo are so cute. Thank you for taking the time to read and write to me today> it helps

Reactions: NotYou
Safe to say i learned how to do better the next time around. I need to ask more questions.

There are a lot of things and I mean a long list of things I wish I handled better in the past with cam customers. Learning from them prepares us should it ever happen again in the future. :)

Thank you yes i did charege for the slime and bought it but now as i am canceling i feel like i owe him the money i spent. I did factor in now the endless emails where he is just trying to live his fetish and photos to a small amount of money .. thank you so much

I agree on just taking the loss. He’s the one making it difficult and after refunding him you owe him nothing. I’ve had to refund and cancel customs for members who add a shit ton of stuff after payment that I never agreed on and was comfortable with.

I swear sometimes they do this on purpose too hoping that you’ll just give in since they paid already. I now tell everyone be upfront, detailed about what they want and there will be no changes allowed after payment. It’s okay to tell him no and sorry you don’t think you’d be a good fit for him for this content. That’s the way I frame it in the cases I have to refund them after they add a whole bunch of stuff and insist on me doing it

I agree on just taking the loss. He’s the one making it difficult and after refunding him you owe him nothing. I’ve had to refund and cancel customs for members who add a shit ton of stuff after payment that I never agreed on and was comfortable with.

I swear sometimes they do this on purpose too hoping that you’ll just give in since they paid already. I now tell everyone be upfront, detailed about what they want and there will be no changes allowed after payment. It’s okay to tell him no and sorry you don’t think you’d be a good fit for him for this content. That’s the way I frame it in the cases I have to refund them after they add a whole bunch of stuff and insist on me doing it

Its so nice to be abe to vent with you girls. I cant tell you enough how much this is appreciated. Like you said it does feel like sometimes its on purpose but I'll take after the advise here and have a written form made up with the proper questions to be filled out. Thank you

Maybe I’m a bitch, but you already sent him pictures. I would NOT send any refund based on that. He paid for the slime with that money, so no, you don’t owe him a refund. It’s not what he wanted, but if this is the same slime guy who bothered me, he does not deserve a refund as he does this on purpose. You sent him A product (pictures and a video thumbnail) and he failed to communicate properly, so that money is now compensation for his asshole tax. I would say that when telling him why you’re cancelling.

If you really want to send a refund, send a partial, not a full refund. He paid for props, he does not deserve a full refund. He should have learned better manners and communication because you are not psychic.

In the future, ask for details of their custom, then quote the price. After that, don't let them keep changing the rules unless you are 100% comfortable with the changes, and are further compensated for any extra work.

Also, be careful when refunding, it's best to do it through the site that he paid if possible.

As a member, just want to say thank you for looking to do what's right. I've only purchased a few custom videos from MFC models, and one was never received. It was with models I've known for a while, and the one I didn't get I just wrote off as a learning experience.

From a member's perspective, I have two trains of thought on this:

• Take a hit and give a full refund just so that way he's over and done and has no place to complain. Use the slime to make future clips, which you can then have residual income coming in. Or, if you do anything on cam with it, can make a club show of it.
  • Partial refund due to time, energy, hassle of dealing with his ever increasing BS and he did get a few photos out of it.

I think it's reasonable to have a couple of questions after the agreement for clarity. But, he went way over what I consider reasonable. Also, I'd say the rate was too low. It's been a couple of years since I did a custom video from a model. But, the going rate at the time was 100 tokens per minute for a very basic video. Any special requests that required purchasing something, or a lot of prep work was in addition to the rate. Also, editing was pretty minimal. Most times, models would ask what kind of clothing, what I wanted to see them do, and sometimes what room. I'm pretty easy going, so my typical responses are "Surprise me".

There's been a number of different threads about how members can be overly specific on video requests, and I think I recall a few saying that scripts had been provided to the models for what the person wanted them to do. Also, many times a custom is not exclusive. If it's exclusive, many models here have stated they charge a much higher rate to help offset any income loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.