AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

C2C questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2020
I'm a relatively new member of Streamate, and I'm new to the whole cam world in general. I never had any intention of doing c2c, as the thought of it always made me feel paranoid. After finding a model I really like and doing a few private shows with her she actually starts suggesting c2c every time I see her. So I decide to give it a try and I figure I just won't show my face. Pretty much immediately she asks to see my face, so I go for it. We ended up having a great time, I was in exclusive with her for over an hour. At one point she even asks if she can take a picture of my body and I let her.

I haven't been back to her since, because I know that if we go c2c she'll want me to show my face again. Which I still feel very reluctant to do. So my question is should guys feel paranoid about showing their faces? How do the models feel about headless guys? Do clients share any of the same privacy concerns as the performers? (Obviously it's a much bigger issue for the performers) Am I just being silly worrying about this?

After reading about what the girls go through with bots recording the shows and selling them etc., and then reading the Streamate privacy policy that basically says they record everything you say and do and they can do whatever they want with it. It just makes me nervous to keep using the service, which I really quite enjoy.

I'm not distrustful of the model at all by the way, I think she's a consummate professional and excellent at what she does.

I used to be the same, and i still am for most models. Some I am very comfortable with though. Ones I am a regular with, and they have seen my photo/cam face, and just get on well with.
Some of us are shy, some are not, that works both ways for men and women (be it model or viewer/customer). So, I wouldn't say feel bad or anything about it. Just work at your own pace for it, and try not to be pushed and forced into showing your face if you don't want to. It has to be mutual respect. It was 1 or 2 specific models who helped me come out of my shell in terms of being able to show my face to them. They were very nice, kind and reassuring.

Remember, women see cocks on cam all the time, it's the angle/view guys ALWAYS do, so if they have a lot of pvt show each day, that gets annoying and just "oh another cock"... I can understand personally, I am not someone who can just stare at a woman's tits, pussy, ass, etc and get off and enjoy it. I need "more", and the face is that extra personal connection, and I personally really love it.

So, the take away, in my opinion, is to just go at your own pace, and maybe explain a little bit to her/them that you're a nervous and shy person (you don't have to give much more than that).

Edit:
Actually, I remember, I was more nervous about showing my penis to the models than I was my face, and I was EXTREMELY nervous about showing my face, so that goes to show how nervous I was to show what everyone else was happy to show. lol.
I have always been one to hate my body, etc and that is why (I guess I was too worried it was so small women would laugh at it... honestly I don't know lol). Luckily I overcame both, and with those I get on well with, I can show either or both to (depending what they want/ask for - i guess how horny they are or what we are doing lol)

How do the models feel about headless guys?

Every person is different, so different models will feel differently about what they are comfortable with seeing. When I still did private shows I’d only do c2c if the member wanted to show themselves, and I really didn’t care what part of their body showed, because what they looked like was irrelevant. I was there to entertain and make money. Other models may encourage guys to show more of themselves as part of their hustle (after all, you ended up staying in the private for over an hour), some models may be genuinely interested in what the member looks like (I’d say this is definitely the minority, though) and some models aren’t comfortable with doing c2c at all. Though, if I had to take a guess, I’d say most models fall either in the “don’t care” or “don’t want to see” categories.

Do clients share any of the same privacy concerns as the performers?

No. Bots aren’t filming member webcams and I highly, hiiiiggghhllyyy doubt SM is going to jeopardize their site by posting their member’s c2c streams on pirating sites or trying to resell it.

Tons of guys show their faces and bodies in c2c every day on cam sites, and I have never heard of anything like what you’re worried about happening. Cam sites are going to take their member’s privacy seriously, because if they were to do something shady like using footage of member’s cams for something and that got out, they’d lose a ton of members and a ton of money. Why would a business do that?

I'm a relatively new member of Streamate, and I'm new to the whole cam world in general. I never had any intention of doing c2c, as the thought of it always made me feel paranoid. After finding a model I really like and doing a few private shows with her she actually starts suggesting c2c every time I see her. So I decide to give it a try and I figure I just won't show my face. Pretty much immediately she asks to see my face, so I go for it. We ended up having a great time, I was in exclusive with her for over an hour. At one point she even asks if she can take a picture of my body and I let her.

I haven't been back to her since, because I know that if we go c2c she'll want me to show my face again. Which I still feel very reluctant to do. So my question is should guys feel paranoid about showing their faces? How do the models feel about headless guys? Do clients share any of the same privacy concerns as the performers? (Obviously it's a much bigger issue for the performers) Am I just being silly worrying about this?

After reading about what the girls go through with bots recording the shows and selling them etc., and then reading the Streamate privacy policy that basically says they record everything you say and do and they can do whatever they want with it. It just makes me nervous to keep using the service, which I really quite enjoy.

I'm not distrustful of the model at all by the way, I think she's a consummate professional and excellent at what she does.
I am one of the ones who does enjoy viewing the C2C (most of the time), although many models don't care for it. I actually prefer the headless man, and have no problems focusing on just a cock, basically because I know people go through paranoia such as you are describing, and it's not necessary for me to see a face. The advantages of the headless man on C2C are that I find it sexy to watch, and it makes JOI timing easier. I also like to try and gauge what turns the viewer on the most, and what they are not as into, which many are shy to say directly. The penis talks for itself though.

I would not be scared to say No in the future, now that you have had this experience. Although some models do enjoy C2C, I am sure those same models can still have a good time with it off. It's not worth going through all of this stress, after the fact. I doubt that there are any models who can't have a good time without C2C on, it can just add to the experience. If a model cannot get turned on at all without C2C, then they probably might wanna think about that problem themselves, and figure a way around it.

Idk if this will help, but the taping of shows feature on SM (that model can put on) is only the performer, and does not include the user or even pick up their voice. Support probably technically has the ability to see anything, for legal reasons, and because people put their c2c on and do illegal things. Not because they have any interest in guys masturbating. When I am on for a full SM shift, I usually do anywhere from 5-40 shows. For those 40 (on busy short show night) I would say half or more guys put the C2C on. Of the guys that put the C2C on, about 2/3 are headless or panned in on cock. So many guys do still show their faces. If they are gonna go through all this worry after the fact, I wish they would not though. Part of our job is to make viewers feel good, so sometimes guys who are not the most confident can get a real happy boost from being told truthfully that someone who they find sexy, also thinks that they are hot/ cute.

I think it is weird that she would take photos and/or pretend to take them through. Unless you guys were doing some kind of humiliation fetish show, such as SPH, where that is part of the fetish. I have never once, in many years of C2C, genuinely taken a photo of anyone, that part is very strange (at least to me).

Could be a hustle on the model's part, and it's probably that is most likely what it is. I would be more worried about boundaries, and feelings developing with face showing, that being taped by SM though. Best to keep things focused on the genitalia.

Last edited:
C2C is a great tool to increase the connection. I prefer it and just a cock is fine, but when a member shows their face and they are authentic and respectful the shows are even better.

I highly doubt SM would do anything with your info or stream experience. I also have heard of no such thing.

Do what feels right to you. We do what feels right to us. We have the option to decline C2C so you can decline to show face. Models, like myself, are fine either way.

BTW, I just did a C2C with a gorgeous man and was totally surprised as he was polite and authentic. The experience was highly pleasurable.

I think it is weird that she would take photos and/or pretend to take them through. Unless you guys were doing some kind of humiliation fetish show, such as SPH, where that is part of the fetish. I have never once, in many years of C2C, genuinely taken a photo of anyone, that part is very strange (at least to me).
From a user point of view:
I fully agree on this point: the way the model acted as described by the Original Poster seems to be really weird and I would avoid this room in the future. It makes me recall another room, during a c2c, where the model wanted to have a virtual visit to my home. I could only figure that she had a block-note beside, noticing every detail to have an idea of my incomes and basis to guess a location, she could also take screen-shots for some blackmail purpose :/
(I made this virtual visit, being curious... as my home can show no luxurious thing at all xD)
But these cases are very marginal, I had only 1 doubt of this sort in years of practice.

C2c though is for me the best way to play in confidence. You're showing that you really enjoy her show, she can see well if you're honest or too weird for her.
This many models can better figure seeing your face, but this point (the face) can be easily avoided until you've experimented more and can judge it by yourself, for each model.
As you can read, when a model works in total confidence, it's usually win-win. You gain in reality, complicity, synchronicity, intimacy, all this makes more pleasure :)
Also, you won't have the eternal question "are you still there?" haha)

I've paid for about half a dozen private shows but they were mostly 1-way. I did one C2C recently after tipping for some flashes. I was broadcasting at the time. I was in her room talking to her in PM and she was in my room complimenting me. We got along well and my room was quiet so I said why not. I was a bit nervous but we had a lot of fun. That was the first time I orgasmed on cam. Good experience before I did my 1st private with a tipper.

Before that I won a C2C in Roll the Dice with a South American girl but I didn't want to stop broadcasting. I told her just to watch my cam because I didn't do privates at the time but she didn't seem to understand... It confused me too what her C2C entailed because it seemed like too cheap a prize for a mutual private show.

I didn't do privates but she didn't seem to understand
Some models can't figure that a man really streams seriously, so many guys just open their cam figuring to have tokens easily to play with.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Some models can't figure that a man really streams seriously, so many guys just open their cam figuring to have tokens easily to play with.

It was a 25 token roll the dice prize which would be less than 5 minutes in private at the lowest token rate, so I'm not sure what sort of c2c it would have been. The private shows I've paid for have all lasted around half an hour. Anyway, I'll never know I guess :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoD404
I really appreciate all of the responses here from everyone, it's very helpful and fascinating information.

From a user point of view:
I fully agree on this point: the way the model acted as described by the Original Poster seems to be really weird and I would avoid this room in the future. It makes me recall another room, during a c2c, where the model wanted to have a virtual visit to my home. I could only figure that she had a block-note beside, noticing every detail to have an idea of my incomes and basis to guess a location, she could also take screen-shots for some blackmail purpose :/
(I made this virtual visit, being curious... as my home can show no luxurious thing at all xD)
But these cases are very marginal, I had only 1 doubt of this sort in years of practice.

Yeah I probably could elaborate more on the whole picture thing. I'm a bodybuilder/physique guy so it was really fun for me to show off my body in c2c. After she convinced me to show my face I asked her if she wanted to see the body. The model had this explosive reaction when I took my shirt off and actually said "fuck you!" multiple times in a playful way. It was funny, and the majority of that hour we spent talking about fitness and beauty etc. At one point when I was posing she asked if she could take a picture of me for "inspiration". I'm almost certain my head was out of the shot, and it didn't feel weird in the moment so I agreed to it.

I worried a little bit about it afterwards, but the fact that she is pretty popular (always on the first page), consistently works on an actual schedule, and appears to have been doing this for some time gave me confidence in her.

where the model wanted to have a virtual visit to my home.
In one of the very few C2Cs I had I declined a similar request. Seemed a bit dodgy to me, even though I could definitely do with some tips on interior decoration 😅

However, my C2C "career" crashed and burned after a session where it was painfully obvious that the model's studio monitor was more than curious about what was going on. I already knew he was there and it didn't bother me as such, but when he appeared in the corner mirror seated less than a meter from the model, it sort of ruined everything. Suspension of disbelief is imo the only commodity for sale on cam sites, and it sucked getting broken goods.

My goto model for privates now keeps asking me to cum on cam, but I have some (newfound) hurdles to overcome because of that monitor guy 🤔

I really appreciate all of the responses here from everyone, it's very helpful and fascinating information.

Yeah I probably could elaborate more on the whole picture thing. I'm a bodybuilder/physique guy so it was really fun for me to show off my body in c2c. After she convinced me to show my face I asked her if she wanted to see the body. The model had this explosive reaction when I took my shirt off and actually said "fuck you!" multiple times in a playful way. It was funny, and the majority of that hour we spent talking about fitness and beauty etc. At one point when I was posing she asked if she could take a picture of me for "inspiration". I'm almost certain my head was out of the shot, and it didn't feel weird in the moment so I agreed to it.

I worried a little bit about it afterwards, but the fact that she is pretty popular (always on the first page), consistently works on an actual schedule, and appears to have been doing this for some time gave me confidence in her.
Sounds like she is trying to make you feel even better about yourself than you likely already do, and/or play into your ego. It's a surprisingly effective tactic. Does not surprise me that she is successful, a lot of people lap that shit up and love it. I would not worry in the slightest about the picture taking, in that case. Muscle worship is actually a fetish, which is fairly common. She probably has, ahem, prior experience w it.

It makes me recall another room, during a c2c, where the model wanted to have a virtual visit to my home. I could only figure that she had a block-note beside, noticing every detail to have an idea of my incomes and basis to guess a location, she could also take screen-shots for some blackmail purpose :/

I’ve done this before too with a couple of models I’d come to know over time. My home is pretty non-descript. I felt comfortable doing it, and didn’t think twice about it.

Heck, I’ve shared pics of my home (gps off) with some models showing decorations and such of a gag I played on people. 😂🤪

As someone that's used the site as a member for years. I have to say they've made things easier then ever for C2C features on SM. Now you can choose video and audio independently so you can talk while remaining shy if you wish.

As far as the recording comment. Unfortunately there are models that record and post EVERY private (exclusives included) on their alt sites (modelcentro for example). While your video doesn't show up, if you're using audio that can be heard and so always be careful what you say if you use audio features on camsites as a member there no insurances that this will be kept private even though you paid for an exclusives.

My speakers don't pick up the audio. I rewatch all of mine and edit heavily before posting anyways. I did not know that some models catch the audio. I never have, so I do not know what SMuser is talking about.

It's not "unfortunate" for all members, especially mine who get a free copy of the recording. Many are grateful for that because they don't have the software, hardware of video editing capabilities to do it for themselves, and end up with a smooth clip. If anyone sees a model who resells privates, simply message her and ask her not to resell yours, if it bothers you. Likely she will have no problem with that, unless she can't stand you anyways, and is using a passive way to get you to move on. Like if she is scared you're the type to wile out at direct rejection and get fucking weird :haha:

If you are a polite and fair user, who has good communication skills, the model in question, will likely be agreeable to anything that makes you happy.

Many guys are really grateful for an edited, smoother, free version of their show, put in clip format (so they can rewatch it at will, and don't need to get upset when the model is too busy with others to do another show with them). So yeah, there are 2 sides to that one. Just ask directly if in doubt. Many of my regulars get pissed off I forget to tape it for resale. Many times I have not been in the mood to tape, and spend an hour editing afterward, and not bothered. Then they have called me on it, and been disappointed because they wanted it taped, and provided to them. Direct, assertive and honest communication does wonders, and can clear up any confusions, misunderstandings, or paranoia.

Last edited:
I noticed it while spying some Pvt (then signaled the model ofc)
I was talking about the SM Connect (SM Connect is SMs broadcaster) feature where you can tape exclusive shows and resell as clips. I don't split stream. Some people have an issue with models even reselling taped shows, and I do not think that that is fair of those people at all (although I think the comment I was responding to was deleted). So I was trying to provide more balanced, thorough information about that feature. SM does not provide the user/buyer/ person with a library of past taped shows. But it provides the model with the option to tape group shows, and to tape exclusive shows, then to resell and/or provide to the tapings to the original buyer of the show. However, when a model tapes a show this way, and the guy has had his C2C on, and talks, it does not catch his talking, it only catches the model's side of the conversation. Therefore the model can simply heavily edit the clip afterward, to cut out all screen names used, and there is absolutely no identifying information in the clip.

ETA; A guy could secretly tape his own show, but that would be breaking the rules. Whereas a model taping it and providing it to him, would not be breaking any rules. Less work for a guy, and smoother end result. SMUser made a comment saying it does catch the guy's voice, and it never has from 100s of tapings that I have done, on my computer at least.

Last edited:
I was talking about the SM Connect (SM Connect is SMs broadcaster) feature where you can tape exclusive shows and resell as clips. I don't split stream. Some people have an issue with it, and I do not think that that is fair of those people at all. So I was trying to provide more information about it. SM does not provide the user with a library of past taped shows. But it provides the model with the option to tape group shows, and exclusive shows, then to resell and/or provide to the original buyer of the show. However, when a model tapes a show this way, and the guy has had his C2C on, and talks, it does not catch his talking, it only catches the models side. Therefor the model can simply heavily edit the clip afterward, to cut out all screen names used, and there is absolutely no identifying information in the clip.

Because that feature exist doesn't mean it's that feature some models are using to record. Many seem to just record their straight OBS feeds or use other softwares. Also even in SM if the latency delay is great enough in the season the noise cancel stops working and you can definitely hear yourself on the model's end it's not a 100% perfect system.

My warning stands that for the most part MEMBERS are under the impression that an exclusive show isn't being shared with others, more over, that SM support will refund the show if as a member you find a copy of it offsite.

Nobody was directly anything towards you we're all talking about the general situation involving WHAT sort of member C2C stuff CAN show up if recording does happen.

Nobody was directly anything towards you we're all talking about the general situation involving WHAT sort of member C2C stuff CAN show up if recording does happen.
Obviously, but I am trying to provide full information specifically about the SM feature of taping shows and reselling for original OP, and others who may read and get confused and jump to the wrong conclusion about the site and it's features.

I do not believe that SM will do a refund in that case. Maybe you got one from one customer service agent, one time, but I do not believe that that is the general rule. I will contact support and ask them about this. All of this is in TOS for both members and model. Very clear.

ETA; I have NEVER had a voice show up. You said that they do (in general, as a general statement), I am presenting my real info (based upon taping of 100s of shows using SM connect) on that. Now I'm done with this, I'm busy. Just didn't want an opinion piece on your part, to be interpreted as an unbiased factual piece by others. That simple.

Last edited:
I need "more", and the face is that extra personal connection, and I personally really love it.
Same. Maybe I am weird, but I could have even more enjoyment from being in private with a hot model who just has the camera on her face. Many times I have found myself in bliss and climaxing like crazy just staring at a model's face - even when her full lady parts are in plain sight. It is just so much more intimate for me. And I suspect your model might feel the same way after staring at all sorts of misshapen, different colored, circumcised and uncircumcised, tiny/huge and "regular", various levels of hard, and usually close-up cocks for hours.

Reactions: NotYou
It was a 25 token roll the dice prize which would be less than 5 minutes in private at the lowest token rate, so I'm not sure what sort of c2c it would have been. The private shows I've paid for have all lasted around half an hour. Anyway, I'll never know I guess :)

It's my understanding that when cam models have "C2C for x number of minutes" on their tip menu or as prizes, it just means they'll view your cam while remaining in public chat. Most of them include C2C in private shows at no additional cost.

PS - I mostly communicate with Colombian studio models.

It's my understanding that when cam models have "C2C for x number of minutes" on their tip menu or as prizes, it just means they'll view your cam while remaining in public chat. Most of them include C2C in private shows at no additional cost.
You can only do that on Chaturbate, I think. E.g. on StripChat you can't stream yourself outside a C2C session with a model. Not sure about other sites though.

PS - I mostly communicate with Colombian studio models.
On streamate most include (if they are open to it) at no additional cost. Many on SM only allow C2C in true private, but not in group shows.

I didn't know that was even an option on SM. I am guessing you have to ask the model to find out if they do it???
Um ...yes, it's an option in any show, except for a gold show 9if model allows).

Sorry, I'm seriously almost peeing my pants laughing at what this poor guy (and Amber) are gonna think, getting answers from nothing but Gordon Ramsay profiles, on their question LMFAO!!!

LMAO - I just thought that too. :giggle: I misread the whole thing. Thought you meant you could c2c in a group show on SM. Now I'm off to cook a gourmet lunch with my sous chef.

I'm pretty sure with some models you actually can c2c in group shows. I was in one once and "cam2cam now available" was intermittently popping up and I realized it was people taking turns. At least that's what I assume, every time I've gone c2c I do it in exclusive.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone for their responses on this thread. It definitely brought me some comfort. I'm curious, is it safe to assume that the more successful/popular/active models are more trustworthy? What about studio vs non-studio? What should people really look out for? I apologize if these things have been answered elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.