AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Very Disappointed in Streamate...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2021
So yesterday was my very first day on Streamate. I was stoked...and having an amazing day! I didn't have a 1000+ guys in my room or anything like that, but was staying really busy with several who were wanting private shows back to back and waiting. Suddenly Admin comes on my feed and said this one guy in particular had pre-paid a fairly large amount (or to me it was) for me to do a special PUBLIC show and that we can't usually show nudity in public shows, but this was a special circumstance and to "give him whatever he wants". I was nervous but also trying not to lose any revenue. So I talked briefly with the 3 guys waiting for pvt shows, encouraging them to stick around for this special public show I was about to do. I got right back to messaging with the priority 1 member but he kept logging off and back on repeatedly. In the midst of all this confusion I managed to find out he wanted me to change from lingerie I was wearing to a mini skirt or dress. I just so happened to have one handy, so I proceeded to change into it and grant his request. I then realized I was in private chat now with him....then BOOM! They disconnected me and put me in 24hour time out. So, I lost whatever that could've earned me PLUS my other 3 members waiting. I'm not gonna lie, I'm still pretty livid as I type this. No one from support will respond to me. Just had an email stating it was because I got nude below the waist in a public show. I know the rules and was not about to strip down publicly. However, THEY TOLD me nudity was not only allowed for that show, but EXPECTED. They screwed me bad, plus I kinda feel exploited. Furthermore, I feel I'd put in time that day and truly worked for the money that they basically took from me for doing exactly what THEY told me was expected! I pushed my limits quite a bit yesterday as far as content was concerned, but I would have NEVER gotten nude for the public had they not requested it and informed me it was prepaid. Turned out to be for NOTHING, and that REALLY chaps my hide! Has anyone else experienced anything like this, particularly the part about Admin advising you in the middle of your show? I was really enjoying it there up until they yanked me out.

Last edited:
So yesterday was my very first day on Streamate. I was stoked...and having an amazing day! I didn't have a 1000+ guys in my room or anything like that, but was staying really busy with several who were wanting private shows back to back and waiting. Suddenly Admin comes on my feed and said this one guy in particular had pre-paid a fairly large amount (or to me it was) for me to do a special PUBLIC show and that we can't usually show nudity in public shows, but this was a special circumstance and to "give him whatever he wants". I was nervous but also trying not to lose any revenue. So I talked briefly with the 3 guys waiting for pvt shows, encouraging them to stick around for this special public show I was about to do. I got right back to messaging with the priority 1 member but he kept logging off and back on repeatedly. In the midst of all this confusion I managed to find out he wanted me to change from lingerie I was wearing to a mini skirt or dress. I just so happened to have one handy, so I proceeded to change into it and grant his request. I then realized I was in private chat now with him....then BOOM! They disconnected me and put me in 24hour time out. So, I lost whatever that could've earned me PLUS my other 3 members waiting. I'm not gonna lie, I'm still pretty livid as I type this. No one from support will respond to me. Just had an email stating it was because I got nude below the waist in a public show. I know the rules and was not about to strip down publicly. However, THEY TOLD me nudity was not only allowed for that show, but EXPECTED. They screwed me bad, plus I kinda feel exploited. Furthermore, I feel I'd put in time that day and truly worked for the money that they basically took from me for doing exactly what THEY told me was expected! I pushed my limits quite a bit yesterday as far as content was concerned, but I would have NEVER gotten nude for the public had they not requested it and informed me it was prepaid. Turned out to be for NOTHING, and that REALLY chaps my hide! Has anyone else experienced anything like this, particularly the part about Admin advising you in the middle of your show? I was really enjoying it there up until they yanked me out.
It sounds like someone scammed you into thinking that they were an SM Admin. I've never heard of anyone saying "it's OK this one time". Admin doesn't talk to you on your feed. It sounds like it was the guy from his 2nd account. Or another troll.

Write to them and explain, they can call up the chat history and see what this person did to you.

Upvote 0
Sounds like someone scammed you. Streamate admins will never enter your chat and tell you to do anything. That's on you, not the site. You should have reported the member and blocked them.

ETA: Also, if you're in a private or exclusive show it will state that at the top of your chat. Always check that and never do a show in Guest chat.

Upvote 0
Sounds like someone scammed you. Streamate admins will never enter your chat and tell you to do anything. That's on you, not the site. You should have reported the member and blocked them.
The member's name was "ADMINISTRATOR". That's what it said on my screen, and it looked different on my feed than all the others so it stood out. Therefore I believed it to be Admin. I take full responsibility for my choices. . You are right it could've been a scammer. If you are lied to or conned you don't have the option to make choices based on your own terms. When you're scammed you don't even get to KNOW the terms. You just get screwed. Definitely feels like that. I wonder if they allow member user names to be "Administrator"? If so, why would they still threaten to suspend me? I'm trying to understand what happened. There is no communication. I'm sorry- What exactly is "on me" that you think I'm not owning? I am trying to understand what happened and want to know how myself and everyone can prevent it from happening again. Thank you for the response,

Reactions: MonaMonet
Upvote 0
The member's name was "ADMINISTRATOR". That's what it said on my screen, and it looked different on my feed than all the others so it stood out. Therefore I believed it to be Admin. I take full responsibility for my choices. . You are right it could've been a scammer. If you are lied to or conned you don't have the option to make choices based on your own terms. When you're scammed you don't even get to KNOW the terms. You just get screwed. Definitely feels like that. I wonder if they allow member user names to be "Administrator"? If so, why would they still threaten to suspend me? I'm trying to understand what happened. There is no communication. I'm sorry- What exactly is "on me" that you think I'm not owning? I am trying to understand what happened and want to know how myself and everyone can prevent it from happening again. Thank you for the response,
Forgot to mention, I did report this to Support. Like I said, no communication. Can't block somebody when you are the one blocked by the site, and besides, I still don't know for sure that it wasn't Admin. Are you an Admin? How do know exactly what an Admin will or won't do? I'm just wondering.

Upvote 0
Forgot to mention, I did report this to Support. Like I said, no communication. Can't block somebody when you are the one blocked by the site, and besides, I still don't know for sure that it wasn't Admin. Are you an Admin? How do know exactly what an Admin will or won't do? I'm just wondering.
They are really busy right now. I'm sure they will get to it. It's usually anywhere from 1-5 days. They also have a discord.
Technically you should have read and memorized the terms of service and stuck by them. So I get that you are emotional, but you do have responsibility in this. My suggestion would be to calm down before you communicate with them further. I'm assuming you are a new model who has not made the site much money yet. Like I said they are busy.

Upvote 0
It sounds like someone scammed you into thinking that they were an SM Admin. I've never heard of anyone saying "it's OK this one time". Admin doesn't talk to you on your feed. It sounds like it was the guy from his 2nd account. Or another troll.

Write to them and explain, they can call up the chat history and see what this person did to you.
ok, that answers one of my questions. So people can change their username to "ADMINISTRATOR"? It looked different too.

Upvote 0
They are really busy right now. I'm sure they will get to it. It's usually anywhere from 1-5 days. They also have a discord.
OK. Understand being busy but I'm trying my hardest to get paid like everybody else. I'll just go elsewhere and make sure I know if Admin or any affiliate has access on my feed or not. Lesson Learned! Ty

Upvote 0
Did you not read the terms of service and the compliance check they make you agree to before you start stream? Nudity is NEVER allowed in free chat and streamate may withhold some things but they are very clear about this and tell us multiple times before stream starts. I know this sucks but I can't feel bad for you when it seems you didn't read any of the stuff you signed and agreed to. I recommend reading through all of it again and then joining the models only thread here and reading though ALL of it. Streamate takes compliance very serious.

edit to add: if you decide to leave SM and go elsewhere make sure you read the rules in detail. Every site is different including the kinds of toys, fetishes, and costumes allowed. NEVER assume something is ok until you know for sure by reading terms of service or communicating with support. It sucks but you have to do your research to protect yourself.

Upvote 0
or trying to contact them on discord, which I don't have the time right now to walk you through how to do. Find the link on the support page yourself, then deal with it that way, if you are this Hell bent on solving your issue this very minute. I got shit to do, and I don't know you from Jack.

Reactions: englishmuffins
Upvote 0

There was a guy on Stripchat with the name LIVE_ADMINISTRATOR (or something like that) who tried to scam me, but I knew it was b.s. So I took a screenshot and banned him (Even though bans on Stripchat only last for 30 days). I think he's permamently banned from the site now.

In the future, when some scumbag is in your free chat trying to scam you with nonsense like telling you to get naked (Any below-the-waist nudity is forbidden in free chat), etc., take a screenshot (to e-mail/report the prick to the site) and immediately block the jerk.

There are also members who will pretend to tip you...to get you to flash your boobs or something. They'll post an image in your free chat that'll say something like "has tipped 10 GOLD," to try to trick the model into thinking it's a real tip. When you receive a tip for real, it will make a sound, and that tip will appear in your earnings summary beside the name of the SM member who tipped it.

Upvote 0
Did you not read the terms of service and the compliance check they make you agree to before you start stream? Nudity is NEVER allowed in free chat and streamate may withhold some things but they are very clear about this and tell us multiple times before stream starts. I know this sucks but I can't feel bad for you when it seems you didn't read any of the stuff you signed and agreed to. I recommend reading through all of it again and then joining the models only thread here and reading though ALL of it. Streamate takes compliance very serious.
Yes, I did read it. Did you read my post stating that I was convinced I was speaking with Admin? What authority, given the details I had (if you read about those) did I have to question them? Seems like its easy to judge when you aren't in the same position. I'm sorry I thought I was posting where other models might be supportive and give meaningful advice. So for, its all my fault for not knowing what Admin does or doesn't do. I also didn't know that members could make their font or post stand out like it did on my feed. Should've known. Well, I guess I'm just an idiot then.

Upvote 0
Yes, I did read it. Did you read my post stating that I was convinced I was speaking with Admin? What authority, given the details I had (if you read about those) did I have to question them? Seems like its easy to judge when you aren't in the same position. I'm sorry I thought I was posting where other models might be supportive and give meaningful advice. So for, its all my fault for not knowing what Admin does or doesn't do. I also didn't know that members could make their font or post stand out like it did on my feed. Should've known. Well, I guess I'm just an idiot then.
I have been in the same position, as most of us have. This is a common scam. Users claim all sorts of things and it is up to you to be discerning. I have logged off dozens of times and googled things, emailed support, or asked questions in forums before proceeding. I did read your posts and I simply do not understand why you agreed to the pop up - you have to check the boxes and agree to not be nude in free, and then blame the site for it? There is nothing you can do about it now except read, read, read and learn as much as possible about whatever site you decide to stream on. You can try to email support (I recommend emailing Liz@streamate.com) but they have a zero tolerance policy for basic rules.

I stand by my advice, harsh as it may seem - you agreed to not be nude in free chat and unfortunately someone took advantage of your new status. It sucks and we have all been there as new models. except in this case you trusted a user rather than the agreement you made with the site. I apologize for coming across in a negative manner and hope you have a second chance on streamate.

Upvote 0
or trying to contact them on discord, which I don't have the time right now to walk you through how to do. Find the link on the support page yourself, then deal with it that way, if you are this Hell bent on solving your issue this very minute. I got shit to do, and I don't know you from Jack.
Well that's a good thing. You seem ready to pounce. I'm not happy about the situation, the scam, nor that I can't get anyone. Just a frustrated new girl trying to figure it out as fast as I can so I can make money. But I am painfully aware now that I was an idiot. Did not mean to interrupt your busy day. Ty for your time anyway.

Upvote 0
I have been in the same position, as most of us have. This is a common scam. Users claim all sorts of things and it is up to you to be discerning. I have logged off dozens of times and googled things, emailed support, or asked questions in forums before proceeding. I did read your posts and I simply do not understand why you agreed to the pop up - you have to check the boxes and agree to not be nude in free, and then blame the site for it? There is nothing you can do about it now except read, read, read and learn as much as possible about whatever site you decide to stream on. You can try to email support (I recommend emailing Liz@streamate.com) but they have a zero tolerance policy for basic rules.

I stand by my advice, harsh as it may seem - you agreed to not be nude in free chat and unfortunately someone took advantage of your new status. It sucks and we have all been there as new models. except in this case you trusted a user rather than the agreement you made with the site. I apologize for coming across in a negative manner and hope you have a second chance on streamate.
No it's ok. You are right. And there's a lot more that I don't know yet. I will def get busy reading up more. I've learned quite a bit just from forums, but plenty more to go. Thank you, sincerely.

Upvote 0

Yes, I did write to. I was so trying to get back to do my others shows. It is what it is, and I def learned a hard lesson.

Upvote 0
Well that's a good thing. You seem ready to pounce. I'm not happy about the situation, the scam, nor that I can't get anyone. Just a frustrated new girl trying to figure it out as fast as I can so I can make money. But I am painfully aware now that I was an idiot. Did not mean to interrupt your busy day. Ty for your time anyway.
Just try the discord, it's the fastest. I get it that money is needed and people go into fight or flight. I would seriously advise, just being sure you are calm and trying on discord.

I have to do a bunch of shit, but if you need help w it you can message me on here.

I'm not ready to pounce, I want to help you. It's just I have ADHD and I got a lot of my own stuff going on today too, so I need to direct my attention, and I'm stressed out rn. I'm sorry that you are going through this. But just try to focus and stick to the point.

Upvote 0
Just try the discord, it's the fastest. I get it that money is needed and people go into fight or flight. I would seriously advise, just being sure you are calm and trying on discord.

I have to do a bunch of shit, but if you need help w it you can message me on here.

I'm not ready to pounce, I want to help you. It's just I have ADHD and I got a lot of my own stuff going on today too, so I need to direct my attention, and I'm stressed out rn. I'm sorry that you are going through this.
No, I understand. I realize now I really do sound like a dummy. But I won't fall for twice that's for sure. Thank you for the advice. I'm sorry for being bitchy, myself. Hope you have a great and productive day!

Upvote 0
No, I understand. I realize now I really do sound like a dummy. But I won't fall for twice that's for sure. Thank you for the advice. I'm sorry for being bitchy, myself. Hope you have a great and productive day!
You too. I mean it, if you need further help message me, and I'll try my personal best.

Upvote 0
So people can change their username to "ADMINISTRATOR"? It looked different too.

I do think it's pretty crazy for a member (on any cam site, for that matter) to be able to have 'ADMINISTRATOR' in their screen name. If members had to get their screen names (or name changes) approved - the way us models have to get our photos approved on some sites - this wouldn't even be an issue. And I've seen members with some pretty offensive screen names.....

Upvote 0
I don't know of ANY platform that will have a site admin approach you and tell you that it's okay to break the rules. So moving forward, let it go in one ear and out the other while you perma-ban their lying ass. I'm sorry this happened to you, it's really unfortunate but there are a lot of people out there ready to take advantage of folks who do this work, especially when we first get started.

Upvote 0
When I first started, I had someone with the username “ADMINISTRATOR” come into my room and tried to direct me. I was incredibly suspicious of their requests and demands. But I played along went through with their tasks up until they told me to remove my panties. I asked them why they want me to violate TOS and they stated every bullshit answer under the sun and moon (to promote me, to just take their advice, members will like it, etc.)

I banned the guy but not before laughing and mocking him and ridiculing him for trying to scam models on here. I sent over all of the screenshots to support and they said that no one from streamate will ever contact us in chat, only through email.

I am sorry that happened to you. What foul, dried up scrotum sac of a man. I wish streamate would shadow ban words of usernames. It’d help make life a lot easier!

Upvote 1
Maybe as a group if all of us send them the request via the feedback form they will do it i.e. shadow ban ADMINISTRATOR in user names. And any and all misspelled variations.
They've surprised me with some stuff they've been super on the ball with recently.

Upvote 0
Maybe as a group if all of us send them the request via the feedback form they will do it i.e. shadow ban ADMINISTRATOR in user names. And any and all misspelled variations.
They've surprised me with some stuff they've been super on the ball with recently.
Yes, there is a slew of names that should be banned, especially this type and any actual banned words.

Upvote 0
Yes, there is a slew of names that should be banned, especially this type and any actual banned words.
Well, I'm happy to send them feedback if anyone wants to send me a list of words. If I do it one word per feedback form it might get kind of irritating for support. But on the other hand, if they get like 10 feedback forms from us it might be more effective, especially from a bunch of the higher-earning models. I'm worried about overloading them when they are trying to sort out other problems, and slowing down the system, but then on the other hand we still want to be heard. So not sure of the best strategy here.

Upvote 0
I don't know of ANY platform that will have a site admin approach you and tell you that it's okay to break the rules. So moving forward, let it go in one ear and out the other while you perma-ban their lying ass. I'm sorry this happened to you, it's really unfortunate but there are a lot of people out there ready to take advantage of folks who do this work, especially when we first get started.
Not just camsites but SFW platforms as well. It's kind of common knowledge that anyone acting in an official capacity would contact you in an official way and not through public means.

What authority, given the details I had (if you read about those) did I have to question them?
You had every authority to think for yourself and question it. Always verify shit and ask questions, especially if you think it's weird or it makes on sense or they're trying to get you to do it nownownow. And never lift a finger till you can verify that the money is in your account with your own two eyes.

It sucks that you got scammed by this creep but definitely be more aware of what the rules are on the platform and learn about how people will try to take advantage of you.

staying steve bannon GIF

Upvote 0
I think if anyone asks you to do something against TOS it's definitely not someone who works for the site. On any site. I immediately ban anyone who asks me to do things against TOS, and it seems like a real admin probably can't have their account banned by a model. I feel like if you ban someone for asking you to do something that could get you in trouble there's no negative outcome possible.

We all make mistakes and get scammed when we're new, but it's important to keep a level head and ask yourself why would anyone who works for the site ask you to break their own rules? What's in it for them? Does it make sense? You said it seemed like a lot of money to you but do you think it was a lot of money to the site? Enough for them to break their own TOS? I doubt it. How many thousands of dollars are they making every hour from the models who are following the rules? Probably over $100,000 per hour.

Now that a lot of adult sites are really cracking down on rule breakers it's especially important to stick to the written rules even if you do believe it's a site admin because you could get permanently banned in an instant otherwise. If you say no I won't break the rules to a real admin what's the worst that could happen?

Even if it were an actual admin I still would have said no because it's my business that I'm running. Streamate is a platform I use, but it's my reputation on the line if I'm the model who gets naked in free chat on a private site. No thanks. And yes I actually have said no to managers who told me to do something I didn't feel comfortable with, several times, and no I've never had any negative consequences from it. If it doesn't feel right in any way, just say no.

Upvote 0
Just want to add to the above that on SM it's safest to type it. Put your no in writing. Or add it to your auto-replies or canned replies.

"No what you are asking me to do violates the ToS of this site. I am not interested in your request."

Depending on the request a ban may also be called for immediately after, being sure to put that message (above) in your chat, then also in some cases a report too. It can be annoying, but it's relatively quick. Sometimes if I'm tired I might forget a report, but I'll go back and scan my block list and usually catch it.

You can use this link below from your model account to ban them by client number after the fact too, if your room is busy, and you don't want to fuck up your flow. Their number can be found, then copy and pasted, or jotted down on paper real quick. Then you can block them in batches on a block break. Block breaks can be really fun and cathartic.

To find their numbers after they've left your room, hover over their name and click to enlarge it. Then maximize their box. You will then be able to see a client ID number in the top right of said box.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.