AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

So to test this theory , a bunch of model with tokens could hangout in the room of christiandiorx then observe his page placement?

Heres a weird observation i made a long time ago, not sure if its still valid.

I noticed some very highly ranked EXHIB accounts, I thought it was weird i went for a look and was interested to see that the model had made all the gray users mods, just so they could pm each other. The entire room was mods.. and yet in the rankings they seemed to push the page way up

Upvote 0
There’s a link on the top right corner of the model listing on Chaturbate called “scan rooms” if you click on it the site will skip rooms for you starting with the top position and moving down, one by one. The default time it keeps you in a room I believe is 45 seconds but you can change the duration on the settings. I use it a lot, especially when I’m cooking or doing something else while browsing and my hands are occupied lmao. Not sure how popular the feature is but on a site with 10000s of viewers even a small percentage could make a significant change for some models if they get excluded because people tend to leave computers idle so the scan feature reaches back pages that would otherwise receive 0 traffic. Again.. if the neighbouring cams receive these random viewers and yours don’t cause you are excluded, then they climb over you.

Never really noticed it before. It only appears on my profile page not any other screen. I just tested it and it's only showing male cams for some reason.

Upvote 0
Never really noticed it before. It only appears on my profile page not any other screen. I just tested it and it's only showing male cams for some reason.

Yeah, I hadn't used it in a little while, it seems like they took it off the homepage and now it only shows up once you click on a cam, on the same spot though, top right corner. It's strange it's only showing you male cams... maybe if you click on it when you are in a male cam it will only show males?

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
Yeah, I hadn't used it in a little while, it seems like they took it off the homepage and now it only shows up once you click on a cam, on the same spot though, top right corner. It's strange it's only showing you male cams... maybe if you click on it when you are in a male cam it will only show males?

Tried again and it stays on whatever gender you start on. It's also stuck on a 15 second timer for me.

Upvote 0
Sweetheart, I created my CB account on 2013. Have been a top camgirl on Chaturbate for 5 years now. When I started the only value on the algorithm was raw number of viewers, I have been there for every major algorithm change they have implemented since. Even now, after an absence of like.. 8 months or something I turned on my cam for 2 hours and reached the first row. I have done more tests on the algorithm than you will ever be capable of doing in a lifetime because you do not broadcast and your 10000s of associates from studios to models never reach page 1.
That's great and what year did you test this? perhaps you should take the time to test it again and make sure the test has a longer duration to make sure its not confused with other factors. Never said they didn't hit page 1. Why are you mentioning your absence and returning after 8 months? are you suggesting thats because of your knowledge of the algorithm? 🤨

You remind me a lot of another user named Rhoids who didn’t do so well on this forum.

🤷‍♂️ it's not a popularity contest, if models want to ask their dedicated fans to start holding a bunch of tokens to help with their position because mila said it helps and the less popular cbhours said it won't then thats on them.

Upvote 0
i agree sometimes things are happening to chaturbate that is really frustrating and u feel like there is no hope to get it back to normal , especialy if you expect any support serious answer., Happend to me months ago,, from 3000,4000 users i had 100..150, never had this even when i start camming., was few days like this, i was depressed becouse i worked really hard to gain half million users on cb in 10 y online and now cb did something and my room was empty, noone entering,. I mailed few times to support to get the copy paste email back ... we let u know that u got female blocked, some countries area . are u fking kidding me? i had them blocked for 10 y and have daily over 1000 users and now 80..100... made me cry , ,,, funny part after like 2 days this way site crushed... for 1 h and so,,, then while onlnie my room again boomm, lots of users ... hope wont happend again, still having slow times with 500.700 users sometimes but not 80 .100 only those who folow always .. and noone else ..I love chaturbate i put all my time and energy in the last 10 y on it and is really worth, but if you need support help u better wait for god to help you or you gonna lose your mind with support of cb ,.. need like 100 emails till they understand your situation and still giving same not helping answers ..

Upvote 0
Heres a weird observation i made a long time ago, not sure if its still valid.

I noticed some very highly ranked EXHIB accounts, I thought it was weird i went for a look and was interested to see that the model had made all the gray users mods, just so they could pm each other. The entire room was mods.. and yet in the rankings they seemed to push the page way up
how long ago? I noticed something a few weeks ago, exhib counts as a SD broadcast now so seems much harder to use it for a boost on initial launch.

Upvote 0
how long ago? I noticed something a few weeks ago, exhib counts as a SD broadcast now so seems much harder to use it for a boost on initial launch.
Was a year or 2 ago, greys converted to mods seemed to count as coloured users. Noticed in Exhib rooms, wouldn't be too hard to test
login 50 grays get your model friend to mod them all and test??

Upvote 0
That's great and what year did you test this? perhaps you should take the time to test it again and make sure the test has a longer duration to make sure its not confused with other factors. Never said they didn't hit page 1. Why are you mentioning your absence and returning after 8 months? are you suggesting thats because of your knowledge of the algorithm? 🤨

🤷‍♂️ it's not a popularity contest, if models want to ask their dedicated fans to start holding a bunch of tokens to help with their position because mila said it helps and the less popular cbhours said it won't then thats on them.
You really can’t see how far up your own ass you are?

As models we can see approximately how many tokens a user is holding with a trick. When a user with deep pockets enters my room, and I’ve had regulars who come in with 30k+ tokens in their account each session, I notice the placement boost, and when he spends it the boost is gone. I got the tokens in my pocket though which ultimately is the reason why any camgirl logs in, so telling them to hoard them is stupid. I do, however, notice much more than you do as a viewer no matter how much tracking of variables you might do from your couch because I have access to privileged info you don’t have. Now after doing many shows like this I figured it’s the total amount of tokens held by users in the room, it doesn’t matter if it’s one user holding all of it or split among 100. That’s as much as I can tell from my own observations. The last time I streamed consistently was April. So it might have changed since then. However, I do still have the same success after taking such a long break because 1 month ago when I streamed for 2 hours I was on the top row.
Now I won’t engage with you any further since you are by my estimation a clown

Upvote 0
You really can’t see how far up your own ass you are?

🤦‍♂️Mila, I don't think you're wrong, i know you are.

As models we can see approximately how many tokens a user is holding with a trick.
Having several users in the room report to you their token amount / get rid of tokens until the user pops above your name / recycle them to another account, etc?

I’ve had regulars who come in with 30k+ tokens in their account each session, I notice the placement boost, and when he spends it the boost is gone..... I do, however, notice much more than you do as a viewer.... because I have access to privileged info you don’t have.

:giggle: ok

Now I won’t engage with you any further since you are by my estimation a clown

Well based on your statements so far I don't really put much value in your observations, estimates or analytical capability.

Upvote 0
I would like for Shirley to notice this user is in communication with studio owners helping them crack the algorithm so they can abuse it with bots, dummy accounts, and token shuffling... and to see some action taken with regards to his affiliate account. I might write to support with this information.

Nobody stops him or anyone else from tracking public information, but when he is using the information to help his “associates” as he calls them cheat the system and gain an unfair advantage over honest models, using Chaturbate’s acronym and name throughout his site and the models likeness, perhaps Chaturbate should reconsider letting him use the affiliate program. They did take the option away from Chaturbate100.com even though he never cheat the system and eventually they even took his domain away. I consider what Cbhours is doing to be in violation of ToS as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: mira_leo
Upvote 0
I would like for Shirley to notice this user is in communication with studio owners helping them crack the algorithm so they can abuse it with bots, dummy accounts, and token shuffling... and to see some action taken with regards to his affiliate account. I might write to support with this information.

Nobody stops him or anyone else from tracking public information, but when he is using the information to help his “associates” as he calls them cheat the system and gain an unfair advantage over honest models, using Chaturbate’s acronym and name throughout his site and the models likeness, perhaps Chaturbate should reconsider letting him use the affiliate program. They did take the option away from Chaturbate100.com even though he never cheat the system and eventually they even took his domain away. I consider what Cbhours is doing to be in violation of ToS as well.

😲 someones angry at me 😿

I never once stated I shared any information with studios, i said they had big mouths and shared it with me there is a difference. I assume that chaturbate100 was taken down for the way they gathered the token amounts, I follow all the rules and use the information they provide in their API.

Upvote 0
Okay so you lost a big tipper, that has a direct impact on your placement because the amount of tokens the users are holding in your room is one of the factors i know FOR SURE has weight in the algorithm. So if you used to have 16 viewers and 1 of them was holding 1000 tokens you would climb over someone with more users but less tokens in their accounts.

Second, you also changed a bunch of things including a move.. so you switched internet providers or internet plan.. you changed your webcam, your lighting... the people who join you are just average viewers.. they don't know how the system works, there's people who think technical issues are also a part of the algorithm (not in my experience but in theirs) they claim you get better placement if you have a smooth internet connection and you use OBS.. so if you switched everything up, maybe that is also a contributing factor.

I want to also make sure you understand I do not doubt you, or the ladies in the screenshots you posted have experienced this huge drop in viewership. I believe you. What I don't believe is support is out there manually shadowbanning people for no reason. This is a site FAMOUS for directly banning people for absolutely no reason or a bullshit reason that makes no sense "appearing underage" even though they are verified with legit IDs, just to name one bogus reason... so if they wanted you to fuck off they would ban you, don't doubt that, they wouldn't be sneaky about it. If people are losing their viewership at alarming rates and they can rule out other variables (you certainly can't from the history you just described) THEN I attribute it to either a malfunction or a secondary effect of some algorithm change they implemented that just happens to affect innocent people at random. But I dont believe they are out there in a meeting discussing the fate of models on page 7. They don't get paid enough for that my man.

Yes, I lost a big tipper, but our shows were like this
1 - he joins me
2 - drops 5000 tokens in like 10 mins
3 - leaves
I really don't think he was helping me with any traffic. My traffic was already shit with him. I was only making $250-$500 by myself when this big tipper was active which was May-July.
Yes, changing my whole set up could be a contributing factor for sure, but dropping +90% of traffic?..... it does seem a bit weird, I don't think changing set ups would bring my earnings so down. Plus, I changed my setup for the better, I improved it all and I'm making more in all other sites, but my traffic on CB completely disappeared starting in May.

And no, they are not in a meeting discussing "the fate of models on page 7". But for sure there are monitors all over Chaturbate pages 24/7. I know for a fact because I got caught 2x doing something against the rules, which was kinda dumb aka showing my phone screen on camera or they saw my friends hair on cam by accident, I immediately got a warning. They stare all models, from page 1 to 20.

IMO, what is happening is: they manually control the traffic, choosing whos gonna get traffic and who won't - OR - The site is run by a proprietary algorithm that changes regularly. During some iterations, CB values what you are offering. Then they change it to value something else and overnight you are screwed. For me, I never recovered.

I REALLY don't think my earnings dropped from $2,000 to $100 by a natural cause. There is something going on for sure, and most people got affected by it around april/may just like me.

I am not trying to prove anyone anything, you guys have your opinion, I am just saying what I think it's going on, and Chaturbate is reading all these posts anyway so it's good for them to know we are talking about this

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
This last week has probably been my worst since I started. My last 3 broadcasts would have been a total of 0 tokens earned if not for a nice model from these forums dropping 200 tokens to support me. I get so tired and bored when people aren't at least chatting and it's mostly greys that chat.

The models hanging out silently in my room are usually enough to push me to page 2 for males. I think to attract new tippers I need to be on page 1 but without tippers I struggle to get to page 1. It's a hard cycle to break out of. I envy the models on page 1 who get tokens thrown at them before they even show any skin like it's nothing :)

Reactions: sugar_bonnie
Upvote 0
what is happening is: they manually control the traffic, choosing whos gonna get traffic and who won't
I just cannot for the life of me see a cam site doing this, whatsoever. They have way bigger fish to fry. Don't flatter yaself.
The site is run by a proprietary algorithm that changes regularly.
I think this is ultimately what we are seeing here. So many in the thread are trying to figure what it is in the algo that has changed, but no one knows for absolutely sure.

So the ultimate question is, what has changed, and why has it impacted you so greatly?

What I can say for sure is:
This is rude af
and
🤦‍♂️Mila, I don't think you're wrong, i know you are.
this is even worse.

She's done her testing just as you have. Neither of you can know for 100% you're right, but you (CBhours) cannot hold this stance of "I know you're wrong" when you don't know if you're not wrong. Neither of you are the programmers at CB that control this shit. It's one thing for @Mila_ to insist she's figured out what's up, and another for you to post what you did in the ones I quoted. And never mind that over the years here at ACF, many have come to the same conclusion.

So fuckin' stop it.

I wanted to hold your information highly here, and respect your position in the CB world, but you've lost a LOT of respect and credibility with how you've presented yourself in this thread and in this argument. So please rethink your tone and your way of interacting here.

Upvote 0
some sites do this, trust me, and that's why I consider this as an option for CB acting this way
I don't trust you, because you have no proof. So my comment stands. There's no reason for them to target you as an individual.

Reactions: GothHostess
Upvote 0
I don't trust you, because you have no proof. So my comment stands. There's no reason for them to target you as an individual.
I do have a proof, but I'm obviously not going to give you because I don't even know you, and you seem rude all the time. As I said before, the manager of a big site told me the goodies, and Catsmith also said the camsite she worked for confirmed they cut her traffic.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
I do have a proof, but I'm obviously not going to give you because I don't even know you, and you seem rude all the time. As I said before, the manager of a big site told me the goodies, and Catsmith also said the camsite she worked for confirmed they cut her traffic.
K, we'll just continue taking your word for it.

Upvote 0
This is rude af
and

this is even worse.

She's done her testing just as you have. Neither of you can know for 100% you're right, but you (CBhours) cannot hold this stance of "I know you're wrong" when you don't know if you're not wrong. Neither of you are the programmers at CB that control this shit. It's one thing for @Mila_ to insist she's figured out what's up, and another for you to post what you did in the ones I quoted. And never mind that over the years here at ACF, many have come to the same conclusion.

So fuckin' stop it.

I wanted to hold your information highly here, and respect your position in the CB world, but you've lost a LOT of respect and credibility with how you've presented yourself in this thread and in this argument. So please rethink your tone and your way of interacting here.

Let me get this right, she calls me a clown and directly attempts to attack one of my sources of income but you call me out on my snopes joke? (thats the icon for something already proven to be false)

Look at my post history, when i'm not sure i'll use different wording such as isn't likely. I will even offer to help them test it if they come up with a theory. If I say i'm sure of something, i'm sure, the theory of holding tokens is probably the easiest to test so far. If I lost your respect and credibility for posting the most accurate information I have and offering to help test any theories on methods they think of then I don't know what to say about that.

I do apologize to all the models that are struggling I just try to check the forums and respond between work and sometimes its easy for me to lose sight of the fact that I have filled a thread with as mila described in her deleted post as "shitting on models ideas" and if this is my last post on this forum I can be found on twitter and on the camgirlproblems reddit discord.

Upvote 0
Let me get this right, she calls me a clown and directly attempts to attack one of my sources of income but you call me out on my snopes joke? (thats the icon for something already proven to be false)
Yes, I called out that post, because it was the start/worsening of the fight between you to. That post was before the namecalling, and likely the cause of it.

I don't mind people insisting that their testing has proven something, but as I said no one is 1000% sure because no one actually programs the site's algorithms themselves. That means I even suggested that Mila should use looser terms about what's "for sure" and "false". It was aimed at everyone.

But if you'd rather not participate here, instead of realizing you're possibly guilty of doing as I pointed out, that's fine. We wish you all the best.

Upvote 0
Yes, I called out that post, because it was the start/worsening of the fight between you to. That post was before the namecalling, and likely the cause of it.

I don't mind people insisting that their testing has proven something, but as I said no one is 1000% sure because no one actually programs the site's algorithms themselves. That means I even suggested that Mila should use looser terms about what's "for sure" and "false". It was aimed at everyone.

But if you'd rather not participate here, instead of realizing you're possibly guilty of doing as I pointed out, that's fine. We wish you all the best.
Yes, in my personal experience it has been always true that the amount of tokens held by the members in the room has a direct effect on my placement, however, I don’t use bots to do any tests, or dummy accounts, or shuffle tokens. So it’s just my own personal experience and observation. Obviously if Cbhours and his studio associates have been running tests with bots and dummy accounts and shuffling tokens and doing this using 30 or 40 different model accounts, and found it has no merit maybe there is an alternative explanation.. or maybe they aren’t taking something into account which happens often when you cheat. It is entirely possible the algorithm can tell between a member who purchased his tokens and one who is simply being siphoned the tokens from another account. There could be a minimum threshold perhaps they aren’t meeting, etc... that’s the thing when you run tests based off real interaction vs cheats. If I ever say I know something for a fact please know that I know it to be a fact in my room, but nobody else’s.. and my experience doesn’t have to be universal. If I haven’t made that clear I have to apologise for the wording, I’m sometimes clumsy with language and tend to make broad generalisations rather than punctualize what I mean more carefully

Upvote 0
I wonder if the amount of text that members are posting in a room has any effect? rooms with more active chatters going up in the algorithm? vs rooms with people parked but not interacting.

Upvote 0
Well i can confirm %100 some type of shadow ban on one gray account I have it can still enter rooms, cannot type, BUT is no longer listed in the list of users in the room. Some model run an app/bot greeting users. I still see welcome "mygrayusername" the room user count is correct. But my username ain't listed

so there is a system in place to hide a category of site users of some type.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.