AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I found out the real identity of a model. What should I do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2020
Hi everyone, I hope you are getting well.

I am a user (not a model) of a camgirls plateform. I have been chating with a girl for 10 days. We have had some nice conversations about life, books,... No sex performance, or just once for fun. These have been very natural conversations with, I think / hope, some confidence. To prove this, at some point, she gave me some small pieces of personnal information (city, firstname of a friend, city of her sister) that I did not ask. I warned her to not tell me such information to protect her identity.

Today, I was wandering on Facebook. I am very ashame but I must confess I was curious and tried to find her out with the information she gave. It was just a game: the chance to find her was, I thought, to little to be real. But I found her account very quickly. The account is public.

Please note for your complete information that she works in a studio in Colombia.

I am now facing a dilemna:
  • Should I tell her that I found out her real identity and warn her that she must be more careful? Other guys may have some bad intention and injur her.
    If I did so, I would maybe cause her some problem with the studio and / or make her an unnecessary fear (of me) which could have bad consequences on her job (she may stop it).
  • Should I left her in the dark and never chat with her again? (It would be completely sadistic and unrespectful to continue to watch her and discuss with her knowing who she is).
  • Should I have a last short chat with her and tell her that for personnal reason I cannot chat with her anymore?
What do you think? Could you give me some advice? How should you react if you were facing this situation?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
You should do absolutely nothing. Leave the poor girl alone.

What do you think? Could you give me some advice? How should you react if you were facing this situation?
Why would you do anything at all? Finding her real identity by using only those pieces of information is a totally creepy thing to do after she gave it to you in confidence.
Stop talking to her so you can protect her from yourself.

Hi everyone, I hope you are getting well.

I am a user (not a model) of a camgirls plateform. I have been chating with a girl for 10 days. We have had some nice conversations about life, books,... No sex performance, or just once for fun. These have been very natural conversations with, I think / hope, some confidence. To prove this, at some point, she gave me some small pieces of personnal information (city, firstname of a friend, city of her sister) that I did not ask. I warned her to not tell me such information to protect her identity.

Today, I was wandering on Facebook. I am very ashame but I must confess I was curious and tried to find her out with the information she gave. It was just a game: the chance to find her was, I thought, to little to be real. But I found her account very quickly. The account is public.

Please note for your complete information that she works in a studio in Colombia.

I am now facing a dilemna:
  • Should I tell her that I found out her real identity and warn her that she must be more careful? Other guys may have some bad intention and injur her.
    If I did so, I would maybe cause her some problem with the studio and / or make her an unnecessary fear (of me) which could have bad consequences on her job (she may stop it).
  • Should I left her in the dark and never chat with her again? (It would be completely sadistic and unrespectful to continue to watch her and discuss with her knowing who she is).
  • Should I have a last short chat with her and tell her that for personnal reason I cannot chat with her anymore?

Thank you very much.

I feel like you are leaving out some details, city, first name of a friend, city of her sister? come on, no way. Colombian girls are pretty brave, some of these cities/areas are so bad I certainly wouldn't be riding a bus to get to and from work and many will just flat out give you their full name and personal phone number because they really could care less. Before I disabled the feature on FB to be able to find me by phone number a few of them I had on my whatsapp list just flat out found me and added me with their personal account themselves.

If its an unpopular studio model that struggles and you're a decent tipper i'd say just throw it out of your mind and continue supporting her.

Yikes! Stuff like this is why models gotta be cautious when guys in their room are all "Cool! What part of ____ are you in? I actually have family in ____...how far away are you from _____? It's so hot here! What's the temperature where you are?," etc. Be vague as fuck when (if) answering these questions. It's none of their damn business.

Or when they come into your room intentionally calling you by the wrong first name, hoping that you'll correct them by saying "Huh? No, my name is _____!"

Also, being so comfortable with your #1 tipper that you decide to tell him your real name, phone number, etc...Yeah, I wouldn't recommend that either. This shit is virtual...it's nobody's business what part of such and such you live in (and I don't care if they've tipped your whole RENT amount in one single tip...they're not entitled to your personal info)...and people can get nasty and vindictive real quick the minute you tell them "no" or tell them something they don't wanna hear. OR even the ones who don't have bad intentions may get real curious like the op here, and end up going all Inspector Gadget on your ass. Next thing you know, he's sending you Facebook friend requests and inbox messages, following you on Pinterest, and showing up at your favorite Friday night spot. Lol.

Shit's crazy. A former camgirl friend of mine once told me about how she was in a store and got recognized by some dude, and he followed her all around the store like a fanboy, blurting out her cam name. When she got to the register to pay, this prick actually asked the cashier "What name is that on her debit card???" Dude followed her out of the store, grabbed her, and she hit him as hard as she could, and got the fuck outta there.

I wanted to upload a video clip of me singing someplace, but then I realized I had to turn it into an AUDIO clip instead...because in the video I'm standing in a spot where you can see the name of the place in big letters on the wall.

It was just a game: the chance to find her was

Ah yes, messing with a person's life is "just a game"... **facepalm**

I feel like you are leaving out some details, city, first name of a friend, city of her sister? come on, no way. Colombian girls are pretty brave, some of these cities/areas are so bad I certainly wouldn't be riding a bus to get to and from work and many will just flat out give you their full name and personal phone number because they really could care less. Before I disabled the feature on FB to be able to find me by phone number a few of them I had on my whatsapp list just flat out found me and added me with their personal account themselves.

If its an unpopular studio model that struggles and you're a decent tipper i'd say just throw it out of your mind and continue supporting her.

Yeah, I have had this happen. I have had a model's number added to my Whatsapp, and then Facebook (messenger, I think it was) use to have a "people" tab/section and it added her Facebook account as a recommendation in it. Not sure if that exists anymore but I think it's a pretty messed up thing to have, unfortunate. In my instance, I did let he know to be careful who she gives to because it did this - but for me, in my defense, I and she were "friends" for about 3 years and she was happy that I had told her (because even when she gives her phone number for Whatsapp, she still goes by a fake name, and this showed her real FB, real name, etc). (I didn't add her by the way)

But yes, don't do anything.
If she wanted you to have her personal FB or anything else/more, she would give it to you. I know it's quite hypocritical of me to say ignore it when I didn't but I honestly do feel it was different in my case, as we had a nice friendship for 3 years AND I didn't go LOOKING for more.

If she wanted you to have her personal FB or anything else/more, she would give it to you.
I always considered getting snippets of a model's personal information a simple gesture of goodwill or a first level ritual of confidence. Like "you haven't been an asshole so far, so here is my second fake name". It's like unlocking an achievement, but it comes with no privileges. It's IMO simply a polite nod of acknowledgement. If they want to communicate outside the site via WhatsApp or whatever, I decline or pretend I forgot. They can tell me what a handsome man I am or how much they are into older guys on the site, because the etiquette of ritual niceties works just as well in there. Also, I don't really need messages from Dildo_Squirt_Queen_98 popping up on my phone in staff meetings. I mean, I would then have to explain a few things and make a lot of people very uncomfortable in the process.

I try to be a polite and generous customer, but it stops there. I don't need another ball to juggle.

• Funny!
Reactions: trogdor81
I don't really need messages from Dildo_Squirt_Queen_98 popping up on my phone in staff meetings.

I dont remember what changed, if I changed something or android wear or whatsapp did but there was a time when a photo sent through whatsapp would show up on my android wear watch without me touching anything so a few times i'd be walking around with my always on watch face showing a nude photo :facepalm:
(edit: to clarify i mean without my knowledge cause I didn't notice the vibration)

If they want to communicate outside the site via WhatsApp or whatever, I decline or pretend I forgot. They can tell me what a handsome man I am or how much they are into older guys on the site, because the etiquette of ritual niceties works just as well in there. Also, I don't really need messages from Dildo_Squirt_Queen_98 popping up on my phone in staff meetings.

I won’t use WhatsApp for anything model-related. I do communicate with models “off site” via a different platform that I find a little safer/easier to maintain both her privacy and mine.

And I’d never add someone with an explicit screen name for the reason you mentioned. It’s a little easier to explain away a string of notifications from a friend named “Jenny” or “Angela” than from the name you tossed out there.

I dont remember what changed, if I changed something or android wear or whatsapp did but there was a time when a photo sent through whatsapp would show up on my android wear watch without me touching anything so a few times i'd be walking around with my always on watch face showing a nude photo :facepalm:
(edit: to clarify i mean without my knowledge cause I didn't notice the vibration)

Yikes, lol. And I get self-conscious about notifications popping up that are just a string of heart-eyes emojis.

I won’t use WhatsApp for anything model-related. I do communicate with models “off site” via a different platform that I find a little safer/easier to maintain both her privacy and mine.

And I’d never add someone with an explicit screen name for the reason you mentioned. It’s a little easier to explain away a string of notifications from a friend named “Jenny” or “Angela” than from the name you tossed out there.

Yikes, lol. And I get self-conscious about notifications popping up that are just a string of heart-eyes emojis.

I never add them by their online name pseudo name - at most/least I use their fake "real" name. So luckily I have never had something like this happen, although I do have browser notifications turned on for Chaturbate, so even when Chrome is closed (fully closed) it still pops up with the notification that X model is online and shows their photo.. not got me in trouble so far but it has popped up while I am in close quarters of people

Reactions: Smoothie
So luckily I have never had something like this happen, although I do have browser notifications turned on for Chaturbate, so even when Chrome is closed (fully closed) it still pops up with the notification that X model is online and shows their photo.

I live in fear of accidentally clicking “allow” when CB prompts me about desktop notifications. It’s reversible, but still... lol.

I live in fear of accidentally clicking “allow” when CB prompts me about desktop notifications. It’s reversible, but still... lol.
The scariest thing on CB in my opinion is the chromecast button on mobile, i know some where out there someone is going to surprise a living room full of people.

Something that is creepy even without you being a creep is Facebook. They (and all their subsidiary apps - Instagram, Whatsapp) will pop up people's pages and identities all the time purely based on the phone contact in your phone if you have been given a number. Its creepy stalking people so dont do it. But we wary of Facebook and all their apps - its a creepy world full stop so dont make it more so

Its handy also to have convenient aliases in your contacts. There are creeps and also nosy people. And also a lot of ignroant unthinking tech types who build capabilities without thinking what can go wrong.

Another thing to be careful of is without thinking handing your phone to a car sales rep to demonstrate features of a new car you are looking at. before you know it all your contacts and messages will be loaded into a car system

There's a famous quote about not atributing to malice that which can be blamed on stupidity. But sometimes I wonder about the techs. I cant beilev they are all stupid ignorant and thoughtless. Some seem to be assholes

Last edited:
You may disable notifications on your browser itself.
Even if you missclick, you won't have any... I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.