AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

Also notice: when I discovered CB >3 years ago there was only half amount of broadcasters online in peek moments. you didn't had theater modes, HD broadcastings. All these things takes huge amount of bandwidth . Everything has it limits and continuous investment is needed to keep up.... + connection with slower networks (from countries that aren't equiped like western countries) slows everything down. I'm not really believe in capping.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
When we talk about this, what do you think is best FPS? I have great computer,logitech brio+internet with upload more than 40 MB,but im aways think how is FPS for viewers. Did anybody noticed difference with using 30 or 60, 30 or 25 PAL etc? Or if I have good stuff and can stream in 60 FPS everybody will see me good?

Upvote 0
When we talk about this, what do you think is best FPS? I have great computer,logitech brio+internet with upload more than 40 MB,but im aways think how is FPS for viewers. Did anybody noticed difference with using 30 or 60, 30 or 25 PAL etc? Or if I have good stuff and can stream in 60 FPS everybody will see me good?
I prefer the look of 60fps, and a lot of my viewers do as well. The only thing to keep in mind, especially with the Brio, is that you need significantly more light streaming in 60fps compared to 30 if you want a cleaner image.

Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
Yes what nigerian prince said because you need to be able to use an exposure of about -8 (on default windows drivers, value may be different if you installed other logitech drivers)
but why? I use ring lamp +softbox an d -7 exposure and still is veeery bright so i lowering with pilot light of ring lamp.Im sending you pic from 60 fps -7/ i mean i dont understand what has 60 fps to exposure142252200_3813360185354041_7583010954460328919_o.jpg

Upvote 0
but why? I use ring lamp +softbox an d -7 exposure and still is veeery bright so i lowering with pilot light of ring lamp.Im sending you pic from 60 fps -7/ i mean i dont understand what has 60 fps to exposureView attachment 86937
To achieve the same level of brightness at a higher frame rate your webcam has to increase the ISO, which is the setting that determines how sensitive the camera's sensors is to light. The downside is when you increase the ISO to get the same level of brightness you introduce more grain/noise into your image. Not a perfect example, but look at the two images below. The left one is clean and when right one is grainy, even though both images are just as bright. If you don't have enough light on the Brio it will look a little more like the image on the right.
1611624443373.png

Upvote 0
but why? I use ring lamp +softbox an d -7 exposure and still is veeery bright so i lowering with pilot light of ring lamp.Im sending you pic from 60 fps -7/ i mean i dont understand what has 60 fps to exposureView attachment 86937
You might have some different drivers installed which is perfectly fine it just means the values are a little different, on the default drivers -8 is darker than -7, I want to say it goes the range is like -11 to -2 maybe? I believe on the brio to actually achieve a fully smooth 60fps video its around a -8 exposure (edit: I mean -8 or lower like you can do -9 -10 etc). the higher the exposure (closer to 0 since negative) the less smooth the video will be. Anyway you just basically set exposure down as much as you can where you can still compensate with gain to achieve the brightness you want but without the grain mentioned above.

Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.